PDA

View Full Version : 90 second clips of the entire album from vhfrance on youtube!

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFrance?feature=BF

Enjoy!

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Best link you will get... as of today.

Calderone
01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
G r e a t !!!!!!!!!!

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Fuck you Sammy Hagar.... David Lee Roths' worst song on "ADKOT" just destroyed your fucking career!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

This might be the best Van Halen album... EVER!!!!!!!

Seshmeister
01-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Fuck you Sammy Hagar.... David Lee Roths' worst song on "ADKOT" just destroyed your fucking career!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

Yup! :)

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FpRpRjk_4iY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FpRpRjk_4iY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Give your LEADER a sticky, bitch!

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Death to Sammy Hagar!!!!!!!!

IN YOUR FACE ASSCLOWN!!!!!!!

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
28 years of pain gone!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to publically apologize to every bad thing I said about Eddie Van Halen in the past!!!

YOU REDEEMED YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!! 1000 TIMES BAYBEE!!!!!!!!!

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Yep this is a great album. I was worried it was all going too be like Tattoo. That is a little to boring for me even from guys in their 50's. The rest is weird and heavy as shit !!

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
28 years of pain gone!!!!!!!!!!

I would to publically apologize to every bad thing I said about Eddie Van Halen in the past!!!

YOU REDEEMED YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!! 1000 TIMES BAYBEE!!!!!!!!!

I agree and hate too do it. I wanted Dave too get out a few years ago when he wasn't talking too anyone. But Ed is killing on this stuff !! It looked like it was over in 04. Even some of the stuff on the 07 tour I was like what !!?? Like the drumstick solo. His hand must have been fucked because he didn't do that shit here early on in the tour. Nice comeback for him. I hope he's healthy for good.

WARF
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I started a thread at the pleasure dome called, "Eddie Van Halen got cancer on his tongue from all the lies out of his mouth"

We were ruthless back then.... but essentially all we wanted was Dave back in the band...

I admit... when Eddie was drunk smoking cigs at the LAPD tournament...

I wanted that fucker to crash his golf cart into a lake and drown.... it may have been harsh...

But this is a band I love... and wasn't gonna settle for no VHIII or Sammy Hagar....

Sorry Eddie for all the harsh words.... WARF LOVES YOU!!!!!!!

SNIPER
01-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Sometimes a little tuff love is good.

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Sometimes a little tuff love is good.

Let's go with that !!

WARF
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I would never wish death on anyone... but damn.... we had a small group of people in the Diamond Mafia at vhlinks...

Rippin the band a new asshole.... All we wanted was the only band that ever mattered to reunite with Dave...

I was fired so many times... but I refused to keep my mouth shut....

I didn't care... I still don't care... I will never been a tool for this site or any other site....

Van Halen without Dave is NOT VAN HALEN!!!!

Southpaw
01-29-2012, 06:16 PM
wow... up and beyond what I was expecting... eddie can still play some guitar... lookin foward to march 3:hippie:

Yount
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM
I love the "You wanna be a monk, you gotta cook a lot of rice" in Stay Frosty! Untouchable lyrics. Give me something even in the ballpark Sammy... chirp chirp... nothing...

WARF
01-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Sammy Hagar is the worst lyricist in rock music ever! Dave on the hand is lyrical genius.... the attitude is back...

Van Halen with Hagar had NO BALLS!!!

Yeah... i'll admit Sammy Hagar may be a better technical singer... more range etc etc.... he still sounds the same...

But what is the point of having a talented voice... when you have the fucking personality of a #2 pencil???

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.... dressed like Ronald McDonald....

Stay far away Sammy..... Dave is proving right now that you NEVER EXISTED!!!!!!!

SNIPER
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Actually, he has been losing a lot of his High's over the past 10 years. Thank god.

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Sammy Hagar is the worst lyricist in rock music ever! Dave on the hand is lyrical genius.... the attitude is back...

Van Halen with Hagar had NO BALLS!!!

Yeah... i'll admit Sammy Hagar may be a better technical singer... more range etc etc.... he still sounds the same...

But what is the point of having a talented voice... when you have the fucking personality of a #2 pencil???

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.... dressed like Ronald McDonald....

Stay far away Sammy..... Dave is proving right now that you NEVER EXISTED!!!!!!!

NICE !! Well not really!! I used to like this guy a little until about 10 years ago. His book taught me what a asshole he really is !! All about the money. Stilll like Montrose though. He was young and hungry !! Even some of 5150 and Balance is good. Mostly the music.

ThrillsNSpills
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I would never wish death on anyone... but damn.... we had a small group of people in the Diamond Mafia at vhlinks...

Rippin the band a new asshole.... All we wanted was the only band that ever mattered to reunite with Dave...

I was fired so many times... but I refused to keep my mouth shut....

I didn't care... I still don't care... I will never been a tool for this site or any other site....

Van Halen without Dave is NOT VAN HALEN!!!!

I remember your ou812 testicle thread like it was yesterday. My first thought was those Army guys are out of their minds. Remember the ToD stuff and Billy 007. PD was the first board I ever was at. Then I started reading stuff from Army people and found I couldn't really disagree with any of it because I got it. You had the exploding head thing from scanners. You guys knew how to make a point but in the most shocking way.

WARF
01-29-2012, 06:36 PM
NICE !! Well not really!! I used to like this guy a little until about 10 years ago. His book taught me what a asshole he really is !! All about the money. Stilll like Montrose though. He was young and hungry !! Even some of 5150 and Balance is good. Mostly the music.

I'm not saying 5150 or balance or any of the Hagar albums are bad.

How could I rate something I never listened to???

The only stuff I heard from Van Hagar were when I forced to listen in a car... or in a bar on the jukebox.

Shit.... I still haven't heard any of his albums completely.... Poundcake was OKAY.... that's my take....

Yount
01-29-2012, 06:42 PM

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.

So we'll get pissed and not pay attention to the lyrics, instead just stumble around sloshed like Sammy wants throwing the vagina with two hands going "Woooo!" getting up in the morning in a haze thinking you had a good time.
You'd reckon the penny might drop when the listener actually sits down to disect the album. But - just like some people refuse to read (EVH in CFTH anyone!) some also refuse to DEAL with the lyrics. Too much fucking hard work. That's why Sammy has SOME popularity, although I wouldn't want all those airhead followers at my show, and the groupies would be pretty laughable too.

WARF
01-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I remember your ou812 testicle thread like it was yesterday. My first thought was those Army guys are out of their minds. Remember the ToD stuff and Billy 007. PD was the first board I ever was at. Then I started reading stuff from Army people and found I couldn't really disagree with any of it because I got it. You had the exploding head thing from scanners. You guys knew how to make a point but in the most shocking way.

Ah, dude the classic exploding head avatar. There was an uproar here about it because some chick complained to staff for me to take down the avatar, because her brother committed suicide with a shotgun. Needless to say.... I made the avatar a little bit bigger... and put an extra one in my signature!!! haha

We even lost one of our moderators to the official site.

That was a nice flame war... using the Roth Army as a stepping stone to get on the official site...

So much behind the scenes drama at the Roth Army....

The Max Vs. Fab dog cookie controversy hahaha....

If you guys only knew...

Seshmeister
01-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I started a thread at the pleasure dome called, "Eddie Van Halen got cancer on his tongue from all the lies out of his mouth"

We were ruthless back then.... but essentially all we wanted was Dave back in the band...

I admit... when Eddie was drunk smoking cigs at the LAPD tournament...

I wanted that fucker to crash his golf cart into a lake and drown.... it may have been harsh...

But this is a band I love... and wasn't gonna settle for no VHIII or Sammy Hagar....

Sorry Eddie for all the harsh words.... WARF LOVES YOU!!!!!!!

My first ever thread here back in 2000 or so was 'Would people think a lot more of Eddie if he had died in 1985?' :)

WARF
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Or "Sometimes I wish Van Halen smacked into a mountain coming back from germany in 1984" LOL

We had some crazy fucking threads here at the army back then....

chefcraig
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM

If you guys only knew...

Oh, Christ. MAX would call me all the time when that was going on, and we'd laugh so hard it would bring tears to our eyes. The next minute, we would be in awe of how spooky and downright scary it all was. Definitely a strange, almost magical time.

ThrillsNSpills
01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Ah, dude the classic exploding head avatar. There was an uproar here about it because some chick complained to staff for me to take down the avatar, because her brother committed suicide with a shotgun. Needless to say.... I made the avatar a little bit bigger... and put an extra one in my signature!!! haha

We even lost one of our moderators to the official site.

That was a nice flame war... using the Roth Army as a stepping stone to get on the official site...

If you guys only knew...

Didn't Max chomp on one of those buggers himself?

chefcraig
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Man, I don't remember it all that clearly. I do know Wolf would bake them in his own oven, so it is possible he sent out some samples to people.

