PDA

View Full Version : wow.... (Halestorm)

Mr Walker
02-25-2012, 08:25 AM
I think I need to buy this CD today... and I feel really creepy about that...

Actually it won't be out until April so maybe I will have grown up some by then.

Mr Walker
02-25-2012, 11:19 AM
oh my god...

Sarge
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Not bad. They remind me of Avenged Sevenfold.

hambon4lif
02-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought everyone knew of them already...

I wanna do things to Lzzy that other human beings haven't even heard of yet.

A few years ago I went to a festival where they were opening for six other bands, and after their set I just left. Everybody's like "where are you going?" I told them "That's all I wanted to see. I got my money's worth. I'm outta here!". I wasn't sticking around for Chevelle or Theory Of A Deadman. As far as I was concerned, Halestorm already slayed those motherfuckers.

This is one of the coolest fucking intros I've ever seen.....

Seshmeister
02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Drummers are kind of odd people...

Mr Walker
02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I thought everyone knew of them already...

I've seen the name before, but had them kinda lumped in with all of those other bands that you walked out on that never really hit my radar. For some reason I decided to watch the video this morning and my jaw dropped... I wish I was a lot younger and a little less married.

philouze
02-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Love Bites sounds like Skid Row (Baz-era, the best one).
That girl sure looks fuckin good. Much better than the chick from Arch Enemy.
D'ya mind if I jerk off a little ?
Yeh, I thought so.

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2012, 03:59 AM
In general I think girls look silly doing rock/metal

philouze
02-26-2012, 04:09 AM
In general I think girls look silly doing rock/metal

Specially that ex-Nightwish singer, Tarja or whatever... She's just Ridiculous. The girl from Arch Enemy is quite goofy too. Lita's never been a great frontgirl.
Rock's definitely a man's game. I've never been so misogynist. Neh, must be my menstruations.

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2012, 04:24 AM
I think the new nightwish singer is worse,Anette or what ever the hell her name is. At least Tarja can sing.I think it depends on how heavy the music is.Soft rock and power ballads are ok but when we get into hard rock,especially into metal it is a definite guys game

philouze
02-26-2012, 04:31 AM
I think the new nightwish singer is worse,Anette or what ever the hell her name is. At least Tarja can sing.I think it depends on how heavy the music is.Soft rock and power ballads are ok but when we get into hard rock,especially into metal it is a definite guys game

Yeah, Tarja can sing. She can also blow me for all I care. But that's not the point.
You're right about Soft Rock. Pat Benatar still kicks my azz. Vixen's first two albums were good. Now, I have to admit that the first Phantom Blue record still sounds fresh to me. But apart from that, well yeah, metal's a testicular thing.

PS: let us not forget Lee Aaron, who knew how to not to fall into stupidity by doing jazz albums. Integrity, I say. Well done, Miss.

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
It makes me cringe when I see a girl fronting a metal band,Stomping around the stage and acting all manly,It just looks so fake.You have to have the attitude in metal and when you see girls trying to play the part it always seems they are trying too hard and it looks laughable.I cannot stand these literal attention whores who thrive on being female in a band.Does Dave Mustaine feel the need to drive home to everyone he is a man?.Jesus christ it pisses me off.a perfect example is the band Cycle Sluts From Hell,I mean what the hell is that???.Last i knew metal is not about whoring,it is about MUSIC

Nitro Express
02-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Her band bores me to tears but she seems like she might be a good candidate for a sexual adventure.

Dave's Bitch
02-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Her band bores me to tears but she seems like she might be a good candidate for a sexual adventure.

That is probably the image she want's to project.I say again,Does Dave Mustaine swagger around waving his crotch at girls in the crowd trying to entice them to his dressing room?

ODShowtime
02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
God I still can't believe it. This is the band I knew coming up and I would never have thought they'd make it but god damn it they did. On Atlantic Records no less.

I still remember the drummer RJ just being a little 10 year-old, sniffing around our gear and lapping on my drummer's nutz. The chick would run around these clubs wearing wedding dresses and shit and she was like 15. So inappropriate but she was always balls out. And we would turn our noses up. But guess who wins? Guess who's a rock star? Not me and my too cool friends. It was these guys, because they never gave up. And guess who's a fucking CPA? Me. Fuck.

Still blows my fucking mind. Good for them. Central PA representin'.

Mr Walker
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Love Bites sounds like Skid Row (Baz-era, the best one).
That girl sure looks fuckin good. Much better than the chick from Arch Enemy.
D'ya mind if I jerk off a little ?
Yeh, I thought so.

There was an interview clip where they said they wanted to write a 'Slave To the Grind' type song... they also mentioned a 'Lamb of God' influence to it as well.

Mr Walker
03-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Nice!

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/lzzysolo.jpg

Jagermeister
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
... I wish I was a lot younger and a little less married.

Don't we all sometimes.

gbranton
09-17-2012, 05:45 PM
One of my best friends just sent them an offer to book them in New Orleans, can't wait to see if we are able to put this show together.

envy_me
09-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I can't stand Nightwish or any of their former or current bandmembers.
But if you want fantastic girl rock, check out Crucified Barbara.

lesfunk
09-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I think that singer Rocks!

gbranton
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I think that singer Rocks!

I do too. Still waiting to hear back from their manager.

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 03:32 AM
Nice!

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/lzzysolo.jpg

OH MY GOD!

I just saw this thread for the first time!

ME WANTS! ME WANTS NOW!

NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!!!!!

*fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.......*

lesfunk
09-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Wolfie even does a guest backing vocal on their album

lesfunk
09-27-2012, 01:35 PM
oh my...

binnie
09-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Saw 'em at Donington and they were pretty good. That album is a little over-polished but it's got some cool tunes on it.

lesfunk
09-27-2012, 02:54 PM
She could pass for a county artist on some of those tunes.

binnie
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
She could pass for a county artist on some of those tunes.

Interesting you should say that. At Donington she gate-crashed Corey Taylor's (Slipknot) acoustic set and they a cover of AC/DC's 'You Shook Me All Night Long' - what a set of pipes! I was thinking as she was singing that there's a bit of 'country' there.

lesfunk
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
"Here's to Us" is a really a contemporary country single except for the dirty words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWCNvLGo3NE

Mr Walker
05-17-2013, 11:31 AM
HALESTORM Singer Doesn't Rule Out One Day Posing For PLAYBOY Magazine - May 17, 2013
Amy Harris Photography recently conducted an interview with singer Lzzy Hale of Pennsylvanian rockers HALESTORM. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Amy Harris Photography: I saw recently you did an interview for a Playboy series online. Would you ever consider posing for the magazine if they asked you?

Lzzy: I haven't really been asked that a lot. I was thinking about it the other day. I guess I would have to cross that bridge when I come to it. It depends what it is and what it is for and how tasteful it would be. I am not going to say no, but I would have to cross that bridge when I came to it.

Uh... I'll be back in a few minutes... :jizzz:

Hardrock69
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
*drooooool*

jhale667
05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
She does have one HELL of a set of pipes on her, holy crap....

binnie
05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
I really hope that the Playboy shit doesn't happen. The girl can sing, she really doesn't need to do that sort of stuff......

Mr Walker
05-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Can someone delete Binnie's post before Lzzy sees it?
TA!

Sensible Shoes
05-21-2013, 08:55 PM
DOn't they do "Freak like me?" I love that song.

Coyote
05-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Try this on for size...

Von Halen
10-10-2013, 08:46 AM
I love the way this band pays homage to the older stuff. She has one hell of a voice.

ELVIS
10-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I think her voice sounds like an Idol wannabe...

Keifer sounds good though...

ELVIS
10-10-2013, 09:29 AM

You need better glasses...

DavidLeeNatra
10-10-2013, 10:32 AM

before you advise someone to have better glasses...try these...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Hoergeraet_analog_050609.jpg

kiefer sounds like a vince neil wannabe

ODShowtime
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I think her voice sounds like an Idol wannabe...

Well the music industry thinks she sounds like a Grammy-winner, you ignorant buffoon.

And no I don't respect the Grammy's but the point remains.

ELVIS
10-11-2013, 09:20 AM
The music industry is a joke, you ignorant sheep...

binnie
10-12-2013, 07:29 AM
They've just released a covers EP which is pretty good - their albums are usually over-produced, but this is pretty raw...

ODShowtime
10-12-2013, 08:43 AM
The music industry is a joke, you ignorant sheep...

Go fuck yourself you self-righteous jesus freak cocksucker. No one here respects your opinion.

ELVIS
10-12-2013, 09:12 AM
What a dork you are...

Go watch the Grammys...:biggrin:

DavidLeeNatra
10-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Go fuck yourself you self-righteous jesus freak cocksucker. No one here respects your opinion.

really?

ODShowtime
10-14-2013, 06:29 AM
really?

yep pretty much