PDA

View Full Version : Happy Super Repuke Tuesday: Who's out after today?

FORD
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Today's prize: (from Wikipedia)

Republican primaries in seven states and caucuses in three states, totaling 392 delegates (17% of the total). Super Tuesday involves Republican contests in: Alaska (24), Georgia (76), Idaho (32), Massachusetts (38), North Dakota (25),Ohio (63), Oklahoma (40), Tennessee (55), Vermont (17), and Virginia (46). Eighteen RNC delegates from the states are not bound to the voting result.

Will Newt give up if he loses Georgia? Can Santorum Google his way to a frothy victory in Ohio? Could Mittens be embarrassed in his other "home state"? And will Ron Paul claim those 18 "not bound" delegates.

And do any of these guys finally throw in the towel after today?

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I may vote Paul today.

Mainly just out of principle to show that I'm fed up with civil liberties being taken away amongst other things.

kwame k
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM
They're riding this gravy train all the way to Tampa, baby.

I think people forget there's a difference in the Super Tuesday of the primaries and the national election.

Mitt could lose Ohio, for example and still net more than enough delegates to keep the lead.

Yet the headlines would read, "Romney loses Ohio, campaign in trouble".

Now if it was the nationals and Mitt loses Ohio, even by a narrow margin, it might end his shot at the Presidency.

So really after all is said and done....you'll have the same results going into Super Tuesday as you have coming out....Mitt in 1st place and Frothy in 2nd.

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Tampa deserves better than that crew taking it over :(

only really salvageable part of florida imo is clearwater beach and siesta key.

kwame k
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
We had a condo down in Sarasota for a while.....nice beaches but there was too many malls, retirees and suburbs, for my taste.

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
We had a condo down in Sarasota for a while.....nice beaches but there was too many malls, retirees and suburbs, for my taste.

mainly that's what I like.

Siesta Key is better in that way, in that it's sort of purely a beach town with a few good restaurants around it. You had to drive over a bridge to get to a publix, per what I recall. :).

I went to Clearwater and loved the vibe there too. They're kind of removed from the shopping malls, etc to a degree. Best Christmas ever was drinking a yuengling after I rode a jet ski.

kwame k
03-06-2012, 01:22 PM
There's great places to go in Florida, for sure!

After going to Florida for 5 or 6 years.....it got old for me. The novelty wore off, so to speak.

chefcraig
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Yep, there about two. The are known locally as the liquor store and my living room. :doh:

Nitro Express
03-06-2012, 02:00 PM

After going to Florida for 5 or 6 years.....it got old for me. The novelty wore off, so to speak.

I used to go to Florida all the time in the lates 80's. Then the boom hit and the nice beaches that had very little on them had condo towers as far as you could see and the beaches were littered with old assholes from New York City.

Florida got Trumped. Developed to death and killed by New Yorkers.

FORD
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I used to go to Florida all the time in the lates 80's. Then the boom hit and the nice beaches that had very little on them had condo towers as far as you could see and the beaches were littered with old assholes from New York City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODO0zQBPI2k

private parts
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM

Florida got Trumped. Developed to death and killed by New Yorkers.

You got to go to the Redneck Riviera (Northern Gulf). In particular St. George Island-Unspoiled white sand beaches, great fishing, no putt-putt , water parks, no hotels and no jerk-off old New Yorkers. Sports Illustrated shot some of their 2012 swimsuit issue there. Only thing to do is drink, fish, and drink some more.

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
So I voted..

confused as hell, there was two fields for GOP candidates. One was for my district, and one was general.

the district one I voted for Paul, I guess? so he can get a delegate that way. and for the general one, Romney..just to ensure fucking Santorum doesn't win.

My hope is..that's the GOP tandem this year.

FORD
03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
And if you voted on a Diebold machine, both votes probably went to whichever Repuke Wally O'Dell likes best. :biggrin:

(which would probably be Romney, since he's the predatory capitalist swine with at least partial endorsement from the BCE)

kwame k
03-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Yep, there about two. The are known locally as the liquor store and my living room. :doh:

I guess it's better here.....we have those but a few decent pubs, too;)

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I wanted to write in joe thunder for county coroner btw ;).

just for lulz

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Rankings of people Dr. Love has hope for:

1. Unchainme (+2 for recent voting and posting trends)
2. Kwame k (-1 for recent loss of intellectual fortitude)
3. Knuckleboner (-1 for economic gaffes)
4. LoungeMachine (+1 despite lack of rain on my recent parades)
5. Nickdfresh (-1 due to recently unintelligible rants)
6. Guitar shark (I know you disagree with me and haven't said anything yet!)/Seshmeister (I can't discern his stance to tell if I should have hope or not)

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I wanted to write in joe thunder for county coroner btw ;).

just for lulz

If you gotta do it, do it for the lulz

Jagermeister
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM

6. Guitar shark (I know you disagree with me and haven't said anything yet!)/Seshmeister (I can't discern his stance to tell if I should have hope or not)

:lmao:

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
The biggest revelation to come from this GOP Primary season is this:

THE GOP CAN'T RUN AN ELECTION, COUNT ALL THE VOTES, AND GET THE "WINNER" RIGHT THE FIRST TIME TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

:gulp:

kwame k
03-06-2012, 04:11 PM

I'm just so glad I made the list:headlights:

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 04:13 PM
does that mean if I voted for paul, dr. love will bring back his awesome signatures? :D.

kwame k
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
No....it just means he'll spam the fuck out of whatever thread you happen to post that in with his Paul Pron;)

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I sense kwame will continue to slide down the hope list due to his continued unfamiliarity with what people commonly refer to as 'the truth'

kwame k
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
I sense kwame will continue to slide down the hope list due to his continued unfamiliarity with what people commonly refer to as 'the truth'

It'd truly break my heart, Doc:(

Truth is a perception, a point of view, different for me and different for you;)

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 04:24 PM

As in, " I speak the truth when I say Ron Paul will never be the GOP Nom, and he should run Third Party if he really wants any shot at The White House, otherwise he's obviously just doing this for attention and not to actually win"

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
As in, " I speak the truth when I say Ron Paul will never be the GOP Nom, and he should run Third Party if he really wants any shot at The White House, otherwise he's obviously just doing this for attention and not to actually win"

His only real shot now is to hitch his wagon to romney as vp, and cut a back room deal, or do what's mentioned aboved.

I voted for the guy, for that exact reason.

I don't believe he'll win, but I think that tandem would be a decent one to run against obama.

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 04:33 PM

No, as in, I'm not posting non-relevant rps (ron paul spam) to any thread other than the Ron Paul thread.

But if that's all the rain you're going to bring, I'm not even sure it warrants an umbrella. ;)

kwame k
03-06-2012, 04:36 PM
His only real shot now is to hitch his wagon to romney as vp, and cut a back room deal, or do what's mentioned aboved.

I voted for the guy, for that exact reason.

I don't believe he'll win, but I think that tandem would be a decent one to run against obama.

The backroom fairy tale isn't enforceable not to mention even an option.....Frothy has a better chance of being the VP.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the nod to pander to the Religious Reich.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Yep.....

RoMoney / Frothboy is looking pretty good to them right now

But my money is on Christie as Veep

Can't believe Rubio is a serious choice

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
if santorum is even remotely associated with the gop in 2012.

obama has my vote.

jhale667
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
The biggest revelation to come from this GOP Primary season is this:

THE GOP CAN'T RUN AN ELECTION, COUNT ALL THE VOTES, AND GET THE "WINNER" RIGHT THE FIRST TIME TO SAVE THEIR LIVES.

Really shores up confidence in the thought of actually turning over running the country to them...

kwame k
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Yep.....

RoMoney / Frothboy is looking pretty good to them right now

But my money is on Christie as Veep

Can't believe Rubio is a serious choice

I think Christie sees the writing on wall but is smart enough to not alienate the GOP......let them dangle his name out there but at the last minute humbly bow out.

Wait out the recession and play the odds that Biden will never run and that the American people will vote Repukes in 2016.

kwame k
03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
if santorum is even remotely associated with the gop in 2012.

obama has my vote.

If the baby Jesus decides that Frothy gets the nom to defeat a heathen Muslim black President........not only will I campaign for Obama, I'll donate too;)

ThrillsNSpills
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM

FORD
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Looks like Newt "won" Georgia. Total Diebold state, of course. Wonder how much Sheldon Adelson paid the hackers?

Mittens wins Virginia - He and Ron Paul were the only ones on the ballot, and Ron Paul doesn't have a prayer in a state where every Republican is either a "defense" industry tool or a televangelist ministry employee. He also is projected to win Massachusetts (no surprise there)

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
well, if anyone is going to sell out and join up with Romney, it's Rick "Team Player" Santorum

kwame k
03-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Pretty much a boring Super Tuesday primary.......no real surprises.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I think Christie sees the writing on wall but is smart enough to not alienate the GOP......let them dangle his name out there but at the last minute humbly bow out.

Wait out the recession and play the odds that Biden will never run and that the American people will vote Repukes in 2016.

It will be Hillary in 2016

Bet the house

kwame k
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Dude, that's bold!

Forgot all about her:beers8:

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Bet the house

She'd have my vote.

dead serious. really respect her.

FORD
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Bet the house

I don't think she's interested anymore. You look at how much she has aged and how much weight she has gained, my guess would be she's had to resort to pharmaceutical help just to cope with the Secretary of State gig, which she's already said she wouldn't do more than one term. I honestly think Hillary's done with public office after this year.

Unchainme
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Rick Santorum waved a fucking terrible towel in ohio.

if this was done a week before the election, I'd have campaigned against him he even harder.

fuck him.

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM
It continues to blow my mind that SO MANY PEOPLE are voting for Santorum.

I can totally get why republicans don't like my guy. Totally get it. But jaysus ... Santorum? As Lounge would say:

"Santorum?

Really?"

sadaist
03-06-2012, 11:43 PM
It continues to blow my mind that SO MANY PEOPLE are voting for Santorum.

I can totally get why republicans don't like my guy. Totally get it. But jaysus ... Santorum? As Lounge would say:

"Santorum?

Really?"

The Republican party is a damn clusterfuck right now. Had we rallied fully behind 1 dude months ago and got a good VP to go with him, Obama would have been toast.

But none of these guys in the lead right now is gonna do it. I'll vote for any of them vs Barack....but I KNOW we could have done a whole lot better. A whole fucking lot.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Santorum = Ron Paul except with a prayer.....

Lulz

FORD
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
The fanatical religious reichers will accept a "false God worshipping Catholic" just slightly more than a "false God worshipping Mormon cultist". And even THEY know Newt is full of shit, so that counts him out.

As for Ron Paul - well they love his Randtard fairytale deregulation schemes, but just can't vote for somebody who does NOT want war with Iran.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2012, 11:51 PM
The Republican party is a damn clusterfuck right now. Had we rallied fully behind 1 dude months ago and got a good VP to go with him, Obama would have been toast.

But none of these guys in the lead right now is gonna do it. I'll vote for any of them vs Barack....but I KNOW we could have done a whole lot better. A whole fucking lot.

right now?

Your CLOWN CAR has been a joke for more than 6 months now, Pookie.....

Think about it......your FRONT RUNNER is at like 38% among REPUKES

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Santorum = Ron Paul except with a prayer.....

Lulz

Santorum talks quite a lot about how he wants to push the libertarian philosophy out of the republican party. I can't think of two people more diametrically opposed on governance philosophy.

He might be the one candidate they can field that would viscerally push me towards voting for Obama, as much as I loathe that idea. Santorum would be an unmitigated disaster.

Dr. Love
03-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I actually am somewhat surprised the Tea Party hasn't come out against Santorum given how much he's spoken about how he doesn't trust them in the past and thinks that they shouldn't be dictating what republican philosophy should be.

Even with the social conservatism, he's a big government fiscal buttfucker. They hate guys like that.

sadaist
03-07-2012, 12:03 AM

right now?

Your CLOWN CAR has been a joke for more than 6 months now, Pookie.....

Think about it......your FRONT RUNNER is at like 38% among REPUKES

Well, by right now I didn't mean this week. I meant this whole Presidential campaign timeframe. Every 2 weeks was a new flavor....Rick Perry? Trump? Christie? Newt? This has been going on a while. It's damn embarrassing to tell the truth.

LoungeMachine
03-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Well, by right now I didn't mean this week. I meant this whole Presidential campaign timeframe. Every 2 weeks was a new flavor....Rick Perry? Trump? Christie? Newt? This has been going on a while. It's damn embarrassing to tell the truth.

How can you forget CAIN and BACHMANN????

You guys screwed the pooch bad........ :)

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I actually am somewhat surprised the Tea Party hasn't come out against Santorum given how much he's spoken about how he doesn't trust them in the past and thinks that they shouldn't be dictating what republican philosophy should be.

Even with the social conservatism, he's a big government fiscal buttfucker. They hate guys like that.

There is no Tea Party. The Republican Party took it over and then it's base is split up between Ron Paul, Santorum, and Mitt Romney. I would say the Occupy movement and groups like Anonymous and Oath Keepers are replacing what the Tea Party was originally about which is a grass roots movement to restore Constitutional government and end financial fascism and tyranny.

It's really not Republicans vs Democrats anymore it's about the corporate/banking establishment vs. the people and the constitution. I would say 99% of both parties side with the establishment. This is just the beginning of a revolution. It's not going to be settled in one election and it's not going away anytime soon.

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't think she's interested anymore. You look at how much she has aged and how much weight she has gained, my guess would be she's had to resort to pharmaceutical help just to cope with the Secretary of State gig, which she's already said she wouldn't do more than one term. I honestly think Hillary's done with public office after this year.

Bill looks like an old man and Hillary has so much plastic and botox in her face she looks like Tammy Fae Baker. Their daughter looks like a donkey.

FORD
03-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Well, it seems like Ohio has gone to the Dog Abuser from Planet Kolob. So on that note, here's the current delegate count, according to MSNBC.....

http://i39.tinypic.com/34eylqb.jpg

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Today's prize: (from Wikipedia)

Will Newt give up if he loses Georgia? Can Santorum Google his way to a frothy victory in Ohio? Could Mittens be embarrassed in his other "home state"? And will Ron Paul claim those 18 "not bound" delegates.

And do any of these guys finally throw in the towel after today?

Mitt will win the presidency and after serving in public office he will be made a general authority in the Mormon church and get his own GA trading card.
http://salamandersociety.com/slamtoons/cards/

sadaist
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
How can you forget CAIN and BACHMANN????

You guys screwed the pooch bad........ :)

Ugh. I somehow did forget them for a moment. Gee thanks man.

And how am I included in screwing the pooch? I'm a Republican but I haven't cast 1 single fucking vote or drawn a single straw or written in 1 single persons name or donated $1 dollar to anyone, yet somehow I'm partly responsible for these idiots supposedly leading & representing ME. It just sucks man.

I swear, I look at ALL politicians on both sides and I really can't see one person I think would be a GREAT President right now. I don't mean a decent Pres...but a great one for the ages that would actually do big things & fix a lot of problems. Damn we really need a whole wave of fresh blood in Washington.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Not to sound like a broken record but........until we have real campaign finance reform these are going to be the people we get.

Obama has lost almost all respect I had for him.

Mitt is a fucking tool.

Frothy is a dangerous zealot.

Newt is as sleazy as they come.

Paul is in fantasy land.

Nice choices.......can't wait to vote in November:(

jhale667
03-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Of all the opposition candidates, I can't see anyone legitimately theorizing that anyone other than Mittens wouldn't completely F the country up - and he would too. It's hard to even make the "lesser evil" argument and say any of the Repukes would be preferable to Obama.

And yes, Frothy is a dangerous zealot.

Dr. Love
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Not to sound like a broken record but........until we have real campaign finance reform these are going to be the people we get.

Obama has lost almost all respect I had for him.

Mitt is a fucking tool.

Frothy is a dangerous zealot.

Newt is as sleazy as they come.

Paul is in fantasy land.

Nice choices.......can't wait to vote in November:(

My guy lost all the contests he was predicting to win. Got some nice second place finishes but it would be nice to see him win one. Best I can hope for is for him to stay in and keep increasing his turnout by 100-200% each contest and keep spreading his message.

November is looking pretty bleak from here as well.

ELVIS
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Ron Pauls votes are being thrown away...

kwame k
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
My guy lost all the contests he was predicting to win. Got some nice second place finishes but it would be nice to see him win one. Best I can hope for is for him to stay in and keep increasing his turnout by 100-200% each contest and keep spreading his message.

November is looking pretty bleak from here as well.

It really sucks!

My game plan, as of today, is if Mitt is the nom and he doesn't pick Frothy as his VP, I'll throw away my vote on a 3rd party candidate. Which will likely help Mitt and hurt Obama but I can not in good conscience vote for Obama after what he's done.

If Mitt picks Frothy as his VP, I'll vote Obama.

Yep, loving my choices here:(

kwame k
03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Ron Pauls votes are being thrown away...

It's frustrating, E!

I wish the guy wasn't so persistent on trying to clean up the GOP from within and would run as a 3rd party candidate. He'd get more votes and have a better chance of changing the debate during the nationals.

ELVIS
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
He probably will run third party...

kwame k
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I really don't think he will......he didn't last time!

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
He probably will run third party...

I hope not. Santorum won here. Not a big surprise really. I voted for Newt. In a few more weeks I'll probably be a full time Mitt supporter. :(

kwame k
03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Palin just threw her support to Newt.....and of course, hinted that she might run if it gets to a brokered convention:(

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Palin just threw her support to Newt.....and of course, hinted that she might run if it gets to a brokered convention:(

lol. I'm not sure that's a good thing for Newt. I really don't see how Mitt won't win the nom at this point.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
The problem is....no one wants Mitt but he'll lose less badly than any of the others in the nationals.

The GOP is fucked and they really need better leadership and stop pandering to the extreme right!

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
The problem is....no one wants Mitt but he'll lose less badly than any of the others in the nationals.

The GOP is fucked and they really need better leadership and stop pandering to the extreme right!

I'm kinda on the fence with Mitt. I think he has what it takes to beat Obama he just needs to connect better with America which I think he will as time goes on. He will absolutely crush Obama in a debate and all he will have to do is tell the truth. I am convinced 100% Obama is going to defeat himself.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
See, I'm of the opinion that unless Obama is caught clubbing baby seals or some other kinda career destroying event......nothing's going to stop him in Nov.

Mitt's biggest problem is he's running away from his record and when he gets pressed on that he's going to come off as a flip-flop!

I'm of the opposite opinion [big shock;)] Mitt's going to bury himself.....Obama's too good at public speaking and whoever writes that guy's stuff is brilliant.

Too bad Obama doesn't do what he says in his speeches:(

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Let's just put it this way, when systems become completely full of corruption they just stop working. Sometimes the machine breaks down slowly other times it catastrophically collapses. In a real sense the banking system and government have already collapsed.

I remember watching the news after the Soviet Union collapsed and they were saying people were still showing up to work and they hadn't been paid in six months. I was wondering who in the fuck shows up for six months with no pay? Now I get it. People really aren't all that sophisticated. They continue to do what they are programmed to do because that's the box they are most comfortable in. So things chug along even though the system is barely running or has collapsed.

I remember the mayor of New York City saying the city could run four years easy with no mayor. As long as there was money in the payroll accounts people would show up and do their jobs.

So in other words, you can completely lose your leadership or have them in total chaos but as long as the little guy shows up to keep the power on and the water systems running it seems like nothing has really happened. That's until the little people figure out they are doing it for free. Then it finally collapses.

Dr. Love
03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Obama will try to portray Romney as a rich, out of touch elitist. And Romney has not shown he can do a good job of fighting that perception.

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
See, I'm of the opinion that unless Obama is caught clubbing baby seals or some other kinda career destroying event......nothing's going to stop him in Nov.

Mitt's biggest problem is he's running away from his record and when he gets pressed on that he's going to come off as a flip-flop!

I'm of the opposite opinion [big shock;)] Mitt's going to bury himself.....Obama's too good at public speaking and whoever writes that guy's stuff is brilliant.

Too bad Obama doesn't do what he says in his speeches:(

What about all of Obama's lies? He's fucked himself pretty good and the high gas prices won't help him either since he won't let pipelines from Canada be built or let us use our own resources here. His only base left are the people on the dole who pay no taxes. He's pissed everyone else off.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Obama will try to portray Romney as a rich, out of touch elitist. And Romney has not shown he can do a good job of fighting that perception.

True....it's his record as Governor that's his Achilles’ heel.

He can't reconcile that with his new found extreme right rhetoric.

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM

See I don't really think he is an extreme righty. Santorum is for sure. You know Romney care was probably a good thing at the time. I don't know that for sure though.

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Obama is a rich out of touch elitist himself. It's all the pot calling the kettle black. O came from a pretty nice neighborhood in Chicago. He probably was a millionare before he even got into the White House.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
What about all of Obama's lies? He's fucked himself pretty good and the high gas prices won't help him either since he won't let pipelines from Canada be built or let us use our own resources here. His only base left are the people on the dole who pay no taxes. He's pissed everyone else off.

He's hovering around 50% in the opinion polls........like I said last Nov, they'll fudge the numbers enough to say the economy is doing great and Wall Street will follow suit.

That alone will be enough for Obama to win in Nov.

Mitt's a dead man walking.....he knows it and so does everyone else who follows politics.

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM

It won't matter if he gets the nomination. Much of his base will vote for anyone as long as it's not Obama. Most people don't vote for a candidate, they usually vote against a candidate. That's why negative campaigning is so effective. You might not be all that great but if you demonize who people hate, they will side with you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Never assume the public is that sophisticated because they really aren't.

Trying to fix politics is like trying to fix stupid.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
See I don't really think he is an extreme righty. Santorum is for sure. You know Romney care was probably a good thing at the time. I don't know that for sure though.

See that's the problem I have with Mitt.......if he would of just said something like, "Yep, we voted that in because that's what the people wanted.", whether or not that's true isn't even the issue.

He could of distanced himself from that issue by saying that or saying as Governor you have to do what the people want......as with the President, you follow the will of the people.

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
See that's the problem I have with Mitt.......if he would of just said something like, "Yep, we voted that in because that's what the people wanted.", whether or not that's true isn't even the issue.

He could of distanced himself from that issue by saying that or saying as Governor you have to do what the people want......as with the President, you follow the will of the people.

I'll just say this. The country is in terrible shape. Washington is in terrible shape. Obama has not done a thing to help us out of this. He had his chance and he blew it. Americans are concerned and unsure of what to do. It is my extreme hope that Americans will come to the realization that another term for Obama is not the answer. I hope they make the same decision I did when I voted for the fucker. We need a change and this time it's ain't going to be a Democrat. For fuck sakes it can't possibly get any worse than it is right now.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
It won't matter if he gets the nomination. Much of his base will vote for anyone as long as it's not Obama. Most people don't vote for a candidate, they usually vote against a candidate. That's why negative campaigning is so effective. You might not be all that great but if you demonize who people hate, they will side with you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Never assume the public is that sophisticated because they really aren't.

Trying to fix politics is like trying to fix stupid.

Very true...it just amazes me people form their opinions of a candidate based on ads:(

kwame k
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I'll just say this. The country is in terrible shape. Washington is in terrible shape. Obama has not done a thing to help us out of this. He had his chance and he blew it. Americans are concerned and unsure of what to do. It is my extreme hope that Americans will come to the realization that another term for Obama is not the answer. I hope they make the same decision I did when I voted for the fucker. We need a change and this time it's ain't going to be a Democrat. For fuck sakes it can't possibly get any worse than it is right now.

As another person who voted for Obama.....I'm shocked at what he's actually done!

Congress' approval rating is at 10% or something ridiculously low like that.......the country isn't moving in a direction that most sane Americans agree on. They throw in the freaks like Frothy, pRick, and Batshit to make the other guy look good. It's misdirection and it's childish.

We are in serious times right now.....we need a serious leader:(

Nitro Express
03-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Very true...it just amazes me people form their opinions of a candidate based on ads:(

I swear to god, I think if the power grid went down and got rid of all the electronic distractions and media, it actually would help this nation. People just let others do all the deciding for them and they follow trends. Politics is all image now and no substance. You have the Obama image and the Romney image.

Jagermeister
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
As another person who voted for Obama.....I'm shocked at what he's actually done!

Congress' approval rating is at 10% or something ridiculously low like that.......the country isn't moving in a direction that most sane Americans agree on. They throw in the freaks like Frothy, pRick, and Batshit to make the other guy look good. It's misdirection and it's childish.

I agree

Sadly I think the reason Congress is rated so low is more based on media bull shit than the truth. I mean come on. Most Americans don't know whats really going on on the Hill. They get that from the media. To be honest of you have ever tried to find out what bill are actually being voted on it hard as hell to figure out. Hell the damn Senate is more to blame IMO and they are mostly Democrats.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
What pisses me off about Obama is.......in a briefing like he gave Tuesday, he says all the right thing and I agree with 80% of what he said. The reality is he won't fucking do what he says:pullinghair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syExbd42UQY

FORD
03-07-2012, 07:07 PM

We should have insisted on the serious leader who was running in 2004.......

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/732758.jpg

...He would be in his 8th year now, and this country would be far better off for it. Best chance this country had since the BCE murdered Bobby Kennedy, and I can't believe they were allowed to steal this win from us over a goddamn manufactured "scream", of all things. :(

kwame k
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Kucinich is gone now, too!

Unchainme
03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
We should have insisted on the serious leader who was running in 2004.......

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/732758.jpg

...He would be in his 8th year now, and this country would be far better off for it. Best chance this country had since the BCE murdered Bobby Kennedy, and I can't believe they were allowed to steal this win from us over a goddamn manufactured "scream", of all things. :(

This is why Iowa and New Hampshire and the entire process sucks balls.

All too often, you're stuck with douche fuck hicks, and idiots choosing guys like Santorum, Kerry, and a whole multitude of idiots, after people who could have been much better candidates are ripped to shreds by the whore press.

Fuck, I wish Cain was running right now. He and his batshit crazy ideas would have my vote, regardless whether he said some naughty words to a few chicks.

FORD
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Kucinich is gone now, too!

Yeah, that was a whole different kind of political assassination there. They could never take him out in the general with a Repuke, or in a primary with a false "Democrat" DLC turd. So they fucked up his district, and forced him to compete against another actual Democrat on what was mostly her own turf. They didn't particularly care whether Dennis OR Marcy Kaptur won, they just knew they were guaranteed to get rid of one of them.

Dennis should have moved out here (like he was thinking about doing) and then he could have been my congressman in the new 10th district. Can't believe we have lost him, Anthony Weiner, Russ Feingold, and Alan Grayson all within the last two years. We need these REAL Democrats back in Congress, not the Lieberdouche/Nelson/Baucus/Obama/Clinton party.

kwame k
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
The thing that gets me is how blatant what they're doing is and yet no one seems to care!

We're fucked!