PDA

View Full Version : Penn's Obama Rant

TwoFoolsAMinute
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWWOJGYZYpk

Va Beach VH Fan
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't even consider that an "Obama Rant"....

He's ranting about the continued jailing for marijuana offenses....

While sure, Obama's president now, he could have easily ranted in previous Administrations as well....

By the way, I agree with him, you want to cut Government spending? Release all but the worst offenders....

Nickdfresh
05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Right, "States' Rights mean shit" to any administration...

And I also agree with everything said...

jhale667
05-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Agree same thing could be said of any Administration. Also agree with pretty much everything said.

sadaist
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Right, "States' Rights mean shit" to any administration...

How many other administrations were actively suing states for enforcing laws?

Nickdfresh
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
I dunno, but the Federal Gov't storming pot apothecaries at least dates to the Clinton Administration...

sadaist
05-23-2012, 04:11 AM
I dunno, but the Federal Gov't storming pot apothecaries at least dates to the Clinton Administration...

And he smoked pot too....or at least tried.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Bill was smoking right now. lol. But it is ridiculous the laws over marijuana. Most druga actually, especially prescription. Doctors get people hooked on this stuff by accident and they are left to go through horrible withdrawals in a jail cell? WTF?

We really need to drastically change how we deal with these things as a country.

Seshmeister
05-23-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm glad someone posted this.

I heard the original podcast and nearly went to the effort of cutting out this clip.

Like Penn these days I don't smoke dope or do blow and I agree entirely with him on this.

Our Prime Minister did at least dope and blow too which is fine, you wouldn't want someone who hadn't but that also again illustrates that it is nuts that drug users should be locked up.

Dr. Love
05-24-2012, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylv7GqkKyM4&feature=youtu.be

"The lesser of two evils always leads to more evil."

That basically sums up this election, and previous elections for who knows how long.

Nickdfresh
05-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Kind of a bullshit generalization. Would Al Gore have invaded Iraq killing tens of thousands? Doubt it.

Dr. Love
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
I forget, wasn't Al Gore part of an administration that lobbed cruise missiles into Iraq from time to time?

Nickdfresh
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Well, they were shooting at our gallant pilots from time to time...

Cruise missiles or not, it still stands...

Dr. Love
05-24-2012, 10:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(December_1998)

Doesn't seem to be the reason. In fact, it seems their actions became one of the justifications for invading Iraq. It's not like Clinton or Gore have their hands clean in this matter. I preferred Gore to Bush. But I do not believe they were significantly different.

clarathecarrot
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Jillettes postings around here over the years ..and THAT! fucking picture of him pointing at the camera and the STFU type underneath (-5Bucks- sais he had someone write it on the pic then dropped it onto gogglee, for him.) is singularily one of the things here that irritate me the most. Many poster here use to make a point..WTF!!!

This retrograde douche has ridden the coattails of his comedy partner for way to many years.

Penn has as much cred talking points, as you all feel about mine....oh THE SUCK that twit spews....GRRRR!

He has taken no chances with his GREAT WISDOM!!! waits 10 years into a trend then stomps around like he invented the direction of society, Fuck Him!

Rant Off.

Seshmeister
05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Sometimes I wonder if your posts are just a bot that Sarge installed without telling us.

Nickdfresh
05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(December_1998)

Doesn't seem to be the reason. In fact, it seems their actions became one of the justifications for invading Iraq. It's not like Clinton or Gore have their hands clean in this matter. I preferred Gore to Bush. But I do not believe they were significantly different.

I never said hands were "clean." Just that there was a very big difference between "Desert Fox" and "Operation Iraqi Freedom"...

Nitro Express
05-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Both the Republican and Democratic parties have acted disgraceful. They both are responsible for our current problems. The Republicans had their chance to turn the ship and they made things worse and the Democrats had their shot and made things worse. The problem is we have too many professional politicians who don't give a shit about the average person in this country and love the big money the multi-national corporations give them. They aren't even loyal to the country they supposedly serve anymore. They are loyal to multi national corporations that in many ways have taken over the role of nations now.