Iron Maiden Final Frontier Tour Documentary And Live Performance DVD Details...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Iron Maiden Final Frontier Tour Documentary And Live Performance DVD Details...

Release date is the end of March. Van Halen could learn a few things from Iron Maiden about how to treat their fans. And about MERCHANDISING.

Heavy Metal legends and one of the greatest live bands on the planet, Iron Maiden, have just released a trailer for their upcoming live DVD / documentary ‘En Vivo!’ The official trailer for ‘En Vivo!’ perfectly previews the insanity that is the Iron Maiden live experience.

Filmed on April 10, 2011, in Santiago, Chile, Iron Maiden played in front of 50,000 raging metalheads for the DVD. South American fans are legendary for their energy and undying appreciation when touring bands stop by, which is the reason Maiden chose the Santiago concert to showcased in ‘En Vivo!’

“For the Final Frontier Tour it was really important to me that we filmed in South America as we’re always so overwhelmed by the fans’ reaction when we go to that part of the world and I wanted to reflect that in the filming,” raves Maiden bassist Steve Harris. “For reasons known to our fans, it took a long time before we got to play our first show in Chile, and once we did get to play a show, the response was so phenomenal we just had to keep coming back and it’s got better and better each time!”

Along with the entire live show, the 88-minute documentary ‘Behind the Beast’ will be featured in the ‘En Vivo!’ release. Shot in more of a “home movie” style, ‘Behind the Beast’ will give an insider’s look into the everyday experience of what it is to be Iron Maiden, plus the story of how Maiden and their crew pulled off one of the most ambitious and extraordinary world tours in music history.

‘En Vivo!’ will be released in Blu-Ray, DVD and CD form on March 26 (March 27 in North America). For a full track list, click here.

Official Trailer:

• neuralfraud
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2010

WOW!

That sounds fucking spectacular!

Iron Maiden will bring it until they go to the grave; they keep on kickin' ass.

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Van Halen could learn a few things from Iron Maiden about how to treat their fans. And about MERCHANDISING.
      In addition to being an incredible band, Iron Maiden merch folks have their shit TOGETHER. I ordered a tee from them late last year and maybe an hour or two after I completed my order I got a shipping notice. I had my tee shirt in 72 hours.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I just hope Steve Harris hasn't gone overkill on the edits.......
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• rockhead
          Roadie
          • Jan 2006

After seeing them in 2008 and last year, Maiden rule, simple as that.Though iam hoping for that 7th son retro tour either this year or next.Bruce did say on IMTV that they will do the biggest thing they have ever done, hoping for another retro tour.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Maiden have merch nailed down ....
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

I like Maiden just as much as the next guy, but I just can't get excited over another live Maiden DVD.

Comment

• Pennypacker
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2009

Im not surprised they didnt play the Final Frontier in its entirety, its a pretty long album. They did play all of A Matter of Life and Death when I saw them in 2006, but of course the crowd only reacted to the older material. It can't always be 1983 people! Ill definitely check this out.

Comment

• SparkieD
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rockhead
                  Bruce did say on IMTV that they will do the biggest thing they have ever done
                  Well, Bruce is full of shit if he expects me to believe that. All of a sudden they're going to top the World Slavery Tour? A year on the road and 200 shows?

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  I like Maiden just as much as the next guy, but I just can't get excited over another live Maiden DVD.
                  For the past 30 years, I've loved them more than most people, but FFS, neither can I.
                  Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                  Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Get rid of the circus that is Jannick Gers. Keep it as the Powerslave lineup. Decent player, but a complete third wheel....
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                      I just hope Steve Harris hasn't gone overkill on the edits.......
                      This. I get seasick watching his previous works with 15 edits per second.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...