PDA

View Full Version : Official 6/9 Los Angeles Meetup/Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
02-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Official 6/9 Los Angeles Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

scott b
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Flying out from florida to catch the mighty VH,any body else?

mmrrname
03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I'll be coming out to LA from Pittsburgh for the show.

mmrrname
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Free VIP ticket:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?65174-VIP-Ticket-to-Staples-Center-June-9

IceCreamBlondie
06-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Is there a Meetup for this show?

jhale667
06-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Is there a Meetup for this show?

There probably should be! :baaa:

IceCreamBlondie
06-04-2012, 01:26 AM
There probably should be! :baaa:

Where should it take place? Someplace at LA Live across the street from Staples? (Like the ESPN sports bar)

jhale667
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Someplace staggering-distance close would work...not sure what time BAntonelli and I are showing up...

:guitar:

IceCreamBlondie
06-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Someplace staggering-distance close would work...not sure what time BAntonelli and I are showing up...

Good call.....we'll find a staggering-distance place close enough at LA Live across the street. If anyone else is interested in a meetup before the show, send me a PM.

VAN HLN CA
06-06-2012, 04:13 AM
Funny thing happened today. Wife says you excited for Sat? That's an understatement! She goes on to say Fri was perfect so much better than the 3/7 shows she went with in 07/08 to her said perfect setlist balancing new with old. She hated Dave's Inflto Mic and props last round loving the straight less is more stage and just rocking, then For the 1st time cranks up the disc. Like I mentioned before she never liked Dave much from even the old days, said he was cocky and arrogant. Took her 20 years to finally Get Him. Now she not only respects him but admires his efforts from EMT to most fit frontman Ever. Only part we aren't agreeing on now is she loves Trouble with Never while she skips Blood and Fire, hit skip button. Had to show her the hair on my arms all on end and started it over! Must say very nice to argue about which song to hear instead of we're not listening to Van Halen, can tell she really wants to go again. Kings cap it off tomorrow what a run, and for a Lakers fan what a Celtic series, beat LeBronSquad and gladly keep the trophy edge with Rondo props. Been one hell of a week in Staples since last Fri, Kings wrap Wed. then Saturday will this be last L.A. Show? wouldn't miss it for anything. Hoping it's fact Bottoms Up was played tonight in San Jose. If TWN is gone for it & we get the Light Up the Sky SoundCheck it will be perfect for this MoFo.

Matt and I got itinerary today, we check in at 4:15 for what will indeed be the perfect Bookend to the 8 days O'Halen in the City of Lights Homecoming!

Are you excited? She asks.... Something like that

VAN HLN CA
06-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Good call.....we'll find a staggering-distance place close enough at LA Live across the street. If anyone else is interested in a meetup before the show, send me a PM.
That may be cool spot after, will not indulge until post show. Just learned the hard way from 1984 last LA show as CVH not tons of detailed memories ;-)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Pretty sure I walked through that place when I parked my car across the street from the Staples Center looking for Lakers gear in February before the Forum show.... Looks like plenty a watering hole....

VAN HLN CA
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
After seeing the San Jose videos Dave has really become unleashed even more. Now that the first show that really gets reviewed and over critiqued is out of the way, they are going to really give us some Ass Whooping that will can really include just about anything at this point, Dirty Movies, Fools or open with Loss of Control. Nothing would surprise at this point.
What a great run, 07/08 the only surprise was removing a song from set once Little Guitars & Dreamer? This tour it's what are we going to get hit with tonight, better, totally better As Is.

IceCreamBlondie
06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
After seeing the San Jose videos Dave has really become unleashed even more. Now that the first show that really gets reviewed and over critiqued is out of the way, they are going to really give us some Ass Whooping that will can really include just about anything at this point, Dirty Movies, Fools or open with Loss of Control. Nothing would surprise at this point.
What a great run, 07/08 the only surprise was removing a song from set once Little Guitars & Dreamer? This tour it's what are we going to get hit with tonight, better, totally better As Is.

I'm sure looking forward to seeing Dave more unleashed!! And if they can replace some songs and add instead Little Guitars, Blood and Fire, Stay Frosty or As is, I'll be in Halen Heaven!

IceCreamBlondie
06-06-2012, 08:24 PM
That may be cool spot after, will not indulge until post show. Just learned the hard way from 1984 last LA show as CVH not tons of detailed memories ;-)

Thanks for your thoughts.....

Anyone else interested in a meetup? Before show or after?

bantonelli
06-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Anyone looking to purchase a pair of VH Tix for this gig (6/9/12 at Staples, LA)? I have a pair of tix purchased by my friend who got them thru Azoff's Office when she got my tix (I'm going with Jay Hale and this pair of seats is next to us).

These are "VH guest seats" and will most likely be to the right of the stage (Ed's side). I cannot guarantee where exactly our seats are in terms of which row we are located, but as I said, these were special tix purchased thru Azoff's office, so they should be good, if not prime seating.

If interested, please contact me at berniceantonelli@gmail.com - email me and I'll get you further details.

VAN HLN CA
06-08-2012, 10:50 PM
It's fairly safe to say 25 hrs from now the City of Lights will be electric all around. While the guys are launching Unchained will most likely be same time Kings hoist 1st Stanley Cup so combine VH going off while Downtown & L.A. Live goes nutso across the street. When folks step out of the concert wondering why are people burning fires in the street and turning over police cars........Good Times Indeed. Glad I know those mean streets well in case we need a quick escape route, fun timing for all.

DAMN, so amped even more than last week. WE'RE iN FOR A VERY LOOOONG NiTE!

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I thought the "City of Lights" was Paris.

jhale667
06-09-2012, 12:20 AM
It's fairly safe to say 25 hrs from now the City of Lights will be electric all around. While the guys are launching Unchained will most likely be same time Kings hoist 1st Stanley Cup so combine VH going off while Downtown & L.A. Live goes nutso across the street. When folks step out of the concert wondering why are people burning fires in the street and turning over police cars........Good Times Indeed. Glad I know those mean streets well in case we need a quick escape route, fun timing for all.

A VH gig, and then running the Escape From L.A. gauntlet after...sounds like a party.

So this is love
06-09-2012, 12:45 AM

oh shit!!!!! I just realized you guys are winning the Stanley Cup on the very same night as VH is doing LA ....is that double dipping?

FORD
06-09-2012, 12:57 AM

Vancouver Canucks fans may be depressed that they didn't make it to the Stanley Cup this year, but I'm sure they will be happy to hand the fan riot title over to LA :biggrin:

sadaist
06-09-2012, 12:59 AM
oh shit!!!!! I just realized you guys are winning the Stanley Cup on the very same night as VH is doing LA ....is that double dipping?

Oh shit is right. Man. It's gonna be fucking live in LA tomorrow night. HAHA! Have fun guys. Can't wait for the updates.

So this is love
06-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Oh shit is right. Man. It's gonna be fucking live in LA tomorrow night. HAHA! Have fun guys. Can't wait for the updates.

....and Wolf getting updates in between songs what am I saying its an 8pm est starter ....no problemo

VAN HLN CA
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM
I thought the "City of Lights" was Paris.

In HelLA, some call them Lights others Angels, you can pick your own poison and call it what You want.

So this is love
06-09-2012, 01:15 AM
In HelLA, some call them Lights others Angels, you can pick your own poison and call it what You want.

In LA its got to be poison with all the pollution....damn last time I was there we didn't see the sun prior to lunch time all week....

VAN HLN CA
06-09-2012, 01:16 AM
A VH gig, and then running the Escape From L.A. gauntlet after...sounds like a party.

Best part is the sheep and lemming are going to walk out and think its CVH/Roth fans celebrating the final night at home.
Hey Mona, those be some rowdy Mother Fuckers ;-)

VAN HLN CA
06-09-2012, 01:21 AM

The real fondue dipping is that Sunday night down the freeway, is the triumphant Chickenfoot L.A. Show where at even 2/1 half Tix selling for less than face value at the Greek Theater. Staples holds almost 20k & Greek is less than 5k. At least Sam can attend Sat incognito...

So this is love
06-09-2012, 01:30 AM
The real fondue dipping is that Sunday night down the freeway, is the triumphant Chickenfoot L.A. Show where at even 2/1 half Tix selling for less than face value at the Greek Theater. Staples holds almost 20k & Greek is less than 5k. At least Sam can attend Sat incognito...

So sad for the Greek theatre ...its a great place anyhow....

VAN HLN CA
06-09-2012, 01:30 AM
In LA its got to be poison with all the pollution....damn last time I was there we didn't see the sun prior to lunch time all week....

Was that 20 years ago? Not much smog in L.A. Emmisions are more strict in CA than rest of nation so maybe it was haze, marine layer is typical throughout the seasons.

So this is love
06-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Was that 20 years ago? Not much smog in L.A. Emmisions are more strict in CA than rest of nation so maybe it was haze, marine layer is typical throughout the seasons.

2002 to be exact.....if you want more useless information from me....yes I convinced my wife to drive by 5150 and there was a for sale sign in front of the entrance at the time....and after this detour I needed to pee and I got a freekin ticket for a natural need...damn it!!!

DLR'sCock
06-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Have a killer show kids!

Momshell
06-09-2012, 07:08 AM
At least Sam can attend Sat incognito...

Then there'd be two riots!! Unleash the army on the actual Spam!! HAHA! I might fly into LA just for that!

Momshell
06-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Have a great time everyone going - should be a killer show!
To all my online show buddies - I'm most likely gonna miss this one too - going on a family overnight vacation to a local indoor waterpark/resort place. Since we'll be in a hotel room, I don't think the family will appreciate me click-clicking away on my iphone at midnight when they're trying to sleep! Of course, I'll see what I can do! I'll miss you guys.

Sensible Shoes
06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Kool, and the gang were on Leno last night and he plugged the show.....

jhale667
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Think I'm officially gettin' excited... :D

SNIPER
06-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I am gonna miss most of the show tonight have to go to a bros 40th. Damn!

IceCreamBlondie
06-09-2012, 12:01 PM

"Triumphant Chickenfoot LA show...at the Greek" :smiley-lol: Is that why KLOS is giving away chickenfoot tix? Sam must be desperate!

DAVE can sleep tight when he goes home after the concert tonight with a BIG GRIN on his face! :biggrin:

IceCreamBlondie
06-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm pumped and can hardly wait til tonight!!! YEAH BABY!!!! :thumb:

IceCreamBlondie
06-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Then there'd be two riots!! Unleash the army on the actual Spam!! HAHA! I might fly into LA just for that!

Hilarious!!!

fourthcoming
06-09-2012, 12:16 PM
"Triumphant Chickenfoot LA show...at the Greek" :smiley-lol: Is that why KLOS is giving away chickenfoot tix? Sam must be desperate!

DAVE can sleep tight when he goes home after the concert tonight with a BIG GRIN on his face! :biggrin:

Chickenfoot's second leg of their mammoth U.S. tour is going to be performed solely at Greek Diners all across the country. Everyone in attendance gets a free side salad with their meal.

sadaist
06-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Chickenfoot's second leg of their mammoth U.S. tour is going to be performed solely at Greek Diners all across the country. Everyone in attendance gets a free side salad with their meal.

I do like a good Gyro every now & then.

mohican
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I do like a good Gyro every now & then.

And throw dishes at them after you're done eating the gyro.

Light Em' Up!
06-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Happy Saturday & gig night to everyone! I won't be on here tonight, as we have a birthday party to attend, however, I look forward to checking in when we get home to see if there were any surprises for this second LA show...wishing everyone who is lucky enough to attend a kick ass time! Roth On!

comixxx
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm going tonight... First time seeing them since 1984 at the Fab Forum.

vandeleur
06-09-2012, 07:41 PM
roth on people

Momshell
06-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm going tonight... First time seeing them since 1984 at the Fab Forum.

Have a kick ass time!!! Enjoy every second you're there!

Nitro Express
06-09-2012, 08:03 PM
And throw dishes at them after you're done eating the gyro.

Or drink lot's of Ouzo to cope.

