PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Choppers hit a new low.

Nitro Express
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I told a friend a while back it was only a matter of time before OCC built a Donald Trump chopper. I was joking. They actually fucking did it. Unbelievable. Ok Donald. I want to see you ride the thing.

chefcraig
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
It gets even worse. In one of the most cynical attempts at cross-promotion ever conducted, American Chopper is featuring Paul Senior's appearance on Trump's Celebrity Apprentice this season as part of it's current "story" arch. At one point, after whining to Trump about his estranged sons, the Donald advised Senior to cut Junior out of his will. Seriously, this crap made it into the show.

On top of that, Senior felt it a great idea to exploit the death of his (step) mother on the show as well, by publicly creating drama with regard to how his sons chose to mourn her passing. Just lovely.

kwame k
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
What little respect I had for the show and them as people was eroded after the father and son split!

I still contest it was done for ratings!

Nitro Express
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
I remember when television had shows with real actors who cut their teeth on a real stage and later went into television. Many were former Broadway actors. You had clever script writers and it was make believe. This reality shit goes to the lowest of low and having the odacity to call it real when it's scripted.

These biker shows used to show the real deal. People tuned in to watch real bikes being built and the whole process and the rides were entertaining. Now it's a soap opera and then linking other lame shows up with it.

Nitro Express
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
What little respect I had for the show and them as people was eroded after the father and son split!

It's all about the money. If that dad and son really hated each other they wouldn't be doing a show together. I'm sure their bike sales are down due to the economy and plus, without the show, they would just be another bunch of builders and frankly not very good ones at that. I have yet to see these fools make a frame from scratch or hammer out a tank. They will be making a Disneyland or Kotex chopper soon enough.

kwame k
02-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, their bikes look so uncomfortable and impractical it's not funny......and I'm not talking about their corporate builds either.

BITEYOASS
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I remember when television had shows with real actors who cut their teeth on a real stage and later went into television. Many were former Broadway actors. You had clever script writers and it was make believe. This reality shit goes to the lowest of low and having the odacity to call it real when it's scripted.

These biker shows used to show the real deal. People tuned in to watch real bikes being built and the whole process and the rides were entertaining. Now it's a soap opera and then linking other lame shows up with it.

I remember back when these types of programs were called documentaries and didn't last several seasons.

BITEYOASS
02-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I wonder WTF will be next, a Guy Fieri chopper? :nono:

LoungeMachine
02-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Paul Sr. is a fucking douche nozzle fuckbag

:gulp:

Much like Trump

ZahZoo
02-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I blame this whole Reality TV business on Marlin Perkins... He started this shit back in the 60's with Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Same formula is used today... create bullshit concocted story lines and film it staring dumb animals... today they just substituted a different species... stupid humans.

chefcraig
02-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I blame this whole Reality TV business on Marlin Perkins... He started this shit back in the 60's with Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Same formula is used today... create bullshit concocted story lines and film it staring dumb animals... today they just substituted a different species... stupid humans.

Christ, we are old. I always found it amusing that before Jim Fowler stuck his head in an alligator's mouth or wrestled with a cheetah, he would take the time to carefully comb his hair on camera as Marlin Perkins would say "I'll wait over here in the bushes while Jim shoves an anal probe into that aardvark...", only to follow it up with an inane remark involving the show's sponsor ("Just as an anally probed mother aardvark reacts to invasion, so should you after a robbery. Mutual of Omaha is there to lend a hand.").

clarathecarrot
02-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Are you guys talking about the little old ladie that was on the show, has died..?

The one they took to the ball game and the pitcher let her wear his world series ring or something like that.?

The woman who babysat those kids and took care of them there whole lives..?

If Jr. didn't go to her funeral I may personally go up there and punch him in the face..no doubt get my ass kicked.
Sr. not going to jr.s wedding is not the same, that gold digging bitch that is always on TV that Jr married is the reason everything fell apart as soon as Jr started seeing her, he was ruined by her.

The Trump Bike is what a theme bike should look like outstanding.
https://plus.google.com/113706685772199090331/posts/LutGNrUnfMP#113706685772199090331/posts/LutGNrUnfMP

As usual Sr puts Jr's bikes to shame...I still won't watch the show heven't in a year or so.

clarathecarrot
02-23-2012, 11:07 AM
It gets even worse. In one of the most cynical attempts at cross-promotion ever conducted, American Chopper is featuring Paul Senior's appearance on Trump's Celebrity Apprentice this season as part of it's current "story" arch. At one point, after whining to Trump about his estranged sons, the Donald advised Senior to cut Junior out of his will. Seriously, this crap made it into the show.

On top of that, Senior felt it a great idea to exploit the death of his (step) mother on the show as well, by publicly creating drama with regard to how his sons chose to mourn her passing. Just lovely.

I agree with personal choice of how individuals mourn loved ones. I have to say if this was the lady they were all over on like 25 episodes with all the love for her they showed Jr has reached a new level of being manipulated by a dirty wife.

chefcraig
02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I agree with personal choice of how individuals mourn loved ones. I have to say if this was the lady they were all over on like 25 episodes with all the love for her they showed Jr has reached a new level of being manipulated by a dirty wife.

That's just it: You have no idea what you are seeing, as the entire thing is a giant case of manipulation in order to sell advertising, which is pretty much what television has been since it was invented. The selling point is drama, be it real or imagined. Who knows HOW Jr. mourned his grandma? More specifically, who's fucking business is it in the first place? Think about this for a minute: Paul Senior stands in his kitchen, bitching at his wife as a film crew rolled tape. Nothing he said was implied by video evidence in the episode, yet viewers are to believe what he claims took place? Seriously, if a local news team filmed a reporter standing at the beach, pointing at the water and claiming a ship just sank or a UFO flew over ten minutes previously, wouldn't you at least want to see some actual footage backing it up, rather than have the reporter pull whatever out of his ass?

I guess the only way to resolve this is to continue watching. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Nitro Express
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah, their bikes look so uncomfortable and impractical it's not funny......and I'm not talking about their corporate builds either.

They don't look like anything you just couldn't order the parts out of a catalog and put together yourself. You could do it cheaper as well. Anyone can order a frame, hire a painter, and bolt parts on. That's pretty much what they do.

Nitro Express
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Some friends and I totally did a spoof on that show. Marlin never did shit. Jim did all the work. So we had Marlin telling Jim to get him another drink and then he would narrate the show and then say Jim I'm horny, I want to fuck you up the ass. It turned out pretty damn funny. We taped it and played it for people and they would just be rolling. Basically Marlin was the lazy, abusive boss and Jim was the total slave gimp who got abused in all sorts of amazing ways. Then poor Jim would have to protect Marlin from pissed off natives.

clarathecarrot
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM
That's just it: You have no idea what you are seeing, as the entire thing is a giant case of manipulation in order to sell advertising, which is pretty much what television has been since it was invented. The selling point is drama, be it real or imagined. Who knows HOW Jr. mourned his grandma? More specifically, who's fucking business is it in the first place? Think about this for a minute: Paul Senior stands in his kitchen, bitching at his wife as a film crew rolled tape. Nothing he said was implied by video evidence in the episode, yet viewers are to believe what he claims took place? Seriously, if a local news team filmed a reporter standing at the beach, pointing at the water and claiming a ship just sank or a UFO flew over ten minutes previously, wouldn't you at least want to see some actual footage backing it up, rather than have the reporter pull whatever out of his ass?

I guess the only way to resolve this is to continue watching. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

That is some clear thought there Chef.

More than likely Jr went to his wife/lawyers/... and asked if, "The Money" looked right as per her instruction, for showing up at grandma's funeral.

And if my reading is correct why didn't Mikey, "The Artist" go to the funeral..?Paris Hilton has more skills than Mike, dude takes a couple hundred thou and opens art shop where he throws monkey shit colored paint at a piece of notebook paper slams that on the wall with a price tag on it. Does Mikes feeling about her also come from wherever his brothers lawsuit and head is at..whatta CUNT!

I still say Sr. is the only reason anyone cares about OCC or the Tutles.

I believe Sr is on TV, thru this economy to keep his dreams alive as far as OCC and that is probably the only reason he is on Apprentice, the money.

I believe JR doesn't go to his shop and build a goddamn thing unless the TV show is schedualed to shoot a episode.

gbranton
02-23-2012, 04:13 PM

This reality shit goes to the lowest of low and having the odacity to call it real when it's scripted. Now it's a soap opera and then linking other lame shows up with it.

I have a close friend who went to to dinner a few times several years ago with Sr and Jr in Myrtle Beach at Bike Week. He told me when they were having a few drinks together Sr and Jr were laughing about the fake arguments they had on the show.