PDA

View Full Version : Enough With The Hopeful Wishing Already

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Who do you ACTUALLY think will win the GOP Nomination?

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Romney will win out after all the barrels have been fired, the dirt has been revealed, and the skeletons have been dumped out from the closet.

neuralfraud
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Gingrich. He's managed to remain immune to everything for fucks sake. It's rigged. it's rigged!

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Fig Newt has more baggage than American Airlines.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Mitt it is......even though most Republicans hate him.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I like "Moderate Mittens", which is what my boss calls him. But he's a fan of "Red-Faced Ricky", who's a True Cuntservative™.

Seshmeister
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Gingrich. He's managed to remain immune to everything for fucks sake. It's rigged. it's rigged!

Did I hear right that Newt who has been campaigning for lower government spending is saying he will be putting 13000 people on the moon to create a new US State?

qikgts
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Did I hear right that Newt who has been campaigning for lower government spending is saying he will be putting 13000 people on the moon to create a new US State?

I hope he's one of them that goes...

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:28 PM

To be called New Scotland

:gulp:

Much like the Brits did with Australia back in the day.......

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I like "Moderate Mittens", which is what my boss calls him. But he's a fan of "Red-Faced Ricky", who's a True Cuntservative™.

It just baffles me how he's running away from his record, though.

Just to pander to the extreme in the GOP.

That's what will lose the election for him.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:29 PM
The moon is a rock floating around. There's no reason to put a colony up there.

Talk about wasteful spending. Jesus.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:30 PM
It just baffles me how he's running away from his record, though.

Just to pander to the extreme in the GOP.

That's what will lose the election for him.

He'll come back to the middle once he has the nomination locked up.

I'd be scared if Newt wins. All those moderates that would have voted for Romney will stay home.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
I love how The Army Old School CUNTservatives here can't stand any of the candidates this time around....

Love it.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Ron Paul is only staying in to get a podium at the convention. He has no intention of winning the nomination.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:32 PM

Come on man.....no way!

Although, it does seem to be the strategy of GOP to see who can say the crazier shit.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I love how The Army Old School CUNTservatives here can't stand any of the candidates this time around....

Love it.

Mitch Daniels would have been a good choice. When everyone was starting to get in, I was hoping he would. Gotta root for the fellow Hoosier.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Ron Paul is only staying in to get a podium at the convention. He has no intention of winning the nomination.

:confused11:

God don't let Dr. Love hear you say that......

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
:confused11:

God don't let Dr. Love hear you say that......

He's only campaigning heavily in places like Nevada and Maine, where you can get a huge number of delegates. Oh, wait...

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Nice plan....I'm in to lose but I'll get to get up on a stage and ramble for a few minutes.

There's a waste of millions of dollars!

He should just rent the hall the day before the nom....it'd be cheaper and fiscally responsible;)

ELVIS
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM

That's basically true...

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Newt talks about sending people to Mars.

I know somebody would volunteer, but that's two years on a one way trip. Unless we develop hyperdrive technology, I can't see that happening any time soon.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Newt talks about sending people to Mars.

I know somebody would volunteer, but that's two years on a one way trip. Unless we develop hyperdrive technology, I can't see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, there was a great doc on that. Amazing what it would take. They're talking about orbiting it first, come back and then try to land on it.

I have a feeling they want to privatize space for the $$$$$ in resources....which is sad and the only reason Newt would be interested in space.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Vote Newt, help re-elect Obama

-Ann The Man Coulter

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm all for colonizing The Moon......

Let's start by sending all drummers.

Warham
01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
I just hope Mitt takes the gloves off tonight and gets his pristine hair messy.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
That's basically true...

Makes sense in a GOP kinda way....we'd own the mineral rights then.

Subsidize the big Corps to go up there and let them make billions off the taxpayers investment.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm all for colonizing The Moon......

Let's start by sending all drummers.

Fess up.....did a drummer steal your girlfriend, again:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Come on man.....no way!

Although, it does seem to be the strategy of GOP to see who can say the crazier shit.

kwame k
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
I did read somewhere that's why they want NASA to go away.....privatize space and rape it of it's resources.

Our schools, roads and infrastructure are falling apart but he'll spend billions to make the Moon a State?

Of course he was talking in Florida so he's has to pander to the space industry.

Unchainme
01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I want us to go back to the moon...

...but not to rape it's resources...

It's been so long since we've been back there, this was during an era of vinyl, cassette tapes were in it's infancy, computers took up entire rooms, movies were filmed n 8 mm.

So much was developed involving technology found from us pushing ourselves that it completely revolutionized the way our world is run today. It's time we go back.

and honestly? I want to see how bitching the moon would look IN FUCKING HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHizioHfKiw&feature=related

Dr. Love
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I didn't see an option for Obama ... he's going to be the only winner at the end of this thing.

Certainly none of us are going to be winners as a result of this election.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I didn't see an option for Obama ... .

Not currently a GOP Nominee......

But if he were, he'd beat the current pack of sillies......

Dr. Love
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Sometimes given how he governs, I think he'd fit in with the GOP better than the Democratic party... :)

LoungeMachine
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Sometimes given how he governs, I think he'd fit in with the GOP better than the Democratic party... :)

I honestly can't disagree with that.....

That being said....IF Ru Paul was running as a Dem he'd be 10 points higher than he is now :)

Dr. Love
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
yeah, probably

Terry
01-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Out of who is left standing, in my eyes Mittens is the only one who can make it to the finish line.

About the only one who has a near 50/50 shot of actually winning the presidency.

Newt just isn't a serious choice...mostly because after all the faux-intellectual bravado, hype and hooplah around him is cleared away, he's just not a serious person.

Ron Paul is just a bit too doddering this time around; some of his ideas may well be timeless (although more than a few just aren't realistic), but age has withered him.

Unchainme
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
As I was watching the Super Bowl, at halftime following the Madonna preformance, I saw again, Chyrsler kicked ass with yet another add with one of the greatest american actors ever, Clint Eastwood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_PE5V4Uzobc

Now, someone who was formerly on the right, and now an independent who has right leaning policies on economics and left leaning ones on social matters. The ad, to me, spoke volumes as to why the GOP is struggling to connect with most middle-class americans.

The commercial seems very much like the "Morning in America" ad that ran in '84 when Reagan was trying to get re-elected, and something my dad thought of very positively.

The problem with this current group of Candidates, both on the left and on the right is that they really don't seem to get it. This is not a time for social issues, nor is it a time for division and talks of war. It's time to rally around and try to get this country back to what it was. A great nation. One that's admired, respected by those who want freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness in their lives, and feared by those that want to take away those things that we as humanity hold dearly.

Do you think idiots like Rick Perry, Newt, Palin, Bachmann, Hannity, Beck, and the other idiots trumpeting their own causes to sell their principles to the highest bidder get this? No. They'd rather continue to divide us and make this nation even weaker than it was before.

I'm disgusted by this, and judging by the way my father and others formerly right have seemed to tune off the FAUX propaganda box as of late, I'm not alone.

FORD
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Clint's ad was very well done, with a couple of exceptions. The most obvious one being the fictional idea that "we all pulled together".

Uh, no we didn't. The Repukes fought the bailouts of GM and Chrysler all the way. Mittens Romney, whose fortune is partially owed to his father's success as CEO of American Motors literally said that those companies should die, and that millions of jobs (between the car companies themselves and all the other businesses dependent on them, from the parts manufacturers, to the guy who runs the convenience store down the block where the workers buy their morning coffee and donuts)

Clint is of course a Republican politician himself (former mayor of Carmel CA) and I'm sure he wants to believe his team were part of the solution. And maybe if he were in Congress, might have voted more responsibly. But sorry to say, Dirty Harry.... the guys on your team were part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The other objection is more minor, but just as valid.... all that "rah rah Go America yay team spirit" stuff was brought to you by a company which is now owned by Italians and was previously owned by Germans. If Chrysler does well, it definitely is good news for Detroit, and the workers. But let's not kid ourselves.... a lot of that money ain't staying in Michigan.

Unchainme
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Clint is of course a Republican politician himself (former mayor of Carmel CA) and I'm sure he wants to believe his team were part of the solution. And maybe if he were in Congress, might have voted more responsibly. But sorry to say, Dirty Harry.... the guys on your team were part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Well and no doubt. I don't think he particularly harbored any ill-will against the city, and I would assume when asked he would be in support of bailing out those involved, and I'm sure he does indeed want to continue to have them come back. Reading up on him, he just seems to be fiscally liberal and socially conservative. Even opposed the 3 wars we've been in since the 50's.

Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, (I begrudgingly say this next one) and Pittsburgh are All-American Cities that deserve better than to be these pathetic run down towns where people are fleeing at will.

It would have been truly terrible if we didn't have those great american companies in those great american cities anymore. I mean, fuck, my hometown of Akron, Ohio used to be the Rubber Capital of the World..and now? There's a ton of empty factories now. My dad used to be very proud to say he sold for BF Goodrich, and they bailed out when I was like..7-8.

My point being though. We don't really have a politician out there with the viewpoint of being a problem solver, a "Roll up your sleeves" sort of guy. Rather than worry about appeasing everyone, and getting elected again.

Little Texan
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM

I would LOVE to hear how he proposes to do that, and pay for it in a way that doesn't quadruple that pesky little thing called the deficit that we're trying so hard recently to reduce. Besides, we have had a hard enough time in the past just getting three people to the moon (Apollo 13, anyone?), and we're going to put 13,000 on the moon? And what grand purpose would this serve?

Dr. Love
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Jaysus (as they say here in the redneck south) ...

This thing is going to get hairy. Santorum might knock out Gingrich where Romney has failed to do so, unless Newt can get to his southern states and then in turn try to knock out Santorum. At this rate, who knows who (if anyone) is going to have momentum and the delegates to take it in the convention...

FORD
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I guess Man on Dog can call tonight a "win" but considering there weren't any delegates up for grabs in either Missouri or Minnesota tonight, he didn't actually win anything.

I imagine in the case of Minnesota, they were just voting out of spite because they had two candidates in this race early on (Batshit Bachmann and Tim Pawtucky the Bridge Destroyer) and they both already dropped out.

FORD
02-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Hmm..... looks like Santorum may have Googled Colorado too......

Rick Santorum 50%
Newt Gingrich 21%
Mitt Romney 19%
Ron Paul 10%

Granted, that's with a mere 1% reporting, but it's a sizeable lead. Hard to believe this fetus fetishist can win three states in one night, even if two of them don't count.

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I guess it's four more years of Oblama...

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Who the fuck is voting for santorum?

honestly?

the guys a fucking moron.

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM
The people who hate Romoney...

Dr. Love
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
It's going to crack me up to no end if we get to the Republican Convention and no one has enough delegates to clinch the nomination.

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
That is what's gonna happen...

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
lesser of two evils.

Romney ain't perfect..and far from it, but as someone who's indy, I far more trust him leading the country, than some religious nutjub who seems to OBSESS over abortion and gay marriage. Two major non-issues in my book.

If it's Santorum v. Obama, I'm voting for Obama.

Dr. Love
02-07-2012, 11:25 PM
If you vote for the lesser of two evils, don't be surprised when you continue to get bad results...

ELVIS
02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Exactly...

I'll probably be sitting this one out...

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 11:33 PM
I'll write someone in..or vote for obama to ensure this moron doesn't get elected

fuck you gop. I didn't want to vote for obama.

FORD
02-07-2012, 11:37 PM
You could always vote for Rocky Anderson. (https://www.voterocky.org)

Unchainme
02-07-2012, 11:42 PM

He doesn't seem to bad actually, looking at some of his positions.

I actually believe that america needs to step away from a two party system. It's destroying the country.

Dr. Love
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM
you mean the one party system

FORD
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
It's going to crack me up to no end if we get to the Republican Convention and no one has enough delegates to clinch the nomination.

Until the BCE stormtroopers come in and force Jeb and Marco Rubio as the ticket. After that it won't be so funny :(

(Yeah, they're both allegedly Florida residents, but that didn't stop Chimp & Darth, who both claimed to be from Tejas)

FORD
02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
The people who hate Romoney...

Do you pronounce that "raw money"?

And if so, when did you start listening to Norman Goldman (http://normangoldman.com/)?

Nitro Express
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Most these politicians are more seedy than Chinatown or Mean Street.

Nitro Express
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM

Nice guy. He was one of John Hunstman's lawyers and Hunstman endorsed him running for Salt Lake City mayor. The only problem with Rocky is he didn't manage the city budget very well but compared to our previous presidents who burn through trillions of dollars with nothing to show for it, Rocky looks pretty good.

Nitro Express
02-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I guess it's four more years of Oblama...

Which basically is four more years of Republican rule. Republicans are supposed to only care about corporations instead of people. Look at Obama's record. He is the General Electric, Goldman Sachs, BP president. He's on vacation and partying most the time and they only haul him back when they need something signed or he needs to give a speech. All these guys are pretty much puppets they play both sides so it doesn't matter who wins. Obamacare is just stealing from the socialized medicine and buying private insurance with it and then forcing everyone else to buy insurance and then you will only end up with a handful of insurance companies paying more for less with a government pit bull at your neck. That isn't socialized medicine at all, it's corporate racketeering.

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 12:58 PM
"That isn't socialized medicine at all, it's corporate racketeering" Got that right! Never saw any insurance co's fighting the health scare law. It was a blessing to there profit margine. The proof is the more expensive insurance now and getting worse.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Do you pronounce that "raw money"?

And if so, when did you start listening to Norman Goldman (http://normangoldman.com/)?

I must say I do not know who that is...

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
"That isn't socialized medicine at all, it's corporate racketeering" Got that right! Never saw any insurance co's fighting the health scare law. It was a blessing to there profit margine. The proof is the more expensive insurance now and getting worse.

Yep...

The rates are sky high now, just wait...

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Yep! You could almost see it coming. Anything the gov. gets into turns to shit.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
No dude...

The government cares about you...

The government makes the grass grow...

The government makes the sun come up...

Hey, that could be a song...

:biggrin:

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry for jumping in. Being new and green.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
It's not easy being green...

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Green with this site but well learned in and can spot spin and talking points by the fool-aid crowd.

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Could be but I don't wanna play it. LOL My guitar would hate me and expect a check every month.

ThrillsNSpills
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Sorry for jumping in. Being new and green.

Go get em Cap.

Love the avatar.

FORD
02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I must say I do not know who that is...

You should try listening to his show. Probably about halfway between Thom Hartmann and Mike Malloy in terms of his temperament. As well as halfway between in the time slot, if he's airing live in your area. 3 - 6 PM Pacific, so adjust for your time zone.

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Was on some political sites and got so dammed fed up with people not thinking for themselves and following the party line. I prefer to look at both sides the libs and the cons and try to see any common since. Most of the time people will follow their party line talking points till they make themselves out to be an idiot.

Jagermeister
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Fuck I don't know who it's going to be. I'll vote for who ever appears to be ahead in March.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 03:12 PM
You should try listening to his show. Probably about halfway between Thom Hartmann and Mike Malloy in terms of his temperament. As well as halfway between in the time slot, if he's airing live in your area. 3 - 6 PM Pacific, so adjust for your time zone.

I will check it out...

Hey, you been listening to Alex Jones any ??

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Was on some political sites and got so dammed fed up with people not thinking for themselves and following the party line. I prefer to look at both sides the libs and the cons and try to see any common since. Most of the time people will follow their party line talking points till they make themselves out to be an idiot.

Well, we have quite the diverse bunch here...

:biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I would LOVE to hear how he proposes to do that, and pay for it in a way that doesn't quadruple that pesky little thing called the deficit that we're trying so hard recently to reduce. Besides, we have had a hard enough time in the past just getting three people to the moon (Apollo 13, anyone?), and we're going to put 13,000 on the moon? And what grand purpose would this serve?

I hate to break it to you but nobody is trying hard to reduce the deficit. It's just funny money anyways made from nothing. As long as the little people believe it's worth something they can continue the games, in fact when you make the money debt becomes an asset because you now control the population with the debt saying they owe you. It's just a modern plantation. Instead of picking cotton or harvesting sugar cane you are born a debtor slave to the central banks. Ron Paul is the only one who gets that scam. The other politicians don't care because frankly, they are personally exempt from paying the debt. Not all people have to pay it.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM

Not true at all! They heavily lobbied to prevent a public option, as did the GOP fuckwits that continually complain how horrible "Obama Care" is while they were the ones that primarily disemboweled it and prevented legislation that would really have lowered rates...

Nickdfresh
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Fuck I don't know who it's going to be. I'll vote for who ever appears to be ahead in March.

Obama?

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Not true at all! They heavily lobbied to prevent a public option, as did the GOP fuckwits that continually complain how horrible "Obama Care" is while they were the ones that primarily disemboweled it and prevented legislation that would really have lowered rates...

As if you know what the fuck you're talking about...

Whatthefuckever...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
02-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe you can assemble a cabinet for me?

Unchainme
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLIZCuSlL8E

Rick Santorum makes Rush Limbaugh look like a socially liberal feminist.

what a piece of shit.

FORD
02-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Newt has a bad track record on the subject of women in the military too.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4TGR5j6v9w

Nickdfresh
02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Why is it that reactionary chickenhawks like Santorium, Gingrich, and that failed darling candidate from Texas are obsessed with women and gays in the military they were to weak and cowardly to serve in?

Unchainme
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Why is it that reactionary chickenhawks like Santorium, Gingrich, and that failed darling candidate from Texas are obsessed with women and gays in the military they were to weak and cowardly to serve in?

Exactly.

The sort of people who'd be serving from those groups would have a certain degree of toughness going in, and are not going to be the paris hilton's and ryan seacrest's of the world.

A non-issue for me.

I'm admitingly not tough and disciplined enough for such action, however, I would if I was called to do so, and I respect anyone who defends my freedoms on my behalf no matter their race, creed or sexuality.

Dr. Love
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Do you mean Rick Perry? He served in the air force.

Dr. Love
02-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Exactly.

The sort of people who'd be serving from those groups would have a certain degree of toughness going in, and are not going to be the paris hilton's and ryan seacrest's of the world.

A non-issue for me.

I'm admitingly not tough and disciplined enough for such action, however, I would if I was called to do so, and I respect anyone who defends my freedoms on my behalf no matter their race, creed or sexuality.

Or economic stance? :P

Nickdfresh
02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Do you mean Rick Perry? He served in the air force.

Corrected...

Unchainme
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Earlier this week, notorious shock jock Howard Stern called me "the worst person in the world" during his daily radio show.
To conservatives, this message from Howard Stern, a man whose only contribution to our culture was years of corrupting America's youth on public airwaves, was clear: "either abandon your beliefs and agree with me, or be dragged through the mud and demonized on national radio." I don't accept this false choice, and I know you don't either.
While Stern can say anything he wants on satellite radio, his words have an impact on his millions of listeners as well as the people his listeners talk to, which is why I need your help to counteract with our positive message. We must fight back and maintain our focus on what is important.
These are serious times, and our nation faces serious issues. The direction that America is headed requires serious discussion by serious people, and Howard Stern is not a serious person. We cannot allow attacks from him or anybody else to distract us from a laser focus on what is truly important: holding President Obama and his Democratic allies accountable for their mortgaging of our future. I know you share my determination and, with your help, our message of prosperity for our nation's future will drown out the noise of their attacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/11/michele-bachmann-howard-stern_n_1270537.html?ref=tw

Man the GOP is out of touch with the country.

What a disgrace.