PDA

View Full Version : During Which Song Will You Go For A Leak and/or Beer Counter During The Show?

So this is love
01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
My favorite song to go for a piss is either I'll Wait or the drum solo. Whats yours?

diamondsgirl
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM
My favorite song to go for a piss is either I'll Wait. Whats yours?

LOL. I'll Wait or JUMP. But, not sure if I can hold it til JUMP.

ELVIS
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
This topic sure gives insight to the inner workings of a =VH= fan...

:biggrin:

So this is love
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
My problem is if they don't play I'll Wait this time, I need another song.

So this is love
01-14-2012, 11:16 AM
A Van Halen show needs planning now that they don't take any break. ALWAYS Plan for having 4 beers at the opening of the first song 1 for the wife and 3 for me. Then I wait for the drum solo and I'll wait for a beer refill and a leak...A couple of shooters are not out of the question while at the beer counter the second time around...

diamondsgirl
My problem is if they don't play I'll Wait this time, I need another song.

You better be wearing Depends! You dont want to miss the new stuff and all of the old stuff is killer! Worth pissing yourself over, seriously. :D

ELVIS
How 'bout you plan to wear a catheter...

diamondsgirl
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM

and have your wife hold the bag. LMAO.

if she really loves you...she'll do it!

So this is love
01-14-2012, 11:21 AM
and have your wife hold the bag. LMAO.

if she really loves you...she'll do it!

Rule #1 Never bring the wife at the refill b/c this is when you have the shooters with your pals and she doesn't need to see that...

golitely
01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Jump is when you grab your keys and try to beat the traffic out of the parking lot. you hit the head during the drum or (god forbid) bass solos.

VAiN
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll piss on the guy in front of me before I leave my goddamn seat! Consider yourselves warned!!

golitely
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
...if you even think about taking break while Uncle Dave is rapping, you should be taken outside and summarily shot. The only reason to get your butt out of the seat then is for a better view.

So this is love
01-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Jump is when you grab your keys and try to beat the traffic out of the parking lot. you hit the head during the drum or (god forbid) bass solos.

Bass solo???thats my cue

diamondsgirl
01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Bass solo???thats my cue

I would like to see what Wolfs got, but he didnt do one last tour. Put those rumors to rest that its not him playing, you know??

I used to book it to the ladies room during Mike's solo tho.

VanHalener
01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
...The only reason to get your butt out of the seat then is for a better view.

Fook N A Hooah.

I hear adult diapers work just fine.

WhyTF would you get up and split. It's Van Fucking Halen.
It's Van Halen with Dave and a new album for fuks sake.
If you feel you'll be bored for even a moment at this show, stay home and break out the Vaseline and your grey sock.
This shit is not going to last forever, so get it all while you can.

~Carry On~

diamondsgirl
01-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually, if your ass is even in your seat...you are lame. :)

Everybody Up!!!

tommyv
01-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Drum solos were invented for bathroom breaks.

So this is love
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Drum solos were invented for bathroom breaks.

So true, but what if he's doing his solo just after I'll Wait, then what More drinks....Van Halen is a party band...Not a night at the Opera...You pay for a seat but seriously who uses it

So this is love
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
10 Surprising Health Benefits of Beer and more reasons for a Pit stop during the Bass solo
Stronger Bones
A Stronger Heart
Healthier Kidneys
Boosting Brain Health
Reduced Cancer Risk
Boosting Vitamin Levels
Guarding Against Stroke
Reduced Risk for Diabetes
Lower Blood Pressure
Longer Life

TATTOO
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I have a feeling if the young Wolfster does ever get a Bass solo, peeps will
not be flocking to the bog.

The kid can fucking play!!

ELVIS
01-14-2012, 01:11 PM
It's not a rumor that he wasn't playing much bass on the last tour. It's a fact...

Panamark
01-15-2012, 08:01 AM

That coupled with this:

http://www.thebeerbelly.com/

and you would not miss a thing ! :)

Panamark
01-15-2012, 08:07 AM
You know what, this is a valid problem as everyone tends to go
at those same moments.

