PDA

View Full Version : 'I've experimented with women': X-Files star Gillian Anderson confesses.....

Hardrock69
03-14-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2114743/Gillian-Anderson-confesses-lesbian-flings-Ive-experimented-women.html

'I've experimented with women': X-Files star Gillian Anderson confesses to lesbian flings as she poses in stunning shoot for Out magazine

To most people she is still best known as the cool and analytical Agent Scully on the The X-Files.

However Gillian Anderson has shown she is far less inhibited in real life, admitting she had lesbian flings in the past.

She said she first experimented with women during her rebellious teenaged years, when she moved from England to the United States.

Gillian, 43, told popular gay and lesbian fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle magazine Out: 'I was in a relationship with a girl for a long time when I was in high school.'

But she also said she was far too attracted to men for it to something more long-lasting.

She said: 'If I had thought I was 100% gay, would it have been a different experience for me?

'Would it have been a bigger deal if shame had been attached to it and all those things that become huge life-altering issues for youngsters in that situation?

'It’s possible that my attitude around it came, on some level, from knowing that I still liked boys'

Her first flirtation with lesbianism occurred during a period of huge upheaval in her life, an extended rebellious stage in her life following her move to Michigan.

She said: 'Going from London to a small Republican town like Grand Rapids was quite a shock.

'I thought it would be a place of sunshine and happiness and candy bars.'

And she said she indulged in other relationships that seemed mostly designed to shock people.

Gillian said: 'Based on how I chose to look, dress, behave, you know—the relationships I was in at the time were freaking people out.'

And while the actress is certainly more interested in men, she still likes to experiment with women from time to time.

Gillian, who was voted the sexiest woman in the world in 1996, said she has had other relationships women, though they have been the exception, not the rule.

But her personal relationships are not the only way the actress likes to buck convention.

She is currently playing against type by starring as Miss Havisham in BBC's Great Expectations, a role usually reserved for older actress.

She said: ''I’m aware that there’s mixed conversation about my age and about the way I chose to play her.

'I have a weird relationship to all that stuff. I get a little grin about it.

'I feel a smile coming on, and I wonder how much of that is a pleasurable "f*** you."'

The thespian also discussed a more serious topic however, the death of younger brother from a brain tumour last year at the age of just 30.

He was a Buddhist, and she said she was inspired by the grace and dignity with which he approached his death.

She said: 'He left me with a vigilance for the truth in my life and a conscious, active shedding of everything that feels contrary to me.

'There was an extraordinary period of time where we all got to be together for the last couple of weeks, and it had a sustained and profound effect on my life.'

Anderson is now the mother of three children.

She has a daughter, Piper Maru, 17, with her first ex-husband Clyde Klotz, who was a series assistant art director on The X-Files.

The couple divorce in 1997, and she later married documentary film maker Julian Ozanne in 2004.

She announced her separation with Ozanne in April 2006.

She went on to have two sons with her current partner Mark Griffiths, including Oscar, now five, and Felix, three.

I'd hit it....

hambon4lif
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
This thread could really use some pics of alleged experimentation.:thumb:

Hardrock69
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
I agree. There are a lot of fakes out there, but there ARE some real pics of her topless....unfortunately, by herself...not with other gurls....:(

bueno bob
03-14-2012, 10:47 PM
This is both fantastic and unfortunate news. Fantastic because, well, it's fantastic. Unfortunate because I can't tell you what it was like.