PDA

View Full Version : Tax Free Mall

Nitro Express
03-29-2012, 07:07 AM
http://www.kutv.com/news/features/local/stories/vid_797.shtml

Unbelievable. First the mormon church spends $5 Billion on a mall the city didn't need and now the IRS gives this luxury mall tax exempt status. Romney isn't even in office yet. Maybe they made a generous donation to the Obama campaign or Larry Reid and Orrin Hatch have some influence over at the IRS.

BITEYOASS
03-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Now I know why my ancestors drove the Mormons out of the eastern US with violence.

ELVIS
03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah folks...

Let the corrupt bought and sold federal government handle your healthcare...

kwame k
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
For the love of Christ, E!

STFU!

kwame k
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Interesting.......you buy a condo and you lease it for 99 years, it then reverts back to the LDS Church.

If I didn't have any morals I would fucking start a new religion and get in on this tax-free money scam!

ELVIS
03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
For the love of Christ, E!

STFU!

This is a message board, kickme...

But this is just another example of the bought off federal government...

BTW, what are morals ??

gbranton
03-29-2012, 12:00 PM
If I didn't have any morals I would fucking start a new religion and get in on this tax-free money scam!

Why not? L. Ron Hubbard did. He even stated in an interview before the fact that he should start a new religion because that's where the money is at.

Nitro Express
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you spend $5 billion on a mall. They tore down a bunch of buildings and build a huge parking garage that is all underground. Not cheap but me suspects there was some skimming going on. Oh well, the church did this because they no longer politically control metropolitan Salt Lake City. The Momrons have moved to the suburbs and hispanics have moved in. Mormons are no longer the majority and the politics leans democratic. So notice the city is going to get their property tax out of the church's big fat pockets.

One building that is in the mall area and I don't know if they moved it is the Salt Lake City Federal Reserve Bank. Either the church leased or sold them that property.

The funny thing about the condos is the church thought they could get $1,000,000 for the ones that had a view of the Salt Lake Temple. Last I heard the price had been dropped to $500,000.

You would think Gene Simmons ran the church. LOL! Everything is for sale.

Nitro Express
03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
The church's partner who has the current lease on the mall went to prison for price fixing auctions.

E-mail | Print | Comments | Request Reprints | E-Mail Newsletters | My Yahoo! | RSS

Click here to find out more!
Connoisseur's Guide
Who's Who In The Sotheby's Price-Fixing Trial
Anna Rohleder

A. Alfred Taubman

A. Alfred Taubman

A. Alfred Taubman, 76, a Michigan shopping-mall magnate with a net worth of $770 million, according to Forbes, bought Sotheby's in 1983--some say as a wedding present for his wife Judy, a former Miss Israel--and took the company public in 1988. Under Taubman's ownership, the respected auction house, which had been suffering as a result of the economic downturn of the late 1980s, was revived--Taubman having injecting the once-stuffy business with some American flair and cash.

Many art world insiders resented what Taubman had done but he was successful at luring the upwardly mobile to the once-rarified auction business through popular sales such as the $34.5 million sale of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' estate in 1996. In February 2000, Taubman stepped down as chairman of Sotheby's Holdings, but still holds the majority of voting shares in the company. He was indicted in May 2001 by a federal jury in Manhattan on a criminal charge of fixing the rates that Sotheby's charged to sellers at auction. He has already agreed to contribute $156 million of his own money to Sotheby's $256 million share of the settlement reached in a class-action suit brought by clients who did business with both Sotheby's and Christie's during the six years that the price fixing scheme was allegedly in place. His trial was originally scheduled for October but was postponed after the attack on the World Trade Center until the first week of November. If convicted in the trial, Taubman could face a fine of $350,000 and three years in jail.

Nitro Express
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Now I know why my ancestors drove the Mormons out of the eastern US with violence.

The state of Missouri made it legal to kill a Mormon. That law was still on the state books until the 1980's.

ELVIS
03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you spend $5 billion on a mall.

By stealing the money...