Maybe stick to a hip flask of bourbon ?
Gets you drunk quicker and you dont need so many
piss breaks like with beer ?

academic punk
01-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I used to book it to the ladies room during Mike's solo tho.

Dropping your bass from the drum riser and then pumping your fists in the air does not qualify as a solo.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 08:47 AM
dropping your bass from the drum riser and then pumping your fists in the air does not qualify as a solo.

ha!!!

chefcraig
01-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Dropping your bass from the drum riser and then pumping your fists in the air does not qualify as a solo.

Yet oddly enough. if you dropped to one knee and held your fist to your forehead after doing so, you could become a cross-cultural phenomenon.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g459/catherinestommeh/F1/introducing_tebowing_its_like_plank.png

Angel
01-15-2012, 09:03 AM
It's not a rumor that he wasn't playing much bass on the last tour. It's a fact...He'd only been playing for a year at that time... no wonder he looked like a fucking scared duck up there. Bass solo used to be my potty break... not this year (if I make it to a show). This is why I toke instead of drink now.... no need to go to the john!

BITEYOASS
01-15-2012, 09:59 AM
That's simple! I'd get everything done throughout the opening act. :D

So this is love
01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Ceeeelebrate Good Times Come On!!!!

JJtheVagPounder
01-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Yet oddly enough. if you dropped to one knee and held your fist to your forehead after doing so, you could become a cross-cultural phenomenon.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g459/catherinestommeh/F1/introducing_tebowing_its_like_plank.png

I greatly dislike Tim Tebow. It's not just his over the top, in your face, I tied my shoes today let me thank jesus brand of Christianity. It's the fact that he's a Bronco. Ugh.

ThrillsNSpills
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
If I ever get in position at a show and have the nature problem and they go into Fools or Simple Rhyme, my strategy would be to just go in my pants and pour a little beer on it. (<--class act)

you would too

probably pissed you didn't think of it. ;)

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Just don't go for that first piss..........

JJtheVagPounder
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
If I ever get in position at a show and have the nature problem and they go into Fools or Simple Rhyme, my strategy would be to just go in my pants and pour a little beer on it. (<--class act)

you would too

probably pissed you didn't think of it. ;)

I want to let you know that A) I could see myself doing that and B) I am a little pissed I didn't think of it. Now that I admitted it, I can heal.

So this is love
01-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Can't wait for the setlist to come up to schedule my trip to the concession...

Terry
01-15-2012, 02:11 PM
The drum solo.
Nothing against Alex, who was playing very well on the 2007/2008 tour, but after nearly 3 decades of seeing many bands and many live drum solos, as a general rule I'm over them.

Angel
01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
That's simple! I'd get everything done throughout the opening act. :DI learned early not to bother showing up for the opening act, lol

FORD
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
I greatly dislike Tim Tebow. It's not just his over the top, in your face, I tied my shoes today let me thank jesus brand of Christianity. It's the fact that he's a Bronco. Ugh.

Yeah, I never thought anybody could beat John "crybaby" Elway in the "reasons to hate the Denver Broncos" sweepstakes, but damned if Timmy isn't working hard to take that title away from him.

kwame k
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
The drum solo.
Nothing against Alex, who was playing very well on the 2007/2008 tour, but after nearly 3 decades of seeing many bands and many live drum solos, as a general rule I'm over them.

Me, too!

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I have a feeling if the young Wolfster does ever get a Bass solo, peeps will
not be flocking to the bog.

The kid can fucking play!!

I don't care if he's the new Billy Sheehan, bass solos are the musical equivalent of a fart in a jacuzzi.

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
The drum solo.

Last year I found myself getting bored during the Neil Peart drum solo and went to the bar when Tommy Lee was spinning around upside down.

You can't get more over them than that... :)

VHscraps
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I think it's time to cut all the solos, even 'Eruption'. If they want to give Dave a rest, or whatever, let them run through an instrumental of 'Girl Gone Bad' - and they can show off plenty. It is practically an instrumental anyway - and I'd much rather hear that than one guy on stage doing a solo. It's just old hat.

Didn't Al used to solo after the SECOND song on the '1984' tour?

Tommy Lee's 360 thing on this recent Motley tour was just a variation on what he'd done before - the only novelty for me was the guy from the audience on there with him. Seeing if he was gonna fall off ... that kept my attention for a couple of minutes.

guwapo_rocker
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
i think it's time to cut all the solos, even 'eruption'.

gasp!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, cut out the greatest guitar solo of all time....

:lmao:

VHscraps
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I bet Ed hates having to do it - it's like a dead weight around his neck.

That original LP version, however, is timeless and can't be topped.

I didn't mind Mick Mars's solo on the recent Crue tour, because he didn't try and be flash. He just made a hell of a lot of noise, feedback, etc., for a few minutes - and it sounded a bit like you'd imagine the sound of skyscrapers if they were being pushed into each other, or summat. I thought that was cool - a kind of anti-solo. Then it segued quite perfectly into 'Kickstart My Heart', I think (I'd had a few beers by then ...)

Good pacing.

VHscraps
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, cut out the greatest guitar solo of all time....

:lmao:

Would be a brave, and probably unlikely, thing to do - but I just think solos mess up the pacing of a good show. Unless he did it for 96 seconds, as per the original.

vandeleur
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
sorry dude , aint gonna happen

VHscraps
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
yeah, I know. But a bit of unpredictability would be good.

VanHalenI
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Nothing will take me out of a Van Halen concert NOTHING, I'll think it twice if they play "Runnin'..." nothing against that song, believe me, one of my favorite pieces of music, but I want something fast!

So this is love
01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
GUYS I just want a song or a solo to go for more beers and a piss...Don't start cutting out RWTD or the greatest guitar solo of all time.......Geez BTW who leaves the stands when ED's soloing?

ThrillsNSpills
01-15-2012, 05:49 PM
GUYS I just want a song or a solo to go for more beers and a piss...Don't start cutting out RWTD or the greatest guitar solo of all time.......Geez BTW who leaves the stands when ED's soloing?

Well since you put it that way, and although it doesn't match the title, you can go during "I'll Wait."

So this is love
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Well since you put it that way, and although it doesn't match the title, you can go during "I'll Wait."

I think I'll Wait will be left out this tour...I never had this problem when SH was with VH...I could leave my seat anytime I wanted

Terry
01-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Last year I found myself getting bored during the Neil Peart drum solo and went to the bar when Tommy Lee was spinning around upside down.

I mean, fuck, throw a couple more tunes in there rather than a drum solo.

I can understand it gives the rest of the band a chance to have a break, and/or switch off guitars...[drum solos] are as boring as fuck, though.

Terry
01-15-2012, 08:44 PM

Honestly, last time around Ed's solo would have been a good time to cut out and take a piss.

academic punk
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM

This conversation reminds me of an old joke:
An anthropologist is in deepest, darkest Africa, researching and studying the natives. From the time he'd arrived, he could hear the sound of drums off in the hills. "What's up with the drums?" he'd constantly ask. "Very bad if the drums stop." But he could never get an answer as to what would happen if the drums were to stop and why it would be bad.
So after months and months of hearing the drums, asking about the drums, getting the same response about the drums, not getting any real answers about the drums, their significance, and what happens if they stop, well, one day...the drums...just....stop.

The entire village freezes. Men and women stop everything and anything they were doing. They look towards the hills in complete, abject HORROR.

"What?" The anthropologist begs, "What happens now? You always told me it would be bad if the drums stop. Well, they have! Now what???!?"

"Now," the tribal chief responds, "Comes the bass solo."

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM
The funny thing is now with the internet people know the running order and you see them moving towards the exits for a piss before the end of the song before the drum solo.

At a Rush show a few years back I thought I was being clever doing that to avoid two weak songs off their worst album and when I got to the gents there was a queue. I said 'so you all saw the setlist online too' and everyone laughed...

Seshmeister
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
This conversation reminds me of an old joke:
An anthropologist is in deepest, darkest Africa, researching and studying the natives. From the time he'd arrived, he could hear the sound of drums off in the hills. "What's up with the drums?" he'd constantly ask. "Very bad if the drums stop." But he could never get an answer as to what would happen if the drums were to stop and why it would be bad.
So after months and months of hearing the drums, asking about the drums, getting the same response about the drums, not getting any real answers about the drums, their significance, and what happens if they stop, well, one day...the drums...just....stop.

The entire village freezes. Men and women stop everything and anything they were doing. They look towards the hills in complete, abject HORROR.

"What?" The anthropologist begs, "What happens now? You always told me it would be bad if the drums stop. Well, they have! Now what???!?"

"Now," the tribal chief responds, "Comes the bass solo."

:)

A couple, who's relationship was on the rocks, went to a marriage counselor who could not get them to discuss anything. The communication block was so heavy that nothing he suggested could make them open up and talk.

Finally after several sessions of non-communication, the counselor stands up, walks to the corner of the room and produces a bass guitar. He brings it to the couple, plugs it into a small practice amp and begins to play fervently. Gradually their barriers break down and they begin to discuss their problems and little things that always bothered them that they never felt encouraged to bring up before.

At the end of the session, they were smiling and laughing just like old times. They paid their bill and before leaving, the couple asked the counselor, "What did you do? How did that song help make everything work out?"

He answered simply, "Everybody talks during the bass solo."

So this is love
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Honestly, last time around Ed's solo would have been a good time to cut out and take a piss.

I know what you mean but I saw him in MTL and he was great but then I saw the same solo in Tampa Bay and Sunrise and it wasn't as good but the whole show wasn't as good sounding than in Montreal earier in the tour/// Which Florida show did you attend...I think they also did Orlando.

VanHalener
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
I will not move from my seat when I saddle up in section 113.
I can hardly sleep at night knowing I'll be there.
You pukes can split during whatever fucking bores you, but you'll know VanHalener and his adult diaper don't need to leave the action for
A
N
Y
T
H
I
N
G
!

You better stand back and give me a little room to get it on.

V
A
N

H
A
L
E
N

B
I
T
C
H
E
S
!

Dan
01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Go Hard,Stay Hard And Take A Few Diapers With You.:D

Dan
01-15-2012, 11:02 PM
And For The Ladies try This,www.shewee.com

mohican
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Why don't we all chip in and buy Depend in bulk at Costco.

academic punk
01-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Why don't we all chip in and buy Depend in bulk at Costco.

See, this argument is EXACTLY how Democrats should frame taxes: for the collective good and benefit of the masses.

SNIPER
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
They should put little rubber Hagar faces in the bottom of all urinals and toilets on the tour. hehe

VanHalener
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM
See, this argument is EXACTLY how Democrats should frame taxes: for the collective good and benefit of the masses.

This ain't politics, baby. This is Vannnnn Halen.
I'll throw in a couple hundred if it helps people not miss a fooking thang!

OWWWWW!

VanHalener
01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
They should put little rubber Hagar faces in the bottom of all urinals and toilets on the tour. hehe

That is THE only place I want to see Sir Spamness at a Van Halen concert.

chefcraig
01-16-2012, 12:03 AM

One of the joints I cooked for tried putting little plastic targets in the stand-up urinals in the men's room. Oddly enough, this act actually increased the amount of restroom use, resulting in a drastically more significant amount of clean-up. One can only imagine the carnage that inserting Hagar's face would do in irreparably damaging the halls used on the intended VH tour.

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
One of the joints I cooked for tried putting little plastic targets in the stand-up urinals in the men's room. Oddly enough, this act actually increased the amount of restroom use, resulting in a drastically more significant amount of clean-up. One can only imagine the carnage that inserting Hagar's face would do in irreparably damaging the halls used on the intended VH tour.

I didn't look at it that way, good point. But it sure would be funny as hell.

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Well, I plan on having a bottle in my boot and hold in my piss till the show ends. Not gonna miss any of it.

mohican
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
http://depend.com.au/assets/0000/0254/fitted_briefs.gif

academic punk
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
That is THE only place I want to see Sir Spamness at a Van Halen concert.

Oh, no. No. Nonono. I wanna see Sammy there. I would LOVE to see him there. Because I want his fat ass to see and hear how beloved dave and classic VH are, and how Van Hagar never once, in all of his pompous, ill-conceived fantasies never even got near.

All the crap and abuse he's given Dave over the years for not being able to sing, and that Dave was a has-been? I want Sambo to see for himself how false and naive that notion was. I want him to hear US - the real fans - out there, and finally inevitably conclude that he only became a star because he got to walk into a household brand-name band that Dave built. To realize that it wasn't his singing or lyrics that made the band, but Eddie and Alex's musicianship while Dave wasn't around.

I want that fat prick to never be able to look in the mirror again.

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh, no. No. Nonono. I wanna see Sammy there. I would LOVE to see him there. Because I want his fat ass to see and hear how beloved dave and classic VH are, and how Van Hagar never once, in all of his pompous, ill-conceived fantasies never even got near.

All the crap and abuse he's given Dave over the years for not being able to sing, and that Dave was a has-been? I want Sambo to see for himself how false and naive that notion was. I want him to hear US - the real fans - out there, and finally inevitably conclude that he only became a star because he got to walk into a household brand-name band that Dave built. To realize that it wasn't his singing or lyrics that made the band, but Eddie and Alex's musicianship while Dave wasn't around.

You need to run for president sir!!:yo:

chefcraig
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM

The fact is, his mirror is covered with so many of his own smooch prints that he can't even see himself anymore. I mean really, do you think anyone goes out in public presenting themselves in such a ghastly fashion if they can at first see themselves reflected clearly before walking out the door?

SNIPER
01-16-2012, 12:29 AM
http://depend.com.au/assets/0000/0254/fitted_briefs.gif

bwahahahaha!!

fifth element
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I'll piss on the guy in front of me before I leave my goddamn seat! Consider yourselves warned!!

not leaving my seat till the show is over...

IceCreamBlondie
01-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Hell, Im staying for the whole VH show...... why leave the greatest show on earth?

Im just planning my drinks accordingly....

I don't care if I have to cross my legs during Dave's Tale! Its DAVE in his ELEMENT!

BTW, I thought Alex did a kick ass solo last tour. ED's solo, however, was LOOOONNNGG!

ashstralia
01-16-2012, 02:13 AM
yeah, good old ash hasn't had a drink at a concert in 23 years... the upsides; i remember every detail of every show i've been to since 1988. as designated driver, my mates usually part pay for my ticket.

my philosophy is i can get blasted during the debrief the next night!!! WIN!!!

chi-town324
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
ill take a piss or head for the exit during jump every time even if it is the encore...fucking hate that song

Seshmeister
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM
yeah, good old ash hasn't had a drink at a concert in 23 years... the upsides; i remember every detail of every show i've been to since 1988. as designated driver, my mates usually part pay for my ticket.

my philosophy is i can get blasted during the debrief the next night!!! WIN!!!

I didn't drink at a gig once in the mid 1990s, Aerosmith in an arena.

Never again...

jero
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
I saw Aerosmith in 2010 with a drink! It didn't matter

WACF
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Jump....the only song I could do without.

I do not need a bass solo or drawn out drum solo either....even if Eddie cut down his solo that would be cool but....how can Eddie not have a solo.

Anything to cram in a few more songs is cool with me.

Mikeyj122
01-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I highly doubt that im gonna leave my seat for anything. Ive been waiting most of my life to see,these guus,and im not gonna miss,a,damn thing. Im prolly gomna shoot some videos,also. and I hope they do play ill wait, I love that song. I love all classic van halen tunes, including jump.

sadaist
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.

So this is love
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The venue in San Diego only allowed you to purchase 2 beers. Here was my secret strategy to get 3. When I ordered I asked the girl....If I can finish the first one before you are done pouring the 2nd, can I buy a 3rd? That way I only walk away with the maximum 2. She didn't think I could do it...but sho nuff. CHUG! Carried 3 back to my seats. 1 in my belly & 1 in each hand.

I thought I was the only one doing this...although I find its faster to down a couple of shooters while she pours the beers....

So this is love
01-16-2012, 08:20 PM
BTW I bought my Tix today and they were about 20 bucks cheaper than in 2007 same section of seats??

Panamark
01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
While we are thinking about custom Roth Army T Shirts,
how about a Roth Army Bedpan ? It would naturally
be a plastic model of Sammy built around a bedpan.

Dont miss a second of the concert and publicly make a statement
about what you think of Van Hagar at the same time !

Floridaman1985
01-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.

So this is love
01-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I won't miss a second of whichever show I attend. I kinda hope Ed cuts down on the wankery of his solo this time. I love hearing/seeing him play, but a lot of the unfocused noodling gets pretty redundant / boring.

I am always amazed when I see a 26 year old digging VH with Roth... Good for you dude....

So this is love
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
OK
Tickets in my freaking hand check
VH T-shirts ordered check
CD pre order check
Tattoo fix for the day check
Beer check
Can't fucking wait for the tour to start............

This is a Happy man

neuralfraud
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I won't have anything until the 11th of next month, but on the bright side that's only 21 days away :)

You know what brings a smile to my face?

When I'm driving with my 2 year old daughter and she says "Song daddy!"

I play Tattoo and she starts boppin'

THAT'S A GOOD FUCKING SIGN RIGHT THERE!

This show is gonna fucking kick ass. I hope they play the whole cd sprinkled with some old shit for good measure. No reason not to!

Terry
01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I know what you mean but I saw him in MTL and he was great but then I saw the same solo in Tampa Bay and Sunrise and it wasn't as good but the whole show wasn't as good sounding than in Montreal earier in the tour/// Which Florida show did you attend...I think they also did Orlando.

I caught 'em in Tampa last time around.

The boots I got from some earlier shows in the first leg of that tour sounded really good, so if anything I thought the band would only be better by the time the 2nd leg and Tampa came around...you know, just the sheer repetition night after night making things tighter. Ed was a bit of a mess by the time Tampa rolled around, though...he was clearly drunk and appeared to be having problems with his hands...his solo spot was where it was most noticeable because he didn't have the rest of the band in the mix with him to counteract his sloppiness...I mean, honestly I could have played Eruption better than he could that night.

The Cafe Wha? stuff looked real promising, though, in terms of Ed's work. So, I'm gonna try and get tix for Tampa and give the band another shot.

I'm kinda looking forward to the new album a little bit more than the tour, truth be told.

So this is love
01-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I won't have anything until the 11th of next month, but on the bright side that's only 21 days away :)

You know what brings a smile to my face?

When I'm driving with my 2 year old daughter and she says "Song daddy!"

I play Tattoo and she starts boppin'

THAT'S A GOOD FUCKING SIGN RIGHT THERE!

This show is gonna fucking kick ass. I hope they play the whole cd sprinkled with some old shit for good measure. No reason not to!

I know what you mean ENJOY!!! I have an 8 yr old daughter myself and she loves Tattoo!! But she's not coming to the show as its somethijng else if you know what I mean....

So this is love
01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
I caught 'em in Tampa last time around.

The boots I got from some earlier shows in the first leg of that tour sounded really good, so if anything I thought the band would only be better by the time the 2nd leg and Tampa came around...you know, just the sheer repetition night after night making things tighter. Ed was a bit of a mess by the time Tampa rolled around, though...he was clearly drunk and appeared to be having problems with his hands...his solo spot was where it was most noticeable because he didn't have the rest of the band in the mix with him to counteract his sloppiness...I mean, honestly I could have played Eruption better than he could that night.

The Cafe Wha? stuff looked real promising, though, in terms of Ed's work. So, I'm gonna try and get tix for Tampa and give the band another shot.
down
I'm kinda looking forward to the new album a little bit more than the tour, truth be told.

I hear you but Ed's solo was different than any I saw that tour... In TB was the first time I saw him lying all over on the floor doing his solo....it was kind of awkward at times as you say but to me playing drunk I can't believe it (as guitar player myself) but hey!! Ed is so talented as he is he can get away with it... anyways I did not feel the same vibe as in montreal...

Floridaman1985
01-28-2012, 01:44 PM
I am always amazed when I see a 26 year old digging VH with Roth... Good for you dude....

Haha, well I got into Van Halen when I was 14. In the Fall of 1999. I've been waiting on them to do something with Roth ever since and I've been lurking on here since the site began. I couldn't attend the 2007/2008 tours because of school, but I will be damned if I miss out this round.

SNIPER
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
14 fr foley.

So this is love
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
The way the setlist goes these days and with my seat location right next to the alley... I might attempt to run and get a refill of beers during Tattoo...there is not much going on in that song and for the first time EVER I will be there listening to I'll wait???? or not?????? anyways thats the kind of trouble I have to figure out when going to a VH concert..... Or might just send the wife for beers but then thats pushing my luck a little and she can't take a leak for me does she????????

Angel
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
She can, but she has to stand up to pee for you ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

scott b
03-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Im not leaving for a pea break im just gonna go in my beer cup.(or maybe i ll wear a diaper.JUST KIDDING.

Light Em' Up!
03-16-2012, 10:08 PM
No way in hell would I leave for a pee break! There's no telling what the band will surprise us with! Maybe a diaper is in order??

So this is love
03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Last night we were out of drinks after a few songs into the show..... so I ran to the bar for drinks (8) at the start of Chinatown came back before the end of the song, told the waiter I am coming back during I''ll wait with the same order 4 beers 4 rhums, Fuck the guy had it all prepared and I came back right away. My seat was next to the steps....Incredible night out at the VH concert...........Thanks VH for the memories.

Bad Muthafucker
03-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll go for a piss during the Van Hagar and Van Cherone songs.

So this is love
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I'll go for a piss during the Van Hagar and Van Cherone songs.

I would not attend another vinagar or cherone show EVER.

adena dodds
03-31-2012, 11:11 PM
I've got such a kick ass bladder that I drank two big galsses of ice water before the show last night and didn't even have go to the bathroom until I went home after midnight. Plus I had to get there by 6:00 for my seat. That thought usually doesn't even have to cross my mind if I drain myself accordingly. You have to time it right if you know your body. Imagine how the band would feel if they're playing and all of a suden the gotts go. Now that would suck royally! Don't ya think?
My favorite song to go for a piss is either I'll Wait or the drum solo. Whats yours?

adena dodds
03-31-2012, 11:24 PM
I had great seats in Pgh. as well. I even had my own little Beavis and Butt Head audience. These dudes were all messed up smoking cigerettes and pot and they really didn't get caught until the end. They kept on looking at me most of the night (maybe for condolence). Maybe they were afraaid I'd bust them but they seemed to be having a good time like we all were. The guy behind me gave me a high five and had his hand on my shoulder off and on all night....Where the boys are....that's where you'll find me. It's wild to see how many people that were wearing glasses at the show. Not too many naked steaming eyes huh?...You know were all getting old! Long live Van Halen!
Last night we were out of drinks after a few songs into the show..... so I ran to the bar for drinks (8) at the start of Chinatown came back before the end of the song, told the waiter I am coming back during I''ll wait with the same order 4 beers 4 rhums, Fuck the guy had it all prepared and I came back right away. My seat was next to the steps....Incredible night out at the VH concert...........Thanks VH for the memories.

So this is love
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
I've got such a kick ass bladder that I drank two big galsses of ice water before the show last night and didn't even have go to the bathroom until I went home after midnight. Plus I had to get there by 6:00 for my seat. That thought usually doesn't even have to cross my mind if I drain myself accordingly. You have to time it right if you know your body. Imagine how the band would feel if they're playing and all of a suden the gotts go. Now that would suck royally! Don't ya think?

A+ lol

adena dodds
03-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank you. I'm not as dumb as I type.
A+ lol

So this is love
03-31-2012, 11:43 PM
I had great seats in Pgh. as well. I even had my own little Beavis and Butt Head audience. These dudes were all messed up smoking cigerettes and pot and they really didn't get caught until the end. They kept on looking at me most of the night (maybe for condolence). Maybe they were afraaid I'd bust them but they seemed to be having a good time like we all were. The guy behind me gave me a high five and had his hand on my shoulder off and on all night....Where the boys are....that's where you'll find me. It's wild to see how many people that were wearing glasses at the show. Not too many naked steaming eyes huh?...You know were all getting old! Long live Van Halen!

We had pot smokers in our area as well according to the ladies in our parties ( wife and gf) I don't care about this garbage anymore ....anyways before VH is about to come out on stage you could hear ED shredding backstage for 5-10 minutes (does Ed do this every night? Momshell? or was it sound test related?)

adena dodds
04-02-2012, 07:37 AM
What is shredding?
We had pot smokers in our area as well according to the ladies in our parties ( wife and gf) I don't care about this garbage anymore ....anyways before VH is about to come out on stage you could hear ED shredding backstage for 5-10 minutes (does Ed do this every night? Momshell? or was it sound test related?)

fryingdutchman
04-02-2012, 08:02 AM
What is shredding?

Ummmm....your brain from the looks of some of your recent posts.

You drunk posting, adena?

:bigwink:

adena dodds
04-02-2012, 08:10 AM
No it's the barametric pressure in the atmosphere. When it's cloudy and rainy it effects the brain. We are made up of 90% water and I do get pretty dizzy when the pressure is up. Does anyone else feel it?
Ummmm....your brain from the looks of some of your recent posts.

You drunk posting, adena?

:bigwink:

ODShowtime
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
At a Rush show a few years back I thought I was being clever doing that to avoid two weak songs off their worst album and when I got to the gents there was a queue. I said 'so you all saw the setlist online too' and everyone laughed...

Now that's the best argument I've ever heard for looking at a setlist before a show. I like the surprise but there were some songs I actually would have liked to miss during the last Rush tour. I'm watching the Time Machine DVD and good lord there are some terrible songs on there before they get to moving pictures. And they totally fuck up the best part of Red Barchetta. Ah didn't mean to start a bitch fest.

Looking forward to I'll Wait tonight for my chance to take a leak :)

DONNIEP
04-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Ice Cream Man...

JenniferM
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, let's see. Since I'm 44 and have had two c-sections, I will probably have to miss more than one song. Let's hope the ol' bladder decides to cooperate!

JenniferM
*It's a bitch getting old*

Sensible Shoes
04-17-2012, 01:01 AM
I hear you.

SLAUGHTER MAN
04-29-2012, 01:45 PM

I'll have my wife drink water..so I can piss in the water bottle...a 24 OZ er....or DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY if you got a gun to my dick...

JenniferM
04-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Update:

I ended up having to go during Panama. Couldn't help it. Damn it!!

hideyoursheep
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I'll piss before the show...I plan on sweating and NOT holding my phone in the air! I'm gonna do it old-school.....1 zippo and a can of hairspray!!:fighting0066:

sob33316
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Sad thing is...i did this once at the old miami arena.....the guy looked up and was scared out of his mind and left. This was 2 songs into a show and he never returned.

vanshipman
05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I go to the john during Kool and the Gang, and put bladder on pause until VH is done.

Angel
05-22-2012, 10:08 AM
I go to the john during Kool and the Gang, and put bladder on pause until VH is done.

I'd go durimg the break between the two bands, but I love Kool.

loucap81
05-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I won't miss a note. Even the drum solo. I also prefer to stand the entire concert unless someone's yelling at me to sit down but I don't think that's ever happened to me.

vanshipman
05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
I'd go durimg the break between the two bands, but I love Kool.

Yeah I like Kool too, I didn't go to the bathroom during either band in Charlotte...I guess what I should've said is if I'm gonna go at all, it will be during Kool and not VH. ;>)

loucap81
05-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Kool is OK but you only need to see them once. It's not interesting enough to warrant multiple listens if you're hitting multiple shows.

Seshmeister
05-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Here's the answer