PDA

View Full Version : So yeah, now I'm facebook friends with Kody Van Halen...

VAiN
04-29-2012, 06:54 PM
You got it, Kody VH, Eddie's ankle-biting dog has a facebook page and I'm friends with him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35921_298311440249794_266432403437698_667773_69176 4347_n.jpg

SNIPER
04-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Haha. No way!

SNIPER
04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Can u put a link to it?

VAiN
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
https://www.facebook.com/KodyVanHalen

Do it, you know you want to...

vandeleur
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
:lmao:

NIN1211
04-29-2012, 07:05 PM

Cool pic's with Ed...Thanks Dude!

SNIPER
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Some cool pics over there too.

vandeleur
04-29-2012, 07:25 PM
We live in strange times brothers , 3 years they never updated their official web page . These days even the dogs on Facebook .... Lol

Seshmeister
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Apparently Kody is on vacation from work for the length of the tour.

He usually works in a high profile job in New York City as Donald Trump's hair.

vandeleur
04-29-2012, 07:29 PM
:lmao:

VAiN
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
We live in strange times brothers , 3 years they never updated their official web page . These days even the dogs on Facebook .... Lol

Seriously... What a difference!

VAiN
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Apparently Kody is on vacation from work for the length of the tour.

He usually works in a high profile job in New York City as Donald Trump's hair.

:appl: Bravo!

Sweet Irony
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Hes cute...I 'like' him...who writes his comments?!?

PS..LOL@Sesh!!

katina
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Kody rocks!! :rockin:

gbranton
04-30-2012, 01:21 AM

OK, I admit it, damn it. I "liked" Kody. :ashamed:

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 01:44 AM

Well Ed did say the drugs the doctors put him on fucked him up so bad he didn't know what dimension he was living in. I guess he just sat and watched TV and drooled for a few years.

chi-town324
04-30-2012, 01:49 AM
hell if he's on twitter he'd have more followers than all of us put together....

sadaist
04-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Is the dog in Eddies lap on the airplane? And is Eddie van Halen flying coach!? Weird.

I hate little dogs. Then I get around one and get attached. Every dang time.

sadaist
04-30-2012, 03:29 AM
Maybe we can get Eddie to join the Roth Army & post in the pets thread? LOL

Very cool facebook page. Kinda diggin Ed's silly chef beanie thing.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Is the dog in Eddies lap on the airplane? And is Eddie van Halen flying coach!? Weird.

I hate little dogs. Then I get around one and get attached. Every dang time.

It looks like tight coach seating and I never saw a dog ride in a plane loose like that. Usually the dogs are in kennels and kept out of the passenger area. The only time I ever seen animals in a plane was flying from Leningrad to Moscow in 1978 on Aeroflot. The seats would fold down flat and if a person wasn't in a seat they folded it down and put cargo on it. I rode next to a cage of chickens. No shit. LOL! The inflight meal was a piece of communist grade orange flavored candy. When I went to China in 1980 CAAC (The People's Republic) airlines served the same candy but you also got your choice of Tsing Tao beer or orange soda pop. Aeroflot never even offered a shot of vodka.

I was going through some of my old stuff the other day and found some kopek and rubles left over from that soviet union trip. You had to exchange your US Dollars into soviet currency and you could exchange your soviet money back to dollars but only one bank in Moscow could do it and the bank changed location on a daily basis. LOL! Oh well. They are still nice crisp bills after all these years. They still look new.

sadaist
04-30-2012, 04:22 AM
WTF Nitro? Sounds like Mad Max / Indiana Jones type shit. Insane.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 04:30 AM
WTF Nitro? Sounds like Mad Max / Indiana Jones type shit. Insane.

My dad's cousin was a Russian history professor and he went into the Soviet Union several times. We went with him in 78. A girl who lived down the street from us who was my age also went to the Soviet Union with her dad who was a college professor. I remember we both had to give a report in school about our trips. She got to ride the trans Siberian railroad all the way from Moscow to Vladivostok.

