PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News. Ohio school shooting.

Jagermeister
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/27/shooting-reported-at-ohio-high-school/?hpt=hp_t1

kwame k
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Jesus Christ, man........

Why have schools shootings become common place in the last decade or so:(

Nitro Express
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Because the home situation and the media the kids watch have gone to shit. I grew up where families had huge gun cabinets in the living room and all around the house and we never had one school shooting. We also could take pocket knives to grade school and nobody cared. I blame gangsta rap.

Teen suicide has risen as well. When you don't care about yourself you sure as hell don't care about others. I think some of these kids want to send a big fuck you message to society before they off themselves to go to Satan's juvenile detention center to have Hitler and Stalin take turns shoving pineapples up these kid's asses so they can be loosened up for the Catholic rapist priests.

SNIPER
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I dunno man, but my soon to be wife is a school teacher and its a shame I need to worry about her life in what is supposed to be a safe place for all. This is bull shit!

DONNIEP
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
That sucks. Back in the day the worst thing that would happen at school was maybe a fight every now and then - usually over somebody's girlfriend. But now kids show up and start shooting. I don't get it. Such a tragedy for those kids and their families.

This isn't the place for this story, but it's related. Near the end of my senior year one of the other seniors starts showing up at parties and stuff and he's carrying this pistol. I think it was a 32. Anyway, this kid was a nasty drunk and it never failed that he'd wind up waving it around and being a general douchebag shithead. So a few months after graduation the guy is hanging out at the local boulevard where everybody cruised. And he's drunk as usual and starts running his mouth and decides to whip out his pistol - which just happens to be tucked down the front of his pants. And the guy blows off one of his balls!!! No shit. Shot one of 'em off right there and nobody would even take him to the hospital which was just a couple miles away. Served the bastard right.

Jagermeister
02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
[Updated 1:19 p.m. ET] A student who hid in a classroom at Chardon High School said that T.J. Lane, the suspect in Monday's shooting, "was a nice guy" who he never suspected would shoot anyone.

“He just came from a really broken down home and he was living with his grandparents," Evan Erasmus, a senior at the school told CNN. "He was more of a quiet type of kid. He was really nice, though, if you did talk to him.”

Erasmus said that Lane and some of the victims "used to be friends" but more in middle school and early high school.

Kid fucking lost it. Who knows? Maybe he was bullied for being a fag or something. Always have to watch the nice quiet ones.

Nitro Express
02-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Let's just blame Prozac and the pharmacutical industry for it. Hell. It's all Sammy Hagar's fault!

I mean if these little shits want to start shooting people, we should just take the little mother fuckers out of school and send them to Afghanistan but then why reward them. They probably would like it too much.

Nitro Express
02-27-2012, 05:16 PM
I dunno man, but my soon to be wife is a school teacher and its a shame I need to worry about her life in what is supposed to be a safe place for all. This is bull shit!

Schools are still way safer than driving to work. You have a better chance of getting killed by some kid text messaging or some old fuck behind the wheel than you have of getting shot in a school shooting. These stories just get a lot of press and they make a huge deal of it and the next thing people know, they think their local school is going to be the OK Corral.

SNIPER
02-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Schools are still way safer than driving to work. You have a better chance of getting killed by some kid text messaging or some old fuck behind the wheel than you have of getting shot in a school shooting. These stories just get a lot of press and they make a huge deal of it and the next thing people know, they think their local school is going to be the OK Corral.

I get that. ...But it all still sucks just the same.

Nitro Express
02-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I get that. ...But it all still sucks just the same.

I'm past caring about this shit anymore. I've become hard and jaded. Welcome to Mean Street and Chinatown.

Terry
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm past caring about this shit anymore. I've become hard and jaded. Welcome to Mean Street and Chinatown.

Between numerous stories of school shootings and spouses killing each other...or mothers murdering their children...I mean, it all is very sad, but I've gotten bombarded with so many of these stories that none of it is very shocking anymore.

Nitro Express
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Entertainment has become more violent over the years. Don't think that doesn't affect the kids growing up, plus, more and more home situations are fucked up. It takes it's toll.

