PDA

View Full Version : The Official Van Halen, "Stay Frosty" review thread

Seshmeister
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/PgC3nRjNHuM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/PgC3nRjNHuM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/2sJE7BsemxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/2sJE7BsemxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

wiseguy
01-30-2012, 12:58 PM
PURE FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I don't even need to hear the whole song. That will sell the album for me.

Thanks Dave.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Stay Frosty lyrics, directly from the Toastmaster General himself.....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/StayFrostyLyrics.jpg

fryingdutchman
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Stay Frosty lyrics, directly from the Toastmaster General himself.....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/StayFrostyLyrics.jpg

Just beat me to the punch...saw this on VHND too!

fryingdutchman
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't know if anyone saw the entire episode of CSI (besides myself), but they also play "Tattoo" in the strip joint scene...

Loons The Great
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
The minute and a sebastian haff I've heard of Stay Frosty has consolated mah mind! It's Led Zeppelin meets Black Oak Arkansas meets Son House meets Ram Jam meets Howlin' Wolf meets Mississippi Fred McDowell meets R.L. Burniside meets Tom Jones meets Lead Belly meets Eric Sardinas meets John Lee Hooker meets John Brim meets early Bob Dylan meets Buddy Guy meets Johnny Winter meets The Who...with a dash of Shecky Green, Ol' Blue Eyes, & Jolson...Great God A'mighty...whooooooooOOOOOOooo...this is the greates' blues boogie in the history of them blues...90 seconds has nearly ruined me for all other songs...the whole song might just give me heart palpitations...WHOA...Steve Martin said talking about music is akin to dancing about architecture...this song...so far...defies explanation...if they plays this tune live WHOA GOD DAMN GEE BY THE LAMB...I say God Damn!!...Law'd have mercy on this poor boi's soul...welcome back to Tobacco Road, y'all...welcome to Bluesville...welcome to the crossroads of Highway 49 and 61, son...damn...mind-roastin, champanya toastin electric boogie woogie nah nah yezz yezz!! Bring on 2/7/12 nah alright!!!!!!

VAiN
01-30-2012, 07:15 PM
This is a great song.. I love it. Just so fucking Dave!!

Matt White
01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Always good to see ya Loons!!!

Fairwrning
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
This is my fave so far....Tattoo has grown on me but this is the shit right here..and China Town has kick...and Trouble with never..and,shit...this CD is gonna be awesome..I seriously feel like Im 14 again and waiting on " Fair Warning" just knowing its gonna be badass!!

Matt White
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
And yeah...that bit of "STAY FROSTY" gets better every time I hear it....................

I am starting to believe DAVE was right.....this CD is gonna "Stop the hands on the clock"!!!!

VAiN
01-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm of the opinion that this album is very, very solid.. everything I've heard is upbeat and aggressive.. They're back and you bes get the fuck out of the way.

fifth element
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm of the opinion that this album is very, very solid.. everything I've heard is upbeat and aggressive.. They're back and you bes get the fuck out of the way.

I'll say "ditto" since i can't say it any better than you did, VAiN

fryingdutchman
01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
For some reason, I'm not totally on board with "Stay Frosty" yet.

It's definitely a grower for me, and once it kicks into gear it really rocks.

But the early parts of the song seem a little rough. I know it's a blues riff and Dave is jamming along, but it sometimes sounds like he's trying to jam too many lyrics in at once, and then the "Stay Frosty" comes in a little late and "rushed." Anyone else picking that up?

Seshmeister
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
There is something funny about the timing on the acoustic part but I think it's deliberate.

fryingdutchman
01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
There is something funny about the timing on the acoustic part but I think it's deliberate.

I agree with ya Sesh...it very likely is deliberate.

But it causes an issue for me for some reason.

On the other hand, part of the charm of CVH has been the whimsical "fuck it" attitude and just let the tape roll...so I'll look at it from that perspective.

DLR Bridge
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM

But the early parts of the song seem a little rough. I know it's a blues riff and Dave is jamming along, but it sometimes sounds like he's trying to jam too many lyrics in at once, and then the "Stay Frosty" comes in a little late and "rushed." Anyone else picking that up?

I agree that vocally, it's an aweful lot crammed in a tight spot, but I also think in about 6 months time, we'll all be singing along with it like we've known the song for years. I love that all of their songs are either "growers" or dynamite right out of the gate. They are for the most part, incapable of producing a clunker. I'm, ofcoarse talking about the band with Dave and Ed at the helm exclusively.

hain23x
01-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Great lyrics!! Not exactly a straight 1-4-5 either. One of the better sings on the disc imo

Momshell
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Still my fave, at least so far! Can't stop listening and singing all over the house. I've even got my 3 year old saying "stay frosty!!"

if6was9
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I can't stop singing "Stay Frosty". It's so addictive.

Loons The Great
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh hot damn this a herre is mah jam!

Van Roth...they have done the impossible...they've trampled on impossibility...they gone and outdone ICE CREAM MAN!!!!!!

OH MY GAWD! LAWD LAWD LAWD!!!!!!

David Lee Roth is the greatest lyricist in the history of the sport!!

I want this song to be played when I renew my vows with my honeybabysugarsweetiedollmama wifey, when we skydive, when we buy a trip to outta space from Richard Branson, and at mah funeral when they begin to lower me down!!!!!!

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!!!!

FUCKIN ACES!!

FUCKIN EPIC!!

Money!!

I'm gwine a tell y'all bout somethin I know...money beats soul e'ry time!!!!!!!

This song is the King Bee Bee's Knees!!!

This song goes ham!!

This tune ain't playin'!!

This cut is really, really pissin' off Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler, and Chris Robinson!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

FUCK YAH!!!!!

VAiN
02-05-2012, 09:08 PM
The 2nd solo is Ed on slide, right?

SNIPER
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
The 2nd solo is Ed on slide, right?

Kind of. Little slide thing then goes back to blues riff for a short time then blam! 2nd solo

VAiN
02-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Kind of. Little slide thing then goes back to blues riff for a short time then blam! 2nd solo

Cool.. sounded like slide to me, but you can never be too sure with Ed..

SNIPER
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I can get that sound while sliding up and fretting all the notes and lots of vibrato. Not sure thats a slide he is using but it sounds like one. It might be. I dunno. Ha!

SNIPER
02-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Kind of like what Ed does at the end of "Summer Nights"

ELVIS
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
It sure beats Ice Cream Man 2...

VanHalener
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't even know where to begin, so I'll kick the tires here.

Kick ass!
The bass, the vocals, the guitar, Alex...

Holy shit, man...

Am I dreaming?

VanHalener
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
This song makes me frisky, baby.

You better stand back.

Mr Walker
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
The term 'Stay Frosty' is going to do to the blogosphere what 'Bababoey' has done to live newscasts. In only a few days, I've seen it pop up in some funny places.

Mr Walker
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
##########

Terry
02-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Yeah...a little bit...however, if it didn't have the rushed quality it would have sounded a bit TOO much like a ripoff of Ice Cream Man, rather than like an homage...

Many of the lyrics are grin-inducingly silly, but once it kicks into gear when the band first joins in...I just can't stop smiling.

Dave lets a great scream rip toward the the end of tune while Ed is soloing...although undoubtedly Calderone will say said scream was a case of the band sampling it from one of the 6 pack albums:winkglasses:

ODShowtime
02-12-2012, 10:08 AM
yeah this is 100% exactly what it is all about. This is like Van Halen Hashish. The best part distilled down into a little chunk. This what we've all been waiting for for 25 years. Stay Fuckin Frosty Motherfuckers!

Badass down home blues that kicks into a huge stomp with a great tagline! I want to stay frostiest the most! Fuck ya man! Van fuckin' Halen! Fuck! I can't believe they actually made a song like this. So fuckin' stoked to play it all summer long.

IceCreamBlondie
02-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Badass down home blues that kicks into a huge stomp with a great tagline! I want to stay frostiest the most! Fuck ya man! Van fuckin' Halen! Fuck! I can't believe they actually made a song like this. So fuckin' stoked to play it all summer long.

I can't top that quote. I just love Stay Frosty....packs a helluva wallop when then rest of the band kicks in!! Im Staying Frosty right now, dammit!

Sensible Shoes
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Can't believe I didn't respond in the thread about my favoritest song -- Down home blues and boogie and some of the damndest lyrics on the whole album. LOVE IT.

Green Manalishi
02-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Best damn tune on the whole album! Hit me right between the ears first time I listened to it .

Definitely my favorite ! This tune is very Dave . I gotta mention this , the sound quality of this album

kicks almighty ass ! It just fills my entire truck cab with sonic , bombastic NOIZE !

Well done =VH= , well done !

