PDA

View Full Version : ** POSTPONED ** Official 8/4 Knoxville Meetup/Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the Official 8/4 Knoxville Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

private parts
04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
OH HELL YA! Right in my backyard!

JenniferM
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
It's about an hour and 1/2 from my house so hopefully we'll be there!

JenniferM

don don
04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm about 5 miles from the arena. I'm voting going to Calhoun's on the river for pre-game action. Who's in????

INeedYou
04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Seriously considering this one, too. Knoxville's been on my radar for awhile now, just been waiting for the right gig... Like The Mighty Van Halen... On a Saturday... On a weekend-off!

JenniferM
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
That would be cool. I don't think there are any bars or anything close to Thompson. It's been a few years since I've been there, though, so I'm not sure. How hard is it to get to since they changed all the streets around up there?

I'm about 5 miles from the arena. I'm voting going to Calhoun's on the river for pre-game action. Who's in????

don don
04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Actually, Calhoun's on the river is within walking distance of the arena. Probably 1/2 mile or less. The University of Tennessee "Strip" is a cab ride away and there are a few decent bars. Knoxville's "Old City" is also a cab ride away. My vote is Calhoun's on the river because of it's proximity to the arena and they have consistently great BBQ. The bar area is kinda cool too. Should be a good turnout since the show's on a saturday night. Me & my buds will be there. If anyone else on here wants to meet up, let me know. Also, Private Parts, we definitely need to get together especially if your brothers are going to be in town. Lets' rock the hell out!!!

JenniferM
04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Count us in!!

Actually, Calhoun's on the river is within walking distance of the arena. Probably 1/2 mile or less. The University of Tennessee "Strip" is a cab ride away and there are a few decent bars. Knoxville's "Old City" is also a cab ride away. My vote is Calhoun's on the river because of it's proximity to the arena and they have consistently great BBQ. The bar area is kinda cool too. Should be a good turnout since the show's on a saturday night. Me & my buds will be there. If anyone else on here wants to meet up, let me know. Also, Private Parts, we definitely need to get together especially if your brothers are going to be in town. Lets' rock the hell out!!!

private parts
04-26-2012, 10:27 PM

If I can get my honey to see VH again, we're there. That's her birthday weekend and the last thing I need to do is leave her at home on her b'day while I'm rockin out at a VH concert. I'll let you know.

Keef
04-27-2012, 06:53 PM

Surprised they added K-town:) Calhoun's is perfect for a few cocktails before the show.

Count me in

INeedYou
04-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Barely able to focus on a Saturday morning, and I pull a killer pair of seats Section 103, Row 1, right in front of The Man! Gonna kick total ass! Calhoun's it will be, sounds like. Look forward to my first Knoxville show and experience!

JenniferM
04-29-2012, 01:58 AM
Best we could get was section 121, row 6, seats 1 and 2. But, it sure beats way back on the floor like last time!!L
Gets closer to time, we'll figure out a meet time for Calhouns. See everyone there!!!
:rockon:

INeedYou
04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm thinkin' of bookin' a room at the Hampton on Main, right up from Calhoun's. Anybody got pros or cons for staying there? I'd like to be able to walk it to the pre- and post- VH festivities, and to the gig...

private parts
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm thinkin' of bookin' a room at the Hampton on Main, right up from Calhoun's. Anybody got pros or cons for staying there? I'd like to be able to walk it to the pre- and post- VH festivities, and to the gig...

Its kind of walking distance. The Calhouns is on the river and the Hampton is at a 150ft vertical elevation change in downtown. Still walkable if you don't mind the hill.

Keef
05-02-2012, 04:29 PM

I would get a taxi down to Calhoun's and walk to Thompson from there. Much easier than legging it from the hotel as has been mentioned. Same thing after the concert. Who knows what kind of buggers are strolling around down there late at night :)

INeedYou
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanx for the advice... We wouldn't want any undesirables to be spooked by an unruly mob of Halen fans, so maybe the taxi would be better for civic harmony! Plus unless it's downhill both ways...

nitroDave23
05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I hope I can make it! Gotta see the mighty Halen on this tour.

Keef
05-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanx for the advice... We wouldn't want any undesirables to be spooked by an unruly mob of Halen fans, so maybe the taxi would be better for civic harmony! Plus unless it's downhill both ways...

I wouldn't worry about "undesirables" after the show. I was simply cutting up :)

Enjoy the show

loucap81
05-03-2012, 05:51 PM
After reading this I'm tempted to go down to Knoxville myself and hit another show even though I really shouldn't. I'm so weak.

JenniferM
05-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Aww, come on! The more the merrier!!

After reading this I'm tempted to go down to Knoxville myself and hit another show even though I really shouldn't. I'm so weak.

loucap81
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah why not, the arena is only 637 miles from my house per Google maps. I can get there in a day :D

don don
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
You need to do it man...road trip! road trip! road trip! Get your ass here and see some of THE most gorgeous women in the world at the one of the most anticipated shows this place has seen in a long time! C'mon man...peer pressure is GREAT!

loucap81
05-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Well here's the thing, I'll be in Cleveland the weekend before which is 430 miles from my house. I don't know that I have enough in me to do all that driving in such a short period of time.

INeedYou
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Keep in mind this gig's top price is $90! THE bargain of the tour, and on a Saturday night... It's almost like a personal invitation from VH to come on down...

JenniferM
05-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Come on--I'll buy ya' a beer or three.....