PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see The Avengers?

Sarge
05-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I just got back from watching "The Avengers".. and I was thoroughly impressed! I was expecting a letdown, but I think this might be the best superhero movie so far.
Great story
Tons of action and Scarlett Johansson is easy on the eyes.

Thoughts?
Breasts,

vandeleur
05-06-2012, 04:02 AM
Quick post before bed, yip took the bairn And I thought it was great , loads of action and lived up to the hype . Thought it was even better than the first iron man which for me is the bench mark on this type of movie and yeah scarLett johanson was hot and more than just the token eye candy ..
Also thought the hulk was better in this than in the two movies that were just about him .

sadaist
05-06-2012, 04:31 AM
I hav not seen this or any of the movies leading to it with the exception of the 1st Iron man on TV a few months ago. My concerns, and maybe you guys can answer them....

Thor & Capt America seemed like they were churned out super fast just so they could make The Avengers.

How is a chick with a Glock saving the world alongside a God, a Hulk, Capt America & Iron Man?

I would think Robert Downey would not be happy with the Avengers since his Iron Man was doing so well standing alone. Was he at least the highest paid or biggest star in this movie?

The saga of the Hulk with Eric bana & Edward Norton is very sad. Now a 3rd guy? WTF with all the problems with the Hulk? I think Ed Nortons version was great & Eric Banas was still half decent (just bad direction & plot). Why the need for a 3rd? And I'm not really a fan of Mark Ruffalo. Just cause he's buddies with the director guy whats his face from Swingers movie.

I still think Green lantern should have done a lot better than it did. To me he is a better super hero than most of the Avengers.

But anyways, my fav of all time is Superman and thought the Brandon Routh version should have had sequels.

Jack68
05-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Saw it thought it was good..not great.More Hulk..smash..

Dr. Love
05-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I loved it. I plan to go see it again.

Romeo Delight
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't miss this movie. Glad to hear it was a good show.

chi-town324
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
broke 200 mill for the weekend...smashed the old record

High Life Man
05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Liked it. Loved SJ's ass.

Funny moments.

We ran into Ruffalo a year or so ago. He was drinking coffee in a shop next to the theater we were doing comedy. No pictures...didn't want to be dicks. Glad to see a guy from Whiskey doing well.

kissfan1976
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Seen It 3x already!!

jhale667
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
The showing I was planning on going to at Universal Studios was sold out this weekend - next 3 showings were too, didn't feel like spending 3 hours at the bar, so postponed until this week...can't wait to see it!

chuckie lee
05-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I hav not seen this or any of the movies leading to it with the exception of the 1st Iron man on TV a few months ago. My concerns, and maybe you guys can answer them....

Thor & Capt America seemed like they were churned out super fast just so they could make The Avengers.

How is a chick with a Glock saving the world alongside a God, a Hulk, Capt America & Iron Man?

I would think Robert Downey would not be happy with the Avengers since his Iron Man was doing so well standing alone. Was he at least the highest paid or biggest star in this movie?

The saga of the Hulk with Eric bana & Edward Norton is very sad. Now a 3rd guy? WTF with all the problems with the Hulk? I think Ed Nortons version was great & Eric Banas was still half decent (just bad direction & plot). Why the need for a 3rd? And I'm not really a fan of Mark Ruffalo. Just cause he's buddies with the director guy whats his face from Swingers movie.

I still think Green lantern should have done a lot better than it did. To me he is a better super hero than most of the Avengers.

But anyways, my fav of all time is Superman and thought the Brandon Routh version should have had sequels. Cap and Thor were good... It seemed they were put out quick, but the movies did not suffer. Downey and Iron Man were the highest paid, and was the big gun. They were embarrassed with all the nagative criticism from the first Hulk. That movie got killed. Norton had some problems with the studio with rewrites in his version, but it smoothed over due to how well it did. Then they dropped him cuz he wnted too much $$$ for the Avengers.. I wish he was in the Avengers. Green Lantern didnt do well at all. Too bad, cuz I liked it.. The Dark Knight is my # 1, my # 2 is the original Batman with Keaton and Jack.. Iron Man is awesome too, both 1 and 2....

Unchainme
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Loved it.

I had watched the Iron Man films prior to this, and loved Downey Jr. in that. He reminded me of Howard Hughes minus the OCD, mixed in with Diamond Dave.

I always find myself reluctant to go to Superhero movies, because, I really didn't grow up reading comics, nor had an interest in them. But, seeing the Iron man series, The Dark Knight chronicles, and the Avengers..and just how amazingly well done they are cinematicly, has really impressed me, and has started to make me more of a fan.

Dr. Love
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3p3i4qLDR1r1ibsxo1_500.gif

jhale667
05-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm doing some pre-screening boozing at the Hard Rock Cafe next door to the theater (location location!) ...so stoked to see this!! :killer:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk