PDA

View Full Version : Did I ever tell you about the time...?

Seshmeister
03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Mad website which asks 'Did you ever meet a pop star once? Was it a dull story?'

http://rockandrolltedium.tumblr.com/

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Everyone I know who has met Sting always says he's a total prick. I know someone who had to interview him at a radio station and another friend was backstage at the last Police tour in Seattle. He works for a company that does environmental cleanups and when Andy Summers heard this was his line of work, he was interested in talking about it. He said he had a nice conversation with Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland on keeping the environment clean but said Sting was a total prick.

Unchainme
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
In the fall of 2008 I was living in Akron, Ohio. This was right after Obama had been elected and I was in line at Walgreen’s pharmacy leafing through a Newsweek about the recent election. The woman in front of me said “I’m so glad he won.” I looked up to see that it was Chrissie Hynde, Akron native and frontwoman of The Pretenders. She was buying toilet paper and a bottle of laundry detergent (she was living in the apartment complex across the street at that time, I later was informed). Nervous and not really knowing what to say, I just nodded and said, “Me too.” She paid for her stuff and left. As she walked out, I told the teenage girl working the cash register that she had just rung up one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time. She just looked at me with a mix of confusion and apathy.

http://rockandrolltedium.tumblr.com/page/5

Shocked Chrissy Hynde comes back here. i know she has a vegatarian place (which I've been meaning to give a shot too, but alas, havn't made my way there), but she seems to be the type that wouldn't be A.) hanging out in Akron B.) shopping at walgreens.

seems like someone who'd chill out in some apartment in london. But, I guess she lives in an apartment downtown.

Seshmeister
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Stewart Copeland definitely thinks Sting is a prick... :)

chefcraig
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM

Definitely. In fact, he took to taping a message to the guy on the heads of his drum kit, in order to pound out his frustration and fury.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7056/stewartcopelandcorbis53.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/stewartcopelandcorbis53.jpg/)

Nitro Express
03-19-2012, 01:54 AM

To be fair both Stewart and Andy admit Sting was a talent and was responsible for the Police having some good songs. I liked The Police. I never cared for Sting as a solo artist. Stewart cracked me up when he said that he was looking for an egotistical singer who could play bass but not that egoed out. LOL!

Hardrock69
03-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Friend of mine's mom worked for Kiss on various tours over the past 15-20 years. Finally when Ace left after the reunion tour, she had enough. She says she will never work for them again, and that Tommy Thayer is somewhat of a dick, but that Gene and Paul are absolute assholes. At least to work for.

Nitro Express
03-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Friend of mine's mom worked for Kiss on various tours over the past 15-20 years. Finally when Ace left after the reunion tour, she had enough. She says she will never work for them again, and that Tommy Thayer is somewhat of a dick, but that Gene and Paul are absolute assholes. At least to work for.

I knew a person that worked for them on The Hot in the Shade Tour and kind of said the same thing. I was a day hire for a couple bands in the early to mid 80's. Rush and Van Halen had the best crews and management by far. Journey was the worst. Molly Hatchet were cool.

The funny thing is I have seen Geddy Lee in person and don't remember him being all that short. It was on the Signals tour.

ELVIS
03-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Geddy Lee looks like a girl in person...

Seshmeister
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
It's funny watching people turn into their parents...