PDA

View Full Version : Guilty....But NOT Guilty??? Total Bullshit...

Sweet Irony
02-21-2012, 07:52 PM
So, last summer, a live-in boyfriend stabs to death a darling 6 year old in her bed..(while her twin sister watched!!) He gets his bench trial, and the judge deems him NOT GUILTY because the psychs convince him hes nuts. SO...he can be free at any time that he is deemed 'not a threat...hes OK now'...Never having to account for what he did!!! NY law has to change to "GUILTY..by reason of mental defect" so that, at some point, he might be held accountable. This happened right up my road--1st murder here in almost 40 yrs- (and that was a violent out-of-towner)

If you think the laws need to change, PLEASE sign this petition...I thank you in advance!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/laurens-law-2?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=own_wall

Seshmeister
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
But a week after Dwyer’s verdict left the courtroom in tears, Lauren’s mother, Allison Danough, and Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara believe this tragic case sheds light on certain aspects of the law that can be improved.

Danough believes Trebilcock, 30, was faking his insanity when he said God told him to kill Lauren because she was evil.

If your politicians say that God told them to run for office they aren't deemed legally insane so how come when this guy says God spoke to him then he is?

Either this guy is guilty or Sarah Palin should be locked up in an asylum.

Angel
02-22-2012, 01:05 AM
We don't have the insanity defence up here. I agree with you SI. Whether sane or not, it's a fucking criminal act...

Nitro Express
02-22-2012, 01:11 AM
If they started locking up the insane, 90% of this country would be locked up.

sadaist
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
If your politicians say that God told them to run for office they aren't deemed legally insane so how come when this guy says God spoke to him then he is?

George W Bush talked to God a lot. Many people do. I've done it. I think it's when God talks back to you that you're considered a nut.

Dude won't even dial my number. He knows he has way too much explaining to do.

FORD
02-22-2012, 03:00 AM

Works for me. Lock 'em both up. Chimpy too.

Seshmeister
02-22-2012, 07:14 AM
George W Bush talked to God a lot. Many people do. I've done it. I think it's when God talks back to you that you're considered a nut.

Dude won't even dial my number. He knows he has way too much explaining to do.

A philosopher must have made the point better than me at some point but I think it has to be true. People like Michelle Bachmann routinely say that God spoke to them in a literal way. If that is accepted but it's insane behaviour if God tells you to kill children then actually what you are saying is that God is insane.

If you accept the argument that God speaks to some people you can't dismiss the possibility he is telling them to kill children because children die all the time falling out of trees, getting run over by cars or getting cancer with a tacit approval from this God person.

George Bush said that God told him to 'tyranny in Iraq'. In doing this he used bombs inevitably leading to children being killed.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

ZahZoo
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Sound logic Sesh... But still a terrible tragedy for the murdered kid and family.

Back to the legal issue... In the case of criminal acts... virtually every instance involves a certain type or amount of insanity. I don't believe there's a tipping point that deserves leniency... If the legal system wants to include this game of insanity defense then the sentencing element should fit the crime. Kill someone and meet the insanity criteria fine... They go to "treatment" but never have an option get out.