PDA

View Full Version : A VH Song Tribute to David Lee Roth

Nigel
05-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I've been in the liquor cabinet again. . .but here goes;

"The Trouble with Never"

To Tell the Truth, in 1984, I'm The One in Panama who was taking Spanish Fly. Can't Get This Stuff No More! Oh well, it Beats Workin!

I remember those Women In Love; well I Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, really, but I kept getting those House Of Pain Eruptions like your dick is On Fire; Blood & Fire. Somebody Get Me A Doctor!!

Well, Sinner's Swing, so Romeo Delight is Outta Love Again. But after a few drinks, You Really Got Me Hot For Teacher watchin' those Dirty Movies on the silver screen at the Cathedral, that Sunday Afternoon In The Park.

Jamie's Cryin', but She's The Woman; that Pretty Woman with the "Unchained" Tattoo and those Drop Dead Legs. Talk about Beautiful Girls Gone Bad! HoneyBabySweetieDoll!! Hey, Everybody Wants Some.

After a few more beers to Stay Frosty, a couple of Fools walk in with Little Guitars acting like "Me Wise Magic" claiming they're from Meanstreet, Chinatown. One has a shaved Bullethead and looks like an Atomic Punk from Outta Space, the other is talking in mindless word drool sporting a "Hang Em High" T-shirt.

These Intruders exchange a few whispered Secrets In A Simple Rhyme and start pointing towards the Big River where Women and Children First gave us Fair Warning that there was a Diver Down named Top Jimmy who had been Runnin' With The Devil. Jump flares would occasionally Light Up The Sky, but no-one was sure if he was Dead Or Alive.

They were drunk, or maybe just Crazy From The Heat, but I shouted "You're No Good, As Is, so I'll Wait to Hear About It Later"!!

Y'know, when Push Comes To Shove, it's better to Take Your Whiskey Home, Dance The Night Away and drown in You and Your Blues.

Bottom's Up. . .and The Cradle Will Rock. . z-z-z-z-z-

VAiN
05-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Bravo, sir.

rocking ron
05-17-2012, 09:17 PM
A VH SONG TRIBUTE TO SAMMY HAGAR

Oh Eddie, please take me back!! Don't tell me I'm not good enough...right now I'm doin' time in Amsterdam........and that sucker in a 3 piece..is still inside me...in 'n out..

and I can't get up...try to runaround but I'm spanked..it's my judgement day...very bad feelin' when it's love for this man on a mission...au..aftershock..he's saying I can't

stop loving you and you're mine all mine and it's not enough..that big fat money.. oh Eddie, I think the dream is over!!!!!!

vanshipman
05-17-2012, 11:27 PM
You're "On Fire" indeed sir!!!

Dave's Bitch
05-18-2012, 04:35 AM
Jamie's Cryin', but She's The Woman; that Pretty Woman with the "Unchained" Tattoo and those Drop Dead Legs. Talk about Beautiful Girls Gone Bad! HoneyBabySweetieDoll!! Hey, Everybody Wants Some.

I love this line:clap:

Nigel
05-18-2012, 09:53 AM
A VH SONG TRIBUTE TO SAMMY HAGAR

Oh Eddie, please take me back!! Don't tell me I'm not good enough...right now I'm doin' time in Amsterdam........and that sucker in a 3 piece..is still inside me...in 'n out..

and I can't get up...try to runaround but I'm spanked..it's my judgement day...very bad feelin' when it's love for this man on a mission...au..aftershock..he's saying I can't

stop loving you and you're mine all mine and it's not enough..that big fat money.. oh Eddie, I think the dream is over!!!!!!

Ron, it looks like you and I share the same liquor cabinet. How long did that take? Mine took about 2 hours, when the family was asleep and I could plot, plan and write.

Good job!!

rocking ron
05-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I did this in 30 minutes..............and you know why it took me so long........................

I.ve to find the song titles on the net because I simply don't know many titles from those albums''''''''''''''',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with Hagar hahaha

So I wrote down about 28 songs (not all of them) and this 'funny' story came up like..........!!

I wanted to do this with Dave era//solo songs but you came up sooner so I thought I try it this way!!! BTW : yours is great!!:first: