PDA

View Full Version : Don Cornelius Dead Apparent Suicide

Mr Walker
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Don Cornelius Dead Apparent Suicide

Don Cornelius -- who famously created "Soul Train" was found dead in his Sherman Oaks, CA home this morning ... and law enforcement sources tell us it appears he committed suicide.

We're told cops discovered the body at around 4 AM PT. Law enforcement sources tell us ... Cornelius died from a gunshot wound to the head and officials believe the wound was self-inflicted.

We're told Cornelius was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

"Soul Train" changed the landscape of television when it debuted in 1971 and ran until 2006.

Officials have notified Don's family.

Cornelius was 75.

During Don's bitter divorce proceedings in 2009, he told an L.A. judge he was suffering from "significant health issues" and wanted to "finalize this divorce before I die."

Story developing...

ThrillsNSpills
02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
tragic

RiP Don

Matt White
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Peace Out DON RIP

SparkieD
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
That dude always seemed so cool, calm, and collected. Just goes to show ya never know what kinda demons a person's fighting despite the exterior.

ThrillsNSpills
02-01-2012, 11:19 AM
DC was not a hip-hop fan but despite this he had those kind of acts on his show and was gracious.

some new channel popped up on Comcast that plays Soul Train shows for hours each day.

twonabomber
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
some new channel popped up on Comcast that plays Soul Train shows for hours each day.

BET? :D

i think the new network is Centric. they ran the Soul Train awards last year.

and yeah, RIP Don.

FORD
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
DC was not a hip-hop fan but despite this he had those kind of acts on his show and was gracious.

Think Don got a little heat from some of his fans back in the day when he invited a white English guy on the show too.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbdlPM2NB0

RIP Don :(

clarathecarrot
02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Much to some of my hassles with the parents, if I could I would watch this, on I think it was sunday mornings, maybe saturdays when I was younger and needed some new dance steps. I can almost promise you that it was all lipsync, but it was great for what it was. Loved it.

Truly one of the iconic shows ever broadcast.

RIP

fourthcoming
02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow....R.I.P. D.C.

fryingdutchman
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
RIP Don. Sounds like you had a rough go the last few years.

Ain't nothing worth killing yourself over, but I guess you didn't see any other options.

DLR Bridge
02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
And now artist Mike Kelley kills himself. What the frig is goin' on??

hain23x
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Loved Soul Train when I was a kid. It actually comes on twice a day here in Lousivlle. Great music, dancing, clothes. It is a tragedy when people feel like taking their life is the only answer.

DLR Bridge
02-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Oddball VH connection to Soul Train. Anybody have the Pasadena Hilton boot? Dave, just before Rock Steady, asks the crowd if any of them watches Soul Train in an attempt to get people dancin'. Anytime that comes up on my I-pod, I immediately get this picture in my head of Dave as he looked in 1978, standing Next to Don. RIP

ELVIS
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
He was probably about to go to prison for something...

twonabomber
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM

so much for the "compassionate Christian" angle.

FORD
02-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Apparently the only "prison" he was about to go into was one of his own body. Word is he was in the early stages of Alzheimers.

IceCreamBlondie
02-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Sorry to hear this. RIP Don.

I remember watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings, too....

Green Manalishi
02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Back in the day on most Saturdays - Don Cornelius' Soul Train late in the morning ,

Don Kirshners Rock Concert late at night . Peace , Love , and SOUL .

G'night Don and Thanx .