PDA

View Full Version : The US spends $1 Trillion a year processing income tax paperwork.

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Processing income tax is one of the biggest industries in the US. It's huge overhead. When you add up what the tax payers pay and what the government pays it rounds out to a staggering $1 Trillion wasted on shuffling paper. That's $1 Trillion wasted on nothing. This is a figure my accountant told me last week while working on my taxes.

Even if we had a 20% value added tax which seems huge to many people, it would be cheaper than our current stupid income tax system. It frees up $1 Trillion that is wasted and you get the people who normally don't pay income tax.

The current income tax is a joke because a huge percentage is getting wasted on the overhead to collect it.

gbranton
03-18-2012, 09:53 PM
It's sad, this what passes for an "economy" these days. The government prints worthless money, then wastes it just to get it in circulation and calls it stimulating the economy. In the end nothing is produced and the dollar is devalued. Meanwhile 99.999% of the US population is concerned with the straw man.

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 11:00 PM
There are states in this country that have no income tax. I happen to live in one. We run fine. I can't see why it wouldn't work for the Federal Government. Let people make their money and stay out of it. Leave them alone and then tax the consumption. It makes way more sense.

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 11:09 PM
It's sad, this what passes for an "economy" these days. The government prints worthless money, then wastes it just to get it in circulation and calls it stimulating the economy. In the end nothing is produced and the dollar is devalued. Meanwhile 99.999% of the US population is concerned with the straw man.

I just read a statistic that said by the time a six year old today becomes 18 they will have to pay a 95% tax rate to pay their share of the national debt if spending keeps going the way it has. Right now if you are born you are $45,000 in debt already.

We need to do something because these politicians are out of control. Some states are replacing the TSA with their own security. Some states have passed state sovergnty acts to where any federal regulations have to be ratified by those states to apply to those states. If we get enough states on board we can have a constitutional convention. If you look at the latest executive order Obama has signed he has basically put Homeland Security in charge of everything and it can confiscate and regulate at will if an national emergency is declared. None of these agency heads are accountable to the public or the congress. In fact they even have laws that makes it illegal to talk to congress. We're moving into dictatorship territory folks and I'm afraid the states are going to have to stand up until we get the federal mess and election process sorted out. The party system is a complete disaster that no longer works.

sadaist
03-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Here is something about taxes I've been thinking about. I filed online this year and they are taking forever as they review & make corrections for me. They have all my income records already so they can make any proper corrections for me.

So why file at all?

If the tax board is just going to correct it for me, why do I bother even filling out all the forms? Why don't they just calculate it like they are doing for me anyways and either cut me a check or send me a bill? Seems kind of pointless busy work to make us feel like we still have some sort of control over it all.

sadaist
03-18-2012, 11:33 PM
There are states in this country that have no income tax. .

And all the news in California right now is how the teachers union & Jerry Brown are putting a bill on the ballot to raise the tax rates here. We're already the highest. Guess they didn't feel like they had driven enough people & businesses out of the state. Nevada sure is close by....and 0 state income tax.

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm the president of a local chapter of a non profit organization. We get a notice from the IRS that we have register with them. They send all these forms. I'm not sure what to do and neither is my accountant so I go to the local IRS office. They don't know what to do either. I call the IRS and stay on hold forever. I waste hours of my life and finally after a year of the bullshit the IRS says we don't have to do anything. Unbelievable. We are financing this kind of bullshit with our tax money. Enough is enough. It's unproductive.

Nitro Express
03-18-2012, 11:43 PM
And all the news in California right now is how the teachers union & Jerry Brown are putting a bill on the ballot to raise the tax rates here. We're already the highest. Guess they didn't feel like they had driven enough people & businesses out of the state. Nevada sure is close by....and 0 state income tax.

I don't know if the other candidate would be better but I can't believe you guys voted in Brown again. Last time I was in the Silicon Valley it looked so depressed from what it was not too long ago. It amazes me that one of the world's largest economies now has a junk bond rating of a third world country. Loaning money to California today is like loaning money to Mexico or maybe even worse. There are actually some retired Americans fleeing California to live in Mexico. Some have come up here. I guess it just goes to prove the damage a bunch of crooked politicians and a dumb public can do to an economy and how little time it takes to ruin it.

sadaist
03-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm leaving very soon too. And I'm terribly sad about it. Native here....4th generation. I love the land here, but hate what it is filled with. I will miss being able to drive from the desert, through the mountains, to the beach all in 1 day.

Just holding out until the VH show in San Diego. Getting everything prepped until then.

Nitro Express
03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Oh I love California. I have a lot of fond memories of the place but geeze, not enough people have waken up there to turn the tide. Too many professional voters expecting a check from the state me thinks. The government is so stifling there it's hard to get anything done and it's expensive. One of my friends who moved from LA is now working in Shanghai and likes to joke California is now more communist than the People's Republic of China is.