PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Pages : [1] 2

VH2001
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Just saw this posted on Yahoo!

This is VERY f*cking cool!!!...Check it out...

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/video-g...118289.html?nc

Or try this one... http://music.yahoo.com/videos/--223429483

VAiN
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
NICE!!!! That just made my Wednesday so much better!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Really wondering how they got that...

Let me make an inquiry....

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Seems to be restricted to the U.S. only.

Thanks Interscope. :(

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Please don't embed that until I get an answer from DDE on that.....

Guitar Shark
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
That was really cool...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
OK, it's legit, the band released it.... Here ya go....

You Really Got Me Intro from Van Halen on Vimeo.

You Really Got Me from Van Halen on Vimeo.

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Kind of embarrassing I think...

Is Dave trying to imitate Bugs Bunny ??

That's really not very good at all...

:elvis:

Roth & Roll
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Dammit - "content is not available outside the US"...

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
"The content you are trying to view is only available in certain areas."

:(

SparkieD
01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
That was pretty fucking cool! Wonder if Dave was talkin' to Cherone with the reacharound comment.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Wonder if Sesh and the others across the pond can see it.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
The only thing we're not playing Ed, is around

:gulp:

classic.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Wonder if Sesh and the others across the pond can see it.

Nope, trying to find a way around that.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Tried a proxy, no luck so far.

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 05:26 PM

A kind of reach around? :)

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm out of "thank you"s, but this is awesome!

mohican
01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Most excellent. Thank you for posting! It has been raining presents in vh land since Christmas. Ed can't stop smiling at Dave.

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:37 PM
OK, it's legit, the band released it.... Here ya go....

Va, do you think you could ask them if they intentionally restricted it to U.S viewers only?

I don't see the logic in it.

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I can't believed they released that...

Zing!
01-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Grinning from ear to ear. Best Hump Day ever! Wonder if the camera lady had instructions to keep away from Wolfie? Is Dave in the right key at the start? He should have whispered the song kind of like how he did toward the end. Still, killer. Loved it! Thank you Van Halen!

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
For those outwith the US if you want to see this go to http://www.hotspotshield.com/ and install the free version of the software.

It will all just work then next time you click on the link.

Mr Walker
01-18-2012, 05:49 PM

Come on Elvis... it's not bad at all.

Man... Al looks like he'd rather be any other place in the world.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I like how Dave says it's the first Van Halen live recording completely ignoring that Van Hagar shit. :D

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I can't believed they released that...

Lighten up Francis. :)

Tiki-Tom
01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
From about the three minute mark on, this clip is the Bomb!!!! I've been hoping they throw in some more of that Eddie /Dave, Guitar/ vocal blues style interplay on the new disc....

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, but c'mon...

That performance pretty much sucks...

The best part is the backup vocals...

The guitar is sloppy and the singing is just plain bad...

I've listened to it nearly 20 times trying to find something good...

Van Halen back in the day would have never released something so bad...

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Man... Al looks like he'd rather be any other place in the world.

Exactly...

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Seeing Edward is cool though, I must admit...

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
That was pretty fucking cool! Wonder if Dave was talkin' to Cherone with the reacharound comment.

A reacharound doesn't need to be gay. :)

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 05:59 PM
For those outwith the US if you want to see this go to http://www.hotspotshield.com/ and install the free version of the software.

It will all just work then next time you click on the link.

Thank you.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 05:59 PM

If you're trying to get into my Siggy you may have finally succeeded....

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 06:01 PM

Have you checked a calendar lately?

I think it was cool, brave, and downright HONEST playing.....and obviously not over rehearsed/produced/editted.

Pull that giant stick out of your ass for once.

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Naw man...

Just because it's Dave and Edward that doesn't mean it's great...

Vinnie Velvet
01-18-2012, 06:05 PM

Shut up.

:mad2:

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks vinnie...

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Have you checked a calendar lately?

I think it was cool, brave, and downright HONEST playing.....and obviously not over rehearsed/produced/editted.

Pull that giant stick out of your ass for once.

Really! If it had been edited and all that, some people would be bitching about how they used software to make them sound and look great, covering up their (alleged) glaring weaknesses. Can't win either way with some people.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Some people just aren't happy period.

VAiN
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I'll tell ya what.. it's not the best ever - but it's live and 1-take... Dave sang the wrong part at the very end - so fucking what? I respect that they rolled a camera and went for it.
I agree, Al doesn't look very happy unless he's pounding some serious drums.. those bongos are for dirty hippies.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Excellent find!

Raw, warts and all.....VH acoustic ....outstanding:beers8:

Elvis, for a guy that just got married you'd think getting laid would lighten you up......unless you only do the sinful deed for procreation;)

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Man...

If Ed and Dave made a shit sandwich, some of you would eat it right up and ask for more...

:biggrin:

SunisinuS
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Nice change of pace. Fun to see some Acoustic and the band doing things together.

:thumb:

As an aside something I really don't want to even think about much but, been kinda worried about the Tardive movements Dave has been showing, Tardive dyskinesia or Parkinsons, kinda feel.

Feel free to blank the above out if it bums the thread or just not appropriate here, but, we all face things as we get older.

In any case,

Roth On!

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Man...

If Ed and Dave made a shit sandwich, some of you would eat it right up and ask for more...

You're the one that just watched it 20 Times

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Man...

Yeah, I guess if I was so anal retentive that everything a band does has to be over polished and produced.

Jesus Christ.....it's a bunch of guys just goofing and having fun......take it for what it's meant to be.

Van Halen not taking themselves too serious and.......wait for it.......HAVING FUN!

When's the last time that can be said about this band?

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll tell ya what.. it's not the best ever - but it's live and 1-take... Dave sang the wrong part at the very end - so fucking what? I respect that they rolled a camera and went for it.
I agree, Al doesn't look very happy unless he's pounding some serious drums.. those bongos are for dirty hippies.

I like the little glimpse into the real them, instead of just polished, glossy, overproduced stuff. They're human, 3 of them are hitting the outer boundaries of middle age, and they're not trying to look and act like they're Wolfie's age. I give them much credit for acting like adults. Adults who totally rock, of course.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I like the little glimpse into the real them, instead of just polished, glossy, overproduced stuff. They're human, 3 of them are hitting the outer boundaries of middle age, and they're not trying to look and act like they're Wolfie's age. I give them much credit for acting like adults. Adults who totally rock, of course.

:beers8:

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I guess if I was so anal retentive that everything a band does has to be over polished and produced.

Jesus Christ.....it's a bunch of guys just goofing and having fun......take it for what it's meant to be.

Van Halen not taking themselves too serious and.......wait for it.......HAVING FUN!

When's the last time that can be said about this band?

I kinda agree with that, but it's a professionally shot piece released by the band and the record company...

clarathecarrot
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
-I like what I felt strange about-,.. is the lack of electric guitars and drums and that big rock sound Van Halen is famous for .

When I say strange, it is new, they cannot have those things when recording a acoustic or unplugged session. So, after I grasped what I was seeing I liked it .

And I guarantee my ear buds aren't giving me what I need as far as reality, can't wait for the CD Pak.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Va, do you think you could ask them if they intentionally restricted it to U.S viewers only?

I don't see the logic in it.

I already did, they didn't have an answer unfortunately...

It'll be on the official sites tomorrow....

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Of course this is what Dave was doing solo 8 or 10 years ago, doing acoustic versions of Van Halen songs in his house.

I wonder if the video for the second single is going to be them driving through a tunnel being chased by the Van Damn triplets and a bunch of dwarfs.

I certainly hope so.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
I kinda agree with that, but it's a professionally shot piece released by the band and the record company...

Which means what, exactly?

It needs to cater to your inner-Beiber fixation?

It was also shot in B&W which must really piss you off.

GreenEyedMurder
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM

It'll be on the official sites tomorrow....

I think that's a Yahoo issue.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:32 PM

Did you ask them to block Louisiana next time? ;)

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM

Yes and no.....it's not a released single just a bonus to the new album.

Like the box sets that just have a band wood shedding a song out to get it tight or composed.......that's released by a record company but it's in the context of........getting a glimpse into the creative process.

This is just some guys sitting around goofing..... professionally shot?

Hell, anyone with a digital video recorder and some freeware editing software could make that exact same video.

ZahZoo
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Nice little raw... more or less unrehearsed performance. Something I've done thousands of times with my buddies.

Enjoyed it... Something we've never seen from Van Halen before with the exception of a minute or so during alive show. Really looking forward to the unreleased acoustic stuff.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM

You think he would prefer if it was colored?

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM

Just the black part;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM

So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

You'd rather them not release any videos or pictures, just release the album?

Luke D
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Looks like they're having some fun together. I really enjoyed that, thanks.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

And then the album would have to sound like Classic Van Halen, but modern, and not like their old demos, although maybe a bit, and it should only have heavy songs on it with no shade and they should all be better than they were before. And anyway it won't be good because it's a different bass player.

Sometimes I start to sympathise with Eddie not wanting to release anything any more because it was a lose-lose situation with some people.

The real problem is not the band it's the audience. It can never be the same because we're old now never mind them.

Mr Walker
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM

Explain

silverfish
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
The only thing we're not playing Ed, is around

Heh, yeah. I love that line.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Exactly, our favorite band giving shit away to their fans......

When have we ever had this much access to this band and from the looks of it, they're happy and showing a side we've never seen before!

Those bastards:pullinghair:

ELVIS
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM

Maybe so...

Maybe the Van Halen mystique would be better kept intact...

But i'm not knocking the unplugged idea, just kinda expected the performance to be better...

It's Van Halen, it should be good...

clarathecarrot
01-18-2012, 06:51 PM

Nice Va.

.I that would be me.. not being a musician, as in; needing to see Ed or Al or the Van Hagar years to keep up with what Ed or whattever what.. was sounding like ... Had no need for it and bieng a Roth preffered customer, haven't heard a note (sept radio that I couldn't reach the nob of) or seen a video of Van Halen in any form since 1984 and i mean the year...agree with you ,Dark Ages is a understatement from my perspective as far as I am concerned this is the first time I have seen or heard wanted or needed Ed since 84 and I like him more than I did back then...

DiverDowninKy
Good stuff on a hump day. Never thought I'd live to see the day Van HALEN would release all this stuff.

Seshmeister
Explain

Have you never done it?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reacharound

Romeo Delight
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Edward was pretty damn good there. Dave looks like it is killing him to be sitting down, lol

Mr Walker
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Sometimes I start to sympathise with Eddie not wanting to release anything any more because it was a lose-lose situation with some people.

I've heard that's 95% of the reason why it took so long to get this new CD.

Fuck, if the internet were around back in the day there'd be a large group of knuckleheads who would have bashed 'Fair Warning' when it was released after 'WACF'....
"waaahh... it's to dark!" "waaahhh... where's the party music"... oh here's the party music on 'Diver Down'... "waaahhh... it's all covers!" "waaahhhh... it's not as good as Fair Warning"

sonrisa salvaje
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Elvis, good to see you back bro'.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
By the way, I know that Dave talks about the Downtown Sessions, but YRGM is not one of the songs on the Deluxe CD...

Just Panama, Beautiful Girls, You and Your Blues (Intro) and You and Your Blues....

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies.

He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think they would have had a problem.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 07:02 PM
It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies. He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think he would have had a problem.

Dave also said that this was a documentary...........

Matt White
01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Nice to see something (anything) from these guys............

Zing!
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Wonder if Dave had a sore throat? That's what I first thought when he said "I'm gonna sing it anyway." Also looked like he had a cough drop in at the start, and maybe coughed a bit at the half way point (although that could be too many smokes, who knows - that would also explain why he looks like he can't catch his breath). Either way - if he had a sore throat, then he might have wanted to change his approach to the song. He's a professional musician, I assume he knows when to dial back the vocals. The opening Bugs Bunny voice is just...weird. Still, appreciate the band putting something out there for the fans...definitely warts and all! In the age of auto-tune, this is a rarity!

JJtheVagPounder
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
How is this anything but awesome. Everyone looks happy, the band is doing different things together (i.e.growing, EVOLVING), I loved it. Al does seem a little "meh" about the situation but he doesn't have his kit in front of him. Whatevs.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
How is this anything but awesome. Everyone looks happy, the band is doing different things together (i.e.growing, EVOLVING), I loved it. Al does seem a little "meh" about the situation but he doesn't have his kit in front of him. Whatevs.

Van Halen acting like a band.....who would of thunk it?

JJtheVagPounder
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM

I know, right! And what's with the negativity? We should be excited about this. I mean, we're getting new VH, they're throwing tidbits our way which is something they couldn't easily do back in the day, and they're exploring a little. Giving us new stuff. I personally am stoked. Why shouldn't I be? Why shouldn't you be? I don't know!

78/84 guy
01-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I've heard that's 95% of the reason why it took so long to get this new CD.

Fuck, if the internet were around back in the day there'd be a large group of knuckleheads who would have bashed 'Fair Warning' when it was released after 'WACF'....
"waaahh... it's to dark!" "waaahhh... where's the party music"... oh here's the party music on 'Diver Down'... "waaahhh... it's all covers!" "waaahhhh... it's not as good as Fair Warning"

Couldn't be more fucking true !!! Nailed it. It's fun, take it for what it is !!! If this was an exact performance recorded in 1982 we would be all over it. Rave reviews !! Were has this been !!?? It's cool. good to see them not wanting too kill each other. Al does look like Doc from future !! I read that somewhere else. Funny. This is not listed on the cd set. Wonder if a real doc is up their sleeve ?

Zing!
01-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Already a headline story on Yahoo! That was fast. Here's what the glowing article had to say - notice the choice quote from Dave regarding the tune:

Never-Before-Seen Van Halen! ‘You Really Got Me’ Acoustic
By Wendy Geller | Video Ga Ga – 6 hours ago

We're barely into January, and already 2012 is a momentous year for fans of classic rockers/Hall of Famers Van Halen. Not only did the band announce a reunion tour, the guys also confirmed they're in the studio working on their first new album with iconic original frontman David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years.

Now, here's a cherry on the sundae for all the VH fans out there: A never-before-seen video of all four members of the band performing an acoustic version of their hit "You Really Got Me."

Van Halen

This tune, of course, is the band's well-loved cover of the Kinks classic, which VH adopted for their 1978 self-titled debut. It's been more than three decades since the original came out--but this is the first time VH has filmed an acoustic version of it.

The video is shot at Henson Recording Studios and includes a personal introduction from Roth, as well.

Roth nutshelled his opinion of the new clip for us: "Culturally our new video is old school meets new school. Kind of like watching Dragnet on your iPad."

Got that? But don't take Dave's word for it...watch for yourselves!

You can see this exclusive piece of music history first, here at Yahoo! Music!

Fairwrning
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Im fucking shocked honestly..When did these guys actually get hit over the head and decide to release some material?? Kudos indeed..but damn, Dave only sounds decent on the last minute..he decides to quit singing through his nose or whatever the hell that was...band again sounds TIGHT!!

FORD
01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Ironic that ELVIS, of all people, would have a problem with a band sitting around and playing their songs on acoustic guitars.

Geezus, have you forgotten what you did in 1968??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjvF7ZJQS4

Zing!
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Ironic that ELVIS, of all people, would have a problem with a band sitting around and playing their songs on acoustic guitars.

Geezus, have you forgotten what you did in 1968??

But imagine The King doing that fat and bloated in 1977. Well, that still probably would have been cool - but I dig Elvis' point - this IS Van Halen we're talking about, a certain level of excellence is expected. However, seeing a raw, off-the-cuff =VH= is worth the price of admission for me. I will admit that they could've have used a second take on YRGM. Glad it won't be on the bonus disk.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I know, right! And what's with the negativity? We should be excited about this. I mean, we're getting new VH, they're throwing tidbits our way which is something they couldn't easily do back in the day, and they're exploring a little. Giving us new stuff. I personally am stoked. Why shouldn't I be? Why shouldn't you be? I don't know!

Yep, in the last few weeks we have been given more from this band then we have ever had......

I'd love to see VH do more acoustic music, I can't wait for The Sessions......hell, that's Dave in his element.

Was this the epic reworking of YRGM that we've all been waiting for?

Fuck no! Looks like they sat down played it and said, "Close enough, next", that's a confident band right there!

gbranton
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't care that it's not perfect, after 26 years of darkness it's a revalation just to see them together at all. It looks like a BAND taking some time out from flexing their creative muscles to do something fun as opposed to some guys e-mailing music files to each other so they can sit down with a laptop and add their parts. And THAT to me is the best part of the whole thing.

Fairwrning
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
I like they didnt dress it up..very raw indeed..Dave needed to warm up a bit tho...

Is Dave getting " Joe Cocker" Disease...seriously..lots of jittering with the hands while singing..Ill fuck off now...

mohican
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Exactly. Ed is smiling at Dave like it's 1981.

neuralfraud
01-18-2012, 08:17 PM
regarding all of elvis's complaining..

Dave sounded very thin but it also sounded like he was trying to be soft so that's most likely why. When he brought up the intensity his voice thickened up. He definitely sounds older but having heard tattoo, I don't expect to be disappointed, so who cares?

kwame k
01-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't care that it's not perfect, after 26 years of darkness it's a revalation just to see them together at all. It looks like a BAND taking some time out from flexing their creative muscles to do something fun as opposed to some guys e-mailing music files to each other so they can sit down with a laptop and add their parts. And THAT to me is the best part of the whole thing.

That's it......

I'm thinking that this was just a, "Hey guys when we're in NY let's hit the studio and just hangout and vibe", kinda of thing and not some military precision, strategic studio "Session".

Northern Girl
01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Wow...never thought in a million years I would ever see that happen. Can't wait to see the rest!

That said, I'm glad that song won't be on the album. Not every song works acoustic, and that one really does not work for me! So many other choices that would have been better for Dave.

Funny watching Dave with ants in his pants. When he did the radio show, he did the whole 4 hours on his feet. The man can't sit still! Ha!

Carloscda
01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe an VH-1 Unplugged Special with Van Halen followed by a behind the music??

Imagine the out-takes that's in the vault!!

chi-town324
01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
who would have thought we would see something like this a month ago? fucking keep it coming boys!!

dazzlindino
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Dave must be doing pushups, bench presses and curls, because with all that flexin' elvis wont shut the fuck up...what a dork....
lets hear and see your version of YRGM on acoustic...well comon big boy bring it......

FORD
01-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Maybe an acoustic VH-1 Special with Van Halen followed by a behind the music??

I could see them doing Storytellers with this acoustic format, but I can't see a Behind the Music at this point. Probably better NOT to do one, if it just dredges up all the shit from the past, and gives Cheddy McDonald another vehicle to talk shit about the band.

fryingdutchman
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
This is amazing!

It's like we've been smacking at a pinata for the last 4 years and it finally burst open...and now all the goodies are falling on our heads.

chi-town324
01-18-2012, 08:47 PM
This is amazing!

It's like we've been smacking at a pinata for the last 4 years and it finally burst open...and now all the goodies are falling on our heads.

all that and more

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Of course this is what Dave was doing solo 8 or 10 years ago, doing acoustic versions of Van Halen songs in his house.

I wonder if the video for the second single is going to be them driving through a tunnel being chased by the Van Damn triplets and a bunch of dwarfs.

I certainly hope so.

And I thought I was the only one who liked the BBQ video :gulp:

I have to say, I was wrong about the whole acoustic thing. I really dig this clip. Reminds me of when he was doing this with James, BYoung, Ray and Toshi during those morning radio interviews a few years back (damn that was a tight band!).

hain23x
01-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Thing about it is, Eddie and Dave could really do some cool acoustic blues stuff if they weren't worried about jumping off drum risers(said as a metaphore of course).

I'd love to hear their version of side 2 of Exile on Main st.

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I dig it!

mohican
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I like how Dave says it's the first Van Halen live recording completely ignoring that Van Hagar shit. :D

Yes, what a stab! Hagar can't stop talking about vh while Dave and the boys consider him and the hagar era nonexistent.

Northern Girl
01-18-2012, 09:35 PM
kinda worried about the Tardive movements Dave has been showing, Tardive dyskinesia or Parkinsons

Nah! It's still "Monkey Hour!" He's got a surgically implanted disco beat.:jumping0041:

mohican
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Nah! It's still "Monkey Hour!" He's got a surgically implanted disco beat.:jumping0041:

:smiley-lol: Thanks for the reminder. I was starting to worry.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Thing about it is, Eddie and Dave could really do some cool acoustic blues stuff if they weren't worried about jumping off drum risers(said as a metaphore of course).

I'd love to hear their version of side 2 of Exile on Main st.

Damn.....that'd be something.

What an album, BTW:beers8:

lesfunk
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll see your Downtown sessions and raise you Strummin with the Devil

clarathecarrot
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
You drummer cats can actually see some of Al's footwork he would usually be using behind the big set, I think that is amazing there it is something , I have never seen before..awesome.

VHJay
01-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Van Halen needs to keep this stuff coming. This is AWESOME!!!!! Fan-Freakin-Tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that it was raw with all the warts on it. That was true rock-n-roll!!!!!!! Dave definitely understands his place in Van Halen, and Van Halen's place in rock history. What a cool thing to see.

qikgts
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice to see something new that was totally off the cuff and done in one take. I dig the whole thing except Dave's thru-da-nose parts... Once he let's it rip, the whole game changes.

I'm so happy that Van Halen is entertaining us!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
01-18-2012, 10:39 PM

professionally shot with stands coverin' al's face. eh. it is meant to evoke the feeling of your favorite band goofin' around in your living room, for fuck's sake.

steve
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Dave's...throat...is...completely...closed...up.
Elvis is right.
He sounds just like I did trying to sing in my car the other day...GETTING OVER MY SINUS INFECTION.

Love VH, love DLR, but they need to re-record this or somethin when Dave's throat heals after whatever FLU or whatever he had.

In the Cafe Wha performance he sounded fine.

steve
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM
http://youtu.be/BL7jFMRcLd8?t=2m49s
I feel like a dick in that last post, but if DLR was capable of this 2 years ago, he can certainly do better.
I applaud the idea, but not the execution.

conmee
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
You think he would prefer if it was colored?

Fucking RACIST™©®!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®

Full Bug
01-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Damm, not getting the video in Canada either....

guwapo_rocker
01-18-2012, 11:29 PM

See post #22

NATEDOG001976
01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Fuckin' AWESOME!!!!

VAiN
01-19-2012, 12:26 AM
It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies.

He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think they would have had a problem.

I seem to recall an interview with Ray where he was pretty much being a jealous cunt about the whole thing... I suppose I understand - when VH plays your song, your version becomes obsolete.

Dave also said that this was a documentary...........

Yeah man, my ears perked up there too.... a documentary, Dave? Yes please. Man.. I can't help but feel like this is going to be a grate year for us.

Can I get a fuck yeah?? :beers8:

nitroDave23
01-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Fuck yeah, any new video is just more icing on the cake.

Glad they don't seem to be hostile/hating each other.(except Al looks like he needs a hug,or a cupcake...lol,ah who am I kidding, a fucking stripper is more like it.)

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 02:48 AM

Go South young man...

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 02:58 AM

Retaliation for Nickleback

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Dave's...throat...is...completely...closed...up.
Elvis is right.
He sounds just like I did trying to sing in my car the other day...GETTING OVER MY SINUS INFECTION.

Love VH, love DLR, but they need to re-record this or somethin when Dave's throat heals after whatever FLU or whatever he had.

In the Cafe Wha performance he sounded fine.

Well geez Bob... errr I mean Steve... Were you sittin there thinkin them kids in the Moron TaberTackle-Box Choir can sing better than ole Diamond Dave... Call in Bones the patient is sick!! Damn it Jim... Sorry but all homogenized rock singers suck... this patient suffers from acute in your face originality... I diagnosed this right before Lieutenant Rand's nekid steamin eyes... It's not treatable... Damn it Jim err... I mean Steve...

DONNIEP
01-19-2012, 03:29 AM
So what? Dave wasn't in pitch-perfect form? When was he EVER in pitch-perfect form??? Pick a boot and I can guaran-damn-tee you that Dave just sang it however he wanted to! This isn't a boot of a 29 year old Dave belting out the classics. So FUCKING what??? Who among us can honestly say that they either look or sound just like they did back in highschool??? As much as I wish I did, hell, I don't!

Somebody give me a DRINK!! :gulp:

Hummarstra
01-19-2012, 03:33 AM

Elvis thanks for saying what I don't have the balls to say. I don't want upset the faithful, but I won't be seeing this tour.:bolt:

binnie
01-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Who complains about bonus material?

Jesus......

Dave's Bitch
01-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Who complains about bonus material?

Jesus......

Exactly.At least you guys can see it.All i got was joan jett and the blackhearts

binnie
01-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Nah, I couldn't see it either.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Elvis thanks for saying what I don't have the balls to say. I don't want upset the faithful, but I won't be seeing this tour.:bolt:

Making the final call, pre Album release Hummarstra ? Thats a big call....

Carmine
01-19-2012, 06:08 AM
This is cool and all...I enjoy it....nice bonus material for the album but, please leave it there and dont bring it on tour. Panama and Beautiful Girls are listed as tracks on the Downtown bonus and I would hate too see both of those songs played acoustically on tour.

I saw Metallica do the 4 horsemen acoustic live and kinda threw up in my mouth during the opening twangs...

I prefer that the only strummin' I see at a Van Halen show is Dave pickin' the intro to Ice Cream Man...

(unless they wanna pull out Take your Whiskey Home)

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I saw Metallica do the 4 horsemen acoustic live and kinda threw up in my mouth during the opening twangs...

mate, we both know metallica aint worthy of doing the laundry for the mighty =vh= :biggrin:

Carmine
01-19-2012, 06:34 AM
True, I'm just saying, I dont want to hear an original, powerful song reduced to twangs just because it's different.

Any band that does it live...I head for the beer stand. I hate it...

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 06:42 AM
cool carmine, i should reserve judgement because i haven't even heard it yet. but from the comments i'm reading it's an intimate off the cuff fun pisstake.
not trying to 'acousticize' a big hit in a stadium. ah, i know i'll love it anyway!!!

fuck yeah =VH= 2012.

Jetstream
01-19-2012, 06:43 AM
people need to take this in mind...this is the Van Halen mood we grew up with in the beginning and by that I mean the attitude. Did anyone notice them grinning in this, did anyone notice Eddie laughing after it? It is a laid back WTF thing...something Van Halen was not scared to do way back in the day. They were the biggest party band because of this intimate WTF approach and not worrying about what the hell people thought. Dave wasted and going "I forgot the words!" was the rock equal of Miles Davis turning his back to the audience in jazz, and it was cool. Van Hagar had no personality, so they prided themselves on a robotic performance to play the junk Hagar wrote to sound just like the LP (why even go to the concert, just stick in the disc and you get the same boring experience). These guys are having fun again, they want us to have fun with them and not play American Idol judges...and Steve Tyler, get the shit out of that lame job, Aerosmith wants their lead singer fully back like Van Halen got their lead singer back. Van Halen has its soul back, and the masses are going to get educated that rock is about fun again.

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 06:47 AM
True, I'm just saying, I dont want to hear an original, powerful song reduced to twangs just because it's different.

Any band that does it live...I head for the beer stand. I hate it...

the irony here is the original song was kinda twangy :)

J-Axe
01-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Arggh.. video no worky in my area.. don't upload it and tell me about it then!

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm REALLY surprised at some of the backlash coming out in this thread.

For years, we all bitched (yes, ALL OF US...including myself) about the lack of anything coming out of "Howdy Doody Mountain." We begged for anything, even the most miniscule shred of news, information, or new material. We kicked, we screamed, we vented our frustrations in these very forums. We vilified the brothers for stonewalling, and even took DLR to task himself a little bit for staying mum and giving the appearance that he was towing the company line. We called for their collective heads because they wouldn't open the vaults.

Now, our patience has been rewarded tenfold. We have been bombarded with news, information, tour dates, album release dates, a new single, a club gig, and an intimate exclusive relationship with DDE. Not only has Van Halen released a new album, they've also included a bonus DVD of acoustic jams. It's all we ever wanted and more, but somehow people find a way to moan, complain, and bitch that it's "not good enough." Everybody needs to remember that these are older guys now with a lot of miles behind them.

Is the acoustic YRGM perfect? No, it's not. But it's an acoustic jam, it's meant to be dirty, raw, and contain a few blemishes. And Dave himself knew it, because during the intro he said something along the lines of "be forgiving." (I don't remember his exact words.)

It's awesome to see them sit down as a band and do something like this for the fans. And even if you're not terribly keen on the performance, you should at least respect the time and effort that they're putting in to make us all happy and rekindle our fires as TRUE FANS of Classic Van Halen.

There's a lot of good takeaway from this, not the least of which is that Wolfgang continues to prove his chops both with the instruments and with his voice. There was nowhere to hide at Cafe Wha?, and there was certainly nowhere to hide during an acoustic performance. Personally, the backing harmonies on this were pretty damn good. A little rough on the first outing, but as the song progressed things got tighter.

Everybody should holster their criticism a little bit and enjoy the wonder of what we're experiencing. Who knows if it will ever pass this way again?

Carmine
01-19-2012, 07:06 AM
the irony here is the original song was kinda twangy :)

hahhahahaaaaa...ok, Ash...you really got me now! I concur...

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 07:11 AM

Funny.....I had the same thought when your ban was lifted.

Dave's Bitch
01-19-2012, 07:12 AM
A big Thank you to fryingdutchman,You put it perfectly

Carmine
01-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm REALLY surprised at some of the backlash coming out in this thread.

Is the acoustic YRGM perfect? No, it's not. But it's an acoustic jam, it's meant to be dirty, raw, and contain a few blemishes. And Dave himself knew it, because during the intro he said something along the lines of "be forgiving." (I don't remember his exact words.)

It's awesome to see them sit down as a band and do something like this for the fans. And even if you're not terribly keen on the performance, you should at least respect the time and effort that they're putting in to make us all happy and rekindle our fires as TRUE FANS of Classic Van Halen.

Don't get me wrong here, Dutch. I agree 100%. It is great to see them just kickin back and enjoying each other as a band! The best thing I've seen over the last month is that they really seem to be getting along so well! I'm just not a fan of bands bustin out the old acoustics during concerts. Not just VH, but any band...thats just me. I'll certainly watch and enjoy the bonus DVD, just like I enjoy this video here...I just dont wanna see "Panama unplugged" out on the road. Thats all I'm sayin...

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Don't get me wrong here, Dutch. I agree 100%. It is great to see them just kickin back and enjoying each other as a band! The best thing I've seen over the last month is that they really seem to be getting along so well! I'm just not a fan of bands bustin out the old acoustics during concerts. Not just VH, but any band...thats just me. I'll certainly watch and enjoy the bonus DVD, just like I enjoy this video here...I just dont wanna see "Panama unplugged" out on the road. Thats all I'm sayin...

I hear ya Carmine. But I don't think that the acoustic DVD means that it's going to be part of the tour. I don't think I'd want an acoustic slowdown during a live VH show (other than Dave's intro to Ice Cream Man). Van Halen live on stage means absolute bombastic sound that leaves you blown away, and acoustic stuff would compromise that.

I don't think you'll see anything like this on the tour. I think this was a one-off fuck around session that they decided to package with the new album as a way to make a few extra $$$.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Not a big fan of Hard Rock/Metal tunes unplugged either, not sure Im gonna like this
once the yahoo video nazis allow us all to watch.
The vibe in here aint that great :(

But hey, some dudes said tattoo sucked in a majorly
premature ejaculatory style.....
This might be great on that basis ?

I can wait for tomorrow
for this.

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 07:43 AM
tat-too tat-too!!!!!!

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 08:04 AM

As has been repeatedly proved with orchestras or unplugged, Metallica music is what it is and doesn't stand up to any change of format or genre because their songs have not got the melodic or musical depth to support it. Same problem that Poison have had.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 08:17 AM
As has been repeatedly proved with orchestras or unplugged, Metallica music is what it is and doesn't stand up to any change of format or genre because their songs have not got the melodic or musical depth to support it. Same problem that Poison have had.

Would agree if talking post Master of Puppets, but songs like Orion were orchestral in their own right.
Metallica S&M is fucking horrible. The orchestral sounding Metallica songs with an orchestra
doubling the pieces, instead of subtly harmonizing or even playing newly composed accompaniments
to fit the song was painful to listen to.

Poison and Metallica ? Do you really have them on the same level ?
So your students could chose between "Master of Puppets" and
"Look what the cat dragged in" whilst under your tenure ?

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM

how can i resist? aint nothin but good times, and it don't get better than this. whooo!!

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Would agree if talking post Master of Puppets, but songs like Orion were orchestral in their own right.
Metallica S&M is fucking horrible. The orchestral sounding Metallica songs with an orchestra
doubling the pieces, instead of subtly harmonizing or even playing newly composed accompaniments
to fit the song was painful to listen to.

Poison and Metallica ? Do you really have them on the same level ?
So your students could chose between "Master of Puppets" and
"Look what the cat dragged in" whilst under your tenure ?

They are both not natural guitarists with poor vibrato but I think CC Deville is probably better technically than Kirk Hammett these days.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7CiYwZbqgcw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7CiYwZbqgcw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CBR8GWL9N8g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CBR8GWL9N8g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hah I've never watched that CC thing before, he's sloppier than the floor at a bukake for the blind world record attempt.. :)

It's amazing to think that both these guys have been professional musicians for over 25 years now.

Matt White
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....."Apocalyptica"?!?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x97f-_y93a0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x97f-_y93a0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/weStzJV8ZTo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/weStzJV8ZTo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

ashstralia
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Hah I've never watched that CC thing before, he's sloppier than the floor at a bukake for the blind world record attempt..

have you considered writing as an alternate career, sesh? :biggrin:

vandeleur
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
They are both not natural guitarists with poor vibrato but I think CC Deville is probably better technically than Kirk Hammett these days.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7CiYwZbqgcw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7CiYwZbqgcw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CBR8GWL9N8g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen"

value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CBR8GWL9N8g?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hah I've never watched that CC thing before, he's sloppier than the floor at a bukake for the blind world record attempt.. :)

It's amazing to think that both these guys have been professional musicians for over 25 years now.

Is james charging for the guitar lesson , wtf is that what kirk is like ...sheeeeet am kinda shocked

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....."Apocalyptica"?!?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x97f-_y93a0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x97f-_y93a0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

We'll need to agree to disagree because although they try hard during the verse I think you are kind of making my point for me with that. :)

DLR Bridge
01-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't think you'll see anything like this on the tour. I think this was a one-off fuck around session that they decided to package with the new album as a way to make a few extra $$$.

Not so sure on that. The VHs, namely Alex, always loved modeling themselves after Led Zeppelin. A mid set slow down has Zep written all over it. Although, Al appears to have curbed his enthusiasm (again) on this clip. While I agree that there is fun being had these days, Al is forever expressionless and hiding behind sunglasses. He's either mentally elsewhere or concentrating on not revealing how much pain his back is causing him, or something else. Mysterious fella. Go figure.

One thing I remember reading way before Ed completely went nuts was that he never wanted to do the MTV Unplugged for two reasons. One, he didn't like the "flavor of the month" vibe to the show, and two, he said his electric songs weren't intended to be played acoustic. I'm glad that they're doing this now, but I somewhat agree with what 20-years-ago-Ed was saying. It'll be interesting to see if You And Your Blues is an acoustic based song to begin with. Perhaps that song was the catalyst for this particular venture. February 7th can't get here soon enough!

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Is james charging for the guitar lesson , wtf is that what kirk is like ...sheeeeet am kinda shocked

Sometimes you can just have a blind spot with something but FFS anyone who has played the guitar for more than a few months should be able to play that immediately.

Also I think it's worth pointing out I've heard better riffs from Ace Diamond.

vandeleur
01-19-2012, 09:26 AM
I down loaded the thing sesh posted so have see it and its cool .
Its extra to the dvd so whats not to like .
And as for the vocals at the start i checked utube and it does have a weird ray davies thing to it but shit its dave and it still rocks and his patter at the start is worth the entrance fee any way.
And when was the last time we seen ed smiling .......
They look like a band ,they sound like a band they act like a band ...they must be a ...........................
been a long time since any one said thay about VH.

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I down load the thing sesh posted so have see in and its cool .

You may want to uninstall that thing after a day or two, I think it could get pretty annoying.

Dave's Bitch
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM

Sounds like CC is trying to play eruption about 1:30 in.THen he kinda goes "oh shit man my hand hurts.I'll just make up my own version and walk around like i owned that shit"

vandeleur
01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
You may want to uninstall that thing after a day or two, I think it could get pretty annoying.

Yeah i just did it , think their posting the song again with out the restrictions some time today

vandeleur
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Sounds like CC is trying to play eruption about 1:30 in.THen he kinda goes "oh shit man my hand hurts.I'll just make up my own version and walk around like i owned that shit"
Thats exactly what he does lol

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I love the fact that they gave the "unplugged" thing a shot - I just dont think YRGM was the ideal song choice. I would have much preferred something like Ain't Talkin Bout Love or Dance the Night Away - they just seem like tunes that would be a better fit as acoustic versions.

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Al is forever expressionless and hiding behind sunglasses. He's either mentally elsewhere or concentrating on not revealing how much pain his back is causing him, or something else. Mysterious fella. Go figure.

Maybe Al was still peeved at Al Roker for dissing him in front of his old lady.

Golden AWe
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
MY EYES!!! A thread about acoustic Van Halen and when I open it, there's videos of CC Deville, someone related to Poison or Ratt or whatever!!! BOO!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Lars can laugh. He plays the same thing every song.

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 10:08 AM

Yeah, but I'm sure not gonna let one crappy acoustic version of a song keep me from going to the show...

Plus, the album is gonna be GRATE!!!

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Everybody should holster their criticism a little bit and enjoy the wonder of what we're experiencing. Who knows if it will ever pass this way again?

Maybe you're right...

I think it's awesome!!!!

Fabulous!

KILLER!!

Fantastic!

EPIC!

Stellar!

Uber EPIC!!!

GRATE even...

Nah...

This is a message board...

binnie
01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Lars can laugh. He plays the same thing every song.

Indeed.

James was probably gutted that they had to change the riff in the final version - it's very cool in that earlier form.

Seshmeister
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM
You're very easily pleased. :)

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Maybe you're right...

I think it's awesome!!!!

Fabulous!

KILLER!!

Fantastic!

EPIC!

Stellar!

Uber EPIC!!!

GRATE even

Nah...

This is a message board...

Yes...it is a message board. Too bad your pseudo-apology thread over in Fan Intro. was closed.

I'm sure there were many more messages heading your way.

Casey Anthony would probably get a better fucking welcome here than you did.

As for the topic at hand, nobody is asking you to go over the top and fall in love with everything Ed and Dave do. But the point is that they're working together, and pretty hard by the looks of things, to give the fans what they want. If you're not on board with that ELVIS then maybe you need to ask yourself why you came back.

Other than the reason that you're a rampant attention-whore of course....

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
What are "baselines?" You mean like the kind in baseball?

I hope everyone gets a chance to read your little pearls of wisdom before this post lands with the rest...in your DUMP thread.

Asshat.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't have a problem with people giving constructive criticism with any of the things given to us by the band since the 26th announcement...

But I will always look at those from the big picture....

We've been here since 1999, most of the oldtimers here on a DAILY basis, while the band gave us absolutely fucking NOTHING....

And that includes the entire timeframe of the 2007-2008 tour.... Basically the band went on tour, kept their mouth shut, and that was pretty much it....

But now, with the new album in the can, the band went out of their way, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to reach out to their longtime fanbases here, at VHND and at VHLinks....

That, to me, is so fucking cool of them.... I'd like to buy a beer to whoever made that recommendation, I'll tell you that.....

And now, 2 1/2 weeks before the new album is released, we've been getting exclusive videos and pics directly from the band.... The new single/video has been released, and the YRGM acoustic video was just released....

Is "Tattoo" the next "Unchained"? Of course not.... Is the YRGM video performance the next "Hot For Teacher" video? No, but it's obvious, to me anyway, that it was never the band's intention to make it like that.....

So what I'm saying is: Look at the big picture, wait for ADKOT to be released, and enjoy all of this for what it's worth....

fryingdutchman
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't have a problem with people giving constructive criticism with any of the things given to us by the band since the 26th announcement...

We've been here since 1999, most of the oldtimers here on a DAILY basis, while the band gave us absolutely fucking NOTHING....

And that includes the entire timeframe of the 2007-2008 tour.... Basically the band went on tour, kept their mouth shut, and that was pretty much it....

But now, with the new album in the can, the band went out of their way, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to reach out to their longtime fanbases here, at VHND and at VHLinks....

That, to me, is so fucking cool of them.... I'd like to buy a beer to whoever made that recommendation, I'll tell you that.....

And now, 2 1/2 weeks before the new album is released, we've been getting exclusive videos and pics directly from the band.... The new single/video has been released, and the YRGM acoustic video was just released....

Is "Tattoo" the next "Unchained"? Of course not.... Is the YRGM video performance the next "Hot For Teacher" video? No, but it's obvious, to me anyway, that it was never the band's intention to make it like that.....

So what I'm saying is: Look at the big picture, wait for ADKOT to be released, and enjoy all of this for what it's worth....

My feelings exactly. Pretty much sums up where I was going back in post #133.

You don't have to love everything Ed and Dave do. But after a drought that lasted as long as it did, you also shouldn't come out ready to shit on them for something that is less than "stellar."

Well said, VA.

sinner's swing
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM

The fact that the YRGM video is a free bonus that's not included for any kind of sale speaks VOLUMES to me about the new direction. It's what everyone has always wanted but to some it still isn't good enough. I just look at the bigger picture.

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Everyone has been screaming for years "open the vault!, open the vault!!"

Well the door is slowly opening, relax and enjoy what we find inside.

It won't all be perfect.

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I just hope all the negativity that can be found here and abroad doesn't crack ole Ed's fragile psyche and drive him back to the bottle, or he may just burn the vaults down out of spite.

sinner's swing
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I just hope all the negativity that can be found here and abroad doesn't crack ole Ed's fragile psyche and drive him back to the bottle, or he may just burn the vaults down out of spite.

I've been holding my breath for weeks :)

Jagermeister
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
That was kick ass. Nothing wrong with that at all. Never done, never seen, never heard before. Better than any bootleg we could have hoped for.

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Everybody seems to be taking shots at Dave's voice, but was it really that much better back in the day? I mean listen to tracks like 'Bump And Grind' and 'Big Trouble' and he was singing in that strained range back then... i truly think the major difference between Dave's voice then and now is how Templeman captured it.

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I think there's enough positive reaction to offset the smaller volume of negative responses.

I could be wrong... but I don't think the Van Halen brothers had some glorious awakening nor did they hand the reins over to Dave to manage PR as some have speculated. Neither faction has opened up to the fans nor the interweb the way things have the last 3-4 weeks.

I strongly believe this is all the result of the Interscope signing and whoever is managing the Van Halen account over clearly has a solid grasp of the power of the internet and leveraging the fan base.

Jagermeister
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I guess I am getting old but I don't listen to things over and over again anymore. Once I have heard it, I've heard it. Same with Tattoo. I like this version of YRGM better than tattoo. It's fuckin kickass. I want more of that shit and I want it right fuckin now!

fourthcoming
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
"Excellent guys, that was sexy".......friggin hysterical. Good to see the boys actually look like they don't want to kill each other anymore.

kwame k
01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
I think there's enough positive reaction to offset the smaller volume of negative responses.

I could be wrong... but I don't think the Van Halen brothers had some glorious awakening nor did they hand the reins over to Dave to manage PR as some have speculated. Neither faction has opened up to the fans nor the interweb the way things have the last 3-4 weeks.

I strongly believe this is all the result of the Interscope signing and whoever is managing the Van Halen account over clearly has a solid grasp of the power of the internet and leveraging the fan base.

Outstanding post:beers8:

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM

I'd love to see the Table of Organization given Dave's management, the Van Halen's management and Interscope.

Mr Walker
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Outstanding post:beers8:

Please don't encourage ZahZoo to post more... you'll be sorry.

kwame k
01-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Ha!!!!!!!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
This is working here in Frogland: http://youtu.be/vakAhzE7vS0 ...

... so it must be anywhere else! :D

Just saw it for the first time, and laughed a lot, it's just shear fun IMO...

A ballsy move from VH, because they're exposed in there, but it fits if you bear in mind
how and why it as made!

:bottle:

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Sweet, Tap Dancing Jesus, I've about had enough of this shit.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been provided evidence FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE that David Lee Roth has returned to and is engaged in revitalizing the entity known as Van Halen. This after roughly 30 years of baloney that amounted to no more than speculation or disappointment, and what happens? Every self-entitled nitwit with computer access (via work, a library card or their mom's house) comes along and throws his/her informed opinion around, offering personal critiques as to how/why it isn't any good.

This is the very reason that around the time this album drops, I'm going to Walmart to buy a copy that has a t shirt and a second that includes the DVD, stopping by a liquor store to get a liter or two of vodka, and most importantly, shutting off my computer so I can make up my own mind about the album without having some twit offer an instant review after a 30 second listen or whine about how difficult it was to get the shrink wrap off the damned CD. Or better yet, having listened to a handful of tracks (once again for the total cost of nothing) from the internet.

Yeah, I'm usually the go-to guy when it comes to pointing out the remarkable indifference the VH clan has shown toward it's fan base, but hell, people. No one is asking you to drink the imagined Kool Aid here. Instead of coming up with a bunch of self-centered whining about what isn't taking place, how's about embracing what in fact is?

sinner's swing
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Sweet, Tap Dancing Jesus, I've about had enough of this shit.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been provided evidence FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE that David Lee Roth has returned to and is engaged in revitalizing the entity known as Van Halen. This after roughly 30 years of baloney that amounted to no more than speculation or disappointment, and what happens? Every self-entitled nitwit with computer access (via work, a library card or their mom's house) comes along and throws his/her informed opinion around, offering personal critiques as to how/why it isn't any good.

This is the very reason that around the time this album drops, I'm going to Walmart to buy a copy that has a t shirt and a second that includes the DVD, stopping by a liquor store to get a liter or two of vodka, and most importantly, shutting off my computer so I can make up my own mind about the album without having some twit offer an instant review after a 30 second listen or whine about how difficult it was to get the shrink wrap off the damned CD. Or better yet, having listened to a handful of tracks (once again for the total cost of nothing) from the internet.

Yeah, I'm usually the go-to guy when it comes to pointing out the remarkable indifference the VH clan has shown toward it's fan base, but hell, people. No one is asking you to drink the imagined Kool Aid here. Instead of coming up with a bunch of self-centered whining about what isn't taking place, how's about embracing what in fact is?

Bravo!!! :hail:
But you'll get the lot who will reiterate their "right" to not like it. In perspective, Van Halen is giving us stuff!!!! GIVING. Who thought that would ever happen? Keep it coming guys, we're starved!

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Naw man...

Just because it's Dave and Edward that doesn't mean it's great...

And it doesn't have to be "great" to be fun and cool...I'm not expecting, nor do I need, the heavens to open up and glorious Angelic trumpets every time I hear Van Halen fucking around to enjoy it...

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
It can't hurt that Ed is probably in a much healthier state of mind.

He sure looks a lot better than I have seen him in years. Alcohol can cripple you emotionally.

