PDA

View Full Version : I-tunes for Dummies, uh, I mean DROID.

Sensible Shoes
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Need some computer help again - I've got I-tunes on my computer, and now want to get all that music into my LG Droid. The ATT app store has so much non official looking shit my head is spinning. Can you PUT I-tunes on a droid? and how the hell do I find it?

twonabomber
01-18-2012, 01:13 AM
don't bother with the iTunes. find the folder on the PC with your MP3's in it, and copy and paste it to yer Droid.

my LG Optimus Droid plays WAV files (those are lossless, y'know) and yours does, too. i made a "music" folder on my phone and dragged a bunch of folders into it. when i first got the phone i put a couple songs on it, no special folder, and they came up just fine on the "touch here for music" thing.

Sensible Shoes
01-18-2012, 01:22 AM
If I bring my laptop to Buffalo, can you help? I'm useless.

twonabomber
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
yeah.

or just plug the phone into the lappy now, and try it out. it ain't rocket surgery...if you've dragged a folder onto a thumb drive, you already know how it works.

neuralfraud
01-18-2012, 09:36 AM
On a droid you usually get the "USB" icon on the top notification bar when its plugged in. pull down on that notification bar and you should see more info, including "USB Device Connected. Enable storage mode"

You have to do that to enable you to view/copy files to the phone. Once usb storage mode is enabled you'll see the phone show up as a removable drive in My Computer. Click on that and find the Music folder.

If you don't see a Music folder, create one.

Your itunes music is usually stored in your My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music folder - well at least the stuff you purchase from itunes.. Everything else should be in the my music folder.

You should now be able to find the music you want and then copy it to the music folder on your droid phone. Once finished just unplug it.. media scanner will come up and update the music library on the phone.

Clear as mud?

Sensible Shoes
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM
errrgh. But thank you

Sensible Shoes
01-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Thank you both, I finally got it done, there was a setting inside my phone I had to change before it would see the USB connection. Very aggravating, but done, finally!