PDA

View Full Version : Roths Lyrics are... What??!! He Said THAT?!? WTF?!

Sweet Irony
03-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I have to laugh at 'misheard lyrics'...and there are a million examples out there...
But the latest one for me is from 'Tattoo'...

Swap meet Sally....(at least I didnt think it was 'swamp meat'!! lolol)

....????

So its 'TRAMP STAMP TAT' ?? Seriously?? Am I losing my hearing in my old age?
What did YOU think it was? I just kept sloshing over it with something like 'drimsdell cat'...

At the risk of your own embarassment, please let me know that Im not alone here!! :D Not just ADKOT---any Dave/VH lyrics will do!!

DLR Bridge
03-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I have to laugh at 'misheard lyrics'...and there are a million examples out there...
But the latest one for me is from 'Tattoo'...

Swap meet Sally....(at least I didnt think it was 'swamp meat'!! lolol)

....????

So its 'TRAMP STAMP TAT' ?? Seriously?? Am I losing my hearing in my old age?
What did YOU think it was? I just kept sloshing over it with something like 'drimsdell cat'...

At the risk of your own embarassment, please let me know that Im not alone here!! :D Not just ADKOT---any Dave/VH lyrics will do!!

Well, you're certainly not alone, but I believe the majority of us who tripped over the lyrics were set straight at this very place the day the single came out. Where've ya been? LOL.

vanshipman
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
When Diver Down came out, I was hearing "etch a sketch" in Little Guitars...lol As far as lyrics go now, I'd love to see Dave learn the lyrics to Hang em High, and China Town! Lol

sadaist
03-30-2012, 11:56 PM
My worst was in Hot For teacher :(

I've got it made, got it made, got it made........I'm hot for teacher

I've got it made...sooo great......I'm hot for teacher.

vanshipman
03-31-2012, 02:53 AM
My worst was in Hot For teacher :(

I've got it made, got it made, got it made........I'm hot for teacher

I've got it made...sooo great......I'm hot for teacher.

Oh yeah, I thought the same thing myself for quite a while! Too funny!

Yount
03-31-2012, 04:10 AM
So its 'TRAMP STAMP TAT' ?? Seriously??!!

Well, almost every lyric site has the line 'TRAMP STAMP KAT'. In the video clip Ed looks like he says it, but the lyrics with the ADKOT CD say otherwise (but then again some of those lyrics are wrong too)

I'm guessing Dave is keeping us guessing and talking around the dinner table quote unquote

rocking ron
03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Ain't talkin'bout love : got to got to BLEED baby = got to got to PLEAD baby!!!!!!!!!!:umm:

Terry
03-31-2012, 08:25 PM
I thought it was "Swamp Meat Salad"...which I had assumed was gator meat on top of a bed of field greens.

Momshell
03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
I thought it was "Swamp Meat Salad"...which I had assumed was gator meat on top of a bed of field greens.

:lmao:

Sensible Shoes
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
My worst is in Could this be magic - I misheard "foot tappin" as "puddin' tab". Do NOT ask me what that was supposed to mean.

Coyote
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
"You got roll with the punches... to get to Montreal..."

Is it a personal goal, or is it Zen? :D

sadaist
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
In Tattoo....they sing "Tattoo, Tattoo.."

But I swear in the video Eddie says "That new tattoo" which kinda makes sense as it exactly echoes the line Dave just sang.

"In the time it took to get that new tattoo....that new tattoo"
"In the time it took to get that new tattoo....tattoo tattoo"

I kinda like the wrong way better.

Angel
04-01-2012, 01:58 PM
In Tattoo....they sing "Tattoo, Tattoo.."

But I swear in the video Eddie says "That new tattoo" which kinda makes sense as it exactly echoes the line Dave just sang.

"In the time it took to get that new tattoo....that new tattoo"
"In the time it took to get that new tattoo....tattoo tattoo"

I kinda like the wrong way better.

I think it's "that new tattoo" the first time, and "tattoo tattoo" the rest.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Angel
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Bullethead. I thought "bomb the moon" was "bite a bullet"....and is Beats Workin "death beats working" or "this beats working"?

sadaist
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I think it's "that new tattoo" the first time, and "tattoo tattoo" the rest.

I think you are right.

NOT sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Yount
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
What about the ultimate unknown misheard lyric in Girl Gone Bad after the solo (before the chorus comes rumbling back in??)

15 years later and I still can't decipher it. :pullinghair::gossip::pullinghair:

DLR Bridge
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
What about the ultimate unknown misheard lyric in Girl Gone Bad after the solo (before the chorus comes rumbling back in??)

15 years later and I still can't decipher it. :pullinghair::gossip::pullinghair:

Isn't the second muffled sentence something like "I don't call them my own (or home)" Great one to get to the bottom of.

DLR Bridge
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna sell my Dad out here. I distinctly remember my Pop asking me, "who's Maxwell Jump?" I immediately knew he had to of been thinking that "might as well" was Maxwell. That stuck with me all of these years. I'm sure he forgot about it the second after I cleared it up for him. Life's funny like that.

Sweet Irony
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, you're certainly not alone, but I believe the majority of us who tripped over the lyrics were set straight at this very place the day the single came out. Where've ya been? LOL.

Haha!! I know! I didnt look at the lyrics for weeks after we got the CD! I find that, even after seeing the correct lyrics, its hard to drop the habit of singing the wrong ones!! (Picture me cruising along...singing with gusto...'Swapmeet Sally...drimsdell cat'!!! :D :D

Sweet Irony
04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
When Diver Down came out, I was hearing "etch a sketch" in Little Guitars...l

Oh no!! There really are those 'misguided souls'!!! LOL So funny!

mdk1967
04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
...And if you play the CD backwards, all the lyrics keep repeating this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iwK2jwqFfk

mdk1967
04-01-2012, 08:49 PM
:lmao:

Meet Swamp Meat Sally!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFY-qYbnSdk&feature=related

mdk1967
04-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Swamp Meat Sally Encore!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsz4tTrdM3k