PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Soldiers of the Roth Army

RedZoneD25
01-30-2012, 04:03 AM
Hey all, my name is Dave. I'm 21, and I'm about as diehard as you can be considering I wasn't alive for a single CVH album. My main goal in my time on Earth is to infect as many people as I can with the greatest band in the world, Van Fucking Halen. Already converted my girlfriend, but that was easy as soon as I took any option of the word "no" out of the equation.

I've played guitar for ten years, and the first song I learned in full was Feel Your Love Tonight, eventually progressing to all of the original six. The only thing I have left to do that I'm working on is make my own Frankenstrat (original from Van Halen) to make that phase of my life complete.

My first Halen show was (as you may have guessed) the 2007 reunion, but that was already 11 years after I discovered the mighty VH. My Dad is the reason I'm on here today, as he instilled very early on that Roth is the only era allowed in the house. At six I was cranking 1984 (his copy) in my old boombox before baseball games, and eventually progressed to learn the rest of the catalog in the next few years. Favorite song right now is Girl Gone Bad since I have been playing it a lot on guitar, but any song will do.

I'll go ahead and shut up now, but before I go I'd like to give a shout out to this site for being on my bookmarks for YEARS, and I'm so glad the torch was FINALLY lit. This is a great community, and even though it took a new album to get me to sign up I plan on being around much, much longer than that. Roth on!

=VH= Forever,

Dave in Philly

Sarge's Little Helper
01-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi RedZoneD25 Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! The ROTH ARMY carries the Van Halen Torch, Diamond David Lee Roth Style! This is where Classic Van Halen is celebrated and Diamond Dave reigns as the Supreme Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

kwame k
01-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Jump down to Gear Street and see DiamondJimi's Frankenstrat build!

Between Jimi, Jay and the rest of the guys there.....they're a wealth of information!

Shit......forgot the link http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?56105-Diamondjimi-s-Frankenstein-Replica

Carmine
01-30-2012, 05:06 AM
Hey all, my name is Dave. I'm 21, and I'm about as diehard as you can be considering I wasn't alive for a single CVH album. My main goal in my time on Earth is to infect as many people as I can with the greatest band in the world, Van Fucking Halen. Already converted my girlfriend, but that was easy as soon as I took any option of the word "no" out of the equation.

I've played guitar for ten years, and the first song I learned in full was Feel Your Love Tonight, eventually progressing to all of the original six. The only thing I have left to do that I'm working on is make my own Frankenstrat (original from Van Halen) to make that phase of my life complete.

My first Halen show was (as you may have guessed) the 2007 reunion, but that was already 11 years after I discovered the mighty VH. My Dad is the reason I'm on here today, as he instilled very early on that Roth is the only era allowed in the house. At six I was cranking 1984 (his copy) in my old boombox before baseball games, and eventually progressed to learn the rest of the catalog in the next few years. Favorite song right now is Girl Gone Bad since I have been playing it a lot on guitar, but any song will do.

I'll go ahead and shut up now, but before I go I'd like to give a shout out to this site for being on my bookmarks for YEARS, and I'm so glad the torch was FINALLY lit. This is a great community, and even though it took a new album to get me to sign up I plan on being around much, much longer than that. Roth on!

=VH= Forever,

Dave in Philly

Welcome to the big board, RZ...

Keep on, Rothin' and Rollin'...

fryingdutchman
01-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Welcome Dave....

You're from my neck of the woods. Get your ass to the Atlantic City show, bro!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
:welcome:

VAiN
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome aboard, it's always grate to see the younger generation spreading the good word! Solider on, young man!

Fairwrning
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Your dad sounds like a smart man..

Diamondjimi
01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Welcometothearmy-dj-2010.jpg

RedZoneD25
01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
I like it here already...Seriously though, thanks for the warm welcome. Is it the 7th yet?!

Sensible Shoes
01-30-2012, 05:09 PM
welcome young jedi