PDA

View Full Version : ** POSTPONED ** Official 7/31 Fort Wayne Meetup/Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the Official 7/31 Fort Wayne Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

NIN1211
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the Official 7/31 Fort Wayne Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

Round three...right down the Road....VH RULES

INeedYou
04-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Still on the fence for this one... Should I rock VH-style, drive 2 hrs home, then be at work by 7am? For a 12 hr shift? Anyone care to twist my arm?... It'll be one of those moments I know I'll regret if I don't go!

SunisinuS
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
"With the Great Recession putting cities across America between a rock and a hard place, Fort Wayne took a page from the Van Halen play book to keep our community rocking. Guided by Eddie’s masterful guitar riffs, we used innovation and cost-savings to ensure a strong financial base. We imitated David Lee Roth’s iconic kick splits to showcase our incredible assets. And just as Van Halen added Wolfie, we’re building for the future with a vibrant downtown, great concerts and our own amazing Legacy fund. Rock on Van Halen," said Henry.

Lol just thought that was kewl....cheesy, but kewl.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/entertainment/van-halen-ticket-prices-announced-for-coliseum-show

NIN1211
05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Still on the fence for this one... Should I rock VH-style, drive 2 hrs home, then be at work by 7am? For a 12 hr shift? Anyone care to twist my arm?... It'll be one of those moments I know I'll regret if I don't go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euxJjP933U

NIN1211
05-04-2012, 06:52 PM
"With the Great Recession putting cities across America between a rock and a hard place, Fort Wayne took a page from the Van Halen play book to keep our community rocking. Guided by Eddie’s masterful guitar riffs, we used innovation and cost-savings to ensure a strong financial base. We imitated David Lee Roth’s iconic kick splits to showcase our incredible assets. And just as Van Halen added Wolfie, we’re building for the future with a vibrant downtown, great concerts and our own amazing Legacy fund. Rock on Van Halen," said Henry.

Lol just thought that was kewl....cheesy, but kewl.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/entertainment/van-halen-ticket-prices-announced-for-coliseum-show

Kick Ass Metaphor Sir!

INeedYou
05-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Gonna pass on this one, but we all know The Army will represent! Sometimes I play it "smart" in my old age and try and be sensible, so I'm gonna rest on 6 after this leg...

SLAUGHTER MAN
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Ahhhh...I live now in St Louis...but grew up in Muncie..so always went to gigs in Ft Wayne...the old War Memorial Coliseum!! Love that old building...seen 19 gigs in that place and it's got that old vibe that the new buildings don't have. Was at the "ROAD RULES" gig in April of 1995...in fact I have seen Van Halen in Ft Wayne EVERY tour except 2004..they didn't play there in 2007/08. Great city...they still have that radio station THE BEAR??? The mall with the ice rink in the middle down in the food court??? Seen Metallica there in 1991...KISS/Great White/Trixter in 1992...AC/DC/LoveHate in 1991...Crue/Whitesnake in 1987...Priest/Testament in 1990...Aerosmith/Dokken in 1987....and VH in 1988...in 1992..in 1995....(didn't start going to concerts until 1987 so never saw first run Rothera VH)....love this city..love this old school venue...love the northren Indiana crowd (with some northwestern Ohio and southren Michigan folks...and some Bluffton and South Bend fans..Dectaur)....ALWAYS EAT AT THE BACK 40 and then on to the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SLAUGHTER MAN
05-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Where do you live Muncie??? Bluffton?? Seen this tour three times....Louisville...Pittsburgh....St Louis...only gotten better. Every time they play Ft Wayne,,,,for some reason..it brings out something extra...they have played extra encores...brought out special guests (Dweezil Zappa in 1992 for Rock N Roll...don't listen to the VH Encyc...I WAS THERE!!!!!....Ted Nugent in 1988)...do yourself a favor and see a show that will put a lump in your throat...get you adrenlized....have your hoarse......make you feel 17 again...ready to shotgun beers and bang the old lady so hard she walks funny for a week telling everyone she sees to 'STAY FROSTY'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO THE SHOW......or live with disappointment of missing something that cannot be put into words....GOTTA SEE IT...TO REALLY BELIEVE HOW GREAT IT IS...