PDA

View Full Version : Ed Roman.....wow....and Gibson Custom Shop Is Hiring.....ahem....*koff koff*

Hardrock69
05-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Was doing some personal research into ghost-building of guitars...and happened on Ed Roman's site.

Had never seen his site before....man, what a trip.

Notable is the Explorer-type guitar page...

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/gibson/explorer_shaped_guitars.htm

His V-shaped guitar page:

http://www.edroman.com/featured/vshaped.htm

Wow...he hates Les Pauls! HATER! HATER! :lmao:

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/gibson/dirty_blonde.html

What brought this about was that Gibson is hiring again. Well, they never STOPPED hiring.

As usual, there are numerous vacancies in upper management. They seem to have had an opening for a Chief Operations Officer every time I have looked at their website....for the past 10 FUCKING YEARS....
The ad I found on craigslist is for your standard production workers....sanders, finishers, neck installers, final testers, etc.

It pisses me off that I cannot apply to work there. I mean, sure....I COULD....but who wants to work at a company rated as the Worst Company To Work for by IT'S OWN EMPLOYEES??????

Fucking sucks. I would love to work at Gibson. But I would never even apply as long as Henry The Asshole is running the kamp.....I am not interested in being a slave....even if it is producing my favorite guitars.....

Here is the ad....it is the Gibson Custom shop hiring. With all the listings....it makes me wonder if perhaps the entire fucking Custom shop didn't quit all at once....

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mnu/2978517311.html

Gibson Custom is accepting applications for the following various General Labor positions:

We are seeking career-oriented individuals who desire to become a part of a world-class Manufacturing team; these are full-time positions in an aggressive, fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment.

Sanders-This position requires experience working with power or pneumatic tools. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to meet goals in a fast paced production environment.

Scrapers-This position requires experience working with hands in very tedious operations. This position requires good hand-eye coordination.

Fillers-This candidate will be responsible for filling stain products in a fast paced production environment.

Spray Painters-This position requires experience with using hand sprayers. This candidate must possess the ability to distinguish color hues in various lighting in regards to color matching, etc.

Neck fitters-This position requires the use of basic wood working tools. It also requires good hand-eye coordination and the ability to read micrometers and calipers. Wood working experience also preferred.

Binders-This position requires strenuous work with hands and attention to detail in a fast paced environment.

Buffers-This position requires a great deal of upper body strength and attention to detail. Candidate must possess the ability to stand for 8-10 hours.

Cleaners-This position requires great attention to detail and some knowledge of cleaning and polishing.

Repair Techs-This position requires a multitude of guitar repair experience including but not limited to: sanding, spraying, color matching, and clear coating. Previous wood working background preferred.

Adjusters-This position requires knowledge of the basic set up of guitars and other guitar assembly techniques. Intonation skills a huge plus and candidate must be able to play a guitar.

Physical requirements include the ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds. Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen as well as meet background requirements. Mandatory overtime required on an as needed basis!

Competitive wages and benefits.

Please send resumes to custom.jobs@gibson.com.

No Phone Calls Please!

ashstralia
05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
i'd kill at the set up job, Hr.

but the simple fact is i make far more money in my paradise here just teaching and playing a couple of gigs a month.

jhale667
05-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it'd possibly be fun were it not for the company's reported practices...but sure as F wouldn't consider relocating.

jhale667
05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
In other news, pretty sure Ed Roman's still dead. :hee:

twonabomber
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow...he hates Les Pauls! HATER! HATER! :lmao:

i thought Roman hated every guitar that wasn't built by him...

Coyote
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Copied, you mean...

jhale667
05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Copied, you mean...

Thank you! HUGE rip-off artist.

twonabomber
05-17-2012, 08:30 PM
well, yeah, that's what i meant.

Nitro Express
05-18-2012, 12:59 AM
I used to go to Ed's site for the entertainment value. His rants were just babble but hilarious. Ed was right on one thing. Your money was worth more then than now or in the future. Ed said buy now. In the 80's I wish I would have bought every old Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Guild, and such I could have bought because they would have kept their value better than the Fidelity mutual funds I was feeding at the time.

Hardrock69
05-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Yeah I noticed he pretty much found fault with everything HE did not build, lol.
Good for entertainment value though. ;)

rustoffa
06-02-2012, 11:59 PM
A friend of mine that builds effects was almost denied entry to Ed's shop because he didn't have an appointment. Wasn't even near closing time and the place was empty. 100 percent asshole vibeathon. He asked if he could leave a business card and won with directions to Brent Hind's signature Mastortion pedal. FTW

Nitro Express
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
The funniest thing I ever read of Ed's was he went to see Donny and Marrie in Vegas and I thought he was going to rip it big. He praised it to the hilt and went on and on how great it was. I never saw the guy that positive. He must have had the hots for Marie.

Hardrock69
06-05-2012, 01:19 AM
I have the hots for Marie, lol.

Gibson is having a difficult time finding people. Still trying to hire for every production position in the Gibson Custom Shop.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mnu/3051584224.html

Gibson Custom is accepting applications for the following various General Labor positions:

We are seeking career-oriented individuals who desire to become a part of a world-class Manufacturing team; these are full-time positions in an aggressive, fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment.

Sanders-This position requires experience working with power or pneumatic tools. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to meet goals in a fast paced production environment.

Scrapers-This position requires experience working with hands in very tedious operations. This position requires good hand-eye coordination.

Fillers-This candidate will be responsible for filling stain products in a fast paced production environment.

Spray Painters-This position requires experience with using hand sprayers. This candidate must possess the ability to distinguish color hues in various lighting in regards to color matching, etc.

Neck fitters-This position requires the use of basic wood working tools. It also requires good hand-eye coordination and the ability to read micrometers and calipers. Wood working experience also preferred.

Binders-This position requires strenuous work with hands and attention to detail in a fast paced environment.

Buffers-This position requires a great deal of upper body strength and attention to detail. Candidate must possess the ability to stand for 8-10 hours.

Cleaners-This position requires great attention to detail and some knowledge of cleaning and polishing.

Repair Techs-This position requires a multitude of guitar repair experience including but not limited to: sanding, spraying, color matching, and clear coating. Previous wood working background preferred.

Adjusters-This position requires knowledge of the basic set up of guitars and other guitar assembly techniques. Intonation skills a huge plus and candidate must be able to play a guitar.

Physical requirements include the ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds. Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen as well as meet background requirements. Mandatory overtime required on an as needed basis!

Competitive wages and benefits.

Please send resumes to custom.jobs@gibson.com.

No Phone Calls Please!

Not interested in helping Henry the Fucking Asshole, but have no qualms about helping the slaves that have to work under de Massuh.....

So if any of you want to relocate for a job that pays 9 bucks an hour and could get you fired at any time, head on down to Gnashville and tell 'em ol' Henry said you could have a job. :lmao:

sadaist
06-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Yeah, it'd possibly be fun were it not for the company's reported practices...but sure as F wouldn't consider relocating.

Not when Fender is so fucking close by.

Hardrock69
06-05-2012, 05:14 AM
No shit.