what was that actress's name?

Susan George

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Susan_George/110657/susan_george_photo_1.jpg

Sensible Shoes
03-24-2012, 07:07 PM
That is what I thought! Ding ding ding

gbranton
03-24-2012, 07:16 PM
I thought the part she played was too flakey, but it DID make me want a Dodge Charger.

I have also been wanting to add this print to my collection, it is of five famous movie cars and in the background has some element of how they met their end in the movie:

http://www.michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/2008_EOTL/index.html

Problem is, I already have six prints by this artist in my collection and I am out of room.

http://www.michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/images/EOTL_sn_rgb.jpg

vanhalen1r2
03-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I thought the part she played was too flakey, but it DID make me want a Dodge Charger.

I have also been wanting to add this print to my collection, it is of five famous movie cars and in the background has some element of how they met their end in the movie:

http://www.michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/2008_EOTL/index.html

Problem is, I already have six prints by this artist in my collection and I am out of room.

http://www.michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/images/EOTL_sn_rgb.jpg

Vanishing point made me want a Challenger

Sensible Shoes
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I always wanted an early model Camero for no good reason.

gbranton
03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
I always wanted an early model Camero for no good reason.

Even though I am a Mustang guy, there are plenty of good reasons to want one.

kwame k
03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
My first car was a '68 RS Camaro!

gbranton
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry trivia time:

Notice the car in the video appears green and the one in the print appears yellow. The three cars used in the movie were a color called Limelight Yellow, which was a yellowish flourescent green color. The film processors back in 1974 'corrected' the color of the film, not realizing the greenish tint they were seeing was NOT a lighting error and made the car appear a bright yellow color in theaters and all film and video releases until the 2005 DVD, which featured the car in a more correct color.

I am telling my age here, but I remember seeing it in the theater with my parents.

Sensible Shoes
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I remember seeing it in the theater WITHOUT my parents.

gbranton
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Vanishing point made me want a Challenger

Yes, and the Viggo Mortensen remake made me want to hurl. Loved Clevon Little in that movie.

"Top speed?........Unlimited."

hambon4lif
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
There's a scene in 'Jackie Brown' where Bridget Fonda is watching this movie while chiefin' on a bong.

It went over alot of peoples heads that she was actually watching one of her fathers flicks. I thought it was clever of Tarantino to put that in there.....

kwame k
03-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I caught that scene in Jackie Brown.....I thought it was a cool nod to her dad, too:beers8:

Little Texan
03-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I wonder if this movie was the inspiration for the Dukes of Hazzard tv series?

gbranton
03-24-2012, 08:15 PM
There's a scene in 'Jackie Brown' where Bridget Fonda is watching this movie while chiefin' on a bong.

Jackie Brown is a criminally underrated movie. It suffered from being the movie after one of the best movies ever made, Pulp Fiction. If it were released today it would be hailed as a return to form for Tarentino.

hambon4lif
03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Jackie Brown is a criminally underrated movie. It suffered from being the movie after one of the best movies ever made, Pulp Fiction. If it were released today it would be hailed as a return to form for Tarentino.Great flick! It has its audience. It's like a really damn good cult movie.
Me and some friends made a drinking game from it. We'd have the vodka & o.j. ready to go, and every scene they were drinking a screwdriver, we'd make one for ourselves.
By the end of the movie everyone had a really good fucking buzz going.:thumb:

gbranton
03-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Great flick! It has its audience. It's like a really damn good cult movie.

It's one of those movies that when one of my friends tells me they haven't seen it I freak out and pop it in the player.

Another great movie that you might like if you dig Jackie Brown is "Bound", a mob flick with Gina Gershon, Joe Pantoliano and Jennifer Tilley, written and directed by the Warchowski brothers (The Matrix, V For Vendetta).

Nitro Express
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
The kid next door had a 67 Charger. I always lusted after that car. He was always the guy with the chicks too. I wanted to be him when I grew up.

My brother in law had a 68 Charger. I have no idea why but he just left that car out in the Seattle rain and it rusted pretty bad. He later sold it for more money than any sane person would pay for a rusted out car. He was going to restore it but life got in the way.

Nitro Express
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
It's one of those movies that when one of my friends tells me they haven't seen it I freak out and pop it in the player.

Another great movie that you might like if you dig Jackie Brown is "Bound", a mob flick with Gina Gershon, Joe Pantoliano and Jennifer Tilley, written and directed by the Warchowski brothers (The Matrix, V For Vendetta).

I've never seen this movie. You can't beat fast and flying 440 MOPAR and Mary to fuck.

gbranton
03-24-2012, 10:22 PM
I've never seen this movie.

Bound? Jackie Brown? Or Dirty Mary....?

vanhalen1r2
03-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Good question we are left in suspense

Nitro Express
03-25-2012, 12:07 AM

None of them have I seen.

gbranton
03-25-2012, 12:30 AM
None of them have I seen.

Do you even like movies? LOL.

OK, Jackie Brown will appeal to you if you liked Pulp Fiction. Very dialogue driven, with several lines in the water at once with some back and forth in the timeline, much like Pulp Fiction. It's a more subtle movie but with standout performances from DeNiro, Samuel Jackson, Pam Grier and others.

Dirty Mary... is a 1970's car chase movie, a la Gone in 60 Seconds (the original) don't look for a great script, great acting or a complex story. Just speeding and smashing.

As for Bound, it is a straight up mob thriller. Well acted, well directed and suspenseful as all get out. I watch a lot of movies and usually during movies like this one at some point somebody has to do something stupid to make the story play out, not so in this movie. It is smart and well paced. Everyone I have screened it for has really liked it.

Sensible Shoes
03-25-2012, 01:43 AM
when we went to the movies in the 70s we always went to the movies boys liked. Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry; Dog Day Afternoon, All the Burt Reynolds films - the race series, and that football flick - what's the name of that s 70's icon? Semi Tough?

gbranton
03-25-2012, 02:12 AM
what's the name of that s 70's icon? Semi Tough?

There were three that were pretty good:

North Dallas Forty, based on the book by former Cowboys reciever Peter Gent and starring Mac Davis and Nick Nolte.

Semi-Tough, based on the book written by former Sport Illustrated writed Dan Jenkins and starring Burt Reynolds and Kkkris Kristopherson.

The Longest Yard, starring Burt Reynolds, Eddie Albert and Bernadette Peters.