PDA

View Full Version : The Florida Marlins--playin' to win

POJO_Risin
06-18-2004, 02:17 AM
Alright...Koch is washed up...but...

I like seeing a team that won last year...trying to improve their club...

they go out early and get Billy Koch cheap from the White Sox to bolster their middle relief...and give them an alternative to Benitez in case he resorts to normal form...

Florida isn't the Florida of old...

rumor has them looking at Beltran as well...

Bill Lumbergh
06-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Koch is done IMO(as you stated). However, it must be nice for all 5 of the Marlins fans to know that the ownership isnt gonna pull a Huizenga on them, and have a fire sale. Now if my Giants would only get a decent bat,...........

POJO_Risin
06-18-2004, 02:58 AM
It's amazing that the Giants have gone this long with absolutely no protection for Bonds...

They need to get a guy like Mike Sweeney...or Matt Lawton...

Man...Bonds would kill people if they had to pitch to him...

Bill Lumbergh
06-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Same story last year..........no protection for Bonds and a similar no-name line-up, and they won 100 games.........I give Alou a lot of the creadit for that. MUCH better manager than Baker. The Giants could easily win this weak division, but without making a couple of moves can't compete for a title.

POJO_Risin
06-18-2004, 01:14 PM
You have to think they are going to be making a move...have to...

I know they thought Alphonso was going to be the answer...he wasn't...but to do nothing since then is ridiculous...

They have a bit of talent...any time you have Schmidt and Bonds...you are going to win some games...

but they better move to bring in 1 bat...and 1 starter...at least...to have a legit shot...