Keep on healing Ed.

wiseguy
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
WTF?! I haven't even seen it yet and it sounds fucking awesome. Criticizing anything to do with Roth on a Roth fan site is completely ridiculous. Anyone who starts rippin' apart something that most of us have longed for for the better part of 3 decades can go fuck a hat!

Full Bug
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
This is working here in Frogland: http://youtu.be/vakAhzE7vS0 ...

... so it must be anywhere else! :D

Just saw it for the first time, and laughed a lot, it's just shear fun IMO...

A ballsy move from VH, because they're exposed in there, but it fits if you bear in mind
how and why it as made!

:bottle:
Thanx! First link I have used that worked!

ZahZoo
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
And it doesn't have to be "great" to be fun and cool...I'm not expecting, nor do I need, the heavens to open up and glorious Angelic trumpets every time I hear Van Halen fucking around to enjoy it...

Good point...

Although I generally expect that heavens and trumpet stuff every time I enter a room... It's good to be king...

DLR'sCock
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM

I watched this once yesterday and it's not really that good at all. That tone Dave has for the verses just sounds quite odd and tight.

binnie
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Ain't that the damn truth.

Some people are delusional. I am happy that one of my favourite bands is back together making music - I do not expect - much less DEMAND - that music to be on par with their glory days. As long as it's good, I'm good.

binnie
01-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I heard a rumour that Wolfie does a solo cover of 'I am the Walrus' as a bonus track on the bonus disc.....

DLR'sCock
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM

I agree with you ten thousand percent......but I just didn't think it sounded that great.....the intro Dave did was awesome.....and the backing vox were really good, and Dave had some good moments at the end......but his tone for the first few minutes is kinda off......anyway no big deal.....I have my tix for the Garden, and I Like Tattoo....and we're all getting a whole new album in less than three weeks!!!

silverfish
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Everyone has been screaming for years "open the vault!, open the vault!!"

Well the door is slowly opening, relax and enjoy what we find inside.

To all you naysayers out there, this falls under
the heading of "Be careful of what you wish for."

VAiN
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Criticizing anything to do with Roth on a Roth fan site is completely ridiculous. Anyone who starts rippin' apart something that most of us have longed for for the better part of 3 decades can go fuck a hat!

Speak, Brotha!!!

Cruiser
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Well put Va, I'm a newbie on here for the most part but a Halen fan for 30+ years....always been a favorite of mine.....and likely one of the worst bands in getting stuff out to their fans IMO. It cracks me up reading different posts, constructive ones certainly ok, that bash the very thing we are all looking for: ANY Van Halen stuff we can get our eyes, ears and hands on. ANyway, sorry for the rant, love the stuff we are getting to see and here and appreciate the Roth Army for all they do. Good to have Halen front row and center again. Life is indeed good. Hope to see some of you at the upcoming concerts.

rothschild
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
The video is very cool, and the "imperfection" of it makes it "Perfection"!

VAiN
01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
For the record - Wolf wasn't playing on that and the vocals were piped in. There. Now we can all move on.

PanamaHat
01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Here's a link where non-U.S. people should be able to download it (it worked for me!). Just skip the advertisement after 5 seconds and there it is.
http://adf.ly/246619/http://www.mediafire.com/?3lo4g79rgiojrmr

I quite liked at as it is great to see the boys having fun together. Eddie also plays some pretty cool licks here and there. Not that I am crazy about acoustic VH but great to have this kind of bonus material while eagerly waiting of the album and tour.

wiseguy
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Here's a link where non-U.S. people should be able to download it (it worked for me!). Just skip the advertisement after 5 seconds and there it is.
http://adf.ly/246619/http://www.mediafire.com/?3lo4g79rgiojrmr

I quite liked at as it is great to see the boys having fun together. Eddie also plays some pretty cool licks here and there. Not that I am crazy about acoustic VH but great to have this kind of bonus material while eagerly waiting of the album and tour.

That was awesome, thanks again. What was all the fuss about?? That was so raw. Loved it. Very good.

chi-town324
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
you have Dave & Ed" sitting in you living room" setting jamming ...how fucking awesome is that? the only thing better is if Ed would break out Spanish Fly at the end!!

Dave's Bitch
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Just watched the vid.It was fun,I liked it.Could not help laughing at al on the bongo's

franksters
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
That was kick ass. Nothing wrong with that at all. Never done, never seen, never heard before. Better than any bootleg we could have hoped for.

well said, about all these things, rumors, clips, music,pics, debates, ect....: I find myself enjoying this so much, and I would even say that this is the most fun ''musically'' I've had in a long fuckin time I'll tell you.
keep it coming

franksters
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I also enjoyed the way it was shot like 2 views at the same time.. really kool!

VAiN
01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
This makes me very excited for 'Your Blues' - I have to assume it's a tune that translates well to acoustic. Seems like it has an intro which makes me think instrumental. Can't wait for this!!

Oh, and I do not think VH will bust out with an acoustic set in the middle of their show.. no way, nuh uh.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2012, 07:00 PM
The versions of the video from the official sites are now on the Homepage and in this thread....

So you damn foreigners can see it, too.... ;)

Angel
01-19-2012, 07:03 PM
The versions of the video from the official sites are now on the Homepage and in this thread....

So you damn foreigners can see it, too.... ;)Sure... now that we've downloaded software full of ads ;). However, I now can also get all those American shows that I'm usually blocked from. Thanks, Sesh! :beers8:

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
some of you guys are really full of shit and should take some happy pills or what have you...we were desperate to get something from the band...waiting for years...speculating about Dave being a hired gun, adding his vocals in some studio in NY while the van Hales record their stuff in 5150...now they appear as a band, playing around, laughing at each other, having fun and are the only people taking that shit not so serious...

and then there is you...bitching and moaning about Dave singing through his nose...it's a fun shot...enjoy it and go with the vibe...maybe that gets the cramps out of your sour asses...jesus...

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM

fuck you very much... :biggrin:

So this is love
01-19-2012, 07:14 PM

Finally!!! Fark you very much too Friend...Damn good I want this version of YRGM to be played at my funerals...

So this is love
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
This makes me very excited for 'Your Blues' - I have to assume it's a tune that translates well to acoustic. Seems like it has an intro which makes me think instrumental. Can't wait for this!!

Oh, and I do not think VH will bust out with an acoustic set in the middle of their show.. no way, nuh uh.

I wouldn`t bet my house on it,,,I think acoustic is in the air for this tour...at least more tunes than ever before...I wish I`m wrong.

VAiN
01-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I wouldn`t bet my house on it,,,I think acoustic is in the air for this tour...at least more tunes than ever before...I wish I`m wrong.

I'll give it a 99% chance of not happening.. BUUUUUT, if it does, they bes dust-off 'Could This be Magic?'. That would be uh-mazing!

Panamark
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Yay 4 Vimeo ! Finally saw it. Im glad I read all the negative reviews as I was preparing
to be totally disappointed. Well fuck those reviews, it wasnt that bad at all ??
It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. There was not a single thing about
that clip that would turn me off the upcoming tour and album.

But please guys, lets keep the tubes always warm !!!

This is just a bit of fun and messin around. Made me smile
they have that look of real band again, you know when you are just
jammin away and sort of look at your band mates to try and
figure out where its all leading. Thats the shit that happens when
you are all getting along. This clip was a good thing.

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Yay 4 Vimeo ! Finally saw it. Im glad I read all the negative reviews as I was preparing
to be totally disappointed. Well fuck those reviews, it wasnt that bad at all ??
It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. There was not a single thing about
that clip that would turn me off the upcoming tour and album.

But please guys, lets keep the tubes always warm !!!

This is just a bit of fun and messin around. Made me smile
they have that look of real band again, you know when you are just
jammin away and sort of look at your band mates to try and
figure out where its all leading. Thats the shit that happens when
you are all getting along. This clip was a good thing.

amen...

Dave's PA Rental
01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Finally was able to watch the whole thing just now. I watched about a minute yesterday...and shut if off because I thought it was horrible.

I totally respect Elvis for voicing his negative opinion about this. He's right: these guys could take a four-way shit and alot of you would love it simply because it's NEW VANHALEN!!!111

Now, I just watched the whole thing through and I don't hate it as much as I hated the minute that I watched yesterday. It's a cool little ditty. I can't see myself going back and watching it again. So there's that.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Finally was able to watch the whole thing just now. I watched about a minute yesterday...and shut if off because I thought it was horrible.

I totally respect Elvis for voicing his negative opinion about this. He's right: these guys could take a four-way shit and alot of you would love it simply because it's NEW VANHALEN!!!111

Now, I just watched the whole thing through and I don't hate it as much as I hated the minute that I watched yesterday. It's a cool little ditty. I can't see myself going back and watching it again. So there's that.

I dont consider myself in that category of fans. I couldnt stand watching a lot of the 2007/2008 youtubes.
I dont like the Tattoo video as out of sync mouthing to the words doesnt do it for me.

So if those are examples of Van Halen having a dump and me munching it down.
You are wrong mate :)

What I have unashamedly loved so far.

- Shes the woman
- Tattoo (the audio)
- Having 100% confirmation these guys have finally gelled again and are a real band once more.

Cant wait for the new album !

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM

do I like the song the way they play it? not much... do I want it this way on an album? not at all... do I want them to play an acoustic set on the new tour? no thanks....

but do I like to see that band having some fun with a song they are playing for almost 40 years...yes sir...

maybe Elvis could call them ni**ers and get banned for a while, I'd totally respect him to do so either ;)

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Casey Anthony would probably get a better fucking welcome here than you did.

You think so, you fucking douchebag ??

How 'bout you go find some cock to suck...

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
You think so, you fucking douchebag ??

How 'bout you go find some cock to suck...

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
maybe Elvis could call them ni**ers and get banned for a while, I'd totally respect him to do so either ;)

Those asterisks can get you in a lot of heat...:biggrin:

What's odd to me though is how some folks panties get all tied up into a way huge knot just because some of us don't eat shit sandwiches...

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Those asterisks can get you in a lot of heat...:biggrin:

What's odd to me though is how some folks panties get all tied up into a way huge knot just because some of us don't eat shit sandwiches...

aren't you from Louisiana? you eat worse things than a shitsandwich down there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEEJ8cO99Y

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 08:40 PM

No, some of you in fact make them, and then try to pass them off as humor, or clever.

But like your sandwiches, you're just full of shit too.

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
aren't you from Louisiana? you eat worse things than a shitsandwich down there...

No way dude...

Mais, come down da bayou and i'll cook for ya, sha...

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM

You mean SARGE for instance? After all, it is his simple little rule, on his site.

I have to admit though, whenever the Food tv or Travel Channel do a show featuring New Orleans, it's must see tv for me. Mouth watering stuff.

smorgdonkey
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I'd like to see them do 'Women And Children First' in that sort of acoustic style stage. If I recall there was a pretty bad ass little acoustic & slide solo in it.

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
No way dude...

Mais, come down da bayou and i'll cook for ya, sha...

I do the german translation for the "swampers"...and man, I'm not sure about you people in Louisiana, I say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_muRNb78M&feature=related

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
You mean SARGE for instance?

No, I mean you and who ever else got pissed because I posted my honest assessment of that sub-par version of YRGM...

Panamark
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I wonder if Ed's shit eatin grin fits in with all of this ? :biggrin:

Panamark
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
For the record I like mine with Horse shit, chilli sauce and lettuce...

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
No, I mean you and who ever else got pissed because I posted my honest assessment of that sub-par version of YRGM...

musically it is sub-par...but to see the band doing it is superb...

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
For the record I like mine with Horse shit, chilli sauce and lettuce...

Try it with coleslaw instead of the lettuce, Mark. And huge tomato slices on the bottom.

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM

Trust me...no one got "pissed"

You give yourself too much credit.

Panamark
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Try it with coleslaw instead of the lettuce, Mark. And huge tomato slices on the bottom.

LOL ! I shit you not (pun intended) its lunchtime here in Oz, I have a horse standing about 10 metres from me
and all the ingredients you suggested in the fridge ! Bon Apetit ! :biggrin:

DLR Bridge
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
After further consideration, I've decided this: The band is 3/4 pushing 60, 1/4 can't drive 60. Expect a relaxing mid-show acoustic break down. I'll take it! It's something different and new. In no way could that be a bad thing.

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I have a horse standing about 10 metres from me

how dare you talking that way about your wife...

Northern Girl
01-19-2012, 09:04 PM
when you are all getting along

I'd love to believe that, but I just can't for some reason...I think there are still a lot of egg shells on the floor. Great to see Ed laughing and smiling, but I just can't believe they're best buds or anything.

Al looks like a pill...like he's being forced to go along with something he's not into. Maybe he is.

I hope they prove me wrong. I hope we hear/read a lot of interviews about how great they are getting along, etc., but until then I just cringe every time Dave is "being Dave" and I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan. I hate that I'm conditioned to feel that, but that's the way it is...

chefcraig
LOL ! I shit you not (pun intended) its lunchtime here in Oz, I have a horse standing about 10 metres from me
and all the ingredients you suggested in the fridge ! Bon Apetit ! :biggrin:

Here's a handy tip: Use an ice cream scoop for doling out the portions! :yo:

Panamark
how dare you talking that way about your wife...

Nice ! She is coming after you mate ! (Read your post)
Said Horse belongs to her, she has just fallen pregnant again
and her hormones are not happy ! :biggrin:

Hit the bunkers !!!

Panamark
01-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Here's a handy tip: Use an ice cream scoop for doling out the portions! :yo:

Good thinking ! Saves me following him around with a slice of bread in my hand !

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Good thinking ! Saves me following him around with a slice of bread in my hand !

Fucking brilliantly played. :appl::lol::lmao:

Panamark
01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Seriously Im off for a little while to make a sandwich ! heheheh.

Roth & Roll
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I'd love to believe that, but I just can't for some reason...I think there are still a lot of egg shells on the floor. Great to see Ed laughing and smiling, but I just can't believe they're best buds or anything.

Al looks like a pill...like he's being forced to go along with something he's not into. Maybe he is.

I hope they prove me wrong. I hope we hear/read a lot of interviews about how great they are getting along, etc., but until then I just cringe every time Dave is "being Dave" and I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan. I hate that I'm conditioned to feel that, but that's the way it is...

I tend to agree - especially about Al. I haven't seen the fucker smile once in all the videos/pictures that have been released since December.

That being said, who really gives a fuck if they're friends or not? As long as they're putting out music, and giving the fans their money's worth - that's all that matters to me in the end.

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Seriously Im off for a little while to make a sandwich ! heheheh.

Wash your hands before and after you make it, and when you are done eating as well.

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 09:19 PM
It's the tension between Ed and Dave that made Van Halen GRATE, not hanging out, laughing and playing patty-cake...

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 09:21 PM
It's the tension between Ed and Dave that made Van Halen GRATE, not hanging out, laughing and playing patty-cake...

And some of us grow up........

Try it sometime.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Or in all his years of drunken debauchery, he hid the vault is some mason jars and buried them out yonder somewhere near the old marsh, then fucking forgot where he put that there dang vault!

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Grown up LoungeMolester is my new hero...

http://www.indecisionforever.com/files/2012/01/Rick-Santorum-Sweater-400.jpg

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Figures, you and Santorum both rock the sweater vest.

ELVIS
01-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Dude that's you all grown up and stuff...

SunisinuS
01-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I tend to agree - especially about Al. I haven't seen the fucker smile once in all the videos/pictures that have been released since December.

That being said, who really gives a fuck if they're friends or not? As long as they're putting out music, and giving the fans their money's worth - that's all that matters to me in the end.

Big Grins at the Cafe Wha? in any case.

SunisinuS
01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Figures, you and Santorum both rock the sweater vest.

Just next time as a moderator...if the Army is going to reinstate a banned member....why do I have to go to the trouble of reignoring them? Too Many buttons for that low-life to fatigue me with.

That is all.

Been gone a second time for me Elbow.

Schoooowwwdddeerrr!!!

The Elbow just says the same thing over and over again.

:painkiller: