PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question About A Real Tattoo...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Since we're all caught up in Tattoomania, I thought I'd ask this question for you inkheads....

I've had a scorpion tattoo on my upper arm since 1985. I got it in Singapore from a world-famous tattoo artist named Johnny Two Thumb (go ahead, Google it, he had a second thumb on his right hand).... He has since passed away....

It really was beautiful back in the day, gorgeous colors, great detail.... But since it's been 27 years since then, not so much.... Maybe one day I'll get it re-colored....

Anyway, for the last couple of months, nearly the entire tattoo has been bumpy... I experienced this several years ago, and the doctors even took a biopsy (took a chunk of one of his claws) just to make sure it wasn't skin cancer....

Any suggestions on what this might be? I've read applying ointments, etc....

Thanks....

JJtheVagPounder
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
You’re fine. Happens to me and the wife all the time. It’s like an irritation that occurs every now and then. You can ask a tattoo artist, they’ll tell you the same thing. Don’t lose sleep over it.

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
You give me goosebumps babe. :thumb:

ZahZoo
01-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Probably just a minor form of eczema triggered by certain allergies or shifts in your immune system.

New product out by Neosporin called Eczema Essentials... seems to work well if you got this stuff.

SparkieD
01-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Out of all my ink, I have one that does this on occasion, and it's the one I've had the longest. My artist says it's no big deal. She recommended Aquaphor. That usually clears it up in one day.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyway, for the last couple of months, nearly the entire tattoo has been bumpy... I experienced this several years ago, and the doctors even took a biopsy (took a chunk of one of his claws) just to make sure it wasn't skin cancer....

It's terrible once you get over 40 and everything becomes a cancer candidate.

Sore throat = Throat cancer
Mouth ulcer = Oral Cancer
Sore back = Kidney Cancer...

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Out of all my ink, I have one that does this on occasion, and it's the one I've had the longest. My artist says it's no big deal. She recommended Aquaphor. That usually clears it up in one day.

You should see someone about that swollen nose. :)

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 12:48 AM
i think zah's right with the allergy thing. i had a crazy bizarre episode in the early 90's where every time i ate kfc my tatts would flare up and itch like a mofo... no more kfc; problem solved.

conmee
01-19-2012, 12:58 AM
VA,

It could also be AIDS™©®. I was in Singapore in 2006, and between avoiding all the SHEMALES™©® and trying to find a clean hooker (not very easy despite high class digs at the Grand Hyatt... ah, the memories at BRIX and Raffles baby!)... well, let's just say that getting ink in Singapore is RISKY BEHAVIOUR™©®....

Never fear, though, the webbies are behind your RECOVERY™©® 110%!

Also, one time at BAND CAMP™©® I had a rash on my NETHER REGION™©® and TEA TREE OIL™©® seemed to do the TRICK™©®, has a minty fresh feeling and will "cure" many topical skin afflictions.

That is all.

Icon™©®

DONNIEP
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
VA,

It could also be AIDS™©®. I was in Singapore in 2006, and between avoiding all the SHEMALES™©® and trying to find a clean hooker (not very easy despite high class digs at the Grand Hyatt... ah, the memories at BRIX and Raffles baby!)... well, let's just say that getting ink in Singapore is RISKY BEHAVIOUR™©®....

Never fear, though, the webbies are behind your RECOVERY™©® 110%!

Also, one time at BAND CAMP™©® I had a rash on my NETHER REGION™©® and TEA TREE OIL™©® seemed to do the TRICK™©®, has a minty fresh feeling and will "cure" many topical skin afflictions.

That is all.

Icon™©®

I got nothing to top this :)

I suggest you go back to the doctor and explain who you are. That's guaranteed to get a quick response!

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 05:20 AM
I got nothing to top this :)

yes. we simply don't have drugs in oz as good as Icon™©® gets.

it may well be the funniest post i've read in years. like 'tattoo', it gets better with repeated viewings.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 06:45 AM
As Icoke said Tea tree oil would be a good start. Could also be that your epidermis wants
to be old but theres ink in the way ? :)
Neosporin and aquaphor sound like good remedies too, even over the counter
mild cortisone cream might nail it.

If it comes and goes, dont worry about cancer....

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 06:56 AM
i think zah's right with the allergy thing. i had a crazy bizarre episode in the early 90's where every time i ate kfc my tatts would flare up and itch like a mofo... no more kfc; problem solved.

I've heard you can also catch viruses or have an allergic reaction to websites.

The last time I posted at VH Links I ended up with a rash on my NETHER REGION™©®

Va you haven't been talking to Brentt™©® again have you?

clarathecarrot
01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I will never forget the time I wanted a simple heart in red tattooed on me and the asshole super artist tattooist was going to outline the goddamned thing in india ink.. and I asked him to use red and this mother fucking brain train said he couln't do that because the blue holds the COLOR INSIDE THE TATTOO OH FUCKK ME!!!!!

He was pissed off at me for saying, no you punk kunt you want to put the blue on because you only no how to trace inside a paint by numbers kiddie canvas and that blue is the only color that last more than a couple years and you want to butcher my arm.

I walked out and found someone else who wanted my 15$

Tattoos ...crack me the fuck up...tattoo artist crack me up the fuck.

I got mine bitches.

I wonder how many people he retarded on..unbelievable.

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I will never forget the time I wanted a simple heart in red tattooed on me and the asshole .

:gulp:

Awww