LW-Viper
02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I like this song it's unique ...I like the new CD

Catfish
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
This song is fucken magical. It's one of the best things VH ever did, period. The Rolling Stone reviewer said it's "4 minutes of why VH is awesome." I saw on iTunes that other than Tattoo (which people bought because it was the single), it's the top-selling song on the album.

I think DLR's "ow-ow-ows" are brought to the front a wee-bit too much, but that's my only beef here. His bluesy voice--which cannot be duplicated--is on fully display and when the electric and acoustic guitars smash together, it's boner time. The ending is phenomenal, as well. Great number!

Catfish
02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Do we know if it's DLR playing the acoustic? I'd like to think that's him--it's certainly his sound. If it is him, I hold out hope that it can be done live.

rocking ron
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah like I've mentioned before, a short acoustical thing during the show with STAY FROSTY , TAKE YOUR WHISKY HOME/COULD THIS BE MAGIC ...........

must be DAMN GOOD (times)

chi-town324
02-18-2012, 02:15 PM
my friend told me his 6 yr old son requested stay frosty in the car on the way to school yesterday...said they played it 3 times!!!...LOL

vandeleur
02-18-2012, 02:32 PM
my friend told me his 6 yr old son requested stay frosty in the car on the way to school yesterday...said they played it 3 times!!!...LOL

cool :biggrin:

Calderone
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah...a little bit...however, if it didn't have the rushed quality it would have sounded a bit TOO much like a ripoff of Ice Cream Man, rather than like an homage...

Many of the lyrics are grin-inducingly silly, but once it kicks into gear when the band first joins in...I just can't stop smiling.

Dave lets a great scream rip toward the the end of tune while Ed is soloing...although undoubtedly Calderone will say said scream was a case of the band sampling it from one of the 6 pack albums:winkglasses:

Great scream , seems like its new , this tune kicks so much ass !

MJS_1973
02-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Stay Frosty must be played live on this tour at every show. What the hell are they thinking not including this song so far? This is an easy song for VH to do. Maybe waiting for their arrival on the west coast.

SNIPER
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Damn, My car is Frosty, forgot to put it in the garage. Have to run the defroster for a while. :hee:

conmee
02-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Played Stay Frosty on KOMP 92.3 in Las Vegas... other than sports talk, first time I've purposely tuned into FM to listen to anything since at least early '90s...

That is all.

Icon™©®

DONNIEP
02-28-2012, 11:34 PM
I keep the CD playing constantly in my car's stereo and damn if I can listen to anything other than this song if my 11 year old daughter's in the car! I love the song and I dig it more and more every time I hear it. I never thought it would be possible...but I swear, because of this song, my kid is becoming almost as big a VH fan as I am! She's already asking for a VH shirt....what's next? Shoes? Flip-flops? Dammit! There goes my Van Halen budget for the next month :thumb:

IceCreamBlondie
02-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Stay Frosty must be played live on this tour at every show. What the hell are they thinking not including this song so far? This is an easy song for VH to do. Maybe waiting for their arrival on the west coast.

I couldn't agree more. They should DEFINITELY do Stay Frosty for their hometown crowd in L.A.!

Stay Frosty, my friends! ;)

Zing!
02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I keep the CD playing constantly in my car's stereo and damn if I can listen to anything other than this song if my 11 year old daughter's in the car! I love the song and I dig it more and more every time I hear it. I never thought it would be possible...but I swear, because of this song, my kid is becoming almost as big a VH fan as I am! She's already asking for a VH shirt....what's next? Shoes? Flip-flops? Dammit! There goes my Van Halen budget for the next month :thumb:

Got my four year old in the bathroom going pee. On the other side of the door I hear the kid singing: "We came we came through burnin' fiiiiiire! We came we came through burnin' fiiiiiire!"

I didn't correct the lyrics. Figured Dave screws 'em up all the time so it's all good.

Catfish
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Stay on topic, Zing! :baaa:

Catfish
02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
When I drop Little Catfish off at school I tell him, "Stay Frosty" and he gives me his little \m/ fingers in response. God damn that kid is the tits!!!!!

Zing!
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
When I drop Little Catfish off at school I tell him, "Stay Frosty" and he gives me his little \m/ fingers in response. God damn that kid is the tits!!!!!

I used to weep for the future. Now I see there's a glimmer of hope in Generation VH.

