PDA

View Full Version : How Fitting In The Year Of The Dragon We Get A New Bruce Lee Documentary

Hardrock69
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e349e8.jpg

www.iambruceleemovie.com/

It is playing in theaters on only 2 days in February. FEBRUARY 9th & 15th ONLY.
Go to the above web page and check out where it is playing at a theater near you. If your city is not listed, there is a link so you can email the production company and request a showing in your city!

About the Film

‘I Am Bruce Lee’ tells the amazing story of one of the most iconic human beings ever to enter the public consciousness. Voted as one of the most important people of the 20th century in Time Magazine’s Time 100, as well as one of the Greatest Pop Culture Icons by People Magazine, Bruce Lee continues to be honoured and remembered for his enduring legacy.

Bruce Lee’s often revolutionary and sometimes controversial thinking on a multitude of planes has become a source of inspiration and debate for a generation of philosophers, actors, filmmakers and athletes. The film is a compelling and visually stunning uncovering of Bruce’s life, his enormous impact, and his ever-expanding legacy in the world of martial arts, entertainment, and beyond—despite his tragic and sudden death at the age of 32.

‘I Am Bruce Lee’ features interviews with people who knew Bruce intimately, along with a broad array of international icons from the entertainment and athletic fields – people whose lives, careers and belief systems have been forever altered by the legend who UFC President Dana White calls the “Father of Mixed Martial Arts.” Interviews include basketball superstar Kobe Bryant, acclaimed actors Mickey Rourke and Ed O’Neill, world boxing champions Manny Pacquiao and Ray ‘Boom Boom’ Mancini, UFC’s Dana White and world champion Jon Jones, MMA fighters Cung Le and Stephan Bonnar, as well as actress and MMA fighter Gina Carano. Other interviews featured in the film include celebrated writer/director Reginald Hudlin, pop music superstar Taboo, pro skateboarder Paul Rodriguez, Bruce Lee’s daughter Shannon Lee and his wife Linda Lee Cadwell, as well as a host of Bruce’s friends and associates including legendary martial artists Dan Inosanto, Bob Wall and Gene LeBell, in combination with rarely seen archival footage, classic photos, and cutting edge visuals and graphics. The film goes more deeply into the story of this legendary master than ever before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jQgjo9Wm0sg

Matt White
01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
OH HELL YEAH

I'm so there!!!

Nitro Express
01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Our family was really close to a Chinese family when I was growing up. I pretty much had a Chinese aunt and uncle. My daughter just got her driver's license so we were road tripping and we stopped in to say hi to my Chinese relatives. The dad has always been into kung fu big time. He used to take me to see kung fu movies in Hong Kong and instead of popcorn you would eat puffed shrimp chips (kind of like pork rinds). Sure enough he was watching a kung fu movie after dinner. He actually named his youngest son Bruce after Bruce Lee. I grew up on that stuff.

fryingdutchman
01-24-2012, 05:49 AM
I thnk this DEMANDS another posting of the picture of the naked chick at Bruce Lee's grave.

Get on that, HR....

Matt White
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
On it!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dsjz2d.jpg

fryingdutchman
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Excellent work Matt!

This documentary should be excellent.

I love HR's story about the naked chick. I would love to find out what it all meant, but HR did the right thing and kept a respectful distance.