PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Season?

Oh who cares.

I start this every season so I may as well do for this one.

So far it has been a little boring. It's Hollywood week already and things are getting pretty good. No real stand outs for me so far. Jim Carey's actual daughter auditioned this year and got the boot in Hollywood Kinds freaky how much she resembles her dad.

Tyler has been funny as hell so far.

TMZ has this story which was funny.

http://www.tmz.com/page/3/
'American Idol' Reject Panhandling on the Highway --
Got Any Spare Change?

Who says "American Idol" rejects are a bunch of hopeless losers -- we found one who actually managed to turn his flash of fame into a lucrative profession ... begging for money on the side of the road.

His name's Magic Cyclops -- and you may remember him as the air guitar-playing bandana-wearing weirdo who fired confetti out of his pants during his audition in Aspen last month.

The judges unanimously rejected him -- no surprise -- but now he's found success outside the music biz, panhandlng on the side of a freeway in Fort Collins, CO.

Magic tells us, since his massively public "Idol" rejection, no one has wanted to hire his one-man band -- because "now people know I don’t have the talent I thought I had.”

But after reading an article about homeless people making up to $30k a year just from begging, Magic was inspired -- and decided to hit the road with a cardboard sign ... earning an impressive $0.35 his first day.

For the record, Magic isn’t actually homeless -- he lives at home with his parents, owns a car, cellphone and a computer. But he is kind of a dumbass.

Mr Walker
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm officially done with all of these shows

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm officially done with all of these shows

What pissed you off? Last years results?

Mr Walker
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Nah... I guess I finally got burnt out on all the AI, X Factor, The Voice shit... there were too many other shows to watch and not enough time or DVR space.

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Nah... I guess I finally got burnt out on all the AI, X Factor, The Voice shit... there were too many other shows to watch and not enough time or DVR space.

I understand that.

Sensible Shoes
02-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Idol is the only one I can stand - the judges on all the others are a bunch of douchebags. (Ha ha spell correct says "douchebag" isn't a word)

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Idol is the only one I can stand - the judges on all the others are a bunch of douchebags. (Ha ha spell correct says "douchebag" isn't a word)

I watch the X factor just because Simon cracks me up. They fired Paula and Nicole so who knows where that will end up. The Voice I don't like really but they do have some talented folks.

Dave's Bitch
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I own several Aerosmith CD's

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I own several Aerosmith CD's

This is good.

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
:biggrin:

Dave's Bitch
02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I loved Stevens performance at the end of the season.The guy is seriously cool

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok shit. Hot Humid and Happenen. Just like your daughter. :crickets: :lmao:

Dave's Bitch
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Dear dear Mr tyler :nono:

Jagermeister
02-10-2012, 03:34 PM
One good thing so far is I don't think I have seen an all cuntry girl singer. I am sure one is in the bunch though.

Dave's Bitch
02-10-2012, 03:41 PM
or waiting nervously in the wings,as they would put it

Jagermeister
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't miss tonights show. :bigrin:

ThrillsNSpills
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Season?

Oh who cares.

I start this every season so I may as well do for this one.

So far it has been a little boring. It's Hollywood week already and things are getting pretty good. No real stand outs for me so far. Jim Carey's actual daughter auditioned this year and got the boot in Hollywood Kinds freaky how much she resembles her dad.

Tyler has been funny as hell so far.

TMZ has this story which was funny.

http://www.tmz.com/page/3/
'American Idol' Reject Panhandling on the Highway --
Got Any Spare Change?

Who says "American Idol" rejects are a bunch of hopeless losers -- we found one who actually managed to turn his flash of fame into a lucrative profession ... begging for money on the side of the road.

His name's Magic Cyclops -- and you may remember him as the air guitar-playing bandana-wearing weirdo who fired confetti out of his pants during his audition in Aspen last month.

The judges unanimously rejected him -- no surprise -- but now he's found success outside the music biz, panhandlng on the side of a freeway in Fort Collins, CO.

Magic tells us, since his massively public "Idol" rejection, no one has wanted to hire his one-man band -- because "now people know I don’t have the talent I thought I had.”

But after reading an article about homeless people making up to $30k a year just from begging, Magic was inspired -- and decided to hit the road with a cardboard sign ... earning an impressive $0.35 his first day.

For the record, Magic isn’t actually homeless -- he lives at home with his parents, owns a car, cellphone and a computer. But he is kind of a dumbass.

thanks for the update failboat.
don't forget to crossdress before you turn on the genius box.

ThrillsNSpills
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
still smilin' Bridge. :)
see?

ELVIS
02-15-2012, 07:46 AM
:biggrin:

Jagermeister
02-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Well they are getting down to the final 24. Last night I wasn't really impressed with some of the people they let through. After watching this show for many years I can tell immediately who is going to suck. I think maybe two of the girls show some promise. I can't remember which ones. I hate all the guys so far. The other 10 get revealed tonight.

1. Jen Hirsh 2. Creighton Fraker 3. Joshua Ledet 4. Haley Johnsen 5. Elise Testone 6. Reed Grimm 7. Erika Van Pelt 8. Baylie Brown 9. Chelsea Sorrell 10. Heejun Han 11. Jessica Sanchez 12. Phil Phillips 13. Colton Dixon 14. Brielle Von Hugel

ThrillsNSpills
02-23-2012, 02:17 PM
American Midol

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Recap of last nights show. Fuckin Tyler is funny as hell. The hot 16 year old made the cut and her Dad didn't act like he minded Tylers comments about his daughter. He also went for a little swim at the end of the show. :biggrin:

http://tv.yahoo.com/primetime/steven-tyler-s-outrageous-idol-moment-28411431.html

ELVIS
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
The hot 16 year old made the cut and her Dad didn't act like he minded Tylers comments about his daughter.

He certainly didn't seem impressed, and neither was I

:elvis:

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Pretty long and detailed list of the top 24.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/american-idol-top-24-season-11/

ELVIS
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Your wife must give you candy for watching it and actually paying attention...:biggrin:

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Your wife must give you candy for watching it and actually paying attention...:biggrin:

lol. No I like it. At least I like it untill America fucking turns it into a popularity contest instead a vocal competiton.

gbranton
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I didn't watch the clip but that dude looks like the drummer for Steel Panther.

Jagermeister
03-02-2012, 04:02 PM
After last nights show I am no longer watching this crap. America is full of complete fuck sticks that wouldn't know a good singer from a bad one. And I am mad at the judges too.

Fuck American Idol. I hope it has the worst season ever and is canceled.

:finger-attitude:

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
seems only the racists on the site watch it.

Jagermeister
03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
seems only the racists on the site watch it.

I have just about had enough of your shit Thrills.

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
American Idol has a board.
say hi to Savicki

maybe there's a headset thread too.

Jagermeister
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
American Idol has a board.
say hi to Savicki

maybe there's a headset thread too.

Eat shit dick head. You need to change your AV ThrillsandjizSpills. It's tired, kinda like you, and gay.........

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
If there's no black people in your favorite movie "From Justin to Kelly" maybe it's safe for you to watch it.

racist

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
racism's just ignorant.
I'll never get through to someone who doesn't see that as obvious I guess.

It's kind of bizarre to say you won't watch American Idol because the black person won.
To each his own.. seems you missed plenty of better reasons to not watch, but whatever....

Jagermeister
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM
racism's just ignorant.
I'll never get through to someone who doesn't see that as obvious I guess.

It's kind of bizarre to say you won't watch American Idol because the black person won.
To each his own.. seems you missed plenty of better reasons to not watch, but whatever....

Why are you trying to make this about race? I'm not angry that the black dude got in I'm angry because he wasn't good enough to get in. Shut up and get a life donkey breath. You calling me a racist and what you think of me doesn't matter to me at all in the slightest.

Try something different.

Dan
03-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I Think You Should Get A Room With Elvis.:D

Just saying.:hitch:

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Try something different.

Alright. How am I gay if you sit and watch Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken?

Also, is it just blacks or do you expand your horizons to hate the occasional Latino?

Dan
03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
We Are Waiting?

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I Think You Should Get A Room With Elvis.:D

Just saying.:hitch:

I'm guessing you mean in addition to the meetings?

ashstralia
03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
magic cyclops has watched 'spinal tap' a few times...:)

Dan
03-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Bingo.:d

Jagermeister
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
LMMFAO!

(TMZ) Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.
As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers. He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him. We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history. more on this story

twonabomber
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
meanwhile, Chris Brown beats the shit out of Rhianna and is still recording and touring.

ELVIS
03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Joshua Ledet is a real singer...

:elvis:

Ozzy Fudd
03-16-2012, 01:59 PM
WTF is up with Steven Tyler and the painted nails.. Is he a secretly lady Ga-Ga?:homoswitch:

chefcraig
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Steven Tyler leaving 'American Idol'

by James Hibberd EW (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/12/steven-tyler-leaving-idol/)

And the next judge to leave American Idol is…

Steven Tyler? Yup, after weeks of rumors that Jennifer Lopez might exit the hit talent show, Fox just announced that the Aerosmith frontman will not return to Idol as a judge for the show’s 12th season.

“After some long … hard … thoughts … I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit,” said Tyler in a statement. “I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band.”

Tyler then promoted his upcoming album, and added, “Idol was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it’s time to bring rock back.”

With his veteran rocker spaciness and somewhat creepy lusty comments about young female contestants, the 64-year-old singer was considered an entertaining and fresh personality in his first year. During the 11th season, however, the novelty wore off and he wasn’t nearly as interesting, especially during the live shows when he often resorted to calling a contestant beautiful and leaving it at that.

More than ever, Fox has incentive to make changes. Idol suffered the sharpest ratings decline in the show’s history last season, fueling speculation that the net would shake up its judging panel once again. For the moment, Randy Jackson and Lopez are still on the show, but that could change. Fox definitely wants Lopez to return next year, but contract negotiations have been dragging out for weeks, and the singer has been hinting heavily she might leave the show.

Meanwhile, Tyler’s exit will likely fuel speculation that the network dumped one pricey judge to help pay to keep another. Or perhaps the situation is exactly as Fox says: Tyler is choosing to leave. Anyway, here’s how the network reacted: “It’s been a tremendous honor to have Steven – one of the most prolific artists in the world – on American Idol for the past two seasons,” said Mike Darnell, president of alternative programming at Fox, in a statement. “He’s been a terrific judge, a true friend and great mentor to everyone involved with the show, and we know he’ll continue to be a huge inspiration to Idol hopefuls for years to come. We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music. We all wish him all the best and would love to have him back on the show anytime.”

Mr Walker
07-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Better to quit than be fired... he must have saw the writing on the wall.

fryingdutchman
07-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Better to quit than be fired... he must have saw the writing on the wall.

The same can be said for the entire show. It's time to shut "Idol" down.

When names like Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis get thrown into the judging pool, it's time to call it quits. Granted that's a report from TMZ, but still....

No self-respecting musician/singer/artist would allow themselves to be judged by those guys.

Satan
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I've read elsewhere that Tyler also said he was "putting rock n roll first".

Well, OK.... but considering he hasn't actually done that since "Done With Mirrors", I'll believe it when I see it. Or at least hear it.

jhale667
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Geez, file this quote under "DUH":

We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music.

:rolleyes:

No self-respecting musician/singer/artist would allow themselves to be judged by those guys.

Certainly not in THAT context. However, I respect Randy Jackson as a player and producer, I'd love for him and Tyler to critique my playing privately... I could give a f*ck about J-Lo's opinion, but I like getting feedback from musicians I respect.

:guitar:

chefcraig
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM

The truth is, anyone with a shred of dignity wouldn't be going on one of these dippy shows in the first place, particularly one with the not-so humble title of American Idol.

jhale667
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
The truth is, anyone with a shred of dignity wouldn't be going on one of these dippy shows in the first place, particularly one with the not-so humble title of American Idol.

That, too.

ThrillsNSpills
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Geez, file this quote under "DUH":

We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music.

:rolleyes:

Certainly not in THAT context. However, I respect Randy Jackson as a player and producer, I'd love for him and Tyler to critique my playing privately... I could give a f*ck about J-Lo's opinion, but I like getting feedback from musicians I respect.

:guitar:

What, you mean the song Jenny from the Block didn't make you want to run to your studio and record a song straight through from scratch!?

go figure