PDA

View Full Version : I fucking hate self-fulling prophecies! Gas $5.00 a gal!

kwame k
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
The price of gas is a widely covered news item these days. Oil prices have moved up from $75 a barrel in October of last year to more than $100 a barrel currently. And the trend continues to point toward even higher oil prices. Of course, along with the price of oil, gas prices have also risen, almost in lockstep.

The price of gasoline today is 10% higher than it was just two months ago. The average price for a gallon of regular is almost $3.62. Gas prices in January have been the highest ever recorded price for that month. Many economists and energy analysts believe a rise to $4 a gallon is inevitable. But their estimates could be grossly understated. Gas will reach $5 a gallon before the end of the year.

Two warring trends are pushing and pulling gas prices. On the one hand, Americans now drive less than at any time in the past 11 years. On the other hand, gasoline and oil inventories are at very low levels around the world, and traders believe that supply will tighten significantly. The fact that Americans drive much less will not offset an interruption of supply from the Middle East, a decision by refineries to charge more to turn oil into gasoline, or higher demand from emerging economies like China and India.

1. Strait of Hormuz
2. Iran
3. Refiners Likely to Raise Prices
4. Other Geopolitical Risks
5. European Union Recession
6. U.S. Economic Recovery
7. It Is Almost Summer
8. Supply Risk

For an explanation for each of the 8 click here (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/eight-reasons-gas-will-hit--5-this-year.html)

kwame k
02-29-2012, 08:46 PM
They were saying this around Nov or Dec of last year:pullinghair:

I love the reasoning that the economy's doing better so we have to raise oil/gas/food/etc to gouge you even more!

And they pay next to nothing in taxes AND get 4 billion in subsidies!

Fuck the war on religion or the was on terra.........how about a war on the oil companies.......motherfuckers!

kwame k
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Most of the oil refined on the east coast of the U.S. is Brent crude, a type of oil produced from the North Sea. The price of Brent — more than $124 a barrel — is almost $16 higher than the price of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude, the amount most people read about in the media. But because Brent has replaced WTI as the global price benchmark, U.S. refiners set prices for gasoline and other products as if Brent were the only grade of crude used. That allows refiners with access to cheaper WTI to make larger profits.

How is that even legal?

Price gouging assholes!

Dr. Love
02-29-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H4uL6CSiGrU

This was discussed today

FORD
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
All it would take is one drone strike at the Goldman Sachs building, and this shit would end.

Do it, Barry. You'd be guaranteed a landslide in November.

Dr. Love
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
All it would take is one drone strike at the Goldman Sachs building, and this shit would end.

Why would he attack one of his biggest campaign contributors?

kwame k
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
This was discussed today

I read the play by play......you gotta give it to the old coot, he's a feisty 70 something;)

FORD
02-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Why would he attack one of his biggest campaign contributors?

Because they're giving more money to Mittens?

And, like I said, because it would guarantee his reelection. Even Repukes would vote for him if he took those bastards out, and gas prices (and by extension, everything else that goes up when gas prices do) went back to normal when those treasonous fucks were taken out of the equation. Permanently.

kwame k
02-29-2012, 09:39 PM

I'm fucking pissed that Obama AND congress are sucking on the teat of thieves like Sachs......Repukes and Demos alike! [I swear to God if Doc spams this with his Paul pron, I will start a thread in the Feedback about him];)

Man, when I saw his cabinet and his appointments I was shocked at who he picked....the guys that caused this mess are now in charge of this mess:headlights:

Is that like when they hired Joe Kennedy to clean up Wall Street?

Nope, he did it:pullinghair:

Dr. Love
02-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Only the relevant stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, whomever gets elected will be exactly what we deserve.

hambon4lif
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
[I swear to God if Doc spams this with his Paul pron, I will start a thread in the Feedback about him];) :lmao:

kwame k
02-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Only the relevant stuff.

Sadly, I agree :(

PETE'S BROTHER
02-29-2012, 10:20 PM
$4.09 for premium today :(

Nitro Express
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM

Not going to happen. Barry works for Goldman Sachs. Our tax money pays his fuel bills. Barry couldn't give a shit about it.

Nitro Express
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm fucking pissed that Obama AND congress are sucking on the teat of thieves like Sachs......Repukes and Demos alike! [I swear to God if Doc spams this with his Paul pron, I will start a thread in the Feedback about him];)

Man, when I saw his cabinet and his appointments I was shocked at who he picked....the guys that caused this mess are now in charge of this mess:headlights:

Is that like when they hired Joe Kennedy to clean up Wall Street?

Nope, he did it:pullinghair:

What's shocking. This shit has been going on for the last 40 years. It's just gotten to the point the corruption is complete. The change Obama was talking about is that is all you are going to have left in your pocket after he's gotten his way with you.

Nitro Express
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Only the relevant stuff.

What? You mean a public that sells their freedom for some false promises results in bad government? Nothing new but we were smart enough in the past to avoid a complete takeover.

Seshmeister
03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
$4.09 for premium today :(

$8.30 here...

So this is love
03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Folks if it makes you feel any better the gallon is already over $5 up here in snow land.

Terry
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Funny how as cars have gradually become more fuel-efficient gas prices have gradually risen...almost in lockstep.

Dr. Love
03-01-2012, 10:15 PM
All you fuckers that insist there's no link between price of oil and price of gold need to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WReKlUFP4