SNIPER
02-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Entertainment has become more violent over the years. Don't think that doesn't affect the kids growing up, plus, more and more home situations are fucked up. It takes it's toll.

It used to be I want my MTV, now it's like give me my fucking MTV or I'll blow your head off man. :biggrin:

Yount
02-28-2012, 01:46 AM
The kid probably just needed Uncle Carl to get him into the new Van Halen album. He could have used music as a way of tapping and releasing the emotion. Scream yer lungs out kid, the crowd'll love ya!!

Yount
02-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Bang, bang. It's just too fucking easy. I'd go for 40 years of subtle psychological torment.

twonabomber
02-28-2012, 06:52 AM
i lived in Chardon (technically in an adjacent township, but still in the school district) for about ten years, until i bought this house almost two years ago. they caught the shooter at the other end of the road i lived on, about a couple miles from the old house.

don't know any of the kids involved, most of the neighbor kids were younger than high school age. it's hard enough being a kid, to have to go through that...just too much. it's the kind of area where you think things like this never happen.

news just confirmed that a second student died.

ZahZoo
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
It's partially the times, desensitized by violence in the media as well as an opportunity to make a statement in the media... hey look at me crap.

Pile all that up... but most likely at the core is a breakdown in sound parenting because mom & dad are too fucked up and consumed with their bullshit to put it aside and raise their kids right. Many, many families go through divorce and it takes a toll on kids. While it's damn hard, it ain't that difficult to focus on raising them with sound values and compassion for others.

All kids are generally good and you wouldn't expect crap like this to occur... too bad you can't seriously say all parents are generally good...

Yount
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
3 now dead, one other with brain damage.

Nitro Express
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I see how parents spoil their kids today and take a bunch of crap from them. I was raised under the honor thy father and thy mother system. Dishonor could rain down on you like a ton of bricks. It was best avoided. One problem is parents today totally ignore the responsibility of being the person in charge or they want to be the kid's friend. Parents should be parents and they should crack the whip to give kids the skills to fly the nest at 18 and make something of themselves. That's the whole deal. Train your kids well so you can get rid of them. There is nothing more shameful than some lazy 20 something that still lives with mom and dad. It's confidence and a work ethic and parents should instill that in you. If your kid is lazy, stupid, and attempts nothing because they have no confidence you have miserably failed as a parent. Also, confident happy kids who feel they have a bright future don't kill themselves or others.

I want to be the kind of parent my kids hate me now but love me later.

Good parenting is somewhere between "No wire coat hangers!" and Phil Margera.

twonabomber
02-28-2012, 08:26 PM
3 now dead, one other with brain damage.

the girl that was shot has been released. i think she was in the hall and not in the cafeteria.

shooter went to court and claimed the victims were random. he's back in court on the 6th.

DONNIEP
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
most likely at the core is a breakdown in sound parenting because mom & dad are too fucked up and consumed with their bullshit to put it aside and raise their kids right. Many, many families go through divorce and it takes a toll on kids. While it's damn hard, it ain't that difficult to focus on raising them with sound values and compassion for others.

Damn right. I've been raising my daughter by myself since she was 2 and a half. It ain't always easy, and sometimes it is hard, but I chose to do it and it's MY responsibility. Nobody else's - mine. And I get so fucking sick and tired of hearing other parents say "I can't do anything with my kid." Fuck that. Send him/her over to my house for a week and I guaran-damn-tee you they'll straighten up. Not because I'm some super-parent but because kids act how their parents want them to act. Like Nitro said - you crack the whip and teach them from an early age that YOU are the parent and he/she is the kid. And you love them and reward them for what they do RIGHT. You know how many kids would give anything for their parents just to give them a freaking hug or ask them about their day at school? Or maybe just some damn encouragement? I stole a line from DLR and my daughter has been hearing it since she was little - "If you wanna be a flower, you gotta be a seed." That's encouragement, DLR style :)

I'm not saying that this kid who shot up the school didn't have good parents. Some kids just snap. Hell, some adults do too. But I don't think we'd have half the problem we do with young people if parents would just fucking be parents. :gulp:

Nitro Express
02-29-2012, 01:46 AM
I find raising children is similar to handling a dog. A dog will totally try and dominate and take advantage of the situation. You love the dog but you also through your actions demonstrate you are the top dog. Some of the best dogs aren't spoiled and pampered. The most healthy dogs eat like dogs. They aren't being fed the same crap their owner eats and are pampered like a little spoiled baby. It drives me nuts to see people go over board and ruin a dog that way. Love them but don't baby them too much and always let them know you wear the pants.

twonabomber
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not saying that this kid who shot up the school didn't have good parents.

based on what the papers came up with, he didn't have good parents. kid was living with his grandparents. both his parents had legal problems. the grandfather and two aunts showed up at his hearing.

the whole thing has cast a pall over the area. i don't know if i'd even compare it to the days after 9-11. but people are coming together...someone started a "wear red for Chardon" (the school colors are black and red) page on Facebook, and a lot of the surrounding schools are posting pictures of their gyms full of kids wearing red shirts. elementary school classes from other districts are writing sympathy cards, and making banners showing their support for the school. there's candlelight vigils going on, the governor was at the one in Chardon last night. one of the major businesses in town started a fund for the victim's families and there are all kinds of donations coming in.

we're used to news trucks in Chardon over the winter, when a lake effect storm hits a couple feet of snow will dump up there on the hill and the local channels always show up. this time there's trucks from out of state on the square and at the school. they had around 50 requests for media credentials at the shooter's first hearing. if they try him as an adult i'm betting they will have to move the trial, i think it would be hard to seat an unbiased jury in town.

even though i don't live in the district any more and don't know anyone affected, it's been a rough couple of days. i can't imagine what the parents are going through. they were a year or two away from turning their kids loose on the world, and probably hoped that they did a good job and the kids would be alright. now they'll never know. all that potential, gone.

one of the Plain Dealer columnists interviewed the principal from Columbine. he says "The question I get asked most is, 'When will it get back to normal?' It will never get back to normal. We had to redefine what is normal."

Unchainme
03-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Westboro Baptist shitbags are protesting this. I swear, these people exist at a level below human.

Good thing the Chardon and surrounding community have stepped up efforts to make a human chain around these assfucks. I'd go one step further. I'd pass a three-day law banning protesting at funerals by the City Council, and the State of Ohio. It doesn't matter if these fuckheads sue, so long as they're prevented from hurting the family.

It's just been a bizarre and sad week for this area. I went to a school that was similiar in demo's to Chardon, and the mere fact this occurred just depresses me. God Bless the parents of the kids, may God bring them peace during this time of great distress.

twonabomber
03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
i hadn't heard of WBC coming to town, neither the PD or News Herald have anything about it on their sites.

the funeral home is right by Classic Park, with plenty of "public" land that WBC claims they can't be chased off of. but the cemetery is in a rural area just outside of Chardon, and hopefully the surrounding property owners will not allow these shitbags on their land. no sidewalks, nowhere to park on the street...not sure they can be kept out of the cemetery though.

twonabomber
03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
WBC supposedly spotted in Mentor last night. the first funeral is at 10 am today.

there's a couple hundred people (with more coming) in front of the church staging a silent barricade.

philouze
03-03-2012, 08:12 AM
That's sick shit. Ohio is where Dimebag was shot. There's definitely a strange vibe going on there.

Unchainme
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
That's sick shit. Ohio is where Dimebag was shot. There's definitely a strange vibe going on there.

not really.

ohio is generally too boring to have anything to crazy happen in it. ;).

Unchainme
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
WBC supposedly spotted in Mentor last night. the first funeral is at 10 am today.

there's a couple hundred people (with more coming) in front of the church staging a silent barricade.

Would anyone miss these people if they died?

anyone?

I'm sure satan has some interesting activities for when they show up.

would be kind of amusing to see them stand trial before jesus

"We thought were doing god's work!"

"...what? No! Didn't you read what I wrote!?"

twonabomber
03-03-2012, 06:17 PM
well, they didn't show. posted a tweet or something that they were in Illinois. there's still two more funerals to go.