PDA

View Full Version : OH SHIT! Quiet Riot's US Festival performance will be released on DVD/CD!

BITEYOASS
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
FUCK YEAH!!! :killer::rockit2::jammin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uuz5CKwtyhk

ELVIS
03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
They played here on the Bayou in the mid '90s and Cavazo used my Marshalls and offered to purchase my '73 Superlead because he liked how loud it was...

They sucked that night and Dubrow was a dickhead looking for drugs...

But Carlos was super cool and took me and my friend on the tour bus and showed us a few vintage guitars he had with him...

The DVD looks promising...

:elvis:

DLR Bridge
03-24-2012, 09:11 AM
I saw Ratt 2 or 3 years ago and Carlos Cavazo was in Robin Crosby's spot. He looked exactly the same as he did in this clip. Some people just never age.

sadaist
03-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I tripped out a little when I first heard an interview with Carlos. I swear I always thought he would have a Mexican accent. I like him in Ratt though. I never ever like replacements in bands. Ever. But for some reason I think he fits perfect here & I actually like it.

RATT N ROLL

Mr. Vengeance
03-24-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't know why they don't just release the entire thing on DVD? Anyone my age would buy the thing.

TJMKID
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know why they don't just release the entire thing on DVD? Anyone my age would buy the thing.

From the various clips I've seen --- most bands sucked pretty bad at the '83 US Festival. Probably because it was 100F degrees for the entire weekend and people were more interested in avoiding heat stroke than enjoying the music.

Motley Crue even wrote in their autobiography it was one of the most embarrassing moments of their career.

sadaist
03-24-2012, 11:03 AM
mid '90s.....

I saw them in that era too. I felt sad because their "tour bus" was a beat to shit Ford conversion van. I kid you not.

Anyways, a chick I worked with....her uncle owned the place they played. Decent concert gig in San Diego called 4th & B. She scored me 18 free tickets. I gathered everyone I could & their friends too....but still had a couple extra. I hung outside & grabbed a couple guys at the ticket window about to pay cash & handed them the free tix.

Good show though. Had fun.

ELVIS
03-24-2012, 11:44 AM
They had a real rental RV/tour bus when they were here...

Dubrow probably snorted the little bit of money they made by the time they got to Cali...

:biggrin:

ELVIS
03-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Motley Crue even wrote in their autobiography it was one of the most embarrassing moments of their career.

Because they fucking sucked live back in the day and the US Festival caught it on film...

They sound 1000 times better these days...

sadaist
03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Because they fucking sucked live back in the day and the US Festival caught it on film...

They sound 1000 times better these days...

They're going on tour with KISS. WTF? Seems like a superb pairing. But I've seen KISS & was severely disappointing. Maybe touring with Crue, who always has a great show, will force KISS to really step it up. Never been to a bad Crue show.

Was actually my 1st concert ever back in 85 or 86 Theater Of Pain tour with Loudness opening up. Awesome!

Seshmeister
03-24-2012, 04:57 PM

And that's sayin something... :)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-24-2012, 05:21 PM
They're going on tour with KISS. WTF? Seems like a superb pairing. But I've seen KISS & was severely disappointing. Maybe touring with Crue, who always has a great show, will force KISS to really step it up. Never been to a bad Crue show.

You obviously didn't see them on I think what was Crue Fest 2... They played the entire Dr. Feelgood, and it sucked balls....

Nitro Express
03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
From the various clips I've seen --- most bands sucked pretty bad at the '83 US Festival. Probably because it was 100F degrees for the entire weekend and people were more interested in avoiding heat stroke than enjoying the music.

It was a long day. I don't so much remember the heat as I do getting sunburned and then when the sun went down it cooled down. When VH was playing I had the chills and did not feel good.

To be honest, I'm not so into these festival things. I would just rather go see a band at a regular venue and raise hell for two or three hours. Dragging it over three days and a bunch of bands just really doesn't work. To his credit Woz spent the money and did the planning to make the US Festival as much of a fun experience as possible.

BITEYOASS
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
A stadium is the largest venue I would want to see a band play in. Mainly because of the bathrooms, no mud, shade nearby, and walking back to the car.

TJMKID
03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
To be honest, I'm not so into these festival things. I would just rather go see a band at a regular venue and raise hell for two or three hours. Dragging it over three days and a bunch of bands just really doesn't work. To his credit Woz spent the money and did the planning to make the US Festival as much of a fun experience as possible.

Now that I'm in my 40's ---- no way in hell I would attend a large festival. Standing all day in the sun or rain with no seats and overflowing Port-A-Johns doesnt sound like much fun to me. Let the young whipper-snappers put up with that shit ---- they aren't there for music anyway ---- just a chance to mosh and maybe grope some chicks.

gbranton
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Now that I'm in my 40's ---- no way in hell I would attend a large festival. Standing all day in the sun or rain with no seats and overflowing Port-A-Johns doesnt sound like much fun to me. Let the young whipper-snappers put up with that shit ---- they aren't there for music anyway ---- just a chance to mosh and maybe grope some chicks.

47 here and I just bought tickets to see Iron Maiden. I had a fan club presale code and the first two searches I did for tickets netted me coveted pit tickets and I threw them back both times. I have no urge to stand in one spot for five hours in the July Atlanta heat, even if it is under a covered pavillion.

It's the same venue KISS/Motley are coming to and I'm think I'm skipping that all together since I've seen them both INDOORS in the past couple of years and it also is in the blast furnace otherwise known as late July.

sadaist
03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
You obviously didn't see them on I think what was Crue Fest 2... They played the entire Dr. Feelgood, and it sucked balls....

Nope. Haven't seen them in a long time actually. Umm....did they tour with Anthrax back when John Bush was still with em? Shit. now that I think about it, musta been 11 years ago or so.

Someone else big was on that tour too. Scorpions? Fuck me...I swear I can't remember and don't have access to my stub collection.

sadaist
03-24-2012, 07:44 PM
and maybe grope some chicks.

I will never stop trying to do that.

Terry
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM

Neil was clearly gacked on coke...gacked to the point where he could barely sing.

I suppose I'd pick up the QR US Fest on dvd...more out of historical interest than anything else.

When I saw QR open for Sabbath in 1983, I wasn't impressed. Same went for when I saw Crue open for Ozzy in 1984. Being in my early teens and having my first exposure to both those bands on MTV and vinyl before seeing them live, I was actually a bit confused as to why both bands sounded so terrible live.

However, QR at Dortmund in 1983 was a pretty good set from them, far as live shows available on dvd go.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Might be a tad unfair, but I think most bands that played during the daylight (QR, Crue, Ozzy, Priest, Triumph) didn't have the greatest set that day....

Terry
03-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Scorpions put on a competent set.

Matt White
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Makes you realize WHY VAN HALEN got signed & QR didn't back in the 70's..............DuBrow was a turd of a frontman

Diamondjimi
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Makes you realize WHY VAN HALEN got signed & QR didn't back in the 70's.............

If QR was #2 in LA at the time, they certainly weren't a close 2nd by any stretch...

.DuBrow was a turd of a frontman

:lol:

Seshmeister
03-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Might be a tad unfair, but I think most bands that played during the daylight (QR, Crue, Ozzy, Priest, Triumph) didn't have the greatest set that day....

The clips of Ozzy looked fine, I think I remember saying in another thread that I couldn't understand how Jake E Lee had the balls to play as well as that at his first gig.

Matt White
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
LOOK!!! Its JAKE E LEE!!!

at aboot 2:13....watch who pops up to take the solo!

Dig that Les Paul JR TV model! Always KEWL Jake!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIPipNL8Efk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIPipNL8Efk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

and at 3:43 checkout the bass player! Nice KISS dig! LMFAO And BOOBIES to boot!

BRAVO!!!

WACF
03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
The clips of Ozzy looked fine, I think I remember saying in another thread that I couldn't understand how Jake E Lee had the balls to play as well as that at his first gig.

F U C K

That was sweet!

jhale667
03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Jake's a monster player.

They played here on the Bayou in the mid '90s and Cavazo used my Marshalls and offered to purchase my '73 Superlead because he liked how loud it was...

But Carlos was super cool and took me and my friend on the tour bus and showed us a few vintage guitars he had with him...

The DVD looks promising...

Carlos is a super cool dude. Can't say enough good about him, used to love hanging out talking guitar with him.

How'd he end up using your amps, their contract rider at the time I worked for them stated the promoter had to supply two JCM 800 or 900 full-stacks per gig...?

:guitar:

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
The owner of the club knew me and that I had a few Marshalls...

I think I got $50 out of the deal...

jhale667
03-26-2012, 11:59 AM
The owner of the club knew me and that I had a few Marshalls...

I think I got $50 out of the deal...

Pfft...sounds like he low-balled you - you probably saved the club owner more than that in rental fees..

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I know, I would have done it for free...

Dude, there was nobody at that gig, I felt kinda bad...

jhale667
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I know, I would have done it for free...

Dude, there was nobody at that gig, I felt kinda bad...

I can relate, my Koa Strat almost got borrowed as an back-up at one point (had the right pickups, neck dimensions and hardware), and totally would've been down to let Carlos use it.
The summer tour I worked for them was like that...they'd play for 200 people in a club one night, and 10-20,000 at some festival gig the next night...never a dull moment, though. :baaa: They were a machine live though...and Frankie is one of the best rock drummers alive besides Alex VH...

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Frankie was good as was Rudy, Carlos had some distortion pedal in the front of my amps and it sounded like crap...

That's why he wanted the 800-900s with a master volume...

Originally I was supposed to help set my amps up and get them sounding good but then somebody wouldn't let me, I don't remember exactly...

philouze
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
DuBrow always thought he was Steve Marriott. But he had a great voice, me thinks. Love the QR Rehab album.
Maybe he was a dick (never met him so what do I know?), but I was sad when I heard about his passing. Sent an e-mail to Banali, never got an answer.

jhale667
03-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Deep down Dubrow was a sweetheart. He was funny, thoughtful, and charming as hell when he wanted to be. SURE, he had a temper, but most rock stars do. His (off-the-record) Randy stories were epic. He left a couple of seriously off-color voicemails on my machine back in the day I always said I'd blackmail him with ("G'head - I dare ya!" he'd yell :lmao:), still have the tape. I miss his wacky sense of humor...he and Frankie were like a running comedy routine.

Nitro Express
03-26-2012, 02:17 PM
One of my all time favorite guitar solos is the one Carlos nailed on Cum on Feel the Noize.

philouze
03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
I miss his wacky sense of humor...he and Frankie were like a running comedy routine.

Yep, just listen to the Rockline interview they did for Rehab, just before Kev passed away. True fuckin funny moments. I miss the dude.

Von Halen
03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
FUCK YEAH!!! :killer::rockit2::jammin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uuz5CKwtyhk

Good lord. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the girl at :46. Wow.

Jagermeister
03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Good lord. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the girl at :46. Wow.

Yup. Loved the 80's man. :biggrin:

jhale667
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Yep, just listen to the Rockline interview they did for Rehab, just before Kev passed away. True fuckin funny moments. I miss the dude.

Me too. Think that interview was funny, imagine being along for the ride to a gig... non-stop silliness. :lmao:

tojoro
03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Any further word on the QR doc Frankie was working on? Would've thought this would've been packaged with it...or at least coincide with it's release.
I hear Frankie is looking to reform QR...suprising, but his business. I don't really see the point.
Looks like he's had Alex Grossi and Chuck Wright in place for some time, (how come no Cavazo/Sarzo?), but he's on his third singer now?
I'd take that as a sign and shut that train down for good.
Dunno what it is, it just seems most who have been in that band didn't have the best of luck
Looking forward to the doc, if it happens, and I'll be picking this up for sure, thanks for the heads-up.

~T.

SNIPER
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
They were pretty damn solid back then on that hot day from what I have seen. Unlike Motley:hee: Keven had some pipes!

sadaist
03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
They were pretty damn solid back then on that hot day from what I have seen. Unlike Motley:hee: Keven had some pipes!

Yeah, yeah. Vince can't sing. BFD. It aint Crue without him. And for a time in the 80's they were my favorite band. During the Shout & Theater era they were fucking awesome! Lucky for them Dave was out of VH. LOL. That allowed a lot of other bands to try for that attention that would have been going to 1984's follow up with Dave singing.

Terry
03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
One of my all time favorite guitar solos is the one Carlos nailed on Cum on Feel the Noize.

Funny you mention that. The tune was on the radio just the other day, and I felt the same way hearing the solo now as I did hearing it nearly 30 years ago...just a great solo. A little flashy, but melodic, just the right length, perfect for the song, memorable...with each note serving a purpose.

I'd be surprised if the solo that ended on record wasn't a composite...or at least a solo that was very methodically worked out in advance of the recording. It'd be pretty amazing if that solo ended up being something Cavazo improvised and got down in one take.

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Lets here Motley kill their best song...

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Quiet Riot's best song...

ELVIS
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
The best band at the Us Fest was Triumph !!

sadaist
03-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Motley kill their best song...

Sweet man. That's in my top 3 Crue tunes too! Love the guitar. Wish I could have seen them before Theater of pain just to see them in their iconic stage outfits. I had the album from Shout opened up to that awesome center photo & pinned to my wall. They looked ready to do some serious battle with demons in hell. Pretty cool to a 13 year old.

Seshmeister
03-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah, yeah. Vince can't sing. BFD. It aint Crue without him. And for a time in the 80's they were my favorite band. During the Shout & Theater era they were fucking awesome!

I've heard quite a few people say that over the years but I found them far too patchy. There are a crazy amount of fillers on those albums, has Nicky Sixx not admitted as much himself?

Ignoring their first I wonder if GGG isn't their best album because it has 3 or 4 songs on it rather than the usual 2...

Seshmeister
03-27-2012, 07:07 AM
The best band at the Us Fest was Triumph !!

They could have made a lot of money from a washing powder sponsorship...

sadaist
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
I've heard quite a few people say that over the years but I found them far too patchy. There are a crazy amount of fillers on those albums, has Nicky Sixx not admitted as much himself?

Ignoring their first I wonder if GGG isn't their best album because it has 3 or 4 songs on it rather than the usual 2...

Looking back I can see a lot of filler songs. but the 1st 2 albums I don't think so. And those 2 albums are when Crue were my favorite band. Once Theater Of Pain hit....yeah, there was quite a bit of yuck on that. Hell, almost the whole damn album. Umm...Home Sweet Home I think is the only song that has survived. And I have always hated Smokin in the Boys Room.

LOL. Looking at the track list for Theater Of Pain. I forgot that album is pretty damn crappy.

*I think they were awesome during the theater era because they were new & everyone was just getting into them. So it was almost like we got all 3 first albums all at once. And the first 2 are great still.....(although #1 is really produced badly)

Von Halen
03-27-2012, 08:44 AM
They could have made a lot of money from a washing powder sponsorship...

Not sure what you meant by that, but the Triumph live shows were some of the most powerful shows at the time. When you left a Triumph show, you felt like you got your ass kicked. Great live band.

Seshmeister
03-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Not sure what you meant by that, but the Triumph live shows were some of the most powerful shows at the time.

I was talking about their costumes. :)

ELVIS
03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
This band used all-temperature Cheer...

http://www.houseofhaironline.com/Images/bow/triumph1.jpg

This band didn't...

http://rokpool.com/files/artist/slayer6.jpg?1315223788

Seshmeister
03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
How do you keep your white pants so immaculate on a tour bus?

I guess that explains why in those days even Ozzy apparently had a seamstress on his.

Mr. Vengeance
03-27-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I remember watching some of it way back in the 80's, and now on Youtube. Crue was bad. The rest were all pretty good considering, except Ozzy forgetting the words. Judas Priest was good.

Mr. Vengeance
03-27-2012, 07:16 PM
BTW, I picked it up today. Both the CD and DVD in one for $13 at Walmart. Win.

Terry
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Sweet man. That's in my top 3 Crue tunes too! Love the guitar. Wish I could have seen them before Theater of pain just to see them in their iconic stage outfits. I had the album from Shout opened up to that awesome center photo & pinned to my wall. They looked ready to do some serious battle with demons in hell. Pretty cool to a 13 year old.

Which is just it, really. When hitting the early teens, the first two Crue albums did sound pretty good and they had a cool image.

Theater of Pain was just fucking gayness, though.

minkahed
03-27-2012, 09:38 PM
:biggrin::biggrin:
I will never stop trying to do that.

I swear, you are one funny mofo ...