PDA

View Full Version : EPA video reveals Team Obama's scary crusade against affordable, reliable energy

Jagermeister
04-27-2012, 09:26 AM
EPA video reveals Team Obama's scary crusade against affordable, reliable energy

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/27/epa-video-reveals-team-obama-scary-crusade-against-affordable-reliable-energy/#ixzz1tFHrGlrf

The EPA is supposed to protect the environment, not crucify industries that which it dislikes. But as the sensational video that recently surfaced shows, all too often the agency does the latter.
If the problem began and ended with EPA Region 6 administrator Al Armendariz, then dismissing him would be enough to solve it. Unfortunately, Armendariz merely used more colorful language to describe an approach that has driven the agenda of President Obama's EPA.
That’s why Congress must stand up to these unaccountable bureaucrats.

Armendariz is the EPA regional director who oversees Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. It’s a region our country relies on heavily for oil and gas production. But Armendariz seems unconcerned about the economic impact of launching a crusade against oil and gas companies.

“My philosophy of enforcement,” he said in a now infamous video “was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw and they'd crucify them. And then, you know, that town was really easy to manage for the next few years.”

The Armendariz approach is the opposite of how regulators should behave. They should try to protect our health and safety while allowing businesses to succeed and expand. They shouldn’t crucify.
Yet the Obama EPA has repeatedly acted to vindictively limit the economic activity of individuals and businesses. They have even done so in egregiously illegal ways, as we recently found out in the unanimous Supreme Court case Sackett v. EPA.
The Sacketts are an Idaho couple that simply wanted to build a house on their private property. EPA told them that if they did they would be fined $75,000 per day and tried to block them from disputing the order. As Justice Alito eloquently wrote: “In a nation that values due process, not to mention private property, such treatment is unthinkable.”
In another recent case, a court struck down the Obama EPA’s attempt to revoke a valid mining permit that had been issued by the Army Corps of Engineers. The judge in that case, Mingo Longo, wrote: “EPA resorts to magical thinking. It posits a scenario involving the automatic self-destruction of a written permit issued by an entirely separate federal agency after years of study and consideration. Poof!”
The most egregious overreach of all is the EPA’s astonishing war on coal. In a thicket of excessive and unnecessary regulations – including the dubious transformation of the 1970 Clean Air Act into a global warming law – the Obama administration has set in motion rules that would force every coal plant in the United States to retire or convert to natural gas. The result will be steeply higher electricity prices, lost jobs, and lower standards of living.

Last election cycle, Obama accidentally let slip his anti-coal position. He said: “Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad.” He went on to explain: “So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can — it’s just that it will bankrupt them.”
His cap-and-trade plan crashed and burned and cost dozens of Democrats their seats in Congress. Yet the day after the 2010 election Obama said: “Cap-and-trade was just one way of skinning the cat; it was not the only way. It was a means, not an end. And I’m going to be looking for other means to address this problem.”
I’m sure Armendariz cheered, because Obama appeared ready to resort to his methods.
The worst part of Obama’s crusade against affordable, reliable energy is that it’s an undeclared war. Congress never voted for these policies – in fact, they voted against them. But the crusade continues nonetheless.
The U.S. Senate will soon have an opportunity to put a stop to this crusade when it votes on Senator Jim Inhofe’s S.J.Res 37, which would overturn Obama’s most costly coal regulation. You can urge your senator to vote yes by going to www.WarOnCoal.com. Please do.
Phil Kerpen is president of American Commitment and the author of "Democracy Denied: How Obama is Bypassing Congress to Radically Transform America - and How to Stop Him."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/27/epa-video-reveals-team-obama-scary-crusade-against-affordable-reliable-energy/#ixzz1tFIJ2Ooa

Jagermeister
04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
The true agenda of this president. All out war on affordable energy.

jhale667
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Bullsh*t. Wow, first a Brietbart, then a FAUX link...you're on a misinformation roll this morning. What's next, gonna post something agreeing with f***tard du jour Allen West about "commies"? Oh, wait...West is still black. Never mind. :lmao:

Jagermeister
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Bullsh*t. Wow, first a Brietbart, then a FAUX link...you're on a misinformation roll this morning. What's next, gonna post something agreeing with f***tard du jour Allen West about "commies"? Oh, wait...West is still black. Never mind. :lmao:

It's a well reported story and the guy apologized for it so it's not misinformation goob.

BigBadBrian
04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
agreeing with f***tard du jour Allen West about

You're obviously a scumbag, in-bred, West VA style RACIST!!!

:finger-attitude:

jhale667
04-27-2012, 11:47 AM
You're obviously a scumbag, in-bred, West VA style RACIST!!!

So much for you being "done with the attack posts".... asshat.

I'm the opposite of inbred remember, douche? Nor could I ever be accused of being racist. Oh, and learn how to abbreviate states correctly, dunce.

gbranton
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
The EPA is an Unconstitutional agency and should be abolished. Environmental matters should be handled by individual states.

You have to hand it to Obama though, even with 122 fundraisers 94 rounds of golf and 17 vacations as of April 20, according to American Freedom he still finds time to impede economic progress, increase the number of citizens reliant on welfare and blame everyone from ATM machines to George W. Bush for his failures.

jhale667
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
The EPA is an Unconstitutional agency and should be abolished. Environmental matters should be handled by individual states.

Yeah, THAT usually works out. Ridiculous premise. Unconstitutional? Right.

You have to hand it to Obama though, even with 122 fundraisers 94 rounds of golf and 17 vacations as of April 20, according to American Freedom he still finds time to impede economic progress, increase the number of citizens reliant on welfare and blame everyone from ATM machines to George W. Bush for his failures.

Right, Bush was blameless. And he's still taken less vacations - and reimbursed taxpayers for more of it - than W. did at this point in his "administration".

And did you ever think the number of people needing government assistance might have gone up because the economy TANKED (before Obama ever got in office, so that is also bullsh*t.)??

Nickdfresh
04-27-2012, 03:12 PM
The true agenda of this president. All out war on affordable energy.

Just like the energy industry is waging an all out war on the environment (aka the BP Spill)! Hyperbole much?

Nickdfresh
04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
The EPA is an Unconstitutional agency and should be abolished.....

Then so should the U.S. Air Force, the National Guard, Reserves, and nearly everything else not mentioned in an archaic, minimalist document written before electricity was harnessed by mankind...

FORD
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM

According to "American Freedom"?

What exactly does that mean? If it's this fucking wackjob (http://usamericanfreedom.com/about-me/), then she's even a less reliable source than Drudge or Breitbart (before he went to Hell) just by virtue of complete teabagging insanity.

FORD
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
A lot of things have been unconstitutional in the last 12 years or so.... The Supreme court deciding Presidential elections....the Chimp they appointed starting two illegal wars, based on nothing but lies......distorting a case about a right wing slander movie against Hillary Clinton into a complete enabling of corporations to have unrestricted impact on the political process and endorsing the ridiculous fiction that a corporation is equivalent to a human being when it comes to "freedom of speech", yet not subject to obey the laws that human beings are.

Want to take a stand for the constitution? Why don't we start with demanding a reversal of Chimp vs Gore, which would then make any law signed by the Chimp null and void. Which in turn would make the appointments of Opie Roberts and Sammy the Fish Alito null and void. Which would then make Shittizens United null and void.

That would be a good start.

Jagermeister
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Just like the energy industry is waging an all out war on the environment (aka the BP Spill)! Hyperbole much?

Yes. Bad deal. But in the end mother nature didn't mind much. And BP paid the bill. Let's get over it.

Jagermeister
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
A lot of things have been unconstitutional in the last 12 years or so.... The Supreme court deciding Presidential elections....the Chimp they appointed starting two illegal wars, based on nothing but lies......distorting a case about a right wing slander movie against Hillary Clinton into a complete enabling of corporations to have unrestricted impact on the political process and endorsing the ridiculous fiction that a corporation is equivalent to a human being when it comes to "freedom of speech", yet not subject to obey the laws that human beings are.

Want to take a stand for the constitution? Why don't we start with demanding a reversal of Chimp vs Gore, which would then make any law signed by the Chimp null and void. Which in turn would make the appointments of Opie Roberts and Sammy the Fish Alito null and void. Which would then make Shittizens United null and void.

That would be a good start.

Oh for fuck sakes. Will you promise to die when Romney wins the next election?

fifth element
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM

bleh....romney has about a snowball's chance in Hell of winning....
but cute, Jag....really

cute

FORD
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM

Hell, if Raw-money WINS the election, I'll be praying that the Mayans got it right, and the plug gets pulled on the whole damn thing a month before that lying son of a bitch can put his right hand on a Book of Mormon and swear an oath that he has no intention of keeping.

On the other hand if he STEALS the election (which is a very good possibility, given his BCE endorsement) you'll be wishing the Mayans got it right, because the people aren't going to put up with that shit again.

Hell, we all know Barry Obama is a disappointment compared to what he campaigned as being. But if he's not cleaning up the BCE's mess fast enough, the solution is NOT to replace him with another BCE puppet/business partner.

Nitro Express
04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
I got a lot of nails and some 4x4's. I can think of a few people to crucify.

Jesus Christ
04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Ouch! Please, no crucifixion jokes!!

Alright... sun is setting, so this Messiah is outta here for the Sabbath :jesuslol:

Nitro Express
04-27-2012, 11:38 PM

Yup. BP. The oil company Obama just let run the show while he did nothing. See the thing is, it's selective regulation. Insiders can pollute all they want and steal all they want. If you aren't a buddy of the president they will come after you and shut you down and if one of his buddies robs you, he will do nothing about it.

Nitro Express
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
The problem with these regulatory agencies is they have become too powerful. They are ran by unelected officials and they make regulations which really are laws without a proper voting process taking place. They also get a huge percentage of the federal budget. Congress should vote on any new regulations and the president should sign them into law or veto them. Once the laws (regulations) are established by the proper constitutional process then the government agency can enforce those laws. We really need to trim the power of the executive branch. It's become so powerful it's just ignoring the congress and doing whatever it wants breaking established laws and making up new regulations and executive orders on the fly. It's too much power and it's clearly been abused.

Really what's going on in Washington DC is crony capitalism. The connected can do whatever they want and even steal billions of dollars and nothing happens to them while their competition get hassled by the regulatory agencies. A regulatory agency can bankrupt you and then you can be bought up cheap. This is racketeering at very high levels. We don't have government administrators. We have gangsters in charge.

Nickdfresh
04-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Yes. Bad deal. But in the end mother nature didn't mind much. And BP paid the bill. Let's get over it.

It's more than that! Do you have any idea what a festering pisshole of dung much of America was in 1970 due to blatant polluting by corporations and gov't agencies?

Nickdfresh
04-28-2012, 06:18 AM

Will you promise to quit pissing and moaning every second about Obama if he wins?

BigBadBrian
04-29-2012, 09:39 AM
So much for you being "done with the attack posts".... asshat.

I'm the opposite of inbred remember, douche? Nor could I ever be accused of being racist. Oh, and learn how to abbreviate states correctly, dunce.

That wasn't an attack...you simply fail to see the hypocrisy i was illustrating.

When a conservative opposes Obama or his policies, he's a racist.

When a liberal opposes a black conservative, it's OK.

You fail to see the hypocrisy, don't you?

BigBadBrian
04-29-2012, 09:45 AM
the economy TANKED (before Obama ever got in office, so that is also bullsh*t.)??

The economy is like a car.

Bush took it and started to drive it downhill. Obama then got n the driver's seat and drove it off a cliff.

You Obamabots will never take responsibility for anything, will you? It's people like YOU who are responsible for the shitty economy by voting in that Moron. BTW, how much did you pay in Federal taxes this year?

BigBadBrian
04-29-2012, 09:50 AM

Romney won't win....the best Republicans are sitting this one out. To be honest the best thing that could happen to Republicans is if Santorum would win so the hardliners could see how badly he would get thrashed.

At this point, it's more important to retain control of the House anyway, so "Boehner & Co." can put up more "obstructional" ploys to Obama and his ridiculous policies. :biggrin:

kwame k
04-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow! There's just no cure for your kind of stupid, Forrest!

sadaist
04-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Romney won't win....the best Republicans are sitting this one out.

Who are they please?

I'm a Republican and have no clue who I feel confident I could back 100% for President. Let me know some names so I can start paying attention to them.

Nickdfresh
04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
The economy is like a car.

Bush took it and started to drive it downhill. Obama then got n the driver's seat and drove it off a cliff.

You Obamabots will never take responsibility for anything, will you? It's people like YOU who are responsible for the shitty economy by voting in that Moron. BTW, how much did you pay in Federal taxes this year?

Oh the irony. So, it's all Obama's fault that the Dow Jones has almost doubled since Bush left?

ELVIS
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Nor could I ever be accused of being racist.

Being overly sympathetic towards Obama because he's half black seems racist to me...

jhale667
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
BTW, how much did you pay in Federal taxes this year?

Like that's any of your business... Suffice to say MY FAIR SHARE, and that you (and ELBOW) can go f*** yourselves.

Nitro Express
05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Apparently the EPA Caligula lost his job over his crucify and terrify comments.

ELVIS
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
:biggrin:

ELVIS
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Suffice to say MY FAIR SHARE

If you willingly hand over to the federal government a percentage of your earnings as a self employed guitar pick sharpener, you got issues...

If I were a liberal, I would feel sorry for you...

:elvis:

jhale667
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
If you willingly hand over to the federal government a percentage of your earnings as a self employed guitar pick sharpener

You guys can't have it both ways... can't say people who don't make enough to pay federal taxes are the problem, and then bust on gainfully employed tax payers in the next breath, you're trying to give the illusion that you're NOT stupid, remember? So much for that idea...:lmao:
Wanna compare resumes again, you pathetic inbred hick? What multinational corporation do YOU work for again....oh, that's right you're an unemployed hack Yngwie wannabe.

I've got issues...

We know.

If I were a liberal...

You might be less of an a-hole? :hee:

ELVIS
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
The federal income tax should be abolished...

Seshmeister
05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Along with the federal military.

FORD
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
The federal income tax should be abolished...

Yes, because 30 years of tax cuts for the tax dodging rich have been so goddamn successful, shit just imagine how great it would be if we didn't make them pretend to pay taxes at all. Ah, who the fuck needs 21st century infrastructure anyway. Let the Chicoms have their bullet trains... I'll stick with driving my gas guzzler on shitty pothole-filled roads.

jhale667
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Just be sure you don't drive your gas-guzzler across any crumbling bridges, k?

MUSICMANN
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Guys, you can sling mud back and forth. The real question is, are you personally and financially better off now than you were four yrs ago. I know, that not only my personal bank account but my business's have taken massive hits, and the same has happened for my family, friends and many others i know. So you have to ask that question to yourself. You have to examine if this administration is driving this country into a place that will have us all on a soup line. Now i know for some here, the situation and finger will point backwards into the past and that is not being truthful with yourself or being honestly realistic to what's happening today and the policies that are being pushed by the current president. So, once again, you have to ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself to the fullest extent.

FORD
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Guys, you can sling mud back and forth. The real question is, are you personally and financially better off now than you were before that unelected Chimp bastard I was stupid enough to vote for TWICE completely trashed the economy.

That is a good question. And I doubt anybody but a "defense" contractor, an oil industry shill, or a Gold Mansacks felon could answer in the affirmative.

MUSICMANN
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
That is a good question. And I doubt anybody but a "defense" contractor, an oil industry shill, or a Gold Mansacks felon could answer in the affirmative.

Like i said, some will point the finger of blame <-------------- that way, no matter of how much the problem is sitting in the oval office at this moment. Sky rocket gas prices, unemployment as high as the great depression, uncontrollable national debt that continues to rise, Give away special interest programs that the middle class pay through higher taxes and the list goes on and on.

If there has been any time, right now, is not the time to look at what this country is going through, with foggy idealistic conjecture.Through eight yrs. of President Clinton and eight yrs. of President Bush, i can honestly look back and know that for my personal self, things were 100% better in those 16 yrs. than what this country has had in the last four yrs. It's one thing to stand up and cheer for your guy/party but it's another thing to stand up and cheer for a president that you know with solid everyday proof, like putting gas in your car to feeding your family has mucked up the economy so bad, it's just to overwhelming to continue down the same path for another four yrs.

FORD
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Who are they please?

I'm a Republican and have no clue who I feel confident I could back 100% for President. Let me know some names so I can start paying attention to them.

I'm pretty sure that Lincoln Chaffee, or maybe those two lady Senators in Maine are the last actual Republicans to hold office. We used to have them in this state. Hell, one former Republican governor here actually became the President of the allegedly ultra-leftist Evergreen State College. And I used to run into our former Secretary of State (a Republican) at Democratic fundraisers all the time. And he wasn't there to heckle the candidates. Sadly he was the last of his kind in this state.

FORD
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Like i said, some will point the finger of blame <-------------- that way, no matter of how much the problem is sitting in the oval office at this moment. Sky rocket gas prices, unemployment as high as the great depression, uncontrollable national debt that continues to rise, Give away special interest programs that the middle class pay through higher taxes and the list goes on and on.

Obama didn't create the problems. What he is guilty of, is appointing the same dumb Clinton/DLC retreads who helped create the problems (along with the BCE) rather than appointing a team who actually was interested in solving the problems and returning to what actually worked best in this country, i.e. the policies put in place by FDR which kept this country economically sound for half a century.

jhale667
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Obama didn't create the problems. What he is guilty of, is appointing the same dumb Clinton/DLC retreads who helped create the problems (along with the BCE) rather than appointing a team who actually was interested in solving the problems and returning to what actually worked best in this country, i.e. the policies put in place by FDR which kept this country economically sound for half a century.

This - But bottom line, does anyone really think ousting Obama for the guy that wants to do things like W. & Co. again *times ten* is a better alternative? :umm:

Dr. Love
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
So which 3rd party candidate will you guys be voting for then, FORD & jhale?

FORD
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.voterocky.org/

Dr. Love
05-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm glad to hear it, FORD... 4 more years of Obama means 4 more years of rolling over for Republicans when he isn't signing away our freedoms and liberties. Not that Romney is any better.

FORD
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
The Willard Mittens Romney that was governor of Massachusetts might have been tolerable. The current BCE puppet Romney would not. And Romney with a Randtard VP and a teabagger congress would be the worst thing imaginable.

Dr. Love
05-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Romney's already got the GOP behind him for the election so he doesn't need to pander to them anymore. He's not going to govern like he campaigned. He'll use pollsters to govern.

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 12:51 AM
The Willard Mittens Romney that was governor of Massachusetts might have been tolerable. The current BCE puppet Romney would not. And Romney with a Randtard VP and a teabagger congress would be the worst thing imaginable.

I don't know the Democrat white house and congress acted just like a bunch of corrupt Republicans. Spending hand over fist and giving bailouts to all their corporate and banking friends. I really didn't see any difference other than they fucked us hard using healthcare as the excuse other than chasing terrorists. Both seem to love to keep the border wide open. If anythng, Democrats seem to be a little better at wasting money but I guess if you are on welfare you enjoy some of the waste.

I've yet to feel the euphoria of the thousand points of light or hope and change.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
So which 3rd party candidate will you guys be voting for then, FORD & jhale?

As if there was one...

I'm glad to hear it, FORD... 4 more years of Obama means 4 more years of rolling over for Republicans when he isn't signing away our freedoms and liberties. Not that Romney is any better.

He'd be far worse.

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I thought you liked Obama ??

jhale667
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I thought you liked Obama ??

I do...do I think he's perfect? Far from it - there's a lot more he could have done, even taking into consideration all the Republican obstruction - and the indefinite detention issue and going back on his word about medical marijuana are FAILS, I've said that before.

Is there a better alternative in Mittens OR Ron Paul? HELL NO.

Dr. Love
05-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Don't forget renewing the patriot act and extending the lifetime of the bush tax cuts for the super rich.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't forget renewing the patriot act and extending the lifetime of the bush tax cuts for the super rich.

The patriot act is f*cked, no argument there...and you know damn well extending the tax cuts for the rich was the ONLY way to keep taxes from going up on the poor and middle-class thanks to the party of NO, so nice try and FAIL there... C'mon, I expect that crap from ELBOW, but YOU'RE supposed to be smarter than that...

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Is there a better alternative in Mittens OR Ron Paul? HELL NO.

Ron Paul would be light years better...

I think people like you are afraid of real freedom, because with real freedom there is no free lunch...

jhale667
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM

I think people like you are afraid of real freedom, because with real freedom there is no free lunch...

You're pathetic. And you just demonstrated why you're NOT PAID TO THINK, agenda-boy...when or where have I ever asked for a "free lunch", you inbred douche? Much as you desperately wish otherwise - I have a job, remember? I pay taxes. I don't need or want a handout, much to your chagrin. So quit with your "people like you" bullshit.

Dr. Love
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
The patriot act is f*cked, no argument there...and you know damn well extending the tax cuts for the rich was the ONLY way to keep taxes from going up on the poor and middle-class thanks to the party of NO, so nice try and FAIL there... C'mon, I expect that crap from ELBOW, but YOU'RE supposed to be smarter than that...

I think Obama caved and the republicans were bluffing. It was a political game of chicken and Obama blinked first.

There was no way the republicans would have raised let taxes on the middle class go up.

They just knew they could push around the President, and he proved them right.

If he had held his ground they would have backed down like they have in a few other cases since then when it was clear that the President wouldn't cave in. It seems that maybe he learned his lesson from it.

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
i don't need or want a handout.

Yeah, but you support the federal nanny system to hand out free lunch to the "less fortunate."

jhale667
05-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I think Obama caved and the republicans were bluffing. It was a political game of chicken and Obama blinked first.

There was no way the republicans would have raised let taxes on the middle class go up.

They just knew they could push around the President, and he proved them right.

If he had held his ground they would have backed down like they have in a few other cases since then when it was clear that the President wouldn't cave in. It seems that maybe he learned his lesson from it.

That may be true, and if so at least he learned from that mistake.

Yeah, but you support the federal nanny system to hand out free lunch to the "left fortunate."

Oh, you mean the one more RED states benefit from, dumbass? :lmao:

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Keep playing the false left / right game, jay...

FORD
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM

Only with a congress with a majority of Dennis Kucinich/Bernie Sanders Liberals in both houses.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Keep playing the false left / right game, jay...

... Go re-read your last "left fortunate" post and try that again, hypocrite.

Dr. Love
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
What about a Dennis kucinich vp? ;)

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
You're pathetic. And you just demonstrated why you're NOT PAID TO THINK, agenda-boy...when or where have I ever asked for a "free lunch", you inbred douche? Much as you desperately wish otherwise - I have a job, remember? I pay taxes. I don't need or want a handout, much to your chagrin. So quit with your "people like you" bullshit.

Thank's to the re-election of Governor Brown you will be paying even more taxes in the Golden State. I guess we don't call it that anymore because the liberals stole all the gold. Now your state which once had the seventh largest gross national product on the planet has the worst bond rating out of any state in the union. You are even one of the nations largest oil producers and you still are in last place. What a pooch screw.

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Only with a congress with a majority of Dennis Kucinich/Bernie Sanders Liberals in both houses.

The problem is those are the only two good liberals left and Kucinich got blind sided out of office. Really it's not a bad idea though because with that kind of caliber of people in the congress we probably would get some good out of it. The problem is the liberals have sold out to Wall Street just like most the Republicans have. Ron Paul could knock off a shit load of debt and get some sound money back in the system. That needs to be done. The FED must go and it's debt must be written off.

FORD
05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
What about a Dennis kucinich vp? ;)

That would only work if it was a Chimp/Cheney type of arrangement, and Dennis got to be in complete control of the domestic policy, while Ron Paul took care of the foreign policy. And if the teabaggers still controlled the House, Dennis would have to be the one with the veto pen.

Jagermeister
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM

He can't possibly be any worse.

FORD
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
He can't possibly be any worse.

The Hell he can't!

Mittens has merged himself with the BCE, which has been the single most destructive force on this planet in the last century. His most likely running mate is a puppet of the KKKoch brothers, founders of the John Birch Society who were literally funded by Josef Stalin. His second most likely running mate is a member of a right wing radical group of exiles who have been trying to start a war with Cuba for 50 years.

Either one represents a future for this country that would make the 8 years of Chimpy seem like a fond memory.

Jagermeister
05-02-2012, 03:59 PM
The Hell he can't!

Mittens has merged himself with the BCE

I don't think anyone but you knows what BCE stands for. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
BCE stands for: Bare Cunt Exclusive. Ford watches too much porn.

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
The Hell he can't!

Mittens has merged himself with the BCE, which has been the single most destructive force on this planet in the last century. His most likely running mate is a puppet of the KKKoch brothers, founders of the John Birch Society who were literally funded by Josef Stalin. His second most likely running mate is a member of a right wing radical group of exiles who have been trying to start a war with Cuba for 50 years.

Either one represents a future for this country that would make the 8 years of Chimpy seem like a fond memory.

Joseph Stalin? I think that better describes who's currently in office. Oh yeah. Mitt will turn the country into a Mormon theocracy get ready to wear your funny underwear.

THE BCE
05-02-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think anyone but you knows what BCE stands for. :biggrin:

We like it that way.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Joseph Stalin? I think that better describes who's currently in office.

:headlights: That's just crazy talk right there.

But AW, why'd you edit out the "Maybe I will join the SS and smack you guys around" part? :hee:

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Let's see. Homeland Security just ordered 450 million rounds of hollow point ammunition. Obama just made protesting anywhere where the Secret Service is a felony. 450 million rounds is a shit load of pistol ammo for a domestic police force. The government has gone even more nuts under Obama. I guess Hope and Change is taking free speech away and stocking up on enough ammo to fight a big civil war.

I guess that is to keep the prostitutes from protesting not getting paid by the Secret Servicing.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
That claim's pretty much been debunked, but don't let that stop you! :rolleyes:

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
No it hasn't...

jhale667
05-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Uh, sorry - YES IT HAS...love how you guys always want to call liberal info sources into question, yet you take something that started as a chain email ( FFS!) and run with it...

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/apr/30/chain-email/chain-email-says-homeland-security-purchasing-many/

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
What I have learned from most the Democrats on this site is if a Republican does something bad it's really really bad. But if a Democrat does the same thing or even worse, it's ok and we will blame the Republicans for it.

That's about how you guys roll. It's no deeper than that. You fear tyranny from the other side while your side has opened the flood gates and is bringing it now and you don't see it. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

No wonder the powers that be think they have it in the bad already. They have this country so divided they can just keep playing each side off of each other and that works in their favor.

Let's just put it this way, both sides are corrupt now. Arguing over who's better is just a bunch of bullshit. I heard this all when Bush was running oh Bush would fix things and then I heard it about Obama. I've just seen it steadily decline my whole life. If something get's better the government really doesn't have much to do with it. Someone invented something in the private sector and it created a whole new industry. Or it's a fake better because the FED kept interest rates low and the banks would loan to anyone. Now it's come to roost. The can can't be kicked any farther. Those in power know it and they know things are going to fly off the handle soon because they have no real solutions and they want to stay in power. So they are arming themselves to the teeth, threatening us with jail if we protest or oppose them, and then in their own words, they will act like Romans going into a country and crucifying people to keep the others in line. Nice times we live in.

Oh well. Maybe this country needs a lesson in reality. Maybe it deserves what it's getting. The politicians just reflect the greater population.

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Uh, sorry - YES IT HAS...love how you guys always want to call liberal info sources into question, yet you take something that started as a chain email ( FFS!) and run with it...

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/apr/30/chain-email/chain-email-says-homeland-security-purchasing-many/

The article still says they are buying 450 million rounds of ammo. Hollow point ammo. You know how much ammo that is? Training? They just must load one clip after the other just spraying it all over the place and wearing guns out in the process.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 05:47 PM
The article also says they combined several munitions contracts, and the purchase/delivery will be spread out over 5 years, so there goes your alarmist bent about it - unless your conspiracy theory includes Obama extending his 2nd term indefinitely.... As for your assertion tabout Dems saying what they do is OK vs Republicans...nice role reversal but actually the oppoite is true.

