PDA

View Full Version : Which Repuke will win Michigan and Arizona

FORD
02-28-2012, 12:15 AM
You have heard the corporate media whores predictions. You have heard the insane quotes from the candidates. Who wins the last battles of February?

kwame k
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
You have heard the corporate media whores predictions. You have heard the insane quotes from the candidates. You have seen Dr Love's spamming of Ron Paul. Who wins the last battles of February?

Hope you don't mind the edit;)

FORD
02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
You will notice I left an option in the poll for the Randtards :biggrin:

Dr. Love
02-28-2012, 12:29 AM
I voted Romney for both -- I believe these are proportionally allocated, not caucused, so no chance for RP to take the delegates this time. :)

kwame k
02-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Mitt really fucked himself with the bail out crap. It's not playing well here at all!

He's had a few gaffs here and there and he did kinda rally yesterday to actually sound human but Michigan's a tough state to call.

Michigan can be a huge reactionary state, when sufficiently riled up and this campaign has been getting dirty.

Frothy's campaign just admitted to this today
Rick Santorum’s campaign asked Michigan Democrats today to cross party lines and vote for him in Tuesday’s Republican presidential primary.

Santorum’s campaign confirmed to several media outlets that it is behind robocalls in Michigan reminding Democrats they can vote in the Republican primary.Link (http://www.freep.com/article/20120227/NEWS15/120227072/Santorum-campaign-asking-Democrats-to-vote-for-him?odyssey=nav|head)

Which is a desperate act of a desperate man.....he plays well to the hard core religious right and there's a lot of country folk here in Michigan but not enough.

Paul could actually pull a decent showing here......given Mitt's fuck ups, Frothy's insanity and Ron Paul's common sense message.

But since Kid Rock joined Mitt at a rally in Royal Oak....it's all over;)

Home field advantage to Mitt!

Mitt gets Michigan!

No idea in ***edit because Dr Love is anal*** Arizona.....Hail Mary prediction, Frothy by a hair!

Dr. Love
02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Nevada already voted, I think you mean Arizona.

Frothy is trying to knock Romney down in his own state to try to drive a stake through Romney's candidacy... if he pulls it off, then we've got a real interesting story here, with it becoming much, much more likely that the convention will be brokered.

kwame k
02-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I knew it was some desert state;)

Matt White
02-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Mitt really fucked himself with the bail out crap. It's not playing well here at all!

He's had a few gaffs here and there and he did kinda rally yesterday to actually sound human but Michigan's a tough state to call.

Michigan can be a huge reactionary state, when sufficiently riled up and this campaign has been getting dirty.

Frothy's campaign just admitted to this today Link (http://www.freep.com/article/20120227/NEWS15/120227072/Santorum-campaign-asking-Democrats-to-vote-for-him?odyssey=nav|head)

Which is a desperate act of a desperate man.....he plays well to the hard core religious right and there's a lot of country folk here in Michigan but not enough.

Paul could actually pull a decent showing here......given Mitt's fuck ups, Frothy's insanity and Ron Paul's common sense message.

But since Kid Rock joined Mitt at a rally in Royal Oak....it's all over;)

Home field advantage to Mitt!

Mitt gets Michigan!

No idea in ***edit because Dr Love is anal*** Arizona.....Hail Mary prediction, Frothy by a hair!

Yup....people never realize that MICHIGAN, due to the large number of Southern folk who migrated North to work in the Automobile industry in the 1940's, has a strong evangelical base................

And the Rethugs know how to work those "hot-button" issues (Muslims, Gays, Blacks, Mexicans, Foriegners, etc) to fire those people up.............

jhale667
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
It still amazes me Frothy is still considered viable as a candidate. How many times can this idiot jump the shark? Now colleges are bad? And he straight up says he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state - further that JFK's (extremely eloquent and well articulated) speech on the matter (back in the day when people worried about the church getting it's paws in politics, unlike today when they WANT someone to allow it) made him "want to vomit"?? There are some crazy motherf*ckers out there...

Nitro Express
02-28-2012, 12:14 PM
It goes farther back than JFK. Thomas Jefferson said religion is a personal issue and should not be brought into the public service arena. Some people were attacking Jefferson on his at the time liberal religious views. Some accused him of being an atheist.

jhale667
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
It goes farther back than JFK. Thomas Jefferson said religion is a personal issue and should not be brought into the public service arena. Some people were attacking Jefferson on his at the time liberal religious views. Some accused him of being an atheist.

Then and now, it's irrelevant if he WAS. Church/State separation, contrary to Frothy and the fringe GOP view, does not mean people of faith can't be involved in politics - it means they have to check their superstitious BS at the door in matters of state...much like one has to in a factual discussion. As Bill Maher put it "You don't get to put your UN-reason on the same shelf that REASON sits on".

More interesting with FrothRick is that Evangelicals seem to have somehow either forgotten they don't like Catholics, or that they just hate Mormons worse. I really don't see Ron Paul having a shot at all, I agree with those postulating he and Newt(ered) are just staying in the race to complicate things (for Frothy and Mittens, respectively).

kwame k
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Jay, you bring up a good point.....

Whoever is running Frothy's campaign really needs to have a sit down with him.

Does he really believe that these are the issues that the majority of his party cares about and to blatantly say he's against the Constitution, the separation of Church and State. Who the fuck caucused that issue as the relevant talking point of his campaign?

It goes to show that Carl Rove's influence in GOP politics is immense and lasting, more so than any other strategist in the last 30 years.

He was the guy that after seeing how Poppy lost because he didn't court the Religious Reich guided Dubya to pander to those extremist and it won him the Presidency, twice!

Those were different times and the problems we face now are greater than any need to pander to extremist when willing, able bodied people are homeless or underemployed. You can get away with those frivolous issues when times are good but most normal people are more concern about the economy and jobs.

He's using the same tactics that Batshit and pRick used......with disastrous results.

I guess it's good for Obama but it really weakens the whole process when extremists get a national platform to spew their insanity.......it means that the real issues get obfuscated and it turns the whole thing into a circus. I'd rather see both sides have a strong candidate, with an issue driven campaign, then this fucking garbage:pullinghair:

jhale667
02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I also heard yesterday in a discussion among democratic and republican strategists on MSNBC (and even the GOP dude thinks Frothy's nuts) that in the event Frothy gets the nom - and eventually loses by a landslide to Obama - the GOP will realize they went to far to the batshit side and come back to a more centrist platform...HOWEVER, if Mittens gets it - and also eventually loses by a less dramatic margin, but lose he likely will - they worry the party may go even FARTHER to the "right"(wrong) - which is just insanity. :umm:

kwame k
02-28-2012, 12:55 PM
The Reich says there's a war on Christianity being waged right now.......I say there's a war on the Constitution being waged right now with the loser being freedom loving normal Americans.

Obama's doing an appeasement type Presidency and the GOP's best effort to stop this is Mitt and Frothy?

UnFuckingBelievable!

jhale667
02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
The Reich says there's a war on Christianity being waged right now.......I say there's a war on the Constitution being waged right now with the loser being freedom loving normal Americans.

Obama's doing an appeasement type Presidency and the GOP's best effort to stop this is Mitt and Frothy?

UnFuckingBelievable!

The "war on religion" is the biggest f*cking joke - the religious reich are the ones trying to force their ideology down everyone's throats, and they would have you believe people's outright rejection of their stupidity a "declaration of war" on them - it's ridiculous. But it's red meat for the great unwashed, they live for that crap...

ELVIS
02-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Church/State separation, contrary to Frothy and the fringe GOP view, does not mean people of faith can't be involved in politics - it means they have to check their superstitious BS at the door in matters of state...much like one has to in a factual discussion.

That's complete bullshit!

Separation of Church and State means prohibition against government regulation or endorsement of religion in order to GUARANTEE an atmosphere of absolute religious liberty...

That is it in a nutshell, and none of the BS that you or Bill Mahar make up can add or take away from that...

I really don't see Ron Paul having a shot at all, I agree with those postulating he and Newt(ered) are just staying in the race to complicate things (for Frothy and Mittens, respectively).

That's equally rediculous...

Sanatorum is nothing more than a fringe candidate, and nobody likes Romoney...

Go learn some Yngwie...

:biggrin:

ELVIS
02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
the religious reich are the ones trying to force their ideology down everyone's throats

That's bullshit too...

jhale667
02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Uh, no it's not...and last time I checked I can still play Yngwie licks better than you...and VH, and... :lmao:

hambon4lif
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll tell you something right now....
....I'd sooner vote for Yngwie than any one of these fucks!

UNLEASH THE FOOKIN' FURY- 2012

jhale667
02-28-2012, 01:49 PM
:lol:

Jesus Christ
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
You know Who else insisted on Separation of Church and State?

Me.

Give unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's.

My kingdom is not of this world.

So this is love
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
You know Who else insisted on Separation of Church and State?

Me.

Give unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's.

My kingdom is not of this world.

