PDA

View Full Version : What does Nitro always say? Follow the money...

qikgts
04-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Check this out. I never saw this site before.

http://www.opensecrets.org/index.php

Take a look around in the Influence & Lobbying section. All kinds of cool stuff for example there is a listing of the Top Recipients of Contributions from Lobbyists and you'll be able to see both individual politicians and committees. You'll find the Top Industries Contributing and also the Top Spenders. The lists go on and on. The amount of money spent on these crooks is ludicrous.

qikgts
04-24-2012, 08:03 PM
The total amount of money raised since 1/1/11 by dims and repukes is:

$1,307,950,690

http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/index.php

In the time between 1/1/07 and 12/31/08 (The last presidential election cycle) the total was $3,201,838,816. I wonder how much it will be this time with Citizens United now in play?

Nitro Express
04-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Check this out. I never saw this site before.

http://www.opensecrets.org/index.php

Take a look around in the Influence & Lobbying section. All kinds of cool stuff for example there is a listing of the Top Recipients of Contributions from Lobbyists and you'll be able to see both individual politicians and committees. You'll find the Top Industries Contributing and also the Top Spenders. The lists go on and on. The amount of money spent on these crooks is ludicrous.

If you are intelligent and want power and control, you go into finance. If you are stupid and want power and control you go into politics. Everyone else pretty much does what they can to put the Corn Flakes in the cupboard. The lucky ones actually do something they like to earn the Corn Flakes.

FORD
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
And if you're really corrupt and want power, you start a "ministry"......

http://eugenecho.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/robertson.jpg?w=406&amph=304

gbranton
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
It worked for L. Ron Hubbard.

chefcraig
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
It worked for L. Ron Hubbard.

And continues to do so. Despite the fact he rather inconveniently dropped dead in 1986, he still manages to find ways to write books.

FORD
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Well, look at Jimi Hendrix. He only actually made three albums while he was alive. His posthumous catalog is considerably larger, and that's not even counting bootlegs and greatest hits compilations.

Nitro Express
04-24-2012, 10:51 PM
And if you're really corrupt and want power, you start a "ministry"......

http://eugenecho.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/robertson.jpg?w=406&amph=304

After paying my income tax this year I'm seriously tempted to start one.

BigBadBrian
04-26-2012, 06:47 AM
After paying my income tax this year I'm seriously tempted to start one.

At least you paid income taxes. 50% of Americans did not. Those that didn't or got a full refund ARE PART OF THE DAMNED PROBLEM!!!

jhale667
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
At least you paid income taxes. 50% of Americans did not. Those that didn't or got a full refund ARE PART OF THE DAMNED PROBLEM!!!

Total bullsh*t as usual. 46% of people don't pay FEDERAL taxes - because THEY DON'T EARN ENOUGH to incur them. So how then are they "part of the problem"?

qikgts
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Today's aggregate total is:

$1,308,445,722.00

Imagine that; Just shy of $500,000.00 raised in 48 hours. And pundits say this economy is in the shitter...

All campaign contributions should be taxed at 110%. That will stop this bullshit.

Nitro Express
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Actually 40% of Americans don't pay income taxes. The thing is, they are totally dependent on the government and that makes them slaves. All the politicians have to do is threaten to take something away and those people will jump through any hoop to stay on the dole. It started with Lyndon Johnson where the Great Society created a permanent dependent underclass of captive voters. A government powerful enough to provide you everything is powerful enough to take it all away.

Welfare is rarely a good thing. It makes people lazy and it makes the politicians too powerful. Being a free individual is a lot of work and most people don't want to work that hard.

Nitro Express
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Total bullsh*t as usual. 46% of people don't pay FEDERAL taxes - because THEY DON'T EARN ENOUGH to incur them. So how then are they "part of the problem"?

They are not productive. What do those 46% do? What jobs, services, or products do they provide? I never got a job from a poor person.

Dr. Love
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Everyone who enjoys the benefits of our society and uses government services should contribute to the system.

Hardrock69
04-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Sure....contribute to the system....what if you have nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should pull their own weight, but there are many people who simply cannot....I know several people (friends) and someone in my own family who are even incapable of working due to physical or mental disabilities....

Hardrock69
04-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Well, look at Jimi Hendrix. He only actually made three albums while he was alive. His posthumous catalog is considerably larger, and that's not even counting bootlegs and greatest hits compilations.

But Jimi Hendrix was an enterainer....not an elected official......or an alcoholic, drug-abusing mental patient who created a religion for the sole purpose of separating people from their money.....

Nickdfresh
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
They are not productive. What do those 46% do? What jobs, services, or products do they provide? I never got a job from a poor person.

What about the major, multinational corporations that pay little or no taxes?

jhale667
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM

If any of the idiots crying about poor people "not paying" (when it's clearly due to the fact they CAN'T afford to) weren't completely full of sh*t - they'd be more upset about that first.

FORD
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
But Jimi Hendrix was an enterainer....not an elected official......or an alcoholic, drug-abusing mental patient who created a religion for the sole purpose of separating people from their money.....

Well, actually Jimi took a lot of drugs, and tried to start a religion of sorts (something called the Electric Church of Gypsy Sun and Rainbows, if I remember correctly) but at least he contributed something worthwhile to the planet in his music. Which is more than I can say about Pat Robertson or Xenu Hubbard.

Guitar Shark
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM

Or religious organizations for that matter.

Dr. Love
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Sure....contribute to the system....what if you have nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should pull their own weight, but there are many people who simply cannot....I know several people (friends) and someone in my own family who are even incapable of working due to physical or mental disabilities....

Exceptions should be exceptional. I agree that there should be special cases, but that's not where we are at on either end of the spectrum.