PDA

View Full Version : Misheard lyric in Beautiful Girls

Yount
03-23-2012, 04:16 AM
I searched for the Etch A Sketch thread for no luck. Merge this if you find it.

I think Dave was ahead of the wave in '78-'79. In the repeating chorus at the end of Beautiful girls Dave pleads to the tech savvy vixen, "Set your cell phone down." A trek to the wilderness perhaps?

Thoughts?

adena dodds
03-23-2012, 05:02 AM
It's called Little Guitars. Try finding it now.

ELVIS
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Set your self on down ??

diamondclaudio
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
the original lyrics of beautiful girls say " sit yourself on down". lol.

SNIPER
03-23-2012, 10:10 PM

I think Dave was ahead of the wave in '78-'79. In the repeating chorus at the end of Beautiful girls Dave pleads to the tech savvy vixen, "Set your cell phone down." A trek to the wilderness perhaps?

Thoughts?

Thats so funny you say that, I was thinking it sounded like that a few weeks ago when I heard it and even commented about it to the girlfriend and kids.

SNIPER
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Here is one I really don't know and I always just mumble through it for the last 28 years. What the hell is the chorus on Sinners Swing?? Oh yeah, I guess I could just google the lyrics for that.

So this is love
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
:lmao::hitch::lmao::bingesmoking::stop::bigboobs: Funny... as much as don't wanna see Dave with a headset, I don't see Dave using a cell phone????

So this is love
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Here is one I really don't know and I always just mumble through it for the last 28 years. What the hell is the chorus on Sinners Swing?? Oh yeah, I guess I could just google the lyrics for that.

Dude I have the lyrics downstairs but that means I would wake up the wife sleeping next to me + missing some of the hockey game and probly spilling some of my rum and coke....so google is better yeah!!!!!!!

SNIPER
03-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Dude I have the lyrics downstairs but that means I would wake up the wife sleeping next to me + missing some of the hockey game and probly spilling some of my rum and coke....so google is better yeah!!!!!!!

HAHA! Yeah, don't do that!! It was "Get out and push"

diamondclaudio
03-23-2012, 10:32 PM
By the way, does somebody tell me what Dave is telling live during EWS, something about a voice that says tonight is ladies night? Cause a number of summers ago I heard him say " and the lord spoke down to me and said diamond Dave: never hit on seventeen you motherfucker!!"

NIN1211
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
By the way, does somebody tell me what Dave is telling live during EWS, something about a voice that says tonight is ladies night? Cause a number of summers ago I heard him say " and the lord spoke down to me and said diamond Dave: never hit on seventeen you motherfucker!!"

My Big Qusetion is This....why in the video of Jump does Dave do a, excuse me, Whooo ohh after Ed's solo....but on the disc it's not there. What came first The vid or the cd? Anyone know what I am talking about? This is bigger than the chicken and the egg in my opinion.

So this is love
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
HAHA! Yeah, don't do that!! It was "Get out and push"

yOU GOT ME...THIS I KNEW.....Get out and push

So this is love
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM
My Big Qusetion is This....why in the video of Jump does Dave do a, excuse me, Whooo ohh after Ed's solo....but on the disc it's not there. What came first The vid or the cd? Anyone know what I am talking about? This is bigger than the chicken and the egg in my opinion.

WELL YEAH!!!! ! IN MY MIND NOTHING IS bigger than the chicken and the egg SO PLEASE TELL ME????????

gbranton
03-23-2012, 10:59 PM

Thoughts?

Hmmmm, let's see..........."Beautiful Girls" recorded in 1979..........the first cellular network was established in America in 1983.........I'm thinking the answer is "FUCK NO" but let me think about it, have another drink and get back to you.

adena dodds
03-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I love the song That's When Push Comes To Shove....I think that's the title, anyway I've always loved the way he was talking to me in the beginning of that song, you know when he's says..."Is there anything to do toinght?" "Anything left in that bottle?" He sounded so sexy...just the way he looked! Not that it's all past tense or anything......

chefcraig
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Hmmmm, let's see..........."Beautiful Girls" recorded in 1979..........the first cellular network was established in America in 1983.........I'm thinking the answer is "FUCK NO" but let me think about it, have another drink and get back to you.

It's like that line in Steve Miller's "Take The Money And Run", where the detective "knows just exactly what the FAX is." The FAX machine was largely unknown until the early 1980s, but Miller managed to predict it's widespread popularity way back in 1976.

gbranton
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
It's like that line in Steve Miller's "Take The Money And Run", where the detective "knows just exactly what the FAX is." The FAX machine was largely unknown until the early 1980s, but Miller managed to predict it's widespread popularity way back in 1976.

Amazing. Just imagine what he could do with that forsight if he needed the money, but he doesn't since his greatest hits album sells over 100,000 copies every year.

Sensible Shoes
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Just the facts ma'am.