When China first opened up my dad wasted no time booking a trip there. He wanted to see it before it westernized. We lived in Hong Kong for three years so we were familiar with Chinese culture. It was like going back 100 years. We rode a steam locomotive out to the Great Wall. There were hardly any cars. People would rig self propelled roto tillers to pull a cart and that was kind of a motorized rickshaw. I saw people do things with bicycles I thought was impossible. They would put loads on bikes and peddle then that you thought would break the axles.

The Indiana Jones/Mad Max shit was going into Columbia when the State Department warned us not to and said there would be no help coming if we got kidnapped. It was actually a great trip. We got to go into this cool mine and we saw some of the biggest emeralds I've ever seen in my life. Then we went to Peru when the Shining Path terrorist group was on the rampage. Got to go over the Andies on this rickety train and check out the jungle. I still have a huge spider from the trip.

sadaist
04-30-2012, 04:40 AM
I drove kinda deep into Baja CA a few times. That's about as adventurous as I have gotten. Always wanted to drive all the way to French Guiana & back, Go down Baja & take ferry across. Take 2-3 months and really see everything & enjoy it. Cross Panama Canal. Problem is could never find someone to go with me.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 04:52 AM
The most dangerous part of traveling is border crossings. Once you get into a country and the farther away you get from borders the less danger there usually is. First of all there is more government serveillance in border areas, more crooked border guards and customs officials you have to deal with. Border towns are full of riff raff, smugglers, and opportunists. Once you get farther inland then you deal with the normal folks who are just trying to make out a living and survive. Most of these people are actually good people in most places and you don't have to worry about them. It's usually people in the government or the criminal element that hangs around borders you have to watch. Even in the Soviet Union the only time we got searched and harassed was at the Finish border. Actually the Red Army soldier we dealt with put on the tough guy act but he was decent to us. We had the same guy going out of the country and all he asked us was how we liked the USSR. LOL! In the cities we were free to go anywhere. We found out there were these same two guys following us. Probably KGB. But we got lost and we asked them directions which they gave. LOL! We knew they spoke English.

I honestly think we would have less violence and war in the world if most people traveled. Often more than not what you see for yourself in a country conflicts with what you see in the media. Politicians and religious leaders are always trying to blame someone or play one group off the other for their own political agendas. Then you go into places and see people busting their asses and still living in poverty. The answer is the same, they have a corrupt government. Most governments in the world are corrupt. I remember going into Latin America and everything was a hassle. It was constant bribery to get anything done and you couldn't even trust the mail system. It was always nice to come home to the states where everything was so easy. Now I see the same corruption and hassle of the third world and even some of the stuff from the communist world coming here or trying to get a foothold. I'm like going "Oh shit! I've seen this before and it's not pleasant." People in this country need to get a grip. They are being played. Once your government goes to shit nothing else matters. The world is full of the same story. Once you lose your middle class you are nothing special anymore.

Cato
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
doesn't that dog complain of Ed's smoking?

Seshmeister
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Apparently he now smokes electronic cigarettes.

This Facebook site is a particularly extreme form of the anthropomorphism that childless women seem to get into.

Referring to Wolfgang as the dogs older brother is kind of yucky.

VHscraps
04-30-2012, 08:30 AM
The weirdness continues. It's the Van Halen dog show 2012.

But the important question is - when Ed and Dave get antsy around each other back stage, which dog wins in a fight.

Kody vs. Russell.

Place your bets, now.

vandeleur
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Nitro you have had a wild and crazy life my friend :-)

ZahZoo
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Apparently he now smokes electronic cigarettes.

This Facebook site is a particularly extreme form of the anthropomorphism that childless women seem to get into.

Referring to Wolfgang as the dogs older brother is kind of yucky.

I see that a lot with friends who don't have kids and some empty nester's... it's some sick shit. Most are even worse than real parents and treat their four-legged crap factories better than their spouses and other humans around them...

BITEYOASS
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Well at least Ed is no longer in the Howard Hughes mode.

DLR Bridge
04-30-2012, 10:24 AM

Seriously. About 14 years ago, my girl and I strayed a little too far from the resort section of Cancun and I had to hide the fact that I was shitting myself on the inside that we were gonna get our asses shot off. Nowadays, New York is about as adventurous as I get.

Sensible Shoes
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I see that a lot with friends who don't have kids and some empty nester's... it's some sick shit. Most are even worse than real parents and treat their four-legged crap factories better than their spouses and other humans around them...

Hey now.

katina
04-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Well at least Ed is no longer in the Howard Hughes mode. :thumb:

Kody´s mode is much better!!!

In Sada´s words....PUPPY POWER !!!!!!!

gbranton
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM

I get better treatment from the "four legged crap factories" than from the humans around me, most (99%) of whom I wouldn't trust with a stick of gum.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 12:47 PM

I had a wild and crazy life until I got married. I'm lucky to still be alive and I'm not kidding. I did a lot of dangerous shit when I was younger.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
The craziest dog I saw was on Maui. There was this old guy that would play his guitar on the street so tourists would throw some money into his guitar case. He had a dog that wore a hawaiian shirt and sunglasses. If someone tried to take the dog's sunglasses the dog would get nasty. The dog liked them because they cut the sun's glare. I mean yeah you can put sunglasses on a dog and take a picture but this dog was using them for real. It was some funny shit.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Well at least Ed is no longer in the Howard Hughes mode.

If you were married to Vallerie Bertinelli you would be sick too. I think she really was a piece of shit. She admitted to cheating on Ed shortly after they were married. She goes into how much she loved him and then she would go on TV shows and say if she ever caught Ed with another women the marriage would be over. All while she's cheating on Ed. These people are the worst kind. Lying hypocrites. I think she manipulated Ed for all those years because he's not the take charge guy and guilt tripped him and made him go insane. Interesting he finally gets a divorce and finds another woman and look at the results. Ed's new wife saved his life. Vallerie was killing him.

chefcraig
04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I get better treatment from the "four legged crap factories" than from the humans around me, most (99%) of whom I wouldn't trust with a stick of gum.

Yep. Working retail or for the public in general over the years leads many of us to the same determination: After pulling off 8-14 hours dealing with selfishness and the basic drought of human kindness (let alone common sense) on display, it's hard to put into words how delightfully gratifying it is to come home to an animal that is more than thrilled just to hear your voice and responds with utter devotion and love. With that, a bottle of vodka, some left over delivery pizza and cable tv, you can get over just about anything.

Nitro Express
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Yep. Working retail or for the public in general over the years leads many of us to the same determination: After pulling off 8-14 hours dealing with selfishness and the basic drought of human kindness (let alone common sense) on display, it's hard to put into words how delightfully gratifying it is to come home to an animal that is more than thrilled just to hear your voice and responds with utter devotion and love. With that, a bottle of vodka, some left over delivery pizza and cable tv, you can get over just about anything.

Oh when these guys snap and hose a bunch of people in their anger and kill them I actually get it. They have had enough of society. They are getting some payback. Everyone acts shocked but I'm amazed it doesn't happen more to be honest with you. Maybe these people should have gotten a household pet and a blow job.

ZahZoo
04-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey now.

I guess that was a touch harsh... just irritated with our little four-legged crap factory Yorkie... caught Senor Lift-A-Leg christening my favorite guitar in my studio last night. He and I are at an impasse when it comes to acceptable social graces in the house...

guwapo_rocker
04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I drove kinda deep into Baja CA a few times. That's about as adventurous as I have gotten.

I took the subway in Cleveland. Twice :D

katina
04-30-2012, 01:53 PM

WOOF WOOF !!!! MEOW MEOW !!!! :gulp::gulp:

sadaist
04-30-2012, 02:28 PM

We treat our dogs better than people because our dogs treat us better.

Hey now.

I got this one Shoes.