PDA

View Full Version : Unreleased songs from ADKOT

vanshipman
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I wonder if there will be any songs that didnt make the cut, or later released on some b side single type thing (do those even exist anymore)...would be stellar!!! :yo:

sadaist
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Seems like these guys always have extra songs after a recording session laying around. I always heard they did 3 in 1996 and we only got 2. Also they did several in 2000 that we never got. There's also the 5150 stuff they recorded before Dave left. Man....wouldn't it be great just to slap together a crude album of all these misfit songs on 1 cd? Megadeth kinda did that with Hidden Treasures cd.

Don't even bother producing them or fixing them up Eddie. Slap em on a cd "As Is" and we will love it!

Little Texan
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
If they have some leftover songs from the ADKOT sessions, they should do like Metallica did and release an EP of them to tide us over till the next album.

wolfsbane
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Sorry to be a downer,

VH has never done this in their 35 year existence.

Don't hold your breath.

Little Texan
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Seems like these guys always have extra songs after a recording session laying around. I always heard they did 3 in 1996 and we only got 2. Also they did several in 2000 that we never got. There's also the 5150 stuff they recorded before Dave left. Man....wouldn't it be great just to slap together a crude album of all these misfit songs on 1 cd? Megadeth kinda did that with Hidden Treasures cd.

Don't even bother producing them or fixing them up Eddie. Slap em on a cd "As Is" and we will love it!

I'm hoping they'll do a proper box set one of these days and include all of that unreleased material with it. The one I've always wanted to hear is Eat Thy Neighbor from the 5150 sessions with Dave.

gbranton
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Sorry to be a downer,

Don't hold your breath.

Really? They haven't? Since most of us here aren't too familiar with the band's history we appreciate you clearing that up.

sadaist
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry to be a downer,

Don't hold your breath.

True. But recently they are doing a lot of things they never have done or that any of us would have dreamed of. So you never know. Van Halen is a little like when you buy a lottery ticket. On the drive home you daydream of all the things you could buy, do, fix, people you could help if you won. Deep down you know it won't happen, but it's still fun to think about.

vanshipman
02-16-2012, 09:25 PM
It would be so great to get some leftovers for sure, and even some stuff they supposedly did in 2000. Im hoping they film this tour, and then release a DVD of the best show, or even best performance of each tune. It would sell like crazy.

SNIPER
02-16-2012, 10:16 PM
I have hopes that they recorded another album worth of tunes in the ADKOT sessions for another album release in a year. Yeah I know I am a dreamer.

Little Texan
02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Sorry to be a downer,

Don't hold your breath.

Metallica never had, either, until they recently released Beyond Magnetic, which has some great stuff on it that should have been on Death Magnetic in the place of a couple of songs on there.

rocking ron
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I totally agree with SADAIST, especially during the 'Dave era' VH didn't do anything 'special' , single, video(mtv) , album and went out on the road!!

But this time, after long silence they surprise us with a lot of different things we didn't expect at all!!

I also have the feeling there's more coming up, but.....it's still VAN HALEN, and after the upcoming tour it could be over.............so let's enjoy this moment while they're still rocking

together and can handle those fuckin' egos!!!

chi-town324
02-22-2012, 05:39 PM
i think old age has finally mellowed them all enough to keep it at least a working relationship

houseofpain
03-02-2012, 12:47 AM
We don't give wolfie enough credit. I think he's holding the shit together. Al's going to do whatever Ed says, Ed wAnts to play with Wolfie, and Wolfie is smart enough to know what songs kicked more ass and the fans want DLR.

atomicpnk47
03-02-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm hoping they'll do a proper box set one of these days and include all of that unreleased material with it. The one I've always wanted to hear is Eat Thy Neighbor from the 5150 sessions with Dave.

Yeah and I hope I live long enough to see it.....

fryingdutchman
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
We don't give wolfie enough credit.

Yes we do.

There's at least two threads here about Wolfie (and probably more that have been dumped or merged for redunancy).

One thread is titled "The Thank You Wolfgang Thread."