So this is love
06-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I wish you all a great fucking show CALIFONICATIONIANS..........A FIRST STANLEY CUP AND A VAN HALEN CONCERT on the same night FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :band::rockon::theband::killer::headbangez::jamthi s::rockit2::rockin::rockit::jammin: ROCK ON MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!:first::first::first:

Momshell
06-09-2012, 09:10 PM
They just played 'celebration' at the dance party here at the hotel we're in and I almost cried! VH has to make this break quick!!

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Gonna repost this in a minute.

chi-town324
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Van Halen night in LA ...doesn't get much better have fun guys!

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Here we go. In honor of tonight's show in Los Angeles...from a bootleg I own called "Listen Up Eddie" from June 21, 1981 on the "Fair Warning" tour..........."Sinner's Swing!"

Momshell
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Here we go. In honor of tonight's show in Los Angeles...from a bootleg I own called "Listen Up Eddie" from June 21, 1981 on the "Fair Warning" tour..........."Sinner's Swing!"

Holy shit that sounds awesome live! Never heard that...I want it! They have got to bring that back on this tour! Thank you...loved it!

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 09:59 PM
It's a good boot. The opening "On Fire" sounds fucking amazing. Should I upload and post?

RealTwisted
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Light Up the Sky if the Kings Win... Wolfie is a huge Kings fan (I'm sure he'll be playing the bass that he decked out in Kings logos)

chi-town324
06-09-2012, 10:04 PM
thats some killer shit..sinners swing rules!!!!

Momshell
06-09-2012, 10:06 PM
It's a good boot. The opening "On Fire" sounds fucking amazing. Should I upload and post?

Can't speak for anyone else. I'd love to hear it! :)

jhale667
06-09-2012, 10:11 PM
OK, we're here...ran late getting rid of Bantonelli's spare tickets and didn't get to meet up w/ IceCreamBlondie...right now B and I are paying too much for beers in the garden...

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Tried to post as "quote" and it didn't work properly.

Momshell
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
OK, we're here...ran late getting rid of Bantonelli's spare tickets and didn't get to meet up w/ IceCreamBlondie...right now B and I are paying too much for beers in the garden...

Any pix?! How are your seats?

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Van Halen opens their show with "On Fire" in Los Angeles, CA on June 21, 1981. This is from a bootleg audio recording I own.

VAN HLN CA
06-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Sitting on Deck smiling ear to ear!!!

Thought we were 8th row, oh no, Front Row center aisle of Dave and Wolf spot.
Life is more than grand tonight it's perfect!

Sound check first 4 songs and Wolf said tonight Full Bug, then light up the sky final SC song

Heaven in City of Van Fucking Halen...I am in happy shock
:-)

L8r All

katina
06-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Van Halen opens their show with "On Fire" in Los Angeles, CA on June 21, 1981. This is from a bootleg audio recording I own.

Wow, thanks for sharing!!! :)

Momshell
06-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Sitting on Deck smiling ear to ear!!!

Thought we were 8th row, oh no, Front Row center aisle of Dave and Wolf spot.
Life is more than grand tonight it's perfect!

Sound check first 4 songs and Wolf said tonight Full Bug, then light up the sky final SC song

Heaven in City of Van Fucking Halen...I am in happy shock
:-)

L8r All

Holy shit...front row! Enjoy the shock, and getting your face melted by the Mighty! Ain't no better place you could be right now!!

jhale667
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM

We're in the VH "guest" section...it's on Wolfie's side, but we're close, just off the floor! :cool:

I'll post pics on Twitter...

So this is love
06-09-2012, 10:45 PM
DIRTY MOVIES motherfuckers!!!!!!

chi-town324
06-09-2012, 10:46 PM
awesome J !! U LUCKY BASTARD!

So this is love
06-09-2012, 10:48 PM
FUCK I think I heard Sinners Swing just before the Face off just now ...please correct me if I'm wrong....or maybe its time for a refill OH FUCK NJ just won the game Damn it!!!

jhale667
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Holy crap, thoroughly enjoying KATG...and every girl in the house is going apeshit... GENIUS on Dave's part... :D

They're playing "jungle boogie" as I post this...

Momshell
06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Holy crap, thoroughly enjoying KATG...and every girl in the house is going apeshit... GENIUS on Dave's part... :D

They're playing "jungle boogie" as I post this...

Speaking from personal experience, I can say that Dave definitely knows what we ladies like!

So this is love
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
wtf the one night I'm free and no Lightemup, sniper or momshell updates:confused10

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Look who's tweeting:

Place is packed for the opening act..it's a #party #VanHalen @Roth_Army twitter.com/jhale667/statu…— Jay(@jhale667) June 10, 2012

Momshell
06-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I gotta go to sleep...big day of waterpark adventures with the kids bright and early tomorrow! Someone's gonna have to take over my YouTube responsibilies for tomorrow. I won't be home til late and I don't think I can embed vids from my phone (if I can I sure as hell don't know how). Enjoy the show everyone!

comixxx
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Just ran into a fellow army poster. She had the RA shirt on! Fuckin awesome.

Momshell
06-09-2012, 11:12 PM
wtf the one night I'm free and no Lightemup, sniper or momshell updates:confused10

Sorry man. I'll miss it too. See ya at the next one. :(

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
The calm before the roar. #vanhalen @staplescenterla @LiveNationShows @LiveNation_LA. #LALegends twitter.com/RadioVendetta/…— Joey Vendetta (@RadioVendetta) June 10, 2012

jhale667
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Look who's tweeting:

Place is packed for the opening act..it's a #party #VanHalen @Roth_Army twitter.com/jhale667/statu…— Jay(@jhale667) June 10, 2012

That would be me, yes... :D

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....YEAH!

Milf-fest 2012 at the Staples Center #vanhalen— LA Dook (@yousetthescene) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Going to see Van Halenwith my husband @genesimmons— Shannon Tweed (@shannonleetweed) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Gene Simmons is hanging out in the audience. #Vanhalen— Kami Garcia (@kamigarcia) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Gene Simmons just walked by me & all I can think is, "I think I have better seats than Gene Simmons." #VanHalen— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) June 10, 2012

Sitting behind @pattonoswalt & I swear Shannon Tweed have him the eye when she and Gene Simmons walked by #VanHalen— Derek Hoffman (@brghtidea) June 10, 2012

I will not acknowledge Gene Simmons and his blonde. #vanhalen #staplecenter— Andrew Themeles (@Themeles) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:08 AM
First show Tweet!

