PDA

View Full Version : Today would have been....

Sensible Shoes
04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
my 20th wedding anniversary. Seems impossible. Well I guess it was, we only made it 12 years.
Eeh. Marriage is hard. Divorce is hard. Being single is hard, but it's better.

That is all.

Kristy
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Being single is fun.

DONNIEP
04-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey Shoes, perhaps you should repost your reasons that being single is great :)

Nitro Express
04-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Being single is a piece of cake looking back at it. Life would be so much easier if it was just me I had to worry about and no teenagers to raise.

twonabomber
04-12-2012, 12:27 AM
my 20th wedding anniversary. Seems impossible. Well I guess it was, we only made it 12 years.
Eeh. Marriage is hard. Divorce is hard. Being single is hard, but it's better.

That is all.

congrats. or not.

you know what i mean. or not.

sadaist
04-12-2012, 12:28 AM
How come after you get divorced you can't check the SINGLE box any more? We are supposed to click the DIVORCED box. Fuck that. I click single every time.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
love ya hon, chin up

Dan
04-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Keep It Real Cos We All Know You Love A Feel.:D

DONNIEP
04-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Divorce is a double-edged sword. You can be glad because you finally got rid of the other person...But you still look around and think of all the things that that person is missing...I've lived it and I know how hard it can be sometimes. And sometimes it's really surprising how much it hurts...

This song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it...But I just go to bed, and I just wake up every day. And even though I still see her standing in the kitchen of our first apartment some days, I just get up and do it. It's just all you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waFxSg5F7cc

LoungeMachine
04-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Married for 16 years this last time....been divorced over 3 years now, and we remain best of friends.

:gulp:

Come to think of it, next year would have been our 20th too...

The Practice Wife was over 25 years ago, and we weren't married long enough remember each other's middle names.....

Not to quote Tesla, Shoes....but you'll find love again. :)

ZahZoo
04-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I hit 18 years this year... 25 combined if you count the first adventure.

There's tough aspects to all sides, single, married, divorced, remarried... and good things to each as well. Relationships are rarely easy... ya gots to work it no matter what your status is...

jhale667
04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Pfft...12 years is a loooong time if you look at the divorce statistics...(it's an EON in Kim Kardashian years) congrats on making it that long!

Being single is fun, agree... and lately listening to my co-workers fighting with their significant others has been reminding me of that...

atomicpnk47
04-13-2012, 06:52 PM
13 years here but knowing what I know now I would have stayed single. I'm just to damn lazy to work at it.....

PETE'S BROTHER
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
5 years in september. love it.

clarathecarrot
04-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I was in love with a beautiful woman for three months ( back in my 20's) before I found out she was married,..

She said her roomate worked nights and I would take her out dancing all night, fuck till dawn then go to work...one night I opened a closet door and found the wedding album and all the pictures that hung on the walls ..she would go around and take them off and put them back up when I left before her hubby got back home from working all night.

I felt like shit...(in retrospect perhaps it is, I The Reason, who was the shit feeling, for opening that door without asking) THINK ABOUT IT!!! when it all goes clear....

Never been married.

But, I do have 50 or so relationship endings, lost houses, lost moneys, lost jewely,lost same shit that married people do.... to think about each year.

You guys got it easy.

Zing!
04-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Zing will be celebrating 16 years of wedded bliss with four of his best friends on 5/19 in St. Paul.

How's that for true love?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Zing will be celebrating 16 years of wedded bliss with four of his best friends on 5/19 in St. Paul.

How's that for true love?

you dislike your thumb? :hee:

Diamondjimi
04-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Single and goddamn lovin it!

Angel
04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Single and goddamn lovin it!

Hear hear...or is it here here? Either way, I fucking agree!!!

JenniferM
04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Well, it will be 24 years for us in July. It was a long, hard struggle for the first 15 years, then it just finally clicked and now I can't imagine being with anyone else, ever, period. I know that I am extremely lucky because it is amost impossible to find that someone you are truly meant to be with, to find that someone who truly "gets" you and accepts you for who and what you are. A lot of times, it may take a couple or a few tries to find that one person.......don't ever give up if you haven't found that someone yet: The rewards are too great, and it WILL happen some day!

Warham
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Will hit ten years in July. This is my second. I love being married. My only mistake was getting married at a very early age.

Angel
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
The only way I would get married again is if the other person was a billionaire with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

SparkieD
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
25 years of unwedded bliss. Get a lotta shit for not being married and "living in sin" here in the Bible Belt, but we've pulled off being a "married" couple way longer than almost any couple I know of who actually tied that fucking knot.

fryingdutchman
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm closing in on 18 years...hard to believe it's been that long (which I guess is a good thing!)

fryingdutchman
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Being single is hard, but it's better.

Totally better?

It requires a degree of acceptance...as in "must accept As Is."

Warham
04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't think being single is better, unless you are talking about single as in "I've got a SO but we aren't married".

jhale667
04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think being single is better, unless you are talking about single as in "I've got a SO but we aren't married".

Depends on the SO, doesn't it?

Nitro Express
04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I've been married for 23 years and have three children. Being single for me was a long time ago and knowing what I know now, it's a piece of cake. The only person you really have to worry about is yourself.

I would say getting laid in the dark room when I was younger and sowing lots of oats and raising lots of hell was the secret to staying married this long. I got it all out of my system pretty good before I tied the knot. I pretty much knew what I was getting into.

Warham
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Depends on the SO, doesn't it?

My post was aimed more at those who live with their SO and are unmarried. If somebody lives with somebody they hate, that's their problem.

jhale667
04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
My post was aimed more at those who live with their SO and are unmarried. If somebody lives with somebody they hate, that's their problem.

If you live with a SO, you're technically NOT single, though - especially once you've got past the "common-law" timeframe.