PDA

View Full Version : One of these days Alice......

gbranton
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
The economy is in a shambles, the national debt is out of control, Americans go hungry every night, schools everywhere need help, there is crime everywhere, our infrastructure is crumbling and bursting at the seams, America's borders aren't secure and this retard's answer?........The moon. That's right, the fucking moon.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/newt-gingrich-promises-build-moon-colony-2020-u-211103078.html

I understand that it's pure pandering bullshit, because he said it in Florida, but just the fact that he had the balls (or stupidity) to utter the words show that he's out of touch with reality. A 51st state? REALLY? I guess we need to spread democracy to the rest of the solar system? I could understand if maybe there was something up there more valuable than a rock you can sell on Ebay for $50 but there's not.

knuckleboner
01-27-2012, 12:21 AM
actually, it ain't exactly pandering. in 1981, rep. gingrich introduced a bill smoothing the path for the moon to become an American state.

crazy? oh yeah. but consistently crazy...

VanHalener
01-27-2012, 12:56 AM
... I could understand if maybe there was something up there more valuable than a rock you can sell on Ebay for $50 but there's not.

~Au Contraire~
I have seen pictures of a perfect spot on the moon where an corbonite encased Spammy can be stored.
That is an expensive, yet sound way to start making the world a better place.

Just sayin'

kwame k
01-27-2012, 01:04 AM
actually, it ain't exactly pandering. in 1981, rep. gingrich introduced a bill smoothing the path for the moon to become an American state.

Well, he has that going for him:headlights:

Actually it's not as far fetched as you might imagine.

Rare Earth Elements come mainly from China and if we could get those resources from another place it could have strategic importance to the US.

China is increasingly putting the pinch on quotas of such elements out of their country. And as the scarcity of these valuable minerals grows, so too does the concern in other nations regarding the availability of this limited resource.Link (http://www.space.com/9250-mining-rare-minerals-moon-vital-national-security.html)

Light rare earths include the minerals ranging from lanthanum to gadolinium on the periodic table of elements, while heavy rare earths range from terbium to lutetium.

If developed, such deposits could help the U.S. avoid a possibly crippling rare earth shortage in the next decade. China has warned that its own industrial demands could compel it to stop exporting rare earths within the next five or 10 years.Link (http://www.technewsdaily.com/198-us-sitting-on-mother-lode-of-rare-tech-crucial-minerals.html)

That's why I think they want to privatize space and get NASA out of the way......taxpayers will subside it and Corporations will reap the benefits.

It's too costly now but if the potential is there we'll see them mining the Moon in our lifetime.

Guitar Shark
01-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Just wait for the Newt supporters to spin this as a positive... unlike Romney, Newt isn't a "waffler"...

The Daily Show did a pretty hilarious bit on the whole moon thing. God I can't get enough of that show.

Green Manalishi
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm waiting for the day when some screwball liberals sue God for being a racist 'cause the moon is white .

Nickdfresh
02-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm waiting for the day when some screwball liberals sue God for being a racist 'cause the moon is white .

I'm waiting for the day you don't rape your cousin....

Green Manalishi
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm waiting for the day you don't rape your cousin....

Yes , I raped my cousin . Unfortunately , she gave birth to a retarded son who goes by "Nickdfresh "

Last I heard , he lives in Buffalo , New York .

Nickdfresh
02-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes , I raped my cousin . Unfortunately , she gave birth to a retarded son who goes by "Nickdfresh "

Last I heard , he lives in Buffalo , New York .

You're my long lost, micro-penis'd transsexual gay father that blows ghetto dwellers for crack and won Missouri's "Powerbottom of the year 1991-2007" that mom always talked about? Shit man, what's goin' on you "Show Me State" cocksucker?