PDA

View Full Version : The search for Paul Johnson Jr

Fabulous Shadow
06-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Paul Johnson Jr is the American being held hostage in Saudi Arabi. I am deeply saddened by his story. I just can't imagine how it must feel for his family members to see his photo on the web and on TV.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040616/040616_kidnappedAmerican_hmed_7p.standard.jpg

He is a father and fathers day is Sunday. From what I understand he has lived in Saudi for 12 years and loves and respects the country.

Apparently, his kidnappers said in a video and a written statement on an Islamic Web on Tuesday that Saudi authorities would have 72 hours to respond to their demands or Johnson would be killed.
The 72 hours ends sometime Friday; the kidnappers did not specify a time

(taken from MSNBC) Al-Moameen described himself as Johnson's co-worker but provided no other details on his identity or location. He said Johnson had expressed interest in converting to Islam and opposition to U.S. political policies.

Do you think this guy could be in on it???

knuckleboner
06-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Al-Moameen described himself as Johnson's co-worker but provided no other details on his identity or location. He said Johnson had expressed interest in converting to Islam and opposition to U.S. political policies.

Do you think this guy could be in on it??? [/B]

this is obviously a little late, but apparently this guy went on saudi TV to plead for his friend's life. he said how much his friend respected muslim culture. he also said that while he prayed for his friend's safe return, he would curse the captors if anything happened to johnson.

while it's possible he was an accomplice, it really seemed like he was just trying to save his friend's life.