PDA

View Full Version : Hello - again

Never was
05-19-2012, 09:34 PM
New here kinda, was a member back in about 2004 I think. Great collection of folk, you guys do a great job with your show threads. Cheers to all, been a great tour so far I've caught 14 of the shows plus the Henson gig. Won't catch another till New Orleans.

Sarge's Little Helper
05-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Never was Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! The ROTH ARMY carries the Van Halen Torch, Diamond David Lee Roth Style! This is where Classic Van Halen is celebrated and Diamond Dave reigns as the Supreme Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

sadaist
05-20-2012, 10:04 AM
New here kinda, was a member back in about 2004 I think. Great collection of folk, you guys do a great job with your show threads. Cheers to all, been a great tour so far I've caught 14 of the shows plus the Henson gig. Won't catch another till New Orleans.

Holy smokes! 14 shows? Welcome home man.

VAiN
05-20-2012, 12:11 PM
14??? Good lord! Which lotto did you win? Way to go and welcome aboard!

Never was
05-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome, no lotto just friends of friends type thing that take care of it.
I didn't see any of the back half of last tour. My last show prior to Henson was the debacle in Lauderdale that led to that tour being halted shortly after.
New orleans will be fun love that city, good place to get in trouble and remind yourself you are still alive. Plus I love beignets.

The progress musically they made as band from that tour to this is huge.

VAiN
05-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome, no lotto just friends of friends type thing that take care of it.
I didn't see any of the back half of last tour. My last show prior to Henson was the debacle in Lauderdale that led to that tour being halted shortly after.
New orleans will be fun love that city, good place to get in trouble and remind yourself you are still alive. Plus I love beignets.

The progress musically they made as band from that tour to this is huge.

I was at that Lauderdale show as well and you just knew something was up.
They're killing it on this tour! I'll be in New Orleans too.. Should be a good one!

Never was
05-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah in Lauderdale when Eddie walked out and stood in front on the curtain while the band was behind it waiting to start you knew he was not right. Felt awful for Wolfie at that show he seemed like he was trying to get away from the drunk. What a difference now. In all fairness Eddie's challenges are well documented but he did have significant damage to his hand that since was repaired so on all fronts he is way better.

Give me a shout when in NO perhaps we will cross.

Light Em' Up!
05-20-2012, 06:44 PM

DAMN!!! 14 shows! Awesome!
Hope you will post some reviews or whatnot when you catch another show. Welcome back!

Never was
05-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I just have had more opportunity, sure everyone here would if the opportunity presented. Review, to me the band began to really relax and get in a groove the second show at MSG. Greensboro was my fav, but I may have been biased because my son came with me to that show but great energy and really good crowd. Next show is NO, last show was Seattle but really its Tacoma. That building is just awful sounding for concerts and a sound guys nightmare.

Many many moons ago I was in the biz and have a fair number of friends who still are so I get more opportunity than the average bear, just luck.
I get asked A LOT who I was cause people assume a lot I must be some has been from the day and I always just reply nope more like a never was. So thats my story. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Angel
05-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, welcome to the Army. It's a pleasure having you here. :)

katina
05-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Welcome :yo: