PDA

View Full Version : Report: Iraq Planned to Attack U.S.

lucky wilbury
06-18-2004, 01:11 AM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2004/06/18/012.html

Report: Iraq Planned to Attack U.S.

The Associated Press

Russian intelligence agents shared information with their American counterparts in 2002 that Iraqi secret services were organizing terrorist attacks against U.S. facilities outside the United States, Interfax quoted an unidentified intelligence agent as saying Thursday.

The agent said that Russia had received a report early in 2002 that Iraqi secret agents were planning attacks on U.S. diplomatic and military facilities.

"This information was more than once passed on to our U.S. partners in oral and written form in the fall of 2002," the source said, Interfax reported.

The agent said that "in investigating the causes of the Iraq crisis, it is necessary to take into account all of the aspects, including the direct threat to the United States from the Saddam Hussein regime," Interfax reported.

Russia strongly opposed the U.S.-led war on Iraq, challenging the American administration's claims about the threat from Hussein, and was critical after the war about Washington's failure to find any weapons of mass destruction.

The agent's statement was made in response to a finding by the U.S. federal panel investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that there was no evidence of a "collaborative relationship" between al-Qaida and Hussein. The commission held its final public hearing Thursday.

The agent said that Russia, too, possessed no evidence of a link between Hussein and al-Qaida, but he suggested that the panel's findings failed to "draw a comprehensive picture," Interfax reported.

Wayne L.
06-18-2004, 08:14 AM
I think this will at least shut up some of anti-war wackos on the far left about going to war in Iraq if only slightly because they're against President Bush no matter what he does or says or anything else instead of being for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry!

FORD
06-18-2004, 09:26 AM
This would seem to contradict what Pooty-poot said here....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200312/s1013128.htm

Iraq war was unjustified, Putin says

Russian President Vladimir Putin says the US-led war in Iraq was unjustified because it was not authorised by the United Nations Security Council.

"The use of force abroad, according to existing international laws, can only be sanctioned by the United Nations. This is the international law," Mr Putin said in an annual live televised question-and-answer session.

"Everything that is done without the UN Security Council's sanction cannot be recognised as fair or justified.

"I am being as restrained as I can be when I choose these words," he said.

The comments came only hours before Mr Putin was due to meet in Moscow with US envoy James Baker, who is trying to convince the international community to write off Iraq's crushing $US120 billion debt.

Mr Putin, who opposed the war in Iraq, described the United States as a partner, but said the Iraqi campaign should not be lumped in with the broader international war on terrorism.

"We are do not want the United States to lose their war on terrorism - we are US partners in the fight against terrorism," Mr Putin said.

"But as for Iraq, this is a separate matter. There were no international terrorists under Hussein. This is a separate problem," he said.

He also suggested that the United States may be suffering from over-confidence on the international sphere, warning that "empires" had fallen before from feeling too strong and using their military might indiscriminately.

"I must say that in all times, great countries, empires, always suffered a series of problems that complicated their situation - this was a feeling of invulnerability, a feeling of grandeur, and a feeling that it never sins," Mr Putin said.

"This always hurt countries that tried to call themselves empires. I very much hope that this does not happen to our American partners."

Moscow has been furious with Washington in recent days for barring countries that opposed the Iraqi war in participating in the lucrative first phase of reconstruction projects in the war-torn country.

Russia warned the United States on Tuesday that it was "unacceptable" to make such a decision.

-- AFP

lucky wilbury
06-18-2004, 12:51 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040618/D839DV0O1.html

Putin: Russia Gave Bush Iraq Intelligence

Email this Story

Jun 18, 8:26 AM (ET)

By BAGILA BUKHARBAYEVA

ASTANA, Kazakhstan (AP) - Russia gave the Bush administration intelligence after the September 11 attacks that suggested Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq was preparing attacks in the United States, President Vladimir Putin said Friday.

Putin said he couldn't comment on how critical the Russians' information was in the U.S. decision to invade Iraq. He said Russia didn't have any information that Saddam's regime had actually been behind any terrorist acts.

"After Sept. 11, 2001, and before the start of the military operation in Iraq, the Russian special services, the intelligence service, received information that officials from Saddam's regime were preparing terrorist attacks in the United States and outside it against the U.S. military and other interests," Putin said.

He said the United States had thanked Russia for the information. There was no immediate comment from U.S. officials.

"It's one thing to have information that Saddam's regime is preparing terrorist attacks, (but) we didn't have information that it was involved in any known terrorist attacks," Putin said in the Kazakh capital Astana after regional economic and security summits.

Putin said the intelligence didn't cause Russia to waver from its firm opposition to the war.

"Despite that information about terrorist attacks being prepared by Saddam's regime, Russia's position on Iraq remains unchanged," Putin said.

Putin didn't elaborate on any details of the terror plots or mention whether they were tied to the al-Qaida terror network.

A commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States reported this week that while there were contacts between al-Qaida and Iraq, they did not appear to have produced "a collaborative relationship."

President Bush, however, insisted Thursday that Saddam had "numerous contacts" with al-Qaida and said Iraqi agents had met with the terror network's leader, Osama bin Laden, in Sudan.

Saddam "was a threat because he had terrorist connections - not only al-Qaida connections, but other connections to terrorist organizations," Bush said.

FORD
06-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Sounds like Junior's "soulmate" needs to get his story straight. Since Pooty is ex KGB, I'd take anything he said with a pinch of salt - and a pint of Stoli.

John Ashcroft
06-18-2004, 01:02 PM
How about John Kerry's urging of President Clinton to take force to remove Saddam before he attacks the U.S.? I've posted the joint resolution of Congress here before...

You know, the one that a strong majority of Democrats signed...

lucky wilbury
06-18-2004, 01:03 PM
how about kerry on crossifre in 1998 urging clinotn to go into iraq?

John Ashcroft
06-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Grain of salt...

FORD
06-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Grain of salt...

I knew that didn't sound right when I typed it.... besides, a pinch of salt would be with tequila, not vodka. So that applies to anything Sammy Hagar says, not Pooty-poot.

John Ashcroft
06-18-2004, 01:26 PM
;)

Guitar Shark
06-18-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure I see the relevance of this story. The Bush Administration NEVER cited this Russian intelligence as a justification when it was making its case for the Iraq war.

FORD
06-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
how about kerry on crossifre in 1998 urging clinotn to go into iraq?

The "intelligence" being quoted in 1998 probably came from the PNAC letter to President Clinton (http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm) and the follow up letter to Newt Gingrich & Trent Lott. (http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqletter1998.htm)

At the time, Clinton and Kerry, among others, probably operated on the assumption that this collection of people, many of whom were members of the Reagan & Bush administrations and/or intelligence community, were advocating a legitimate discussion about a real threat, and not a deliberate lie, constructed as part of a global fascist agenda, which turned out to be the true motivation.

John Ashcroft
06-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I'm not sure I see the relevance of this story. The Bush Administration NEVER cited this Russian intelligence as a justification when it was making its case for the Iraq war.

But he did state that Iraq was a threat to the United States itself.

Guitar Shark
06-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Agreed. But, it's kinda silly for Bush and his supporters to say "See! We were right!!!" when they knew this info but didn't use it to support their case at the time.

John Ashcroft
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
I don't know. I've always supported the ousting of Saddam for a whole host of reasons. This is just another one.

lucky wilbury
12-04-2004, 04:50 PM
bump

Phil theStalker
12-04-2004, 05:41 PM
You people, not all, but too many of you here, think you know something. Do you know something called "disinformation?"

You should see the Russian Jewish files on "camp guards" for the Nazi's. All lies from the '50's to now. (sic)

Russia is not your friend. China is not your friend. The Russian people are your friends, and the Chinese people are your friends. But not Russian and Chinese governments. You've been lied to. Or, "disinfo'd" to.

Do you know a CNN reporter was "used" my the USMC the day before the dishonorable attack on the city of Fallujah to "deceive" the "enemy?" True. But the "enemy's" not deceived. That isn't going to happen again to CNN. In fact, the military's in trouble for it.

Everybody has a gun over there and if 200,000 citizens of a city wanted to get rid of 1,000 - 2,000 "criminals" they could do it themselves. Especially with their persuasive lose-your-heads methods. Yeh.

That's right. The answer's in your face: They don't want them (the "criminals") to leave and they feed, house, clothe, and hide them against the "foreign" army (U.S. and puppet allies) in their homes, city, and country - and religion IN THEIR MOSQUES. Man, Uncle Sam and the UK's gonna get a big black eye for this. And a bloody nose. Get the picture? I see radiation and the fall of America. I see the fall of the world. And, it's not getting back up.

That means you who are reading this will pay the horrible price Dick Cheney always warns you about, "...to wake up to that day of great horror." They never seem to find Bush and Cheney or Halliburton's global headquarters for their "day of great horror," but they'll find you in that shopping mall, you can bet on it.

Got it? Good. The White House knows about it, too. But you don't know it. You'll find out. They're fooling you.

Want to know anymore about indigenous populations and war?

Pentagon Col. Donn de Grand-Pre said, 60% of the Generals in the Pentagon know the civilian hierarchy in America is out of control. 40% like what's going on. Here, listen to this. They're not going to wait until it gets to 50-50. Dig it? Get your blankets and water purifiers and hang on.

The "power elite" of the world are controlling America through the White House and further through the senate. It doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat. They're all CFR. The power elite are controlling the world. They're trying very hard.
LISTEN TO: Col. Donn de Grand-Pre CLICK HERE (http://www.infowars.com/transcripts/degranpres.htm)

THIS WARNING IS FOR MY FRIENDS AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IT CAN WAKE UP

It's later than you think.

P

Nickdfresh
12-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
You people, not all, but too many of you here, think you know something. Do you know something called "disinformation?"

You should see the Russian Jewish files on "camp guards" for the Nazi's. All lies from the '50's to now. (sic)[b]

What do you mean?

[b]Russia is not your friend. China is not your friend. The Russian people are your friends, and the Chinese people are your friends. But not Russian and Chinese governments. You've been lied to. Or, "disinfo'd" to.

No argument here! Putin certainly has his own agenda, and it is not selflessly fight terrorism on behalf of his or anyone else's people.

Do you know a CNN reporter was "used" my the USMC the day before the dishonorable attack on the city of Fallujah to "deceive" the "enemy?" True. But the "enemy's" not deceived. That isn't going to happen again to CNN. In fact, the military's in trouble for it.

Yes Phil, I posted a thread on this somewhere. People could care less I am saddend to say. They want to read about Fat Uncle Ted Kennedy" and his fun liberal escapades with Mary Jo Kapeckny (phonetic--my apologies but I really don't feel like looking it up now)

Everybody has a gun over there and if 200,000 citizens of a city wanted to get rid of 1,000 - 2,000 "criminals" they could do it themselves. Especially with their persuasive lose-your-heads methods. Yeh.

You lost me again Phil!:rolleyes:

That's right. The answer's in your face: They don't want them (the "criminals") to leave and they feed, house, clothe, and hide them against the "foreign" army (U.S. and puppet allies) in their homes, city, and country - and religion IN THEIR MOSQUES. Man, Uncle Sam and the UK's gonna get a big black eye for this. And a bloody nose. Get the picture? I see radiation and the fall of America. I see the fall of the world. And, it's not getting back up.

That means you who are reading this will pay the horrible price Dick Cheney always warns you about, "...to wake up to that day of great horror." They never seem to find Bush and Cheney or Halliburton's global headquarters for their "day of great horror," but they'll find you in that shopping mall, you can bet on it.

Got it? Good. The White House knows about it, too. But you don't know it. You'll find out. They're fooling you.

Want to know anymore about indigenous populations and war?

Pentagon Col. Donn de Grand-Pre said, 60% of the Generals in the Pentagon know the civilian hierarchy in America is out of control. 40% like what's going on. Here, listen to this. They're not going to wait until it gets to 50-50. Dig it? Get your blankets and water purifiers and hang on.

The "power elite" of the world are controlling America through the White House and further through the senate. It doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat. They're all CFR. The power elite are controlling the world. They're trying very hard.
LISTEN TO: Col. Donn de Grand-Pre CLICK HERE (http://www.infowars.com/transcripts/degranpres.htm)

THIS WARNING IS FOR MY FRIENDS AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IT CAN WAKE UP

It's later than you think.

P

When ever someone brings up the monolithic "power-elite" I just get really sleepy!;)

Phil theStalker
12-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
When ever someone brings up the monolithic "power-elite" I just get really sleepy!;)
I used it as a code word the simpler minds here would understand. Please, don't be offended if you are of very superior intelligence.

=PtS=
:spank:

Phil theStalker
12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
...you lost me again Phil!:)
That's why I like you guys. You TRY. That's all even G-d can ask.

"lose-your-heads methods"

:)You don't know wot I meen?

BEHEADINGS

They can behead, or "lose-your-heads," punish the "criminals" and put their heads on a stick and parade it though the streets as they have done for thousands of years.

They can make a video like they made in the past few years, upgrade the "lose-your-heads" Arab ways. That's right.

They have their ways.

And we have ours.

We shall not cuntfuse the t2wo.

=PtS=

Phil theStalker
12-04-2004, 07:26 PM
"What do you mean?"
Since the '50's Russia has produced...much disinformation. I mean, the Russians have been giving the Israeli government fake "war criminals" files since the '50's. It's been proven in court. But not just in Israel. Russians files have been proven fraudulent in European countries to North America.

Those Russian commies don't like those Nazis and the Nazis don't like the commies to this day, this very second. Oh ho ho, I'm not Santa Claus. There are REAL Nazis and real commies all over the world today.

There are Nazis in the U.S. White House right now. They're all over. ARNOLD is a Nazi even though he calls himself a "republican." What else could he call himself in the U.S.? He's a Nazi and the Nazi party in America is the Republican Party now.

Don't look at what ARNOLD calls himself, look at what he says. He's a Nazi. Not much difference between a Nazi and a commie to an American boy...a real o1ne like me, not GW (the Nazi), hehe.

Know the difference.

Know your President is the Nazi side of the one world goverment face in America, and not the KKK.

Blankets, water purifiers, canned goods. You'll need it all.

=PtS=