PDA

View Full Version : Marky Mark is a Pricky Prick

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/september-11-attacks/9023702/Mark-Wahlberg-apologises-for-offensive-September-11-claim.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mark Wahlberg apologises for 'offensive' September 11 claim

Mark Wahlberg has apologised after claiming he would have carried out a Hollywood-style rescue aboard one of the hijacked September 11 aircraft.

By Raf Sanchez, Washington 7:15PM GMT 18 Jan 2012

The star of The Departed was scheduled to take United Airlines flight 93, which crashed in a Pennsylvania field as passengers fought to overpower four al-Qaeda hijackers who intended to use the plane to attack Washington DC.

In a magazine interview, the 34-year-old said: “If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, ‘OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.’”

The comment drew immediate criticism from Deena Burnett-Bailey, whose husband Tom was among a group of passengers who charged the cockpit in an attempt to retake the plane.

"The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful. Sounds like someone is grandstanding," she told the website TMZ.

On Wednesday afternoon, Wahlberg issued an apology, saying "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

United 93 has a special place in America's collective memory of the attacks. As the World Trade Centre collapsed and the country reeled, the fight aboard the doomed flight became a symbol of US resistance.

One passenger, Todd Beamer, was able to call groundstaff and tell them of the hijacking, as well as the plan to try and retake the cockpit.

His last known words - "Let's roll" - earned a permanent place in the America vernacular and were quoted by George W Bush in his first State of the Union address after the attacks.

Wahlberg and several friends were due to take United 93 from his native Boston to Los Angeles but at the last moment decided to hire a charter flight to a film festival in Toronto.

He has spoken about his near-miss before, saying: “We certainly would have tried to do something to fight. I’ve had probably over 50 dreams about it.”

ashstralia
01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
yes... we all know only chuck norris could've done that.

Northern Girl
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I have similar grandios fantasies, but I have the good sense to keep them to myself!

Nickdfresh
01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
What a total Douchey Douche™ !

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Joe Thunder would have been able to do it.

kwame k
01-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Bullshit!

The plane would of never left the ground;)

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Bullshit!

The plane would of never left the ground;)

holy shit! I'm dying! :lmao:

kwame k
01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
:beers8:

lesfunk
01-18-2012, 09:03 PM
That's some comedy gold right there. But Flight 93 wan't foiled by "heroes" it was foiled by a missile from the USAF

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 09:04 PM
It would have been funnier if he had said that in his fake blaccent he used to use...

kwame k
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
That's some comedy gold right there. But Flight 93 wan't foiled by "heroes" it was foiled by a missile from the USAF

Dickhead Cheney thought so:(

Panamark
01-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Im voting against him in the next Marky Mark monthly meeting !!:mad:

kwame k
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Im voting against him in the next Marky Mark monthly meeting !!:mad:

Wow! Strong words there Mark......

You sure you don't want time to think about it first;)

FORD
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Well at least Joe's crew looks a slight bit more capable than New Kids on the Fucking Block.......

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z121/jennywhitfield/New%20Kids%20On%20The%20Block/newkidsontheblock_2008_5.jpg

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/d3795f9e36e0462a945b1c00a4d872ec/l.jpg

VanHalener
01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/september-11-attacks/9023702/Mark-Wahlberg-apologises-for-offensive-September-11-claim.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mark Wahlberg apologises for 'offensive' September 11 claim

Mark Wahlberg has apologised after claiming he would have carried out a Hollywood-style rescue aboard one of the hijacked September 11 aircraft.

By Raf Sanchez, Washington 7:15PM GMT 18 Jan 2012

... I’ve had probably over 50 dreams about it.”

I am sure he would sleep better if he would cut down on drinking before bed.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e272/ehunt46/Douche.jpg

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 09:16 PM
yes... we all know only chuck norris could've done that.

Less sure that a 5'7" boy band actor would be the most intimidating thing for the hijackers.

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 09:17 PM

You can run a truck through the 'evidence' of that.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
The lead singer of Steel Dragon?

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM

Here we go again.......

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 09:24 PM
No, lets not. :)

Unchainme
01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
The lead singer of Steel Dragon?

son of a bitch.

was going to ask.

Does anyone here have the Ralph Saenz cover of "California Girls" done in that movie? I can only find the clip in the movie itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcqJJOgqY&feature=related

btw, the ending is fucking stupid. No wonder Tim Ripper Owens wanted to sue (he didn't go soft and go do some lame acoustic shit, he's been in and out of a few metal groups, and in fact owns a bar in Akron)

FORD
01-18-2012, 09:37 PM
I wonder if Marky Mark had died in that plane crash, if the CIA would have paid some dumb cunt to go on TV and cry for him and then publish a book a month later like the fictional "Todd Beamer's" fake wife did?

DONNIEP
01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
son of a bitch.

was going to ask.

Does anyone here have the Ralph Saenz cover of "California Girls" done in that movie? I can only find the clip in the movie itself.

btw, the ending is fucking stupid. No wonder Tim Ripper Owens wanted to sue (he didn't go soft and go do some lame acoustic shit, he's been in and out of a few metal groups, and in fact owns a bar in Akron)

The ending sucks balls. Now, if I had been in that movie, it wouldn't have went down like it did :)

Seshmeister
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
son of a bitch.

was going to ask.

I never noticed before that Ralph sang California Girls, I wonder why since the other songs are done by the original artists.

It's not on the soundtrack album.

Rock Star [SOUNDTRACK]

1. Rock Star - Everclear
2. Livin' The Life - Steel Dragon
3. Wild Side - Motley Crue
4. We all Die Young - Steel Dragon
5. Blood Pollution - Steel Dragon
6. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
7. Stand Up - Steel Dragon
8. Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
9. Wasted Generation - Steel Dragon
10. Lick It Up - KISS
11. Long Live Rock & Roll - Steel Dragon
12. Devil Inside - INXS
13. Colorful - Verve Pipe
14. Gotta Have It - Trevor Rabin

LoungeMachine
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Trevor Rabin's original score was pretty cool

FORD
01-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I never noticed before that Ralph sang California Girls, I wonder why since the other songs are done by the original artists.

It's not on the soundtrack album.

Rock Star [SOUNDTRACK]

1. Rock Star - Everclear
2. Livin' The Life - Steel Dragon
3. Wild Side - Motley Crue
4. We all Die Young - Steel Dragon
5. Blood Pollution - Steel Dragon
6. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
7. Stand Up - Steel Dragon
8. Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
9. Wasted Generation - Steel Dragon
10. Lick It Up - KISS
11. Long Live Rock & Roll - Steel Dragon
12. Devil Inside - INXS
13. Colorful - Verve Pipe
14. Gotta Have It - Trevor Rabin

I would guess that at the time the movie came out was right around the time that Van Halen's second reunion attempt ran aground, due to Eddie's lawyers, or Eddie's cancer, or Val's PMS, or whatever it was, and WB records was so pissed off at the whole thing that they wouldn't license Dave's version of the song. So somebody at the movie company said.... hey there's this band called the Atomic Punks, and their singer sounds just like Roth. Why don't we get him to do it?

KoolKamper
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/d3795f9e36e0462a945b1c00a4d872ec/l.jpg

Is that the Black-eyed Peas?

Nickdfresh
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
That's a very nice mustache. I wonder what her name is?

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Kristy?

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Well at least Joe's crew looks a slight bit more capable than New Kids on the Fucking Block.......

NKOTB featured Donnie Wahlberg, not Marky. Oh for fuck's sake, why do I even know that? :doh:

LoungeMachine
01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
NKOTB featured Donnie Wahlberg, not Marky.

And another piece of the puzzle falls into place...... :)

chefcraig
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
This clip is from the altogether brief heyday between SNL and the canceling of his first HBO show, when Dennis Miller's caustic wit was actually enjoyable. I particularly liked the line about a "motorcycle guy in a moped band."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GiclJa4j0