PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boy Adam Yauch AKA "MCA" dead at 47

jhale667
05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Never was a huge Beastie fan, but 47 is too young to go...RIP.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/adam-yauch-dead-age-47-171332687.html

Adam Yauch Dead at Age 47
By Yahoo! Music

According to breaking-news reports this morning from Rolling Stone and TMZ, Adam "MC" Yauch, co-founder of Grammy-winners and recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Beastie Boys, has died at age 47. Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. As of this writing, it is unclear if his death is related to the cancer he was treated for in 2009.

Yauch revealed he had cancer in a salivary gland in his neck in July 2009, which delayed the group's touring plans and scheduled September 2009 release of Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 1. The album, later titled Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2, eventually came out in April 2011. Last year, Yauch announced that he was optimistic about treatment, but was not yet cancer-free.

Last month, Yauch did not attend the Beasties' induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. A representative told Rolling Stone at the time: "Beastie Boys regret that Adam 'MCA' Yauch will be unable to join Mike 'Mike D' Diamond and Adam 'Adrock' Horovitz at the band's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in April. Mike, Adam and Adam are truly grateful for the honor but with only two of the three Beastie Boys attending, they will unfortunately not be able to perform at the ceremony."

DLR Bridge
05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
You said a mouthful. Damn that sucks. RIP indeed.

sadaist
05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Man, the drinking parties we had back when I was young...Licensed to Ill was always in the rotation. Funny that all the metal heads liked the Beastie Boys. But they were a lot of fun to listen to when playing quarters and getting hammered. Kinda like Van Halen in some respects. Music that was just about having fun....no matter who you were.

Rest in peace man. Thanks for the great party soundtrack. Now you can annoy those uptight angels.

and aged 47. :( man...wtf?

Jagermeister
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Just heard this on the radio. Indeed to young. I am sure tampon4lif is crushed. :(

hambon4lif
05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Just heard this on the radio. Indeed to young. I am sure tampon4lif is crushed. :(You should be crushed too, you goat-roping retard!!

License To Ill was probably on the stereo the night your dad and his sister conceived you...:dafinger:

FORD
05-04-2012, 03:18 PM
There were only two white entities that ever produced good rap music, and neither one of them was named Eminem or Kid Schlock. Beastie Boys and Consolidated, they were the real deal. Fucking getting tired of reading about people close to my own age dropping dead from Cancer.

No Sleep Till Heaven? Rest In Peace, Adam :(

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmq2dq_elvis-costello-and-the-beastie-boys-radio-radio_music

fourthcoming
05-04-2012, 03:24 PM
A good friend of mine just passed away from Cancer a few days ago....going to the wake tomorrow as a matter of fact......What the fuck man......this is depressing......rest in peace MCA

SilvioDante
05-04-2012, 04:08 PM
For better or worse, depending on how you look at it, the Beasties changed music. Until they came along, rap was an inner city underground deal. Crap, the only 2 black artists MTV would play on a regular basis was Michael Jackson and Prince. Along come the Beastie Boys (along with Run-DMC) and the next thing you know MTV is devoting hours to rap and frat boys are running around with adidas shoes with no shoe strings.

RIP. I fuckin' hate cancer.

sadaist
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
you goat-roping retard!!

:dafinger:

:lmao:

WTF? HAHA!

I think the Beasties would approve of that saying.

Rikk
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I fucking hate this. HUGE Beastie Boys fan. ILL COMMUNICATION is one of the great albums.

R.I.P. MCA

P.S. I remember the summer of 2004, when I was finishing my time at the Links...I was arguing with several Van Hagar fans. They were going on about how excited they were for the Hagar reunion tour. I told them I was 1,000 times more excited about the new Beastie Boys album. They told me Beastie Boys aren't cool. I reminded them that the rest of the world feels that way about Van Hagar...

vandeleur
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Shitty news , aint listened to them for a long time but I remember Paul's boutique was a pretty cool
Record at the time , you get to a certain age and realise 48 is fuck all of an age ...
Rip MCA

Dan
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Very sad News.RIP MCA.:(

Unchainme
05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
P.S. I remember the summer of 2004, when I was finishing my time at the Links...I was arguing with several Van Hagar fans. They were going on about how excited they were for the Hagar reunion tour. I told them I was 1,000 times more excited about the new Beastie Boys album. They told me Beastie Boys aren't cool. I reminded them that the rest of the world feels that way about Van Hagar...

What the hell is wrong with the fucking sheep? They deserve a fucking shovel to the head for such blasphemy.

The fucking Beastie Boys transcend fucking coolness. Timeless. Fucking A. I've met people who CAN'T STAND Hip-Hop, but love the Beasties. Baby Boomers, Gen. X., Gen. Y, you name it, I've met people who like the Beastie Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptQHAW2T5M&ob=av2e

BTW, does have that mashup of "Running with the Devil" and "Sure Shot" that Roth played on his show once? It kicked ass. it was like combining awesomess..with more awesomeness.

SunisinuS
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Yea was very bummed after hearing this on the radio after driving back from a client.

You guys made some great simple fun tunage together.

RIP Adam.

:(

Unchainme
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvIk7zxYK8

Coyote
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM

NIN1211
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
We are all gettin older my friends...Stay Frosty. Hug someone you love!

Momshell
05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Really sad. I remember college years...me and my two roommates would sing Paul Revere. I was Adrock and the others were MCA and Mike D. Fun times! Fuck cancer

Momshell
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
A good friend of mine just passed away from Cancer a few days ago....going to the wake tomorrow as a matter of fact......What the fuck man......this is depressing......rest in peace MCA

Sorry man that's awful. Once again....fuck cancer.

Hardrock69
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Man this fucking sucks. Only 47.

Shit.

:(

YOU GOTTA FIGHT!

FOR YOUR RIGHT!

TO PAAAAAAAAARTY!!!!

I hope God has an amazing stripper bar with lotsa booze and hot babes set up for him when he arrives....

Eyes of the Night
05-04-2012, 08:41 PM
RIP MCA ... he was always the chill one ...

sadaist
05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
This is kinda creepy.

VAiN
05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I remember listening to the first album and then I saw them in 93.. They were great! There are so many memories tied to the Beasties. 47 is way too early.. RIP MCA

DLR Bridge
05-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I fucking hate this. HUGE Beastie Boys fan. ILL COMMUNICATION is one of the great albums.

R.I.P. MCA

They must have been pissed or just plain confused when their beloved Bette did that aweful cover of Fight For Your Right To Party.

Momshell
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
They must have been pissed or just plain confused when their beloved Bette did that aweful cover of Fight For Your Right To Party.

Watch at your own risk - only saw enough to confirm that they did in fact do this. Wow. I'm speechless. The Beasties should sue their asses for that one!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGFGvlbYSs0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGFGvlbYSs0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

FORD
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
God damn, is there a song on this planet that the Ched Cocksucker can't destroy?:puke:

Hardrock69
05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Hey Rikk! How the fuck ya doin', ma man! Long time no see! :yo:

fourthcoming
05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Sorry man that's awful. Once again....fuck cancer.

Thanks kiddo......cancer blows

ODShowtime
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
RIP my man.

Nickdfresh
05-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Too bad, R.I.P. Adam. I'm not a Beastie affictionato but I have their stuff on my playlist and I think Paul's Boutique is one of the greatest albums ever...