DONNIEP
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
My daughter was in her room getting ready for school this morning and she's got her obnoxiously loud stereo cranked - yes, most of the time I let her play it as loud as she freakin' wants - and what do I hear come blaring through the house? Yep, Stay Frosty. On repeat. She bought it off itunes this morning, with her own money of course. Normally I have to approve all purchases - hey, you gotta stay on top of things - and so she says to me, "I went ahead and bought Stay Frosty, I knew you wouldn't mind" and she's grinning away :) And I said "you can download any Van Halen songs/albums you want to." And she said, "yeah, but I'm not buying any of that Sammy stuff. He sucks!" Ok, so maybe I've influenced the kid just a little. Ah, what a way to start the day...my 11 year old buying Van Halen music and playing the hell out of it at full boogie... :gulp:

TwoFoolsAMinute
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
My 9 year old daughter hates "Stay Frosty"...

... because my 11 year old son won't stop blasting it!!

Nitro Express
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
A perfect song to crank. When the band comes in it's like getting hit with a pile driver.

Sweet Irony
03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Stay Frosty.........Sort of like putting Big Bad Bill, Ice Cream Man & contagious rockin music in a blender and ending up with this tune!! Love it!! (And Jay proclaimed it his favorite ADKOT tune the other day...)

katina
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM

I agree with everything you said. :amen:

katina
03-15-2012, 09:35 PM
My daughter was in her room getting ready for school this morning and she's got her obnoxiously loud stereo cranked - yes, most of the time I let her play it as loud as she freakin' wants - and what do I hear come blaring through the house? Yep, Stay Frosty. On repeat. She bought it off itunes this morning, with her own money of course. Normally I have to approve all purchases - hey, you gotta stay on top of things - and so she says to me, "I went ahead and bought Stay Frosty, I knew you wouldn't mind" and she's grinning away :) And I said "you can download any Van Halen songs/albums you want to." And she said, "yeah, but I'm not buying any of that Sammy stuff. He sucks!" Ok, so maybe I've influenced the kid just a little. Ah, what a way to start the day...my 11 year old buying Van Halen music and playing the hell out of it at full boogie... :gulp:

Good for your girl !!!:cheer:

katina
03-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Awesome :clap:

TwoFoolsAMinute
03-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I just heard Howard Wolowitz use the phrase "stay frosty" in the beginning of the Season 1 Episode 3 of the Big Bang Theory.

sadaist
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
This song is just too good and too VH to not be the next single with TONS of radio play. In fact I will bet hat in the years to come, Stay Frosty will be the song played most on the radio from this album. Just release the damn thing as the next single already!

knuckleboner
03-27-2012, 01:13 AM
yeah this is 100% exactly what it is all about. This is like Van Halen Hashish. The best part distilled down into a little chunk. This what we've all been waiting for for 25 years. Stay Fuckin Frosty Motherfuckers!

first time i heard it, i didn't much know what to think. after a few listens, i realized it was probably just my mind being blown. now i have to fight the urge to skip to track 11 (this one goes to 11!) every time i play the album.

it's like this song is van halen. loose and low key to start. a little to make you laugh, a little to make you ask what the fuck that dude just said. after a couple verses a scream to usher in the thunder. not one, but two guitar solos. in under four minutes i go from causually tapping my foot to lighting my pants on fire. van halen's back.

stay fuckin' frosty, indeed!

ELVIS
03-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Awesome song!

Recorded much better than some of the album as well...

devildawg
03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Kind of weird to hear Dave sing, " Trust Allah" in this song. WTF!!!
Look at the lyrics, second page at the far right column.

Im miffed at this.

Don

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2012, 06:44 PM
He refers to Christianity, Judaism, Buddism and Muslims in each of the verses. Why would you be miffed?

devildawg
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Because he says, "Trust in Allah". I dont know if he is coming to a conclusion in the song with this or not that is why Im miffed.

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2012, 07:05 PM
The sentence is "Trust in Allah, but tie up your Camel." Just a funny line. Stand down.

Mr Walker
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Because he says, "Trust in Allah". I dont know if he is coming to a conclusion in the song with this or not that is why Im miffed.

...but tie up your camel!"

It's great to have faith in a higher power... but when it comes down to it, you better fend for yourself cause 'Allah", 'Buddah", "Jesus", "G-d" may not have your back.
Even a dummy like me gets that.

Catfish
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
"Tie up your camel" is my most favorite line on the new album. I say it to Little Catfish all the time and he laughs his ass off. I use it as a life lesson: take care of your shit or you'll lose it. Like when I remind him EVERY-FUCKING-DAY to bring his jacket back from school. He gets out of the car and I say "Stay Frosty" and "tie up your camel!"

Catfish
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM
The sentence is "Trust in Allah, but tie up your Camel." Just a funny line. Stand down.

Hell you can break it down to the simple fact that it's the Allah worshipers are the ones who ride the camels! I love it--OK bud, trust in Allah all you want... BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL!

devildawg
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey just curious about what he might or is saying. @ Mr Walker your 43 yrs old and your insinuating that Im dumb? I thought that all this childishness ended in our late 20's?

This is why I dont post much on this site because alot of people on here (including you) still think its 1984. Meaning you were what, 15 yrs old at the time?

Too old for these attitudes.

Catfish
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey just curious about what he might or is saying. @ Mr Walker your 43 yrs old and your insinuating that Im dumb? I thought that all this childishness ended in our late 20's?

This is why I dont post much on this site because alot of people on here (including you) still think its 1984. Meaning you were what, 15 yrs old at the time?

Dude, relax, it's all good.

But you gotta admit, that's some stupid shit you were writing :thumb:

Mr Walker
03-28-2012, 07:29 PM

I said I was dumb.

devildawg
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, Ive learned that no question is a DUMB question. If it came off that way well, fine. I was just asking.
@ Mr Walker, wasnt trying to start anything but when someone says, Even a dummy like me understands" and yet here I am asking the question..you get the point?

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
There was some guy VA heard from that was never never going to listen to Dave again over the union reference in "Tattoo".

devildawg
03-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, I can see that persons point. My opinion, but that is a little too far. Again, my opinion. That person needs to remember that Dave is writing lyrics for us average "Joes". Whatever sells I guess.

Mr Walker
03-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, I can see that persons point. My opinion, but that is a little too far. Again, my opinion. That person needs to remember that Dave is writing lyrics for us average "Joes". Whatever sells I guess.

I like that Dave challenges us to think and open our minds with some of his lyrics... it's part of what puts VH on another level. I really didn't mean to imply anything toward you... I save my insults for the people who deserve them, like Von Halen and ZahZoo.

devildawg
03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
I like that Dave challenges us to think and open our minds with some of his lyrics... it's part of what puts VH on another level. I really didn't mean to imply anything toward you... I save my insults for the people who deserve them, like Von Halen and ZahZoo.

No harm no foul. I appreciate the comment. Ill be sure to look out for those two on the board!!

Catfish
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM
No harm no foul. I appreciate the comment. Ill be sure to look out for those two on the board!!

They're two of the most uninformed Van Halen fans I can think of. Both big supporters of Van Hagar (bought records, went to shows, sang along). For them it's Van Halen first, DLR second. Best to avoid them.

ODShowtime
03-29-2012, 06:26 AM
One of the best parts of Stay Frosty is that after being a big dumb blues stomp it's actually a pretty smart, symmetrical, philosophical song. Dave Lee Roth goes to the four corners of the Earth to study from the ancient masters. And at the end of the day he finds that self determination is the key. Shallow and deep at the same time. Clever but dumb at the same time. Light and shade, light and shade...

I need to just call off from work and go buy a new bottle of Knob Creek and just chill by the pool today. I've fucking' had it...

knuckleboner
03-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Kind of weird to hear Dave sing, " Trust Allah" in this song. WTF!!!
Look at the lyrics, second page at the far right column.

Im miffed at this.

Don

i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal...

Sweet Irony
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
"Tie up your camel" is my most favorite line on the new album

Yes! My first favorite DLR quote in that thread in VH/DLR Songs & Albums!! :D

Loons The Great
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Diamond Dave is the greatest lyricist in the universe ad infinitim. Far as yous ramble mothuhfuckahhh!!! Stay Frosty is proof that God loves uz! :0)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

devildawg
04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
"i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal... "

Nope, cause I was 13 yrs old when Panama first came out, smartass. Maybe you werent alive yet or still shitting your diapers but a Van Halen song is only about women boozing and sex, NOT religious crap.

devildawg
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal...

Nope, cause I was 13 yrs old when Panama first came out, smartass. Maybe you werent alive yet or still shitting your diapers but a Van Halen song is only about women boozing and sex, NOT religious crap.

ODShowtime
04-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Dude do you understand what the song is about now? Can you focus long enough to grasp why you started posting in this thread? The song is about not trusting any religion. The one line about allah is not an endorsement. Are we on the same page now?

TwoFoolsAMinute
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Wtf!!!!!

Zing!
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
The song is about not trusting any religion. The one line about allah is not an endorsement. Are we on the same page now?

Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel. It means no deity really has your back..think for yourself and be ready for anything at a moment's notice (ie: Stay Frosty). Duh. Even my 8 year old gets that.

Terry
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel. It means no deity really has your back..think for yourself and be ready for anything at a moment's notice (ie: Stay Frosty). Duh. Even my 8 year old gets that.

Really?

I thought it meant Dave's water bong was cashed and he needed to refill his bowl...

Zing!
04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Really?

I thought it meant Dave's water bong was cashed and he needed to refill his bowl...

Talk to devildawg, not me. Apparently I should have had the 8 year old explain it to him. I KNOW you get it. It's not that deep of a tune.

Angel
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
It's not that deep of a tune.

No shit. Shows the level of paranoia. People hear "allah" and think the terrorists are coming....geez, it's just another word for a mythical creation.

Nitro Express
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
No shit. Shows the level of paranoia. People hear "allah" and think the terrorists are coming....geez, it's just another word for a mythical creation.

Exactly. We have a federal government that literally refuses to guard our borders during a time of war. We have heavily armed drug thugs coming across the border scaring the shit out of ranchers who live along it. We have had women and children kidnapped and taken out of the country. The federal government not only does nothing but they actually get caught selling automatic weapons to the drug thugs in Mexico. Nothing is done about it.

Meanwhile they use the media and Homeland Security to try and convince us Iran is a problem that needs to be dealt with and radical Islamic terrorists are going to get us if we don't start another war or invade another country that by coincidence always sits on top of oil. Then of course we back Al Quaida in Libya.

Talk about bullshit. Nobody but the most complete brainwashed idiot believes the war on terror charade anymore. With the cold war gone they had to invent something else to justify the military spending. That is what it pretty much boils down to. We went from being a consumer goods economy to a oil/war economy in the last 50 years and it has to invent a reason to still exist.

Angel
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Stopped by the Links and there's talk over there of Stay Frosty being the next single. Someone posted a photo of the promo cd that has been sent out to the radio stations. :)

If true, hopefully they'll do more with the video this time. Hoping they made a deal with CSI...here, use our song and give us some stripper footage in return...

jhale667
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM

You DO realize you're an idiot, yes? :rolleyes:

Angel
05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
You DO realize you're an idiot, yes? :rolleyes:

Saw this on the sidebar and thought you were replying to my post, lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

vandeleur
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Daves lyrics work like they have always done on many levels , a line u think is throw away and funny is likely to bite your ass when u get it years later ..
One of my fav lines on the cd "Don't want 'em to get your goat
Don't show 'em where it's hid"

Classic Dave .. And I chose not to interpret it as about live stock ... Tho after seeing his sheep dogs :biggrin:

sadaist
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Saw this on the sidebar and thought you were replying to my post, lol.

Nah...we already know that you realize you are an idiot. But hey, knowing is half the battle right? Welcome to the club.

Idiot club - I'm not only the President, I'm a member.

Angel
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Nah...we already know that you realize you are an idiot. But hey, knowing is half the battle right? Welcome to the club.

Idiot club - I'm not only the President, I'm a member.

:lmao:

jhale667
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
:lmao:

private parts
05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Stopped by the Links and there's talk over there of Stay Frosty being the next single. Someone posted a photo of the promo cd that has been sent out to the radio stations. :)

If true, hopefully they'll do more with the video this time. Hoping they made a deal with CSI...here, use our song and give us some stripper footage in return...

Heard Stay Frosty on our shitty classic rock station last Friday. So I'm guessing it is the next single.
Our station plays only what is fed to them from Corporate Radio Death World.

ODShowtime
07-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Jesus Christ. SF has been a single for over a month and I just heard today? Great PR work guys!

Monkeeman
07-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Looks like they are not going to bother with a video for it either. I know the Tattoo and She's The Woman vids were nothing to write home about, but at least we got something to put on our Facebook pages to try to attract non-fans.

78/84 guy
07-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Jesus Christ. SF has been a single for over a month and I just heard today? Great PR work guys!

Sad at this pont. I thnk things might be different if Chinatown was the first single. It kicks ass but still sounds radio friendly. I like Tattoo but I can also see why people don't like it. I wonder if they were still at Warner Bros if it would have faded this fast ? Bottom line is cd's just don't sell anymore. Wonder what Slashs new cd sales are at, or a newer band like Shinedown.

Yount
07-21-2012, 09:13 PM
(extended boom crash rock ending) :theband: