PDA

View Full Version : King's X Set Up Donation for Ailing Drummer Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/m

DLR'sCock
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Jerry actually lives here in Jersey, and has been in the hospital in Red Bank for about three weeks now. He's improving thankfully. One of my favorite drummers from one of my favorite bands.

Here's to seeing you behind the kit soon Jerry!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kings-x-set-up-donation-for-ailing-drummer-20120312

By Greg Prato
March 12, 2012 9:48 AM ET
On February 26th, a little more than a month before the veteran metal group King's X was to launch their latest tour, drummer Jerry Gaskill suffered a heart attack and had to undergo emergency surgery. Gaskill has remained in a hospital ever since, and the group is offering an exclusive live recording of a vintage 1991 concert to each person who donates to help offset the drummer's mounting medical expenses.

Available for download via the Molken Music website, Burning Down Boston: Live at The Channel 6.12.91 is an 89-minute, 14-track recording that captures the group while they were still touring in support of their most commercially successful release, 1990's Faith Hope Love, which spawned the MTV and rock radio hit "It's Love." In addition to that song, the set also includes renditions of such King's X classics as "Over My Head" and "Moanjam," among others.

King's X bassist Doug Pinnick recently offered an update about Gaskill's condition via his Facebook page: "Saw Jerry and he smiled and gave the thumbs-up. He seemed to recognize everyone and seems on it. Really cool. He is having some difficulty with the breathing, but overall looks sharp. Feel much better about this. Very excited. Just want to share that with you guys. Julie [Gaskill's fiancée] is amazing."

In addition to purchasing Burning Down Boston, anyone who wants to send a donation can mail a check (made out to Jerry Gaskill) to the following address: Jerry Gaskill, c/o World Entertainment Inc., P.O. Box 3095, Sea Bright, NJ 07760.

Related
Pearl Jam Meet King's X

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kings-x-set-up-donation-for-ailing-drummer-20120312#ixzz1p0vHVtGf

DLR Bridge
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow. I had no idea about the heart attack. What a bummer. I'll be having positive thoughts for him. His solo album was a phenomenal effort. He is so much more than a drummer in a rock band. Both he and Ty have done solo albums with miserable divorces as the dominant theme. I see his wife is Julie. He did a beautiful song on the last King's X cd called Julie. Get well soon Jerry. You're a soul deserving of much health and happiness.

sadaist
03-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Never listened to them. But good way to get the fans something & let them help out the drummer at the same time. Hope they get enough to take care of it & he gets well soon. Roth on!

Hardrock69
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
A very unique band. I opened for them at a small venue on their very first tour. Have seen them 3 or 4 times....my best friend's band opened for them in the mid-90s....

Fucking sucks. Doug says he is doing better (on Facebook).

Hope he recovers and becomes the picture of health again.

Fairwrning
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Live all over the place is one of my fave discs..great band

ELVIS
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Maybe it's time for Kings X to hang it up...

SparkieD
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Never listened to them.

You should start right now! They are incredible!