@Roth_Army Dave just whipped out a killer scream on #Unchained...they sound great! #VanHalen— Jay(@jhale667) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:13 AM
#EddieVH is ripping it up hard @LiveNation_LA #vanhalen @staplescenterla @LiveNationShows twitter.com/RadioVendetta/…— Joey Vendetta (@RadioVendetta) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow Staples is packed! RT @shannonleetweed: Just arrived at #VanHalen concert twitpic.com/9uru47— cameron murray (@cameronmurray) June 10, 2012

jhale667
06-10-2012, 12:22 AM
They are KILLING...and Roth sounds great!!

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM
DLR is still hilarious #VanHalen— LA Dook (@yousetthescene) June 10, 2012

Again! :)

Everybody Wants Some!!! #VanHalen twitter.com/jhale667/statu…— Jay(@jhale667) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
"Tell the truth, but tell it well" - David Lee Roth #vanhalen #staplescenter— Kim Sartori Kahl (@kimmisars) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Fucking REALLY?

eddie needs to give up the baton twirling already....#vanhalen— jeannine ramer (@jeannineramer) June 10, 2012

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Fucking REALLY?

eddie needs to give up the baton twirling already....#vanhalen— jeannine ramer (@jeannineramer) June 10, 2012

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAAA Proof that this chick is really into Van Halen.

Angel
06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
LMAO, sorry can't make them pretty:

"@TrevBlowzUrMind: Oh Dave. You are obsessed with your penis. #VanHalen"

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

chi-town324
06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
have another $12 beer hunny

Angel
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM

I tweeted her back. Said yeah, he should pick up a guitar instead.

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Chris from Foo Fighters:

Van Halen at Staples again... instagr.am/p/Lrialvp3st/— Chris Shiflett (@ChrisShiflett71) June 10, 2012

ALMOSTsaved
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Dick:

Van Halen Cardio Class: Old song stand, yell. New song, sit, cry. repeat until encore #vanhalen— Greg Behrendt (@GregBehrendt) June 10, 2012

Hardrock69
06-10-2012, 01:38 AM
The usual cross-section of fans, losers, idiots, and cry-babies. :hee:

Dan
06-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Good Evening All.:D

jhale667
06-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Dave's donned a huge sillly furry hat for "Jump"...lol

DavidLeeNatra
06-10-2012, 02:09 AM
gene simmons wanted to see a good packed show again, I guess...

Dan
06-10-2012, 02:17 AM
He Wanted To See ALL Of The Sweet As MILF.:D

SNIPER
06-10-2012, 02:29 AM
I am home and drunk. :peep:

comixxx
06-10-2012, 02:45 AM
They were great. No surprises on the set. Dave is still a true frontman. His vocals were pretty good. EVH's solo was amazing. The kid is better than MA. AVH was great. I thought the sound @ Staples was pretty shitty, sounded muddy to me. I wish an ALD or soundboard would surface so we could really tell actually how they sound live. The crowd stood up the entire time and was very loud and into the show. Women in the audience ate up Dave's raps. Just an obervation, the crowd was much older than I expected. I am 43, but most people were between late 40s and early 60. Oh, before the show, the guy who says he discovered Van Halen (G.S) was there with his wife. The crowd went nuts. They say way back on the floor, which I thought was odd for such a "superstar."

SNIPER
06-10-2012, 02:47 AM
$immons!!! omg!!

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 02:49 AM

Sorry that we weren't around...sounds like the show was kick ass. Looking forward to a set list and some vids tomorrow in the morning.

SNIPER
06-10-2012, 02:49 AM
$immons!!! Omg!!

not!!

Dan
06-10-2012, 02:53 AM
I am home,drunk and pants off. :peep:

How Rude.:D

sadaist
06-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt

"Oh, you lucky swath of leather..." -- David Lee Roth, before putting on his pants

Van Halen just roared into "Running With The Devil" and Noam punched a semiotics professor sitting in front of us.

And now I'm backstage. Thank you, @Wolfiesmom. You have not lost a micron of hotness. http://pic.twitter.com/iHlVgO6r

(always liked this guy on King Of Queens)

jhale667
06-10-2012, 03:54 AM
I am home and drunk. :peep:

I am too, and getting there! :D

Here's a snippet of Ed's solo... epic.

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151006862432246" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151006862432246" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Best part was right before he started, he looked down at the front row and yelled "I don't know what you guys are smokin' down there, but I'm high as a kite!" :lmao:

jhale667
06-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Here's the intro and a bit of "Unchained"

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151006884167246" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151006884167246" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

jhale667
06-10-2012, 04:48 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AvAXzzqCAAAIx2x.jpg

big fatty
06-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Sounds like it was a hot night for Rock and Roll.
whoayeah!!!!alright.
I wonder if gene simmons got up and cheered too.
Sounds like one of the best ones yet,but no BOTTOMS UP!!!

jhale667
06-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Sounds like it was a hot night for Rock and Roll.
whoayeah!!!!alright.
I wonder if gene simmons got up and cheered too.
Sounds like one of the best ones yet,but no BOTTOMS UP!!!

They kicked ass... B and I talked about it, only sounded like Dave had a bit of difficulty again on HFT and whatever followed that, it's kind of a blur at the moment...but then he got it back under control and sounded great. The band was kicking ass!! Oh, and I wasn't kidding about Eddie saying he'd gotten a contact buzz...mentioned it at the time...lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5e8pzSSq01qewlb7o1_1280.jpg

Carmine
06-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Standard...

Unchained
Runnin' With the Devil
She's the Woman
Romeo Delight
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Oh, Pretty Woman
Alex
You Really Got Me
The Trouble with Never
Dance the Night Away
I'll Wait
And the Cradle Will Rock…
Hot for Teacher
Women In Love
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Edward
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Jump

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Jump

Va Beach VH Fan
06-10-2012, 09:47 AM
King Edward

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
HAIL...

bantonelli
06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
One very satisfying thought is that Jay and I had better seats than Gene Simmons! Fantabulous Show!

sadaist
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
One very satisfying thought is that Jay and I had better seats than Gene Simmons! Fantabulous Show!

So happy for you guys. I noticed your good seats on 1 of J's pics earlier. Fucking killing me I couldn't be there with you guys :( Thanks for the pics & updates!

And Gene can suck a dick. Roth Army deserves better seats for VAN HALEN than that money grubbing prick. RA there to enjoy the show....GS there to remind everyone he "found" them. Ass. I wonder how many times he mentioned that last night? Would have been a great drinking game. Every time Gene mentions how he discovered VH everyone has to drink!

By 10:15 pm everyone would be out cold from alcohol poisoning and Gene would be rifling through our wallets.

sadaist
06-10-2012, 02:34 PM
@Jump video

I hate the part where it means the show is over :(

DO IT AGAIN! NOW!!!

ps - Dave rocked that baton like I've never seen. And he used both hands which is really good for those worrying about his fidgety hands of late. Means he still has total control and just can't sit the fuck still. WOOT!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

jhale667
06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
OK, though I'm still in post-VH afterglow mode, have had a bit of time to recover, and here's my review/thoughts on the show:

First off, picking KATG - genius. If you've seen the feminine reaction up close (and you're not a total bonehead) makes perfects sense. All the booty in the building was shaking, perfect primer to a VH show! Looks like Ed gave one of their guitars player 2 Wolfgangs too. Great, tight, well-rehearsed band (much like VH in that respect), that put on a show that did not disappoint if you like their hits. And there was epic MILFage running around too, more so than '07-08 IMO, and more younger girls. Clever marketing indeed, Dave. :baaa:

KATG played about a 45-minute set, then the tear-down/set-up for VH went off like clockwork - their road crew is on their shit. It was interesting watching them set up Dave's modular dance floor - they mopped and hand-scrubbed it for what seemed like a very long time. Interesting from a former tech's standpoint - Wolf's guy walked out with the bass and checked levels from the stage, but I only heard Ed's guitar being checked quietly (not through the mains like Wolf's sound) from backstage/the guitar pit, and I only saw the guy once during the entire show for a guitar-hand-off. Dude's seriously incognito, but Ed didn't seem to have any technical difficulties all night, so he's on his shit.

From what Bantonelli and I could see, the place was packed - and we'd wondered since we saw some floor seats going cheap online, and the fact that the Stanley Cup AND the Pacman/Bradley fight was happening made us wonder if it would effect turnout - didn't seem to. When VH hit the stage the place went apeshit, just like old times. The band was essentially flawless all night. HOLY CRAP they're tight, that never gets less impressive the more you see them (I'm still amazed I got to see them twice this year). I'd heard complaints about the sound from friends last week, but whatever the issue was they dialed it out this week - the sound was excellent from where we were seated. Not painfully loud, in fact my ears are barely ringing today. At one point Dave walked over to our section pointed, smiled and said "That's the drinking section over there!" :hee:

As for the tuneage - which the set list has already been posted - the standard one, but FLAWLESS. It was amazing. And the interplay Dave and Ed are doing in breakdowns in songs is awesome. They did one in "Unchained", culminating in an EPIC Dave scream punctuation/band stop. I looked over at B and said "Holy shit, did you hear that scream!?!" it was old-school for a sec! He uses it WAY more sparingly these days, but he can still whip it out if he wants to! They TORE through the set like a well-oiled machine, so killer to witness. "Romeo Delight" was epic, as was pretty much the entire set - one mini-lull might have been "Tattoo" (for which Ed broke out the Red Stealth; no Charvels this gig).
Ed's solo - OH SHIT. The dude is on. If he did have a contact buzz as he mentioned, it only enhanced his playing. Gotta love the Jumbotron close-ups of his hands, too...it was like a guitar lesson!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526679_10151007809502246_638516111_n.jpg
Dave introduced him by his full name (instead whipped out the "Shreddy Kruger" reference later) even skipped a verse in "ATBL" to instead say "That was one amazing fuckin' solo, brother!" The entire show was awesome. Great band interaction too. There were plenty of laughs, smiles and hugs all around if they're not getting along they're all seriously oscar-worty actors - this looked like a bunch of guys having a blast. Sounded like it too. Dave was clearly having fun, being silly - looked at a cute girl in the front row (that got some face-time on the Jumbotron) and said "Is it too early for a booty call?" :lol:

I loved it, but then I'm obviously super-biased. It sounds like whatever vocal issues Dave may be having are seemingly waning - he sounded great 95% of the evening IMO, but still smart to take some time off if that's what he needs. Ed seems to have a headcold, was blowing his nose I noticed, and B thought he looked tired. But they were on top of their game and delivered. I want to see them again, hope they come back to L.A. on the eventual rescheduled 2nd leg!

jhale667
06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
A few more pics...

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/556821_10151006622302246_897989549_n.jpg

This was the "Is it too late for a booty call?" moment...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/229934_10151006633657246_2055290614_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/554723_10151006675687246_874767215_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252600_10151006764747246_948909066_n.jpg

jhale667
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Snippet of "Romeo Delight". :killer:

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151007950932246" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151007950932246" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

jhale667
06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
The "Hot for Teacher" solo...

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151008016797246" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151008016797246" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

sadaist
06-10-2012, 05:23 PM
First off, picking KATG - genius.

One reviewer put it well saying you know all their songs but are not sure how or why. :)

I hate KATG

then proceed to sing along to every tune. lol

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:39 PM

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM

big fatty
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
So happy for you guys. I noticed your good seats on 1 of J's pics earlier. Fucking killing me I couldn't be there with you guys :( Thanks for the pics & updates!

And Gene can suck a dick. Roth Army deserves better seats for VAN HALEN than that money grubbing prick. RA there to enjoy the show....GS there to remind everyone he "found" them. Ass. I wonder how many times he mentioned that last night? Would have been a great drinking game. Every time Gene mentions how he discovered VH everyone has to drink!

By 10:15 pm everyone would be out cold from alcohol poisoning and Gene would be rifling through our wallets.

HA HA good one.

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM

jhale667
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Way better vantage point and camera than we had. Also caught the scream I was talkin' about - and Eddie patting him afterwards like "Dude!" :D

I just watched a couple of my videos from the Henson gig again to compare to these, and gotta say...they sounded tight at Henson, but they're just pumping it here...the road-time has made them sound pretty fucking muscular. To use a wrestling analogy, now it sounds like they're coming off the top rope doing an atomic-elbow drop on your head...massive. :notworthy:

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
The "Hot for Teacher" solo...

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151008016797246" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151008016797246" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Not sure what the scoop is but the vids you posted are not viewable...any ideas?

jhale667
06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure what the scoop is but the vids you posted are not viewable...any ideas?

Ah, need to go back and make them "public"...thanks for the heads up...try 'em again. :D

So this is love
06-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I get goosebumps everytime I see the opening drunk or not! I like when Ed Wolf and Dave are in the pics for the Jam and Did you guys see how Dave moves along with Ed to involve Alex in the picture....These guys are for real....

Momshell
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I get goosebumps everytime I see the opening drunk or not! I like when Ed Wolf and Dave are in the pics for the Jam and Did you guys see how Dave moves along with Ed to involve Alex in the picture....These guys are for real....
I am totally with you on the goosebumps. I also had the biggest grin watching that jam. No other band comes close to these guys, and they looked like they were on fire last night! And that scream....HOLY FUCK!! :)

RedEye
06-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I am totally with you on the goosebumps. I also had the biggest grin watching that jam. No other band comes close to these guys, and they looked like they were on fire last night! And that scream....HOLY FUCK!! :)

Second leg dates can't come soon enough. After some rest and some possible retooling of the set list... I am ready to travel to see them again.

VAiN
06-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Second leg dates can't come soon enough. After some rest and some possible retooling of the set list... I am ready to travel to see them again.

I'm thinking the same thing. I can't wait to see a few more shows in the fall. I hope they play more/other tracks from ADKOT. As-Is would be fantastic!

EdVanZep
06-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh that jam in the middle of Unchained in fucking awesome

EdVanZep
06-10-2012, 09:00 PM
And damn that was a kick ass version of Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 09:03 PM

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
A different clip of....

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh here's a goodie....

Romeo Delight
06-10-2012, 09:14 PM
And damn that was a kick ass version of Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Please, please let there be a DVD...there wont be. But Damn...what a way to end that song

Light Em' Up!
06-10-2012, 09:17 PM

So this is love
06-10-2012, 09:43 PM
one of the most underrated guitar solos along with I'm the one...

VAN HLN CA
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Went to show as well, not bad.

So this is love
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Oh here's a goodie....

Fuck that guitar is ugly....Eddie I hate your red pants as much as that red guitar of yours....I give you good grades for you playing motherfuckr!!!

EdVanZep
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Killer version of Romeo Delight, Dave sounds great

So this is love
06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Dave with a mic stand is a natural...

SNIPER
06-10-2012, 10:36 PM
God damn Dave sounds good at this show!!

jhale667
06-10-2012, 11:29 PM
God damn Dave sounds good at this show!!

He really did. :killer:

VAN HLN CA
06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Went to show as well, not bad.

All Sarcasm aside.....

As far as Entertainment is concerned this was Unquestionably the best day of my Life!

From expecting pretty great seats to getting Front Row right between Wolfs mike and edge of Dave's dance floor and him spending tons of time in our spot and getting eye to eye most every song. SoundCheck Ed and Wolf appreciated how respectfully in awe we were, Ed grinned and posed all night. Priceless and so much to share but how without overdoing my run on sentence writing. So much the entire day. Everything in between went dream speed as well. So much don't know where to begin. I still am in Full Effect of the VH Ether. Yes I get excited in posts but this night really may be perfect in anybody's book not just mine. Another holy shit is sure used iPhone and Matt had cam, they let me take my bazooka in, still don't know how, maybe from entering at 4ish helped as pretty much kept it safe and covered all day for real purpose to come late set. Have a Nikon D300 on it a 70-200 mm so lets just say once the show was soaked too fullest I got great iPhone shots of Dave in my face, i have so many good shots and havent even gone to the gems from Nikon. Pretty much most vids checked out from You Tube and JHales first tweet were in. There were two cool guys next to us pretty crazed, so the four of us were loud and proud and Dave and Ed seemed to dig our die hard spirit, we raised hell big time, no standing and gawk like many in old clips we rocked All Night.

No Words, absolutely no way of describing last night and I haven't slept since 8:30 Sat morning so not going to make it far tonight. So much classics just from iPhone, the real camera will have history and I'm a good shot. Been out with family most the day feeling On Top of the World-there is just no other way to say it. Couldn't have planned the chain of events everything just came together magically the entire day and afterglow. Give me some time and there will be all time Masters of "The Master's" About to open the files, always wanted to shoot close and personal with real camera, logging out shortly to open presents. But sleep is in the way of much more happening tonight.

If for any reason never see them again it's all gravy now, impossibly outstanding in all angles......Last Friday was great, the Saturday was a top 3 all time for any CVH fan, it was all Right ALL NIGHT.

........... =VH= 6~9~2012...........

Is Instagram best for posting pics? That's another thing to work out later...

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Great reviews....KILLER SHOW...I will post more later!

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 12:25 AM
8827Look at what I found outside the Staples Center! Someone knows Kickass rock n roll!:muahaha

jhale667
06-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Look at what I found outside the Staples Center! Someone knows Kickass rock n roll!

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! :lol:

jhale667
06-11-2012, 12:49 AM
A friend just posted this pic of tonight's Chickenshit crowd..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547742_10150731510922706_1456970059_n.jpg

The Greek seats 5,700 people...doesn't look like they packed it.

Compare and contrast...Staples seats over 19,000...and I'd guestimate 2 if not 3x more people were already in their seats during KATG's set...:lmao:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252674_10151006535682246_814026594_n.jpg

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 01:20 AM
KILLER SHOW!

Where do I begin? I am still recovering from last night's glorious show!

First of all, the crowd outside was PRIMED and ready to go! Lots of VH fans, lots of Kings fans watching the Stanley Cup game in the sports bars across the street. Fantastic to see so many people in VH shirts, all pumped up for the concert. I took my friend with me who had never seen VH live before. I told him he was in for a TREAT!

As we settled into our nosebleed seats, and were waiting for VH to start, we noticed a large commotion on the floor below us. Everyone on the floor had turned around to see what was going on in the mixing / sound area in the back of the floor area. A rumor was up in our area ('cuz we couldn't see what was going on) was that Eddie was in the mixing / sound area. BUT, as I read here, that must have been when Gene $immons and Sharon Tweed showed up. Trust me, practically everyone on the floor had their smartphones pointed their way.

The show started out incredibly with Unchained - the energy they bring to pump up a crowd and start a concert lasted the whole night through. The energy that Diamond Dave and the mighty VH has just goes through the fibers of your being throughout the whole show. I was out of my seat most of the night, literally Dancing the Night Away.

A lot has been said about the performances of the individual songs, so I can't top you guys. Dave's stage presence, his raps and stories, and the way he plays along with the rest of the band is always great. The "fluourescent orange" mic stand was a great addition - - now we in the back can see his twirls better! Boy, is Dave limber as he bounces around the stage. WAY TO GO, DIAMOND DAVE! (I just wish I saw his Tattoo "asscam"! I was waiting for that!)

ED was ON FIRE. I'm not the biggest Eddie fan, nor do I play guitar, but man, he sounded tight and great. Just awesome. The camera closeups of his solo was great this time. And his one liner (one of the few times he addressed the audience directly) of "I'm as high as a kite!" brought the house down. Laughter, oodles of laughter.

Alex was good stuff. Steady and killer as always..... I just wish his drum solo was longer!

Wolfie, when he was shown on the big screen, looked like he was having fun and he was much more self confident than he was in 2007. Dave gave him a hug at the end.

My friend, newbie to VH, was blown away at how great the show was. I think we have a new VH fan!

What else can I say? AWESOME SHOW.....waiting for a TRIUMPHANT return to L.A. on the second leg of the tour! :winner:

.....and thanks to everyone here that posted!!!!! GREAT to read the updates and reviews! :thumb:

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Ya know, its a funny thing...after last nights VH show, there was a girl outside of Staples on the sidewalk passing out Chickenfoot concert flyers...... :hee:
Sam must be desperate for an audience! :pullinghair:

jhale667
06-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Ya know, its a funny thing...after last nights show, there was a girl outside of Staples on the sidewalk passing out Chickenfoot concert flyers after the VH show. :hee:
Sam must be desperate for an audience! :pullinghair:

Yeah, Bantonelli and I verbally harassed her for a sec...poor kid... :lmao:

Nitro Express
06-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Looks like the grand VH machine was in top form on their home turf and yes, Sammy and Chickenfoot do suck.

sadaist
06-11-2012, 02:16 AM
A friend just posted this pic of tonight's Chickenshit crowd..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547742_10150731510922706_1456970059_n.jpg

The Greek seats 5,700 people...doesn't look like they packed it.

Compare and contrast...Staples seats over 19,000...and I'd guestimate 2 if not 3x more people were already in their seats during KATG's set...:lmao:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252674_10151006535682246_814026594_n.jpg

But hey, why doesnt Chickenface offers drink holders in the seats.

sadaist
06-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Fucking LOVE how during the jam Dave pulled Eddie back to include Alex into it. You see Als smile?! HAHA!

Don't ya hate when you walk through Los Angeles and get chickenfeces on the bottom of your Bruno Maglis? SQUASH!

Momshell
06-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Oh here's a goodie....

"I'm fuckin' schizophrenic.....that makes six of us!" LOL - Dave cracks me up everytime!

fourthcoming
06-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Man.....that Unchained jam is awesome.......and Dave definitely belted out a vintage scream in it! I would love to see the boys at an L.A. gig someday.....would be so cool to see them where it all began. Looked like they really created a buzz out there this past week......I guess some things never change.

katina
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you all for sharing the vids, pics and reviews. :)

binnie
06-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd second that - much appreicated.

chi-town324
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
yes thanks guys it never gets old

Light Em' Up!
06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I keep looking for new vids of songs that haven't been posted thus far, but I'm not having any luck....

Light Em' Up!
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
This video is pretty cool. Shot from a distance, but sound is good and it's Unchained through Dance The Night Away. Classic Dave on the Illegal Evelyn and Rat Pack stuff...

mmrrname
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
"Pretty Woman"

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005896775535" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005896775535" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

mmrrname
06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Clip from "China Town"
Features spin kick from Dave.
<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005904985535" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005904985535" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

mmrrname
06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Eddie's solo

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005919745535" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151005919745535" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

bantonelli
06-11-2012, 04:45 PM
To sum it all up: BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN YET. The toppers were the narcissist & his blonde (Gene Simmons) sitting in schlocky seats for someone of his heavyweight status and Bette hiring young girls to "try" to announce/distribute flyers for Chickenfoot's circus appearances to VH fans. Tacky and tasteless move, Spammy.

kwame k
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
..............Bette hiring young girls to "try" to announce/distribute flyers for Chickenfoot's circus appearances to VH fans. Tacky and tasteless move, Spammy.

You have got to be kidding me:lmao:

mmrrname
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=VAN HLN CA;1661809]All Sarcasm aside.....

As far as Entertainment is concerned this was Unquestionably the best day of my Life!

From expecting pretty great seats to getting Front Row right between Wolfs mike and edge of Dave's dance floor and him spending tons of time in our spot and getting eye to eye most every song. QUOTE]

Did you see a guy with a DLR Eat 'em & Smile/2002 Tour t-shirt on the aisle? I was right there too.

jhale667
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Another interesting thing I noticed from a guitarist's standpoint, wish I'd been close enough to get a pic of it, but Wolfie's pedal board has gotten almost as big as Ed's! :hee: Kinda cool!

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
You have got to be kidding me:lmao:

No, Kwame, it's true. I too saw some young girl yell out "Chickenfoot concert!" and pass out flyers right outside the Staples exit doors. I think half those flyers wound up in the gutters outside Staples. Too bad sammy!

jhale667
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
B and I were yelling "CHICKENSHIT!!!" as we passed her...:lmao:

IceCreamBlondie
06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
B and I were yelling "CHICKENSHIT!!!" as we passed her...:lmao:

Right on!
:clap:

qikgts
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Every clip I watched was outstanding! Unchained was unreal! I can't believe how good they sound! Even DTNA seems to have found a happy meduim.

Thanks everyone for posting the vids. Those that went must have seen one of the best shows yet. It must have been because even Elbow hasn't dumped any sand in here!

VAN HLN CA
06-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Here is a shot from Sat. I really got great pics! Wanted to get something up before next show. ENJOY EVH in SOLO

http://media.use.com/images/s_1/4bc1e570848b5aeb4229.jpg (http://www.use.com/EVH_6_9_12_solo_4bc1e570848b5aeb4229)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
First Video off iPhone, Whoops screaming alert and initial cam shake....or mute first minute ;-) Goes away once figure how to hold phone and wall rail as Unchained gets the best of me.....
three more from iPhone Women in Love (lost last 30 sec's) Everybody (3 mins worth inc. lemonade story) and Panama (steady & non-interupted)...used another cam before Solo ATBL & Jump but the audio is heinous but great video with Dave in your face, worth the view for it. Dave's assistant was right under wall from us with his jackets/coon skin, turned out to be best for most Dave for the duration. I will hold off with the videos so not to take too much room.

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Did you see a guy with a DLR Eat 'em & Smile/2002 Tour t-shirt on the aisle? I was right there too.

http://media.use.com/images/s_2/35dd243e56c2df566bf4.jpg (http://www.use.com/Who_Dat_35dd243e56c2df566bf4)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Who_Dat_35dd243e56c2df566bf4)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Another interesting thing I noticed from a guitarist's standpoint, wish I'd been close enough to get a pic of it, but Wolfie's pedal board has gotten almost as big as Ed's! :hee: Kinda cool!

It is a rig, I'm 6'2" and could only see if tip toed so no good pics of details. Don't understand why the stage is so high. What is more interesting, its been recently noted that Al has an O'Douls keg over on Ed's side, haven't heard mention of the Heineken keg on Wolf's side. Both may be for advertising, who knows. These uploads take forever.......

Momshell
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
First Video off iPhone, Whoops screaming alert and initial cam shake....or mute first minute ;-) Goes away once figure how to hold phone and wall rail as Unchained gets the best of me.....
three more from iPhone Women in Love (lost last 30 sec's) Everybody (3 mins worth inc. lemonade story) and Panama (steady & non-interupted)...used another cam before Solo ATBL & Jump but the audio is heinous but great video with Dave in your face, worth the view for it. Dave's assistant was right under wall from us with his jackets/coon skin, turned out to be best for most Dave for the duration. I will hold off with the videos so not to take too much room.

HOLY SHIT that is awesome! Looks like you had an amazing view of an amazing show! Can't wait to see the rest of the vids and pix of Dave (:)). By the way, take up as much room as you need!!!

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:41 AM
How bout some Women in Love without the obnoxious screams????

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
HOLY SHIT that is awesome! Looks like you had an amazing view of an amazing show! Can't wait to see the rest of the vids and pix of Dave (:)). By the way, take up as much room as you need!!!

Dont think it would work, I'd get banned, Solo, ATBL, Jump lets just say i went overboard, yes total was in the hundreds thats all I can say ;-)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 09:52 AM
It is a rig, I'm 6'2" and could only see if tip toed so no good pics of details. Don't understand why the stage is so high. What is more interesting, its been recently noted that Al has an O'Douls keg over on Ed's side, haven't heard mention of the Heineken keg on Wolf's side. Both may be for advertising, who knows. These uploads take forever.......

http://media.use.com/images/s_2/a1e791fda8c9dfb88bd0.jpg (http://www.use.com/AVH_Taps_a1e791fda8c9dfb88bd0)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/AVH_Taps_a1e791fda8c9dfb88bd0)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Dave's aid, right over our wall....
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/0c743a23c7c34f106b81.jpg (http://www.use.com/Daves_Aid_0c743a23c7c34f106b81)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Daves_Aid_0c743a23c7c34f106b81)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 10:25 AM
PANAMA HD via iPHONE
http://youtu.be/jkQ4tmhqAUY

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
From the back-up cam, medium quality.

http://media.use.com/images/s_2/33d94c398438e0b5db41.jpg (http://www.use.com/DaveShell_33d94c398438e0b5db41)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/DaveShell_33d94c398438e0b5db41)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Eddie's solo

Right at 6:45 is one of my favorite shots as he smiles right into the lens, here it is...

http://media.use.com/images/s_2/0efb59ea5a2124fd0c71.jpg (http://www.use.com/Ed_smiling_after_Cathedral_w_watermark_0efb59ea5a2 124fd0c71)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Ed_smiling_after_Cathedral_w_watermark_0efb59ea5a2 124fd0c71)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Everybody Wants Some Video
http://youtu.be/mww9qoUXVXw

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
While waiting for cool Hear About it Later uploads (horrible sound from backup cam/in case Nikon was blackballed), Vid is great so posting it. In meantime grabbed a few pics now that I can group, a 6-pack.

http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_1.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=1)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=1)
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_2.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=2)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=2)
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_3.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=3)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=3)
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_4.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=4)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=4)
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_5.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=5)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=5)
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/399a36429711a3552ca5_6.jpg (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=6)
http://www.use.com/images/clicklarge3.gif (http://www.use.com/Heres_a_six_pack_randoms_399a36429711a3552ca5?p=6)

VAN HLN CA
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Hear About it Later, poor sound but cool video....iPhone out of space, this was a backup cam had no idea the mic was so bad.

jhale667
06-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Apparently Kody VH got Jerry Cantrell a backstage pass... :hee:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5l13scRTq1qewlb7o1_500.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe Ed can give his robe to Wolf for a 2nd outfit !!

[ I keed, I keed.... ]

IceCreamBlondie
06-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Great pix, Van Hln CA!!! Especially love the ones of Dave "Doin' the Victory Dance!"!!!!

Angel
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Looks like Ed really did catch a buzz from whatever they were smoking in first row. :lmao:

scott b
06-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Definitely worth the trip from florida to see this show.They were on fire all night,god i hope they come around again in 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!