ELVIS
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
The article also says they combined several munitions contracts, and the purchase/delivery will be spread out over 5 years, so there goes your alarmist bent about it - unless your conspiracy theory includes Obama extending his 2nd term indefinitely....

it extends beyond the puppet Obama...

Nitro Express
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
The article also says they combined several munitions contracts, and the purchase/delivery will be spread out over 5 years, so there goes your alarmist bent about it - unless your conspiracy theory includes Obama extending his 2nd term indefinitely.... As for your assertion tabout Dems saying what they do is OK vs Republicans...nice role reversal but actually the oppoite is true.

Well you don't pull 450 million rounds of ammo out your ass. Sure it's going to take time to fill an order that big. I can see that much ammo to supply the military fighting wars on multiple fronts but this is for domestic policing. It's hollow point ammo that is used to kill more effectively. It's rarely used for training since the bullets are more expensive. Most police train with the less expensive solid point ammo and then carry hollow point ammo on duty. They expect us to think they need this much expensive ammo for training? No. They are arming themselves to the teeth. I doubt it's just some connected ammo suppliers who got the contract. It's not that they are buying ammo. It's not that it's hollow point. It's the huge amounts. The amount you would purchase for a major war and a war that can only be fought by domestic police because hollow point ammo is illegal for the military to use. All this at the time our constitutional rights are being taken away and our country has gone nuts using any excuse to send troops anywhere there is oil. I can remember you liberals really used to bitch about George W. Bush's military moves and his wars for oil. I guess if your guy does it it's ok. Oh and if your guy bails out his banking and corporate friends that's ok too. If George W. Bush did the same things Obama has done you guys would be screaming for the evidence of Bin Laden's capture, complaining about all the war activity and basically shitting yourselves over all the crazy spending.

I used to think liberals just wanted the government to provide everything for them usually sticking the bill to someone else. The dream being living in a Sweden or Norway utopia where everything was paid for by the government. You guys are way more militant than I ever imagined. As long as your guy is doing the killing you seem to have no problem backing him. Hey if you get to shoot some Texas rednecks you would be falling over yourselves to get to the ammo.

FORD
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
We like it that way.

Of course you do. How else would you get these idiot Republicans to vote for your candidates for 50 years?

Fascism thrives on ignorance. It requires a dumbed down, misinformed population to exist at all.

jhale667
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Why is it every time someone launches into one of their "liberals want this, liberals want that" blathers it never sounds anything like any liberal I've ever met..or even sounds remotely based in reality? :umm:

BigBadBrian
05-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Of course you do. How else would you get these idiot Republicans to vote for your candidates for 50 years?

Fascism thrives on ignorance. It requires a dumbed down, misinformed population to exist at all.

FORD, please look up the definition for "fascism." You would find Democrats more closely identify with that term than do Republicans.

ELVIS
05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
No, both dumbocrats and retardicans suffer from the same left / right paradigm syndrome and are equally prone to fascism...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
05-04-2012, 08:54 PM
FORD, please look up the definition for "fascism." You would find Democrats more closely identify with that term than do Republicans.

By all means Brian, tell us how....

FORD
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Oh really now?

Fourteen Defining
Characteristics Of Fascism
By Dr. Lawrence Britt
Source Free Inquiry.co
5-28-3

Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.

4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread
domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.

5. Rampant Sexism - The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.

6. Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.

7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.

8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions.

9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.

11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.

14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.

Seriously, that sounds more like "Democrats" to you?

ELVIS
05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
It sounds like both to me...

jhale667
05-04-2012, 11:04 PM

Yeah, but Alex Jones sounds like "news" to you... :lmao:

FORD
05-04-2012, 11:12 PM

Only because the Stalinist KKKoch Brothers funded the DLC and their hostile takeover of what used to be the Democratic party :(

ELVIS
05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
The same thing happened to both parties...

That's why I don't identify with either party...