PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Larry Flynt

SunisinuS
05-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Thank God for Larry Flynt:

Hustler publisher defends lewd S.E. Cupp image: ‘That’s satire’

Hustler Magazine publisher Larry Flynt told The Daily Caller Wednesday that he had a right to publish a fake image of conservative commentator S.E. Cupp engaging in a sex act.
“That’s satire,” Flynt explained in a Wednesday email to TheDC.
The latest issue of Hustler features an image of Cupp with a phallus in her mouth and a disclaimer that the picture is fake.
“S.E. Cupp is a lovely young lady who read too much Ayn Rand in high school and ended up joining the dark side,” the magazine caption reads. “Cupp, an author and media commentator who often shows up on Fox News programs, is undeniably cute. But her hotness is diminished when she espouses dumb ideas like defunding Planned Parenthood. Perhaps the method pictured here is Ms. Cupp’s suggestion for avoiding an unwanted pregnancy.”
Hustler has been condemned for the image throughout the conservative blogosphere, as well as by Planned Parenthood and Sandra Fluke. Some commentators have suggested that Cupp sue Hustler.
Flynt says that it is entirely within his right to publish the image.
“I’m able to publish this because of the Supreme Court case I won in 1984, Flynt v. Falwell,” he told TheDC.
In that case, the Supreme Court found that the First Amendment protected Hustler’s decision to publish a 1983 parody of evangelical leader Jerry Falwell entitled “Jerry Falwell talks about his first time.”
According to the court, the parody — which suggested that Falwell lost his virginity during a drunken escapade with his mother in an outhouse — was protected speech because Falwell was a public figure. The case was decided in 1988 unanimously.

http://news.yahoo.com/hustler-publisher-defends-lewd-e-cupp-image-satire-210507923.html;_ylt=AqwqFgmjE3tQJfNAQBC.yoZ2hMgF;_ ylu=X3oDMTRvamxpbzFjBGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDEwMDBwb29sd2 lraXVwcmVzdARtaXQDTmV3cyBmb3IgeW91BHBrZwNkOTJlZWVh OS1jMTE4LTNiZTEtYmExNy0yZTk3NTFlOGRiZmIEcG9zAzIEc2 VjA25ld3NfZm9yX3lvdQR2ZXIDZjk5OTk0MzAtYTUxYS0xMWUx LWJiZmYtYzUyZDkzODQxMDUx;_ylg=X3oDMTN1bWtkNXFvBGlu dGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNGRiYzcwNzUtN2YwNS 0zMTljLWI2YmMtODcyMzA1YTEwNDA1BHBzdGNhdANTY2llbmNl fFNjaWVuY2UlMkZBbmltYWwlMjUyMCUyNTJGJTI1MjBQZXRzBH B0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

edit: fixing post

jhale667
05-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Funny reading through the Yahoo comments and all the faux outrage. It's a monthly feature that's been around for years (I don't read the mag regularly but it was in the last one I picked up a few years ago), every idiot in the news gets a photo-shopped schlonging. I mean, get the fuck over it.

She'll lose if she tries to sue, as well - based on the SCOTUS case Jerry Falwell lost against him. It's stated as satire, there's a disclaimer with the pic, no harm done.

Nickdfresh
05-24-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the image actually...

She's nuts and obviously cynically pandering to a complete segment of the population. But why even give this broad the press. She's good looking but hates abortion, 'kay I think shes so contrived it's nauseating. But there are better ways to counter this ignorance that photo-shopping cocks. Does anyone show male Fox News commentators eating pussy? Wait! LOL never mind!

Nitro Express
05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I just view her ilk like I view most ministers. It's niche marketing. You pick a target audience and sell to it. Who knows what these people really believe. All I know about Planned Parenthood is I used to rent cars to some very well dressed women who paid for them with Planned Parenthood credit cards and they were heading to a luxury resort. I don't know if they paid the bill themselves or if Planned Parenthood picked up the tab. They came through a lot.

Politics is really just another form of show business.