PDA

View Full Version : Fuckit, Im gonna do it. MWM and CGTSNM

Panamark
04-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Cant get this stuff no more
Me wise Magic

Im putting them on the end of ADKOT.

Fuck the haters of those songs, I reckon they will
round it off just nicely. What an album 15 songs !

Would love to hear MWM and Blood and Fire in the next legs on tour.
I reckon Wolf and Eddie can cover the backing vox on that song too...

Am I crazy ? Im going to reburn the CD.

ZahZoo
04-10-2012, 09:22 AM
You're crazy... but it's a mostly normal kind of crazy...

vandeleur
04-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I think those two track rock

kwame k
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
For the love of the baby Jesus......don't do it:pullinghair:

DONNIEP
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Do it. I never understood why those two songs were so disliked. Just the sheer impact of hearing CGTSNM on the radio, out of the blue one day, was like having VH kick your front door down! 12 years with no Van Halen and all of a sudden you hear this on the radio - and you think, is that who I think it is...no, that can't be...hell YEAH, that's Van Fuckin' Halen!!!

FORD
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I always liked the songs for what they were... at the time, they were certainly better than anything else we had heard for 11 years, and arguably better than half of Diver Down and 1984. (covers and keyboards, etc.) But I think the clusterfuck of the whole 1996 "reunion" trainwreck really ruined the whole thing for a lot of people, and that probably includes the band themselves, given their reluctance to even acknowledge the existence of the songs on the 2007/8 tour or the current tour.

Of course, now with this monster album that ADKOT is, those two songs from 1996 seem a little weaker by comparison, even though they were the 100% original lineup (well who knows whether Sobolewski actually played bass on the damn things or not).

As for burning them onto a CD with the new album.... why the Hell not? It's easier than having to fast forward over a bunch of Hagar cheese every time you want to hear them. :biggrin:

chefcraig
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd replace "Big River" and "Beats Working" with those tracks, then put "As Is" at the end, where the song's fade-out would fit perfectly and should have been located in the first place.

philouze
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Totally with you on that one, Ford. These two songs were all we were gonna get at that time. And, as you said, ADKOT is a monster album.
I wouldn't put CGTSNM & MWM at the end of the CD, just because the sound's not the same. But fuck me, they're powerful as well.
And fuck Bozolewski.
I have spoken.

Zing!
04-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I couldn't do that. MWM is a solid track, but I can't stand Ed's tone on it, and CGTSNM musically sounds like a Haggar left-over, saved only by Dave's fitting lyrics. They showcase the last time we would ever see the original line-up, but they also represent one of the worst chapters in the band's history. I was just as delirious as anybody when I first heard MWM on the radio and had that "...is this VAN HALEN?" moment, but neither of these two tracks measure up to anything on ADKOT for me.

vandeleur
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
i think both tracks are great , put them on a cd ... why not ... but I dont think there better than anything on ADKOT .....

rocking ron
04-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I love these tracks, but they don't gonna play MWM live because Dave doesn't like this song that much ( told this on radio 2002) , but hey : You Never Know!!

They've done already HEAR ABOUT IT LATER ,, GIRL GONE BAD ,, OUTTA LOVE AGAIN ,, WOMEN IN LOVE so let's hope they will surprise us with some more

stuff they haven't done yet like : ME WISE MAGIC , CAN'T GET THIS STUFF.. , DIRTY MOVIES ,, BIG RIVER ,, TOP JIMMY and STAY FROSTY!!!

knuckleboner
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM

blood and fire is my favorite on the album. and damn if DC wasn't the 2nd venue they played it at live. i'd seen earlier set lists, but didn't check the immediately preceeding one. so when eddie began the intro to blood and fire, my shit-eatting grin crammed in a bunch more shit...so to speak.

was way cool that the most exciting point of the night for the knuckleboner was one of the new songs. viva van halen!

sadaist
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Cant get this stuff no more
Me wise Magic

Im putting them on the end of ADKOT.

Fuck the haters of those songs, I reckon they will
round it off just nicely. What an album 15 songs !

I reckon Wolf and Eddie can cover the backing vox on that song too...

Am I crazy ? Im going to reburn the CD.

I agree 100%.

I kinda thought they should have been put on....but I bet they will be put on a later printing as bonus songs. They deserve a better home than the 1 they share with Hagar.

vandeleur
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Blood And fire when am listening to it just makes me think of the triumph over adversity and the final death throws of van Hagar .it's just a love song to the CVH faithful ... Dave says it best ... Told you I'd be coming back.

Terry
04-10-2012, 08:18 PM
MWM and CGTSNM are fine tracks...even more so considering the context of how they were created.

I'd sooner listen to either of those than, say, Where Have All The Good Times Gone...or I'll Wait.

Doubt they'll get a live airing this tour, though.

vandeleur
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
They are good tunes but they have new tunes on the cd I would prefer to hear live a lot more

Yount
04-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Do it. I never understood why those two songs were so disliked. Just the sheer impact of hearing CGTSNM on the radio, out of the blue one day, was like having VH kick your front door down!

You are very lucky. I've never heard much VH/DLR wise on the radio except for the hits. I used to drive in my car with CGTSNM and pretend like it's coming on the radio, you just can't beat the real thing though. I wait... some obscure frequency... like Big Bad Bill...

Have heard Yankee Rose every now and again, that zones the ears in. I think I was in line paying a bill like the pleb that I am and that song comes on... "Next, Sir... Sir?" SHEEZ A VISION FROM COAST TO COAST :hitch:!!COAST TO COAST!!:hitch:

Yount
04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
BTW in Australia they play stuff all VH. Yankee Rose is actually a rare play.

Jump
Panama
Hot for teacher
California girls
Just a gigolo (rare these days)
Just like paradise
Yankee rose (rarely)
Why can't this be love
When it's love
Pretty woman
Dreams
You really got me

Although every now and again on a PBS or a RRR you hear some 1st album stuff like Little Dreamer or RWTD, ATBL. But never songs from the arty albums like WACF & FW

Dan
04-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Crazy,I'm Crazy.:hitch:

Panamark
04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
It works ! :)

I can see how you could shuffle them in the order too, I just dig the concept of throwing
what was the 2 only other Roth / VH tunes we had since 1984 on this latest epic
album. Those songs gave us the belief to wait this freakin long. Why not chuck
em on there, they have proven that the impossible was possible. Just like ADKOT.

TwoFoolsAMinute
04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I cranked the two BOV1 songs today. Loved it.

Mushroom
04-19-2012, 04:09 AM
I tried this on my iPod through the car stereo. MWM and CGTSNM does not work for me, not at the front nor at the end. Everything on ADKOT is in a different class.

loucap81
05-22-2012, 11:58 PM
The guitar tone is too bright for my taste but otherwise I think both are great songs especially MWM. I don't get the criticism either. Eddie's outro on MWM gives me the chills every time. Just outstanding playing.

ELVIS
10-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Panamark, where are you ??

I miss you, mate...

:killer:

Seshmeister
10-07-2021, 10:30 PM
Kind of sad to see the lack of self awareness.

Look at your avatar, you changed big time from those days 10+ years ago.

It's sad.

ashstralia
10-08-2021, 02:50 AM
I spoke with Mark some years ago; then we didn’t.
Grant and I have stayed in touch over the years too.
Yes; sad to see how many peoples version of ‘godliness’ involves pure vindictive hatred.
Us atheists are unencumbered with that.

Seshmeister
10-08-2021, 09:37 AM
Panamark met his wife on here and then they both rode off into the sunset. :D

ELVIS
10-08-2021, 07:19 PM
Kind of sad to see the lack of self awareness.

Look at your avatar, you changed big time from those days 10+ years ago.

It's sad.

Why don't you have a drink, mellow out and shut your Scottish pie hole !!

You're a killjoy...

Here's some lyrics especially for you, Sesh...

And I’ll tell you what I’m getting rid of next...You and your blues...

Your bad mood's permanent...communication Breakdown...

Like watching someone reinvent their ninteenth nervous breakdown...

Get a life...:rolleyes:

:BIGGRIN:

ELVIS
10-08-2021, 07:22 PM
:biggrin: