BigBadBrian
04-29-2012, 12:19 PM
LINK (http://youtu.be/vK8ID0Eki68)

Nickdfresh
04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
It's not a "rip," it's called a "roast." A key distinction there, "shortbus."

chefcraig
04-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Watched this last evening, and the correspondent's dinner was pretty different this year. Hell, even Obama himself seemed to discover a sense of humor, misplaced or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJG5mpsyvI

vandeleur
04-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Must admit ain't seen a lot of those but that was pretty funny compared to what I thought it was gonna be like

Nitro Express
04-29-2012, 03:08 PM
It's pretty sad that one has to become a celebrity to win the presidency these days. I sometimes wonder if television is the great weapon of mass destruction. In fact, Philo T. Farnsworth's son visited a college class I took and he said when his father saw the garbage that was filling the airwaves his dad actually felt sorry he even invented the cathode ray tube.

So many rotten politicians win because they look good and sell an image. The people buy it because we are an image society with short attention spans. Everyone is looking at Obama and going "Where' The Beef?" The reality is there never was any beef. Obama's campaign did an excellent job of making this guy nobody knew who he was into a celebrity using the same tactics that a Hollywood PR agency uses to promote a new celebrity they want to cash in on. The big money does the same thing with politicians.

They did a good job of selling Barrack as the "Something Different" brand but if you look at the facts, nothing is different. It's more of the same and we are in a worse situation than we were four years ago.

Now more and more people are asking "Where's the Beef Barry?" This burger ain't what was on the television ad. It looked so good and so perfect. I bit into it and when I looked the burger was full of maggots and tasted bad.

ThrillsNSpills
04-29-2012, 08:17 PM
using the same tactics that a Hollywood PR agency uses to promote a new celebrity they want to cash in on. The big money does the same thing with politicians.

People are hired and catch phrases are tested.

LoungeMachine
04-30-2012, 12:47 AM
In fact, Philo T. Farnsworth's son visited a college class I took and he said when his father saw the garbage that was filling the airwaves his dad actually felt sorry he even invented the cathode ray tube.

No kidding?

:gulp:

What were the odds?

jhale667
04-30-2012, 10:27 AM
:lmao:

Seshmeister
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm certain I made the same Scooby Doo joke about Ron Paul here a while back but our shitty search engine is letting me down.

Do you think Kimmel's writers read this forum?

I thought he did well, one of the better ones I've seen, the crowd was less shitty than usual too.

Nickdfresh
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Apparently both Barbara Walters and Keith Olbermann are massively butt-hurt over this...

Seshmeister
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know how seriously we should take these kind of reports. Remember everyone was meant to be really pissed off with Ricky Gervais and then they turned up on his shows.

She doesn't look too upset here...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/white-house-correspondents-dinner-barbara-walters-jimmy-kimmel_n_1464811.html

fifth element
05-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Watched this last evening, and the correspondent's dinner was pretty different this year. Hell, even Obama himself seemed to discover a sense of humor, misplaced or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJG5mpsyvIWached most of the dinner....Obama was hilarious and Kimmel did a good job roasting not only the president and his wife but many other cabinet members....dem and rep....

was a pretty good show....kept me laughiing

fifth element
05-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Apparently both Barbara Walters and Keith Olbermann are massively butt-hurt over this...
the joke made at Barbara Walters expense was pretty mild....VERY mild compared to others made on Saturday Night Live and other talk shows

sadaist
05-01-2012, 03:18 AM
It's not a "rip," it's called a "roast." A key distinction there, "shortbus."

Same thing. Just by calling it a roast is a ticket to not get in trouble for the rip.