WARF
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM

I wish MAX was still alive to tell the story...

I don't remember much... back then I used to sit in front of here and down bottles of Jameson and blackout....

Then I would chase my booze with every other fucking thing I could find....

I am surprised they never found me face down dead in the toilet.... suffocated from a banana split like ELVIS!!!

Jetstream
01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
You and Your Blues as of now, with just the preview, is already in my top 5 Van Halen songs of all time. this LP KICKS MAJOR ASS...It is better in my opinion than Diver Down and 1984. This is good, this really really good. If someone asked me what Van Halen was, I would play this LP and say this defines Van Halen as much as any of the first four lps...it does not get better than that. Stay Frosty is Ice Cream Man on steroids LOL. I'm so ecstatic right now!

Seshmeister
01-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I hadn't even noticed You and Your Blues...wow :)

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Fucking hell!!!!!! :appl: This is mind blowing.
I never thought it would be this good.
Dave dug deep to pull off the performance of his life. He sounds amazing. I can't say enough about Eddie either. Holy shit, all of those riffs are killer!!!! Zach influenced FOR SURE!
How many days now..?
Only listened to the previews once but "Stay Frosty" somehow got better. Can't wait to hear that entire fuckin' song.
Big river sounds real good too.
Its very difficult being a Van Halen fan let alone a David Lee Roth fan at this time. I mean, Shes only got her dress and shoes off and smiling at us with her fingers ready to pull the g-string down and we're sittin' on the edge of the bed droolin' and drippin'...

Oh well...

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Fucking hell!!!!!! :appl: This is mind blowing.
I never thought it would be this good.
Dave dug deep to pull off the performance of his life. He sounds amazing. I can't say enough about Eddie either. Holy shit, all of those riffs are killer!!!! Zach influenced FOR SURE!
How many days now..?
Only listened to the previews once but "Stay Frosty" somehow got better. Can't wait to hear that entire fuckin' song.
Big river sounds real good too.
Its very difficult being a Van Halen fan let alone a David Lee Roth fan at this time. I mean, Shes only got her dress and shoes off and smiling at us with her fingers ready to pull the g-string down and we're sittin' on the edge of the bed droolin' and drippin'...

Oh well...

Lose the dress, keep the shoes !!!

SNIPER
01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
I have been running all the samples every hour. I really can't get enough.

SNIPER
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Is it just me or is Ed's tone big and beefy like VH 1?

qikgts
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I mean, Shes only got her dress and shoes off and smiling at us with her fingers ready to pull the g-string down and we're sittin' on the edge of the bed droolin' and drippin'...

No, no, no, no don't take 'em off; Don't take... leave 'em on

(It was low hanging friut, I say...)

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Double post. van halen rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I love the "You wanna be a monk, you gotta cook a lot of rice" in Stay Frosty! Untouchable lyrics. Give me something even in the ballpark Sammy... chirp chirp... nothing...

This is Daves song for sure, probably the reason I like it so much already.
Anyway, lets get those lyrics down when this thing pops. From what I heard and my shitty ear, he did well telling his story in this one.

DONNIEP
01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh hell yes!!!!!! With everything that's been happening I must have missed that Beats Working is Put Out The Lights....oh god, this record is so fucking awesome. I love the Dave solo stuff, but this is what you get when you put him and Eddie together - pure fucking magic!!!! :gulp:

Yount
01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
but this is what you get when you put him and Eddie together - pure fucking magic!!!!
. .
:yo:

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh hell yes!!!!!! With everything that's been happening I must have missed that Beats Working is Put Out The Lights....oh god, this record is so fucking awesome. I love the Dave solo stuff, but this is what you get when you put him and Eddie together - pure fucking magic!!!! :gulp:

YEP !! Some things are meant too be. I remember when the Inside magazine interviewed Alex and they asked him what Dave meant to the band as far as making it big and he said something like well I don't really know for sure!! Whatever Al, Whatever. I just laughed at him saying something so stupid. But it was a stupid question anyway.

Dave's PA Rental
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
WARF said it upthread, and I also think that this might be the GREATEST VAN HALEN RECORD OF THEM ALL!!!!!

THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each one of these clips, I click on it, the song starts and I lean back and i'm happy/evil laughing at the ceiling. FUCK

hain23x
01-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm hearing a lot of really great parts and I've heard some great stuff with the 3 that i've heard all the way through. I want to live with this one for awhile before i try to rank it.

mdk1967
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Is it just me or is it a little odd listening to the reworked versions of all these old CVH classic demos and not trying to predict what's coming next in your head after listening to the demos for SO FUCKING LONG while waiting for the moment we've all been waiting for, which isn't a problem whatsoever?! Just odd in a damn good way.
It's almost like we're getting TWO new VH albums at the same time - finally released, rewritten and rerecorded demos AND new tunes simultaneously. I sit shaking my head in awe and dismay of the best kind absolutely digging every bloody second of its glory.
I hope Dave and the brothers finally realize that their fate and destiny together is so much more colossal than they could have EVER imagined.

mdk1967
01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
WARF said it upthread, and I also think that this might be the GREATEST VAN HALEN RECORD OF THEM ALL!!!!!

THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each one of these clips, I click on it, the song starts and I lean back and i'm happy/evil laughing at the ceiling. FUCK

"Happy/evil laugh." - ditto. Fuckin' A!!!

steve
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I just burned these samples to disk and put the CD with my record collection, but now I smell melting plastic.
What is happening?

ashstralia
01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
4 more sleeps and i'll have my cd.. :biggrin:

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM

You sir, with all due respect...SUCK!!!!!

get it up ya;) and...

Yount
01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
4 more sleeps and i'll have my cd.. :biggrin: hey ashtraya did you pre order from JB or is it just gonna be in stores on shelves for me to snare in a couple days? I'm lazy like that, just wanna walk in, buy it, piss off. No fuss.

ashstralia
01-29-2012, 10:00 PM
nah, i ordered it from my local independent... as i've said mate, i live and work in a small town and support my local businesses.

DLR Bridge
01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Is it just me or is it a little odd listening to the reworked versions of all these old CVH classic demos and not trying to predict what's coming next in your head after listening to the demos for SO FUCKING LONG while waiting for the moment we've all been waiting for, which isn't a problem whatsoever?! Just odd in a damn good way.
It's almost like we're getting TWO new VH albums at the same time - finally released, rewritten and rerecorded demos AND new tunes simultaneously. I sit shaking my head in awe and dismay of the best kind absolutely digging every bloody second of its glory.
I hope Dave and the brothers finally realize that their fate and destiny together is so much more colossal than they could have EVER imagined.

I agree entirely. Oddly enough, of all of the songs that have had a lyrical face lift, Tattoo, for me, is a song that could have been left alone as Down In Flames. Those were some gritty well written lyrics for young Dave. Had they left it alone, they could have utilized the tattoo lyrics elsewhere, but this really isn't a complaint worth airing. I love the concept of the song, especially after Dave's explanation. If Tattoo turns out to be the weakest tune, and it still kicks ass anyway, we've got ourselves a farkin' gem!

mewisemagic
01-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Cyrus after hearing the new 90 second clips!

Dr. Love
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't really like the new version of Put Out The Lights :(

Yount
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I wore my Van Halen I shirt out on Saturday night. Alas, they played no Van Halen!
Oh yeah, that fan made clip of Chinatown is

Dan
01-29-2012, 10:29 PM

How Dare You.:D

Warham
01-29-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm ecstatic with what I've heard in these clips. I already thought "Blood & Fire" was one of their greatest songs ever after I listened to it, but there's some other stuff here that might top that...if I could hear more than 90 seconds!

I might have to buy four copies. Two for each car: one to start out with and one to replace it after I burn it up on repeat listen.

Yount
01-29-2012, 10:30 PM

fast eddie he's gettin' ready

Yount
01-29-2012, 10:33 PM
whoops 2X post

DLR Bridge
01-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Isn't that Beat's workin'? I think the lyrics are a major upgrade. Definitely has a Feel Your Love Tonite vibe now. Bullethead has a little bit of a question mark over it as far as the phrasing goes. I think I may be just tripped up by hearing the song from mid flight, but it has a choppy delivery. Dave was practically rapping (pre-Sugarhill gang no less) in the original. Had a great melodic flow that surfed the riff as if it were a tasty wave. Ed wasn't the only guy ahead of his time way back when.

Dr. Love
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Lyrics might be better (I dunno if I agree), but I liked the old melodies, especially in the verse and chorus.

Dr. Love
01-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Who knows, when I hear the whole thing I might like it more. I had similar reservations about Tattoo and now I love it.

Guitar Shark
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Who knows, when I hear the whole thing I might like it more. I had similar reservations about Tattoo and now I love it.

I've been listening to those Zero tunes and other demos for so many years now it's going to be tough to learn new lyrics and melodies!

But, I like the fact that they're reworking the tunes. It would seem "lazy" otherwise.

ThrillsNSpills
01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
It gets even better with repeated listens.
I keep asking myself if the starving guy who gets a cracker analogy applies.
And it probably does, but this stuff is huge across the board.
If the vinyl version of this was analog, I'd say it's easily worth the 50 bucks.

The only thing that put me off a little bit was that they changed the music to Big Trouble/Big River . I thought the music already on the demo was perfect. I'm open to giving their new treatment a shot since they did so well on everything else.

Julius
01-29-2012, 10:58 PM

I feel the same way about the new version of Big Trouble. I realize the old subject matter wasn't appropriate to sing for someone pushing 60, but the new lyrics feel clumsy and forced. The whole song in general, based on the 90 seconds I heard, is a bit of a letdown.

Dr. Love
01-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I've been listening to those Zero tunes and other demos for so many years now it's going to be tough to learn new lyrics and melodies!

But, I like the fact that they're reworking the tunes. It would seem "lazy" otherwise.

I kind of wonder if it would have been better to just release the tunes from the old demo as a "bonus" disc and then worked on just new stuff.

But I guess they were worried about living up to expectations.

Julius
01-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to hearing the entire version of Stay Frosty. Most of the new songs are outstanding, but this one is the money shot I think.

bigtrouble77
01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I feel the same way about the new version of Big Trouble. I realize the old subject matter wasn't appropriate to sing for someone pushing 60, but the new lyrics feel clumsy and forced. The whole song in general, based on the 90 seconds I heard, is a bit of a letdown.

It's because the demos are etched in your head like the rest of us. The vocal melodies are slightly different so it throws things off. Same thing happened with Tattoo for me. I've listened to Down in Flames hundreds of times over the years so it's just plain weird to hear Tattoo. Tattoo has, however, grown on me as I purge those old vocals out of my mind.

I think once the full versions are released and we've had a while to soak it in, the remakes will sound better.

bigtrouble77
01-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to hearing the entire version of Stay Frosty. Most of the new songs are outstanding, but this one is the money shot I think.
I'm surprised to say it, but I agree. China Town also blew me away. I need to hear the whole versions to really know.

DLR'sCock
01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
This is album so much more than I expected it to be!

Julius
01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
It's because the demos are etched in your head like the rest of us. The vocal melodies are slightly different so it throws things off. Same thing happened with Tattoo for me. I've listened to Down in Flames hundreds of times over the years so it's just plain weird to hear Tattoo. Tattoo has, however, grown on me as I purge those old vocals out of my mind.

I think once the full versions are released and we've had a while to soak it in, the remakes will sound better.

You're probably right, that song was my favorite from ZERO.... in heavy rotation on my iPod.

It seems like the new version was slowed down and the performance less urgent. I'll wait until the 7th to pass final judgement.

ThatArtGuy
01-29-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q6LgNx0jg

I *had* to comment on that one.

Yount
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Praise for Alex. I think his drumming is world class. Tattoo, China town, all the snippets I've heard he's sounded great. Big fan!!

mdk1967
01-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Cyrus after hearing the new 90 second clips!

Dude, ..that was fucking great. :lmao:

mdk1967
01-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Is there such a thing as a happy beginning perhaps?

ThatArtGuy
01-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Only if you're premature.

m_dixon1984
01-30-2012, 01:34 AM
EVH, if this is your apology for the past 28 years then I accept. You are forgiven.

Oh, and your son plays a mean ass fucking bass!!

Dave, nice to have you back where you belong.

Hearing these tunes and reading the posts from the devoted Army faithful (WARF, Carmine, VA, to mention just a few) has given me a perma grin for the past month (and chubby...ok, the songs are responsible for this). Not to mention bringing tears of joy to my eyes at times (WARF's Cafe Wah? posts to be specific).

Can't wait for Feb 7 and my 3 show experience in March. Buyers remorse is gone for my VIP ticket in Ottawa.

Thanks Army. Thanks Van Halen. Thanks David Lee Roth. Roth on everyone!

ashstralia
01-30-2012, 02:50 AM
It gets even better with repeated listens.
I keep asking myself if the starving guy who gets a cracker analogy applies.
And it probably does, but this stuff is huge across the board.

Thrills, you've perfectly described my zen reasoning for not listening to 'bits' of the new album. i'm waiting for the full 13 course degustation menu.

RedZoneD25
01-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Hey all, lurker for years but I had to make an account to say that "honeybabysweetiedoll" is unreal. Can't believe I'm hearing this!! While I'm on the extremely young end of the spectrum as far as age on these boards is concerned, don't let that phase you as I was raised on CVH like every son should be. Looks like the first Roth album in my lifetime (and therefore, the only Van Halen album I will acknowledge) is shaping up to be a mammoth of a release. Roth the fuck on!

Halen High
01-30-2012, 03:38 AM
hey ashtraya did you pre order from JB or is it just gonna be in stores on shelves for me to snare in a couple days? I'm lazy like that, just wanna walk in, buy it, piss off. No fuss.

I mentioned a few days ago that I'd called my local JB-HIFI store twice and both times the sales staff told me it was worth calling them on Thursday (February 3) as they often get new release stock a day earlier than scheduled. I'll be checking after work on Thursday (late night shopping) just in case. Otherwise, after 27 years......Friday will do.

Halen High
01-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Crikey - You and Your Blues is epic - and I've only heard 90 seconds of it!

kwame k
01-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Hey all, lurker for years but I had to make an account to say that "honeybabysweetiedoll" is unreal. Can't believe I'm hearing this!! While I'm on the extremely young end of the spectrum as far as age on these boards is concerned, don't let that phase you as I was raised on CVH like every son should be. Looks like the first Roth album in my lifetime (and therefore, the only Van Halen album I will acknowledge) is shaping up to be a mammoth of a release. Roth the fuck on!

There....your first thanks, too!

Hell of a way to come out of the gate!

Keep posting......dig the fact that some of you young guys know the classic shit when you hear it:beers8:

ashstralia
01-30-2012, 03:43 AM
HH, you may have the world exclusive first listen!

RedZoneD25
01-30-2012, 03:45 AM
There....your first thanks, too!

Hell of a way to come out of the gate!

Keep posting......dig the fact that some of you young guys know the classic shit when you hear it:beers8:

Will do! My Dad and I always checked this site every day to see if the torch lit up...Was a hell of a celebration when it finally did!

kwame k
01-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Outstanding......

You guys hitting the concert when it rolls into your town?

RedZoneD25
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Outstanding......

You guys hitting the concert when it rolls into your town?

Already have tickets, sir! Wouldn't miss it for anything.

kwame k
01-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Nice......

Halen High
01-30-2012, 04:18 AM
HH, you may have the world exclusive first listen!

How about that!!! I'll be sure to let you know.

By the way, I weakened and ended my ban on listening to more snippets - I couldn't do it.

Carmine
01-30-2012, 04:58 AM

Exactly!! People have been asking me for a month, "Why are you so happy....what's with the perma-grin?"

answer: I'm a Van Halen fan...

Hardrock69
01-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I just got done listening to a bit of this a bit of that....the Bullethead clip, China Town clip one more time....You and Yer Blues.....that is it. I am holding off until a week from Tuesday.

But my god.....this is fucking incredible shit!

GODDAMMIT! AND I GOT MY FUCKING TICKET!

AND THE FUCKING TORCH IS LIT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes leaping around the room*

AND I AM GONNA SEE GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING VAN HALEN!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Someone told me on Twitter recently that "Honeybabysweetiedoll" sounded like DLR's "Flex"....

Pink Spider
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I had reservations when I heard that they were re-doing demos, but they've managed to make the greatest rock album that's come out in 20 years, maybe in the last 30!

Welcome back Van Halen!!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
All of his videos just got blocked....

Pennypacker
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Found another of "As Is"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JKk0EfR0RM&feature=player_embedded

if6was9
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I just couldn't resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgoIX6ffaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDdX1pj7zi0

What a DLR'ish movie!!!

Seshmeister
01-30-2012, 01:41 PM

It was a later in the song clip than the other one.

ZahZoo
01-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Was wondering when the dogs would be set loose... Monday morning and the corporations are back at school.

Next week should be a real barn-burner for shutting down illegal stuff for Van Halen.

Little Texan
01-30-2012, 11:27 PM
As Is sounds like a hybridization of Hot For Teacher and It's Showtime...it's a song in the same vein of those two tunes.

kingedward
01-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Just a quick word on "Chinatown". I've read some posts about Wolfies chops, Is Edward covering the bass etc. Whoever it is on this track, And I think it's the kid, Is just smokin, Following Ed on this shit takes away any lingering doubt can the kid play. So far, This is my favorite clip, Others may pass it with more crank up time on my rig, But I doubt it. This would have been perfect for the debut, For that matter.