Hi J.C. when are you coming down to save us from this world?

ELVIS
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Yngwie wasn't born in the United States...

Wait, neither was Oblama...

:elvis:

kwame k
02-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Is that based on your extensive research, moron:umm:

ELVIS
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah...

There was no such term as Aferican American in 1961...

LoungeMachine
02-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Yngwie wasn't born in the United States...

Wait, neither was Oblama...

:elvis:

Hawaii is part of the US.......

:gulp:

I know it's hard to fathom for some of you.

kwame k
02-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah...

No, but I betcha African American was a term, idiot;)

kwame k
02-28-2012, 02:19 PM

But, but......there's brown skins there!

They can't be Americans:lmao:

LoungeMachine
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Here's the deal.....

Mitten can win Michigan, yet still lose Michigan.

Anything under 5 points is a loss for him in the eyes of the public and the media.

jhale667
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM

Denial is a river in Egypt to them too....

dazzlindino
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I'll tell you something right now....
....I'd sooner vote for Yngwie than any one of these fucks!

UNLEASH THE FOOKIN' FURY- 2012

votes earned one note at a time.....

Jesus Christ
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi J.C. when are you coming down to save us from this world?

Verily it is written that no man shall know the day nor the hour. Even I do not know, it's all on Dad's schedule.

But if ye see the Likud warmongers in My home country successful in their attempts to start a war with the Persians, then I suspect ye can start the countdown to Armegeddon.

Jagermeister
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I also heard yesterday in a discussion among democratic and republican strategists on MSNBC (and even the GOP dude thinks Frothy's nuts) that in the event Frothy gets the nom - and eventually loses by a landslide to Obama - the GOP will realize they went to far to the batshit side and come back to a more centrist platform...HOWEVER, if Mittens gets it - and also eventually loses by a less dramatic margin, but lose he likely will - they worry the party may go even FARTHER to the "right"(wrong) - which is just insanity. :umm:

Written by Jagermeister on Feb 28 2012

Obama will not be in office for a second term.

jhale667
02-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Keep telling yourself that, Jaggy...

Dr. Love
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
So it appears Arizona is winner take all and Michigan is delegate apportioned by district, not by popular vote. Someone can win the popular vote and lost the delegate contest.

Dr. Love
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Here's a link to view the results if you aren't watching on tv... autorefreshes every 10 seconds

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/map-michigan-primary-2012-results_n_1307981.html?ref=elections-2012

Dr. Love
02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
With 0% reporting, they just called Arizona for Romney

FORD
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
All the Mormons in Mesa must have voted on behalf of the dead people they baptized :biggrin:

Michigan still "too close to call"......

Matt White
02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Here's a link to view the results if you aren't watching on tv... autorefreshes every 10 seconds

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/map-michigan-primary-2012-results_n_1307981.html?ref=elections-2012

I've been checking that map...........

Mittens is winning in the Urban areas..............

Frothy is winning in the sticks...& the Uppers are ALL voting for Frothy!

It'll be down to the wire............

FORD
02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
MSNBC just interrupted Frothy's "victory" speech to project Mittens as the winner in Michigan.

Nickdfresh
02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah...

Yeah, then your kind could freely call them Negros and Coloreds, and make them go to their own water fountains and washrooms. I bet you miss the old days...

Nickdfresh
02-28-2012, 10:16 PM
No, but I betcha African American was a term, idiot;)

Don't be "rediculous."

kwame k
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
:biggrin:

FORD
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
More interesting with FrothRick is that Evangelicals seem to have somehow either forgotten they don't like Catholics, or that they just hate Mormons worse. I really don't see Ron Paul having a shot at all, I agree with those postulating he and Newt(ered) are just staying in the race to complicate things (for Frothy and Mittens, respectively).

Well, the Repukes have a choice between the Mormon, the Frothy Catholic, the Protestant from Georgia who converted to Catholicism for the benefit of his THIRD wife, and the Protestant from Texas who refuses to bomb the shit out of Iran. And of course the heathen Kenyan Muslim incumbent.

Given those options, they'll go with the Catholic. At least he hates queers and loves war, so he's close enough to a Fundagelical for their tastes.

hambon4lif
02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Their religion doesn't play as much of a factor as people think, or led to believe.

Romoney isn't connecting with the people because alot of them feel he's just a pair of white leather shoes and a plaid jacket away from selling used cars.

The fact that he's a Mormon has shit-all to do with it.....

Nitro Express
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Yup. If you think about it most religions are weird. What Mormons believe really isn't all that far off the weirdness scale of what other religions believe. I mean Catholics believe the sacrament literally turns into the actual blood and flesh of Christ. The bottom line is a lot of normal people grow up in these religions and actually these religions push a work ethic, charity work, and making yourself a success because frankly they want their members to be successful because the church will get the donations. Most people don't even think about what their church really believes or what it stands for. It's the place your parents dragged you to and it's part of the social situation you find yourself in. Also, towing the status quo line in a church may open up some opportunities for work and education. Some people love to belong to a church because they are attention whores and it's an arena they can get their fix. The Mormon church provides amble opportunities for those kind. I think Mitt falls into that category. Michelle Bachman as well. Heck add in Sarah Palin. All three are attention whores looking for a pulpet or a project to lead.

The thing is, the press will make more of it than there really is because they always need something to blab about.

ELVIS
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, then your kind could freely call them Negros and Coloreds, and make them go to their own water fountains and washrooms. I bet you miss the old days...

No dude, the point is the Oblama birth certificate is a forgery...

kwame k
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Bullshit....if it was we'd know about it. Look at the millions McCain and Clinton spent to find dirt on the guy and found nothing.

Why don't you just admit that you hate the fact that a black man is President and be done with it.

ELVIS
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't care what color the president is...

Explain how his race is listed as African American on the forgery when that term didn't exist at the time...

jhale667
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Explain how his race is listed as African American on the forgery when that term didn't exist at the time...

Gee, perhaps that's where the term was 1st coined, as he IS technically African AND American... DUH... give it up. That sh*t was debunked eons ago...let it go. Or, y'know be a birther-'tard-asshat, your choice....

kwame k
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM

:tool:

kwame k
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
"The New York Times" first used it in a story in 1925, and Malcolm X used the term in a speech in 1964. Dr. Ramona H. Edelin apparently introduced it into common usage in the 1970s. However, Rev. Jesse Jackson is most often credited with popularizing the term, beginning in the late 1980s.

Read more: Who coined the phrase African-American? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1922455#ixzz1noceqtdW

Unchainme
02-29-2012, 06:28 PM
"The New York Times" first used it in a story in 1925, and Malcolm X used the term in a speech in 1964. Dr. Ramona H. Edelin apparently introduced it into common usage in the 1970s. However, Rev. Jesse Jackson is most often credited with popularizing the term, beginning in the late 1980s.

Read more: Who coined the phrase African-American? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1922455#ixzz1noceqtdW

Jesse Jackson is a dipshit.

Black is Black, White is White. no one gives a shit.

kwame k
02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Exactly and no one gives a shit about the lamer birther crap either!

kwame k
02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Here's an interesting article........

Not so fast. When it comes to delegates, it turns out Mitt Romney did not win Michigan.

ABC News projects that the 30 delegates awarded based on Michigan’s Tuesday primary will be evenly split – 15 delegates for Mitt Romney and 15 delegates for Rick Santorum.

Mitt Romney may have won the overall vote by a margin of 3 points , but Michigan awards it’s delegates based on how the candidates did in each of the state’s 14 congressional districts, not solely on the popular vote totals.

The system works like this: the winner of each Congressional district gets two delegates. Two additional delegates are awarded based on the overall statewide vote — one delegate for the first place winner and one delegate for the second place winner if he gets more than 15 percent of the popular vote.

Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney split the state’s congressional evenly, each triumphing in seven.

Link (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/mitt-romney-and-rick-santorum-tie-in-michigan-based-on-delegates-awarded/)

MUSICMANN
02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Not to jump in here to cause anything. I've had my ass handed to me in this forum many times and really don't want any part of it. I just was cruising thru and opened this thread up. Kinda fascinating about where did the term African American come from and when did it originate. I found this,

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the_term_African-American_originate

FORD
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM

Seriously?? Even that annoying Soviet exile bitch with the bad wig finally gave up on that bullshit. Check your calendar, Elvis. It's not 2008 anymore :biggrin:

ELVIS
02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't really care about the birth cirtificate crap...

Just trying to push buttons...:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Rediculous'! Anyone that actually believes this is fucking retarded...

kwame k
02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't really care about the birth cirtificate crap...

Just trying to push buttons...:biggrin:

Bitch;)

FORD
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
And besides, the birth certificate identifies his FATHER as "African", NOT "African American"........

http://www.allproudamericans.com/president-obamas-birth-certificate.jpg

ELVIS
02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
And besides, the birth certificate identifies his FATHER as "African", NOT "African American"........